Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dambuster
25 Nov 20 12:53
| Topic/replies: 4,933 | Blogger: dambuster's blog
Anyone know pls ?
Pause Switch to Standard View When are the Public allowed Back on...
Show More
Report Wesdag November 25, 2020 12:13 PM GMT
after 2nd Dec when current "lockdown" ends
Report layingisthewayforward November 25, 2020 12:33 PM GMT
from 3rd December. Upto 4000 can attend in tier 1 and upto 2000 in tier 2.  No crowds in tier 3 I think.
Report GAZO November 25, 2020 12:35 PM GMT
i would imagine if you are not a member it might be difficult to get in at the bigger meetings
Report Wesdag November 25, 2020 12:36 PM GMT

Nov 25, 2020 -- 1:33PM, layingisthewayforward wrote:

from 3rd December. Upto 4000 can attend in tier 1 and upto 2000 in tier 2.

Report Wesdag November 25, 2020 12:36 PM GMT
correct
Report ekbalko November 25, 2020 12:37 PM GMT
I think there will be a few obsacles put in the way,local councils etc.
Report ekbalko November 25, 2020 12:37 PM GMT
obstacles ffs
Report ashleigh November 25, 2020 12:41 PM GMT
ludlