Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mugbookie
29 Nov 20 18:45
| Topic/replies: 587 | Blogger: mugbookie's blog
1. After assessing  bookmaker/attendee ratios for January/February 2020....how does such a 'one size fits all' approach toward attendance correlate with a social distancing strategy designed to ensure covid security ?

2.It is disappointing that JCR have seen fit not to liaise with the BLC that they have established at each of their tracks...I am a member of the BLC at Warwick, and would have welcomed the opportunity to ,at least, represent my fellow bookmakers in discussions to ensure that the betting positions at Warwick were utilised in such a way that attendees could place their bets in as safe and competitive environment as possible.

3.Did racecourses actually consult with any bookmakers either individually or as an association before making this decision ?....and what of future plans ?....if crowds remain restricted indefinitely beyond April, do they intend to keep the same protocols in place ?
Pause Switch to Standard View One bookmaker per one hundred and...
Show More
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 29, 2020 10:56 PM GMT
Use exchange

No chance of breaching social distancing and better prices

In my opinion.
Report sugarsteve1 November 29, 2020 11:35 PM GMT
Number per book is subjective.  Personally, I would have suggested a ration of 100:1.  In my opinion, Racecourses have selected this number but also feel it could be reviewed, so Mug pls raise with AGT
Report jimnast November 30, 2020 8:08 AM GMT
what a surprise swaddle pops up on a bookmaker thread even late on a sunday night he can not help himself with this obsession.its unhealthy going through life the way you do,i wonder what other unhealthy obsessions you have whilst been alone late at night.

good morning mugbookie

do you really believe no bookmakers were consulted ?
Report ItsMeSwaddle November 30, 2020 8:47 AM GMT
Jimnast, just had a look at the lay comp and can see why old bookies don't do any laying anymore Cry.

What was wrong about my comment, thanks
Report jimnast November 30, 2020 8:54 AM GMT
i am not a layer swaddle as i stated when i joined the comp ,its not what was wrong with any particular comment its you never miss a chance of having a pop at racecourse bookmakers.

regarding the comps which you just brought up the tipping comp which this is my first month since around 2005 i am 13.63 up and you are 6.98 down.
Report mugbookie November 30, 2020 9:40 AM GMT
Morning Sugersteve1....You are spot on, the number of books able to provide a SAFE and competitive betting environment for attendees at each course is HIGHLY subjective, and is hugely dependant on the layout of the betting ring.As I've said, JCR have the perfect medium via the BLC to be as inclusive as possible where discussion of numbers is concerned....and have chosen not to use it...why ? I'm sure that we ALL want course betting to be conducted in as safe and enjoyable manner as possible on restart...I'm not sure that creating an arbitrary, inflexible bookmaker/attendee ratio will fulfil EITHER of those criteria !

Morning Jimnast....Couldn't possibly say whether ANYBODY from the bookmaking community has been consulted...I know I haven't...either way, they've got this wrong....let's hope that it does not result in even more negative publicity for our industry....that's the last thing we need !!!!!!
Report MaxED December 1, 2020 12:20 PM GMT
multi pitch holders displaying why there is no unity in rings
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com