Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
26 Nov 20 19:19
| Topic/replies: 48,538 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
The binary options are:

1. Allow people to live their lives as they see fit

2. Allow Johnson and Hancock to continue imposing lockdowns on a formerly free population

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 211
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 19:24
Allow people to live as they wish and reduce the population of UK to less than half IMVHO!!!

Free population only thanks to those that made real sacrifice to ensure you had such freedom,the ones now most in need of protection being sacrificed in favour of idle,selfish,ignorant spoiled ****s who would cower in a corner faced with what the elderly generation faced to give them their freedom!!!!
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 26 Nov 20 19:25
Next referendum should be: abolish the monarchy. I think >95% would want this.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 19:26
Allow people to live as they wish and reduce the population of UK to less than half IMVHO!!!

any evidence for this?

it hasn't happened in Stockholm where there is a population of nearly a million.

Never mind, this is a democratic process and we can assume glentoby will be voting for number 2.
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 19:28
Are you serious George? Sweden is now under the cosh and has been for months!!!!?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 19:29
you still haven't produced any evidence, glentoby
By:
stewarts rise
When: 26 Nov 20 19:33
I don't  think we should hold referendums at all, we vote for a government to govern and they should make the decisions imo. Folk still arguing about Brexit result never really solves anything.
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 19:38
I have no evidence George and perhaps you missed my sarcasm? However I have worked on task forces in areas where we dealt with Leprosy and Ebola,in the case of Ebola,it would have wiped out the entire population and very possible a continent left to people "Living their lives" as a free population.

I had an email earlier saying to watch a BBC documentary at 2100 hrs about the Spanish Flue epidemic,I will try and watch,no idea the content but assuming a parallel to the present pandemic.
By:
JetLoneStar
When: 26 Nov 20 19:47
Ye, Spanish Flu and this virus are pretty much the same, we should lockdown forever just to be careful imo.
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 19:49
GEORGE
Following your argument through

How do you think the highly populated Asian countries have fared with their strictest approaches that impinged the most on their citizens civil liberties?

When the Pandemic that kills all age groups finally shows up on our shores, and it will just a matter of when I think I'd be looking at their approach tbh.
By:
stewarts rise
When: 26 Nov 20 19:50
Watched a program about Spanish Flu fairly recently, killed millions of people, what got me was many American soldiers died on the ships bringing them over the Atlantic from the flu as did many of the nurses on board, many other soldiers died from it marching to the front line, without seeing an enemy. Was a pretty horrid death as well.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 19:51
It could be that 'THEY' would insist on a 100 % postal vote, for social distancing reasons, obviously.

They wouldn't fiddle it, would they? Of course not!
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 19:53
Feel free to post any appropriate evidence, striding
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 19:57
Evidence what would you like

Death rates ? second waves not getting going?

or people like you being upset being told what to do?
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 19:59
What most seem to be missing is the method of transmission,no contact,no transmission,it is that simple.My wife is a microbiologist (supposed to be retired) and she has said from the outset that the only way to stop the spread is stop travel and interaction.

I think this has been proven across the world and yet Western economies continue to go with the facts and then reverse the common sense,anyone thinking most of it is humane thinking should look back and realise an economic and political pandemic,little different to a good war between nations?

And btw I dislike conspiracy nut jobs!!
By:
Latalomne
When: 26 Nov 20 19:59
TBF, SE, that's not *just* down to locking everywhere down.  That's also because they have nailed down testing, something we have failed abjectly at.  There is no value in testing only those with symptoms when 80% of infections are thought to result in asymptomatic manifestations.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 20:00
evidence to back up what you're saying, striding, I would have thought that was obvious
By:
stridingedge
They had both Lat that is true but they did lock down hard initially too.
By:
stewarts rise
More American servicemen were killed in the 1st World War by the Spanish Flu than by enemy action.
By:
Latalomne
When: 26 Nov 20 20:02

Nov 26, 2020 -- 8:00PM, stridingedge wrote:

They had both Lat that is true but they did lock down hard initially too.

They did, but they then tested everybody returning into China, too.  We couldn't even manage to do that.

By:
stridingedge
GEORGE I've asked what exactly would you accept. What are your parameters for success?
By:
stridingedge
Lat they closed their borders too
By:
Latalomne
When: 26 Nov 20 20:06
They did, but they made sure they caught instances of it being imported as well.

