Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gaze733
25 Nov 20 17:46
| Topic/replies: 2,413 | Blogger: Gaze733's blog
Sometimes I try to lay the fav for trading purposes because surely it must have hit the bottom price after steaming all day, and then it steams by another 15%. Some favs seem to have no bottom price.
Pause Switch to Standard View Do you ever try to trade steamers?
Show More
Report berti November 25, 2020 5:05 PM GMT
Back them then and watch them drift Laugh
Report howard November 25, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
yeah watch out for Barney Kirby.
Report 11kv November 25, 2020 5:09 PM GMT
Done Irons and fridges but not steamers.

Coat please.
Report Gaze733 November 25, 2020 5:10 PM GMT
Berti exactly, if you try to back at the bottom price they suddenly start a 30% drift.
Report berti November 25, 2020 5:28 PM GMT
Gaze - You should lay my backs and I'll back your lays. What could possibly go wrong?
Report tobermory November 25, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
I used to to look at the betting 20 minutes before the off, note the odds, and submit lays 20% lower on every runner. No trading out, just let ride.

So if it was a 5 runner race with odds 2.0, 5.0, 5.0, 15 & 21 ....

I would put in lays @1.8, 4.2, 4.2, 12 & 17.

I'd usually get one matched, often more in bigger fields. I did it for about 1,000 races. Actually made a profit, but it was massively time consuming doing all that manually and the profit was not big. Though I still thought interesting that that there was one at all, considering commission of 1000 races and the belief most people tend to have that these are horses you should back (backing everything at the prices I was matched would have been a very grim result)
Report Hayden November 25, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
Do a similar line of thinking Tobermory but fairly different with the numbers.

One thing i've never done though is waste time sitting by a computer operating manually , that's what algorithms are for so get " a techy " to write a script to obey your commands to the letter then put you feet up and watch a movie , or even the racing if you're that interested in the sport itself.
Report Gaze733 November 25, 2020 6:17 PM GMT
I'm pretty sure a bot could execute tober's strategy. People don't call it Botfair for nothing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com