Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
koikeeper
01 Jan 21 19:50
| Topic/replies: 25,227 | Blogger: koikeeper's blog
We lost our 13 yr old springer yesterday.
She was put to sleep ( cancer).
She was running and swimming down the beach on Xmas eve.
And took a massize turn for the worst in the last couple of days.
Absolutely devastated.
Pause Switch to Standard View For those that have showed interest...
Show More
Report s.kenbo January 1, 2021 8:56 PM GMT
I’m sorry to hear that, Koi. It’s heartbreaking losing a dog.
Report saddo January 1, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
Best wishes koi, they are family and it's truly awful losing them.
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 1, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
I'm so sorry to hear that koikeeper!

I know how much you adored her!
Report cloone river January 1, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
Sorry to hear that koi.Springers are lovely dogs.Just try and think of all the good times you had with her.Had a good few springers down the years and what you had to go though the last couple of days doesnt get any easier.
Report sixtwosix January 1, 2021 10:01 PM GMT
Always a sad moment Koi , as there lives are so much shorter than ours , it can be something we experience a number of times.

I have not had a dog since my jack russell , Skip,  3 decades ago.

As I was heartbroken at the loss of Nigel on Gardeners World ....probably for the best.
Report scaredmoney January 1, 2021 10:15 PM GMT
Best wishes koi....a terrible time
Report DenzilPenberthy January 1, 2021 10:48 PM GMT
Aye heartbreaking you could do no more,in time you'll be able to think of the 13 great years she gave you.
Report chavman January 1, 2021 10:50 PM GMT
some koreans could get 13 good meals out it
Report chavman January 1, 2021 10:55 PM GMT
if overnight wom is right valtor and monsieur le coq are home and hosed.
Report workrider January 1, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
Really sorry to hear that Koi, had a Greyhound I bred from who lived with us and bred some useful winners , broke all our hearts when she had to be put to sleep she was also 13yo .My Daughters were in distress for ages after we lost her, I have never had a dog since. My Daughters both have dogs now and treat them like humans . I know you won't want to hear this but given time the sadness will diminish , I wish you good luck and has already been said remember the great times you had together...
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 1, 2021 11:19 PM GMT
Very sorry to hear this Koi. Dogs really do deserve a longer life than they get, seeing how they enjoy life so much and all. Lost my border collie 5 years ago and I'm still not ready to get another dog. Keep your chin up, Koi.
Report Macintoshmatty January 1, 2021 11:20 PM GMT
Had to have my best friend put down years back now, cancer, I still keep her collar in whatever vehicle I have as she loved sitting by me when I drove, usually cos she was going on a walk but also I think because she liked to be with me. Held her head when they put her down and cried like a baby after.
You can only be happy for the times you spent with them and the knowledge that you did the best for them.
Thoughts are with you Koi
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 1, 2021 11:50 PM GMT
chavman • January 1, 2021 10:50 PM GMT
some koreans could get 13 good meals out it

What an idiot you are!

You should be ashamed of yourself!
Report chavman January 1, 2021 11:56 PM GMT
ive worked with people who smell of dog,ive had dogs leaving dog hairs on a jacket on a chair ive been sitting on in a pub,ive walked in dog shyte and ive heard em barking the houses down outside a tesco when left tethered there by an owner.
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 2, 2021 12:04 AM GMT
In fact, I am so disgusted with your post, that for the first time in my life, I am going to Report it!

I hope you get banned!
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 2, 2021 12:12 AM GMT
I have Reported your post and if you do get banned, you'll know who is responsible!
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:13 AM GMT
well if my preference was animal welfare this wouldnt be the platform id be turning to given the infrequency of his posts.
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:16 AM GMT
he posts half a dozen times this year and this one is about his dog passing away and you report me.

get real.
Report cloone river January 2, 2021 12:18 AM GMT
As a matter of interest  what age are you Chavman?
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:19 AM GMT
my dogs dead etc.etc

have you not got facebooks....or considering you all supposed to know each other so well,pm or ring them
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:20 AM GMT
50 cloone
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:42 AM GMT
900 dying a day and his dog has died
Report chavman January 2, 2021 12:43 AM GMT
on a horse race forum
Report chavman January 2, 2021 1:03 AM GMT
Dog is a delicacy in Korea so banning me could become interesting
Report chavman January 2, 2021 1:32 AM GMT
No mas
Report koikeeper January 2, 2021 8:42 AM GMT
Chav, the reason I posted this on here is, as over the years
Some have commented on my profile picture, probably before you
ever joined on here.
Sorry it has upset you.

