Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
17 Dec 20 11:58
| Topic/replies: 17,665 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
a campaign from great british racing to get behind hollie to win spoty is gathering pace. saturday's big chase at ascot has been renamed "good luck hollie in spoty silver cup hcp" 

i think she has a very good chance of winning if the industry gets behind her, don't think o'sullivan,fury,henderson or broad have done enough to warrant winning it, clearly hamilton is the 1 to beat, the winner in 2014 and placed many times,don't think he is liked that much by the the british public.

hollie has won awards already recently, and if itv promote her over the next couple of days at ascot, and the bbc give her the amount of airtime she deserves she just might win it.

should say i'm on at 100/1, and 8/1 without hamilton.ExcitedLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View HOLLIE FOR SPOTY
Show More
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 7:08 PM GMT
on all round merit elise even 7 is to big.
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
sure, that was when i think andy murray won, so he probably wasn't a real fav to win and there were viable alternatives, hamilton os not liked by plenty, wouldn't surprise me if some sort of campaign takes off but the remainder to me look like no hopers on the achievement criteria
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:19 PM GMT
just found the voting; murray 361k sinfield 278k , ennis hill 80k, fury 72k hamilton 48k,frppme 39k, farah,31k, whitlock 25k, rutherford 23k, armitstead 22k, peaty 13k bromze 13k so a slightly deeper and more deserving line up
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:19 PM GMT
froome soz
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 7:21 PM GMT
who would have thought back in feb that a brilliant english heavyweight champion would be 9/4 to finish in the top 3 on spoty and on top of that in a bang average year.
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 7:23 PM GMT
who is armitstead ?
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:26 PM GMT
cyclist
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
thanks elise i dont follow that sport although i remember bradley wiggins and gerry shields.
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
think that was the year she became world road champion but not sure
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:30 PM GMT
i couldn't remember bronze, female footballer
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
oh dear i didnt even know she was a she,i do remember bronze she plays full back i think she was voted best player in the world a couple of years ago.
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
no idea myself, hardly watch any prem lge these days let alone womens
Report ribero1 December 17, 2020 7:40 PM GMT
Think there was some sort of campaign for Sinfield that year for him to get that many votes?
Report elise December 17, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
worked for giggs, at some point it might well happen again, liverpool prob have enough fans to get henderson close if they really got going on it
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
do you have to pay to vote ?
Report Ramruma December 17, 2020 8:12 PM GMT
@jimnast re paying to vote.

You can vote online for free but you need a BBC account.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/55254105

Or you can vote by phone. I guess the cost of a phone call will depend on what sort of contract you have.
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
that funny named martial arts chap has been matched at 1.1 for the overseas which considering nobody has ever heard of him is quite a surprise,betting was suspended shortly after,

what a carry on
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 8:16 PM GMT
thanks ramruna it just crossed my mind when elise said the liverpool fans could win it for henderson.
Report ribero1 December 17, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
Jimnast,just had a look and voting stopped 2 days ago for the overseas winner so that would explain him being matched at 1.01 i guess.
Report Ramruma December 17, 2020 8:32 PM GMT
Liverpool fans could win it for Henderson, @jimnast, and I doubt the cost of a call would be a factor. It might but do people really think about cost when they pick up their phones to call mum?

Ryan Giggs had been an outstanding Man Utd player for a decade or more, and probably also sewed up the Welsh vote. If a Liverpool fan were to rank their current team, how far down would Henderson come?