Lockdown on its own DOES NOT WORK.
By:
Dotchinite
When: 26 Nov 20 20:06
I think we are coming to the end of this George one way or another. There will be a point that we have to go back to normal regardless as the economy wont stand it. Peoples attitudes will also change - I think many have written off this year but I doubt they will be prepared to do the same next year.
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 20:09
So George what was your motivation for this thread,you never mentioned my reply re-Sweden which suggests you are actually clueless?
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 20:10
Lat

My point is sometimes your own rights are not the most important thing and sometimes a state intervention that impinges more on civil liberties can actually get a good outcome , specifically in the case of a pandemic!
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 20:11
stridingedge 26 Nov 20 19:49 
GEORGE
When the Pandemic that kills all age groups finally shows up on our shores

OK striding, we'll deal with this one.

So you're saying there are places in the world where this virus has killed significant numbers of children?

Whatever you're referring to, why do you think it hasn't already showed up on our shores, given it's been in existence for at least 11 months?
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 20:13
glentoby 26 Nov 20 20:09 
So George what was your motivation for this thread,you never mentioned my reply re-Sweden which suggests you are actually clueless?

glentoby 26 Nov 20 19:38 
I have no evidence George

What else is there to say, then?
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 20:13
Back at you George,are you saying NO children have died because of Covid19?
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 20:14
GEORGE

I'm on about one day a virus (NOT Covid19) will emerge that is far more dangerous to more people in society, Will you still be banging your civil rights druim thinking you know best and your actions are your actions even if your actions ended up killing others?
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 20:15
You are a sick and sad individual George not to mention,deluded and despicable on top of being a sensational seeking moron.

HTH
By:
GEORGE.B
glentoby 26 Nov 20 20:13 
Back at you George,are you saying NO children have died because of Covid19?

No, I didn't say that.
By:
stridingedge
GEORGE

IF sweden was the same size as China and the other highly densely populated Asian countries how many deaths would Sweden have compared to china?
By:
Latalomne

Nov 26, 2020 -- 8:10PM, stridingedge wrote:

Lat My point is sometimes your own rights are not the most important thing and sometimes a state intervention that impinges more on civil liberties can actually get a good outcome , specifically in the case of a pandemic!

I don't disagree, but it is a lot harder "sell" when you are making a right Horlicks of the equally vital accompanying bits!

By:
Dotchinite
Have any healthy children died of COVID? I dont think they have in the UK.
By:
glentoby
When: 26 Nov 20 20:17
Only unhealthy children?

FFS get real,get facts!!!
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 20:18
stridingedge 26 Nov 20 20:14 
GEORGE
I'm on about one day a virus (NOT Covid19) will emerge that is far more dangerous to more people in society, Will you still be banging your civil rights druim thinking you know best and your actions are your actions even if your actions ended up killing others?

If that day comes striding, then the government won't need to go out looking for healthy people to test. We'll notice when the body bags are piling up in the streets, and voluntarily place ourselves under house arrest and give away our liberties.
By:
GEORGE.B
When: 26 Nov 20 20:21
stridingedge 26 Nov 20 20:15 
GEORGE
IF sweden was the same size as China and the other highly densely populated Asian countries how many deaths would Sweden have compared to china?

If the virus is as deadly as the measures being taken would suggest, then in a population of nearly a million, as in Stockholm, would surely be seeing deaths in the tens of thousands, as the Imperial College modelling suggested if they didn't lock down.

It hasn't happened.
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 20:21
LAT

I'm certainly not defending the Govt. They had nothing in place at the beginning and seemed to be reacting too late as it went along making promises about world class testing and tracing etc etc

They've opened stuff back up but not had the right management of the situation. It's never been under control. I totally AGREE lockdown the way we did it without other tools in place has been a shambles.

It's not my civil rights I'm moaning about it's the jumping from one mess to another consistently.
By:
stridingedge
When: 26 Nov 20 20:23
GEORGE Sweden has done far the worst of the scandinavian countries for DEATHS

Swedens approach  in china (given Swedens testing was sh1te like ours for months earlier in year) would have caused carnage in the highly more densely populated countries.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com