Thanks everyone else for your kind comments.
Report bob dylan January 2, 2021 8:43 AM GMT
lost my whippet in september. hurt like hell. new whippet mid november - will not forget the other but this one brought me out of it.
Report koikeeper January 2, 2021 8:45 AM GMT
BTW chav i hope your daughter gets well soon.
Report koikeeper January 2, 2021 8:49 AM GMT
Bob Dylan, don't know if we will be getting another dog, the wife is inconsolable.
Everywhere we look there are reminders, toys, food, treats, blankets etc.
She was a family member since she was 9 weeks old and went everywhere with us.
Report isleham January 2, 2021 8:51 AM GMT
Perhaps Chav can explain the relevance of long covid and his daughter on a horse racing forum rather than a man and his dog
Report bob dylan January 2, 2021 8:55 AM GMT
jump in again. it's the only way back , even though the newby cost ten times than the last one. i thought no chance of getting over it too but, my other half new better. heart is with you. if you love watching horses run and jump, whippets do to.
Report jimnast January 2, 2021 8:56 AM GMT
what a shame koi i love dogs and have lost 4 myself over the years i know its an old saying but they really are your best friendSad
Report skiptoomaloumacari January 2, 2021 8:57 AM GMT
desperate news ........................
Report ribero1 January 2, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
Really sorry to hear this Koi,remember my Grandparents springer (got a photo of me at about 3 y o with him) and my Mum told me that my Grandma wouldn't have another dog because she'd never find one as intelligent as Sammy again. Parents always had dogs and my Mum always regretted not getting another when she lost the last one when she was in her 80s thinking she was too old.
We've got a 9 y o maltese who like you Koi take everywhere we can,live 200 yards from a great pub but often travel 10 miles to one which is better for dogs!
He's 10 later this year and has definitely slowed down a bit and will turn his nose up now if its raining etc,wife says i've ruined him but she's not much better! Good luck koi.
Report TheNorfolkMafia January 2, 2021 9:35 AM GMT
chavman • January 2, 2021 12:19 AM GMT
my dogs dead etc.etc

have you not got facebooks....or considering you all supposed to know each other so well,pm or ring them

.........................................................................................................

my daughter has been diagnosed with long covid

chavman 30 Dec 20 15:17

.........................................................................................................

What a hypocrite you are!
Report s.kenbo January 2, 2021 9:44 AM GMT
We lost one four years ago and said that was it for us. Four or five months later we had a puppy (went from Doberman’s to a shih  tzu cross!) and he’s absolutely brilliant. I never thought I’d say this, but he’s the best dog I’ve ever had.

I hope you do get another one, a house isn’t the same when you’re use to having a dog in it.
Report ashleigh January 2, 2021 9:50 AM GMT
koi, sorry to here of your sad news. had a scottie for 17 years, then a westie for 17 years, said to my mrs no more after the effect it had on us, after a 7 year gap gave in and have had a sprocker for 5 years, he gives us so much pleasure, too intelligent by half, sure your springer was the same.

sure in time you will want another one.
Report jimnast January 2, 2021 9:57 AM GMT
my last one sinndar died in november 2012 we said there would be no more as its to upsetting losing them,reading this thread has made me rethink that decision.
Report ribero1 January 2, 2021 10:06 AM GMT
Jimnast,also from a selfish point of view got to be good for your health too,never been much of a walker until we got him and obviously now out and about every day.
Report liberator of the oppressed January 2, 2021 10:08 AM GMT
Koi lost my best friend big J 9th July truly remarkable mutt mad max x einstein proper dog nothing anybody says can take the pain away ever I still cry just looking at his picture we do however another dog now bitch equally as crazy.
Report Slicer January 2, 2021 10:14 AM GMT
Chav-I been on here since 2002 & this is the first time I've been genuinely shocked by a posting taking into account your thread about your daughter. I always thought of you as one of the good guys!

Koi you have my sincerest sympathies-I know what it's like. But you've extended to your beloved pet a final kindness by allowing no further suffering. Easy to say & not easy to do but try to remember the good times!
Report stewarts rise January 2, 2021 11:21 AM GMT
Really sorry to hear you've lost your dog koikeeper, tears you up i know, unfortunately dogs can go down very quickly, at least I suppose you didn't have to see him get worse and worse for too long. Best wishes mate, know I was devastated when had to put my Doberman to sleep when she had mammary gland cancer.
Report geordie1956 January 2, 2021 11:28 AM GMT
keep intending  to get a dog myself as they are great companions ... was intending to get a puppy but the prices are exhorbitant ... perhaps a rescue dog might be the way to go
sorry about your loss koikeeper .. without a doubt it hurts
Report N-east Correspondent January 2, 2021 11:35 AM GMT
Sorry about your loss Koi - We lost our sweet labrador Lily (12 and half) just on Tuesday afternoon, coming only a couple of months after our border collie was put to sleep.
Its absolutely devastating if you are an animal lover as they become so entwined in family life and give so much back.

To Chavdivvy he did say to those who have shown an interest, you could have ignored thread given how angsty you became on the long covid thread when posters asked a couple of questions.
Report jamesdean January 2, 2021 2:02 PM GMT
test
Report jamesdean January 2, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
Sorry to hear that Koi. Got to remember the great life you gave your dog on the long walks etc. As a few other have said, get another one when time is right.
Not only will you be doing the new dog a favour and good life it will be good for yous both as well.

As for chavman, you should get an apology from him when he sobers up today.
Report chavman January 2, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
not my finest moment granted.i apologise,it was in bad taste.
Report Tattcorner January 2, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
At least you have apologised Chav...just hope you haven't burnt your bridges with Koi...
Report Macintoshmatty January 2, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
well done Chavman
Report 11kv January 2, 2021 3:31 PM GMT
He's not a bad lad is Chavman.