Imo, and I am often wrong about SPotY, Henderson and Broad are makeweights in a year when we lost the Olympics, Eurosoccerball and Wimbledon. You've got three world number ones, the best lady sportsman in the country, and those two.
Report elise December 17, 2020 8:47 PM GMT
on the plus side though, there have been hardly any noteworthy sports events and as a result it's possible the whole thing might be a bit of a turn off, so maybe fewer votes and a campaign for someone other than hamilton might have a chance, only having 6 runners will stop a wider dissipation of votes also, although if this goes to form it could mean hamilton wins by an absolute landslide
Report elise December 17, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
would be amusing to see his fake smile as he receives runner up to a bloke that couldn't be bothered to turn up
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 9:05 PM GMT
it was tong in cheek the cost of calls ramruna.
Report jimnast December 17, 2020 10:33 PM GMT
unbelievable ribero just watching the news tonight lucy bronze was named fifa player of the year.
Report Ramruma December 18, 2020 10:06 AM GMT
Racing is almost unique in that men and women compete on an equal basis, which ought to be in Hollie's favour.

Cynics will say that just proves the horse does all the work but where, in that case, are the female Formula One drivers?
Report Facts December 18, 2020 11:39 AM GMT
Ramruma    17 Dec 20 19:57 
Fury has asked his fans not to vote for him. If the BBC cared either way about Fury winning, they could have acceded to his request and dropped him.

Question is, for us as punters, is whether Fury is too long in the betting on the back of this controversy?

After he won his last fight. Fury became immediate hot fav ( odds on ) for SPOTY.
Amazing drift !
Report Storm Alert December 18, 2020 12:20 PM GMT
I think Tyson is actually quite liked, probably because of his colourful nature. He is quite an interesting character and I thought came across ok in the ITV documentary. O'Sullivan might well win another major completion next week. Hamilton not necessarily a shoe in as a lot of people just don't like him. Can't really come up with good sporting reasons for the others. Doyle has done well for herself this year band is setting some records (for a woman), but none of my family and friends have ever heard of her, including one who likes to have a bet now and again.
Report Ramruma December 18, 2020 12:42 PM GMT
Trouble is, Fury's last fight was so long ago that no-one had even heard of Covid-19 (not strictly true but you get the drift) and if you asked non-boxing fans to name the British world champion, half of them would say AJ.

@Storm Alert is probably right that Hamilton is not home and hosed but after that, it's not obvious who inherits the win. Ronnie can come across as a right jerk depending what mood he's in; Hollie is no Frankie or AP who are the only famous jockeys since Lester; Henderson and Broad are not even the best players in their teams.

Dunno. Maybe watch the programme and see who the highlights favour, otherwise no bet.
Report geoff m December 18, 2020 1:46 PM GMT
Hollie now into 11/4 .Hope she wins >but a shocking price from a betting perspective. Who on earth has ever heard of Hollie outside of  the mini horse racing bubble
Report ashleigh December 18, 2020 1:52 PM GMT
all those saying hollie has no chance, lay herGrinat 11/4 or back the others.WinkWink
Report jimnast December 18, 2020 1:52 PM GMT
i have never seen anything like it geoff in all my life a very good and very likeable lady jockey 11/4 a superb heavyweight champion of the world 25/1 the world has gone Crazy
Report jimnast December 18, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
i learnt a long time ago ash not to get involved in these sort of things ,i see somebody is on at 200 they must be a clairvoyant.
Report ashleigh December 18, 2020 2:45 PM GMT
hollie on itv now.Happy
Report acey deucy December 18, 2020 3:22 PM GMT
I thought the odds on Anthony Joshua was a Cert in 2017....Could not eeven get placed ffs....Leave well alone.
Report geoff m December 18, 2020 3:43 PM GMT
out to 9/2 now. laid some 11/4 and 3s so time to green up.
Report geoff m December 18, 2020 5:39 PM GMT
back into 5/2 here . time to lay again.
Report jimnast December 18, 2020 5:58 PM GMT
i will have to go and have a lie down.
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 6:15 AM GMT
LINEKER, SCOTT, BALDING, LOGAN, CryCryCryCry, WATCH THAT BBC R ASCOT COVERAGE IVE POSTED INSTEAD
Report elisjohn December 19, 2020 6:17 AM GMT
havent read this thread, except the opening post, 100/1 ash, well done fantasticWink
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 10:22 AM GMT
don't forget to vote for HOLLIE 8pm live on bbc1 tonight.Excited
Report differentdrum December 20, 2020 10:36 AM GMT
A car or a horse, difficult choice.

In fact the car and the horse have probably got more personality.
Report ribero1 December 20, 2020 12:14 PM GMT
Presumably everyone muzzled up? will look like a scene from some ghoulish horror film.
Report lead on December 20, 2020 12:30 PM GMT
at least Balding will look better than usual then..
Report BennyBinion1 December 20, 2020 1:02 PM GMT
Will anyone be actually be watching this?

You know the BBC will ruin it as per, with their right on leftie agenda.

Instead of just concentrating on the sport, which is the whole point of the evening.

Love to know what the viewing figures are now, compared with 15-20 years ago.
Report differentdrum December 20, 2020 3:02 PM GMT
All figures are down, but given the current situation they will probably be better than they should be.

We should all be honoured to see the most overpaid bloke on television laughing all the way to the bank. At least the nominees will only compliment his wooden delivery.

I suspect the people they are desperately trying to appeal to most are the ones least likely to be watching.
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:05 PM GMT
come on hollie.Grin
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
alex scott,hot.Cool
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
i am watching it benny why would i not i enjoy sport and its something thats kept many going in this miserable year.
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:15 PM GMT
the look back didn't take long.Laugh
Report Try My Best December 20, 2020 8:15 PM GMT
I'm glad Tyson has f!cked off the BBC and their gag on free speech. If Hollie Doyle wins it's a farce.
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:18 PM GMT
If Lester could not win it why should she? No bet since AP won and he was a different kettle of fish,that said you have Black (Hamilton) female her,little chance of a white male hetero having a sniff on the BBC?
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 8:19 PM GMT
Why so?
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:20 PM GMT
FFS she is FUGLY as well.
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 8:21 PM GMT
I thought this was a Hollie apreciation thread.Shocked
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 8:22 PM GMT
Come on glen grow up son.
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 8:23 PM GMT
i would not like a dig of her that was some weight she was lifting.
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:26 PM GMT
I did acey.many tears and years ago,waking up in Garrison towns!!!!Sad
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:27 PM GMT
sir tom doesn't sound too well.Sad
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:28 PM GMT
Munched a few rugs in his time ashleigh.nap
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:32 PM GMT
plenty of cash for j henderson.Surprised
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 8:34 PM GMT
Hamilton is home and hosed ffs....And no i aint a fan.
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:37 PM GMT
Liverpool must be due a murder or 90,been a while since the scum were mentioned in real football history?
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 8:37 PM GMT
jessica would make tom sound better
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:38 PM GMT
marcus rashford would have walked this.Grin
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 8:40 PM GMT
Don't forget this is the BAME,LGBT Broadcasting service that has a hard time with truth or employing "Normal" Brits?
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 8:44 PM GMT
we have lost a lot of sports stars this year Sad
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 8:45 PM GMT
not going to be much voting time.Crazy
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:13 PM GMT
are all of liverpool backing henderson? 3/1Surprised
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 9:17 PM GMT
I remember i lumped on Anthony Joshua at odds on in 2017 and he could not even get placed....So i avoid betting on this market like the plague.
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 9:19 PM GMT
I hope you collect on both bets Ashleigh,doubtful tbh but your "Without" looks like a very fair chance,sucked into having a punt at 6/4 Hollie so your 8s looks pretty healthy,have you laid off or holding steady?
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:24 PM GMT
laid off win, kept without.
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:28 PM GMT
henderson price in frefall.
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 9:30 PM GMT
Nice of Lewis to say a few words for Monaco....Fack off you tax dodging ****.
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 9:31 PM GMT
from Monaco even.Grin
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 9:34 PM GMT
what would make people back one person so strongly so late ?
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 9:37 PM GMT
For those who used the Racing Post Forum,you will maybe remember my first ever bet on this? AP and the certainty weeks before the event,given the opposition here you would think Hollie would be a shoe in,she should be 4/7 in reality,poor opposition and no depth to any of them.
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:37 PM GMT
could be coordinated, remember giggs?
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 9:40 PM GMT
that maybe the case but that would not explain the money on here.
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 9:44 PM GMT
exeter should have won that
Report 11kv December 20, 2020 9:44 PM GMT
BT Guys piling in late
Report mecca December 20, 2020 9:46 PM GMT
Lineker starting to look a bit like Anderson Cooper off CNN
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:48 PM GMT
hate this part, so many greats no longer here.Sad
Report acey deucy December 20, 2020 9:49 PM GMT
Sad
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 9:49 PM GMT
5 mins behind here ash but i agree Sad
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:50 PM GMT
smile, at death.Crazy
Report ProSniper December 20, 2020 9:51 PM GMT
Memento mori.
Report ashleigh December 20, 2020 9:54 PM GMT
hollie 3rd.Sad
Report glentoby December 20, 2020 9:57 PM GMT
Unlucky ash,foregone conclusion and amazing how the BBC knew the result before the votes?
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 9:57 PM GMT
singer was not needed with those we lost
Report jimnast December 20, 2020 10:04 PM GMT
ffs we have a great heavyweight champion who never got in the top 3 what an idiotic bunch of voters and i thought the yanks were crackers.
Report england_v_south_afri December 20, 2020 10:06 PM GMT
Hollie my hero 3rd CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report ProSniper December 20, 2020 10:17 PM GMT
The only thing that's more absurd than the shytie award itself is the fact they have "places" for it.
Report Brian December 21, 2020 9:46 AM GMT
The only time I've ever voted for SPOTY even though I never watch it (and didn't last night), I voted for Hollie of course and glad she got in the first three.
Report grappler December 21, 2020 10:10 AM GMT
anyone watching this grotesque and absurd charade is mentally defective. fitting that it was 'won' by a truly vile creature like super-canute hamilton, resplendent in his hideous tribal markings, bits of metal all about his gormless bonce and tasteless clobber. hes recently discovered his roots and had his barnet done to reflect his origins in the ghetto that is rural hertfordshire.