Sorry for your loss Koi,remember the good times which I'm sure there were many..........
Report ONTHEBIT January 2, 2021 3:53 PM GMT
Sorry for your loss Koi, I feel your pain at this awful time - the pain will ease and you can remember the good times you had.
Report GLASGOWCALLING January 2, 2021 4:16 PM GMT
not my finest moment granted.i apologise,it was in bad taste.

well done Chav.
Report greenteethnarrabacktroutmoy January 2, 2021 4:21 PM GMT
silly craigs tells the horse racing forum when his daughter has flu but make a comment like that when somesone pet has died...

a hypocrite and an abso 4ars sole of the highest order.
Report the old nanny ;-) January 2, 2021 4:34 PM GMT
Sorry to hear KOI . leaves a big void ,they are a big part of the family Sad
Report Greg_Gory January 2, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
Sad News m8 R.I.P Cry
Report Nogoody January 2, 2021 5:30 PM GMT
Deepest sympathy koi,I had to put our Springer down about 16 years ago and haven't got another, much as I might have wanted to, the pain is too much. Only thing is now if I get one the fecker will live longer than I will.
Report Lee Ho Fooks January 2, 2021 5:31 PM GMT
Sorry to hear that Koi, my lad has a young springer & he loves her to bits
Report layemall January 2, 2021 6:04 PM GMT
For what it is worth, I don't understand those who deprive themselves of getting another dog because they believe they can't go through the pain of loss again or because no other will match/live up to a particular lost one.
We only live once and if the joy that a dog can bring anyone for hopefully 10 years or so, why not get another one(assuming that one is healthy enough to take for walks etc) ?

On the other hand, as primarily a cat lover, I fully understand owners who believe they should be free and allowed to go out, but because of their location have lost 2 or 3 to the roads, not wanting to get another kitten.
So Koi(and any others that the cap fits for), am sorry for your loss, but I would suggest getting back on the horse so to speak, and get a puppy who will hopefully (not replace), but give you another 10 years of companionship at it's best.
All the best to all on here in 2021.(well mostly allWink)
Report the dealer January 2, 2021 6:32 PM GMT
Sorry to hear that Koi
Report Rico-Dangleflaps January 2, 2021 7:26 PM GMT
i concur with layemall..we know the lifespan of a dog..they dont live forever..enjoy it,get another,recurring.

as for chavman..wac..a cockney c***.
Report chavman January 2, 2021 7:31 PM GMT
a real hardcase you intcha
Report smirnoff2therescue January 2, 2021 10:51 PM GMT
Koi get yasel anutha one -wont replace the memories but he/she will giv you many more
Report adamanty January 2, 2021 11:19 PM GMT
Sorry to hear the sad news Koi.
Nice to see that a whole lot of folks
sharing your loss.
Report ambush January 3, 2021 12:47 AM GMT
think its time to leave chavman alone. hes appologised.sitting here with my 15 yr old dog my wish for 21 is for people to stop not only been so easily offended , but to stop been offended on behalf of others.
Report stewarty b January 3, 2021 12:55 AM GMT
I was going to reply when I first saw this thread but saw it had gone off track slightly. I can only imagine how koi feels. I myself got a puppy from the rescue centre over 11 years ago. She's half Jack Russell and half wee Collie. Miss stew keeps her most nights as a wee bit of security for her as she cant stay at my place due to covid rules.

It's the best £100 I've ever invested in my life. She will be 12 in March and just the thought of losing her is unbearable. Best friend? To both of us. I'm no spring chicken and have thought of getting another if the worst happened but that seems far too simple to me.

I have spoke to miss stew about getting another one now but that could prove a bit of a handful. No one knows but I'm hoping she lives another four years.

Anyways koi I hope things get better for you albeit gradually.

Fair play to Craig for his apology. Sadly for one poultice that's not enough with his cheap shots.
Report know all January 3, 2021 2:05 AM GMT
losing pets awful lost 7 dogs in total and it never gets any easier but youve given then a good life and all the love, and thats been  returned not sure i want another one as ive got a 17 year old big tom cat and we are near that time again so something i care not to think about to much sleeps in the bed not on top this one gets under the covers and moves you over lol
Report Billy Liddell January 3, 2021 8:26 AM GMT
Really sorry to hear to hear your sad news Koikeeper, we lost our 11yr old labrador Shankly a good few years ago and still talk about him most days even now. We had a family meal yesterday and my son brought up the story of him somehow dragging The Christmas turkey off the worktop Christmas Eve after it had been cooked and there was nothing left off it in the morning including most of the bones.
Apart from a Shannnnkklyyy , what have you donnnne. He was ready for his Beef Christmas dinner by 3 O'clock as well..
Report koikeeper January 3, 2021 9:13 AM GMT
We have loads of great memories, photos and videos, it's still raw and hard to get our heads around, the wife left a bit of chicken from here dinner as usual yesterday then realised...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com