and motor racing is a horrible business, evidenced by the despotic tyrannies queueing up to host this celebration of vulgarity corruption and waste. and its not a sport, so he shouldnt have been eligible.
Report differentdrum December 21, 2020 10:34 AM GMT
Just to put this 'achievement' in perspective, just about any female athlete could have finished third. For horse racing read netball.
Report Wesdag December 21, 2020 12:43 PM GMT
wow grappler, not a lewis fan I take it?

Laugh
Report dave1357 December 21, 2020 12:46 PM GMT
Don't have anything against Hamilton other that I think that residents of Monaco (and other tax havens) should be forced to spend their lives there and be refused entry to any "normal" countries.
Report jimnast December 21, 2020 1:18 PM GMT
i watch it every year and enjoy it,i must admit it is not as good as it use to be but still a nice programme,never thought i was mentally defective but there you go ,something learnt today.
Report ribero1 December 21, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
Must admit enjoyed Grappler's post,you're  very tolerant Jimnast,can't bring myself to watch it nowadays as it's normally just a celeb fest,did flick on to it a bit last night and i thought less excruciating without a crowd there when the presenters fawn over everybody,caught the Hollie interview and definitely warmed to her,lovely modest girl who scrubbed up very well imo.
Report jimnast December 22, 2020 10:20 AM GMT
there are parts i did not enjoy ribero no idea why they need a live singer whilst going through those we have lost this year,for some reason spoty like shergar cup day get a lot of stick yet both get a very good audience ,for me they both do no harm nobody is forced to watch them ,yet with the carry on you get when these events take place you would think people were held at gun point to watch them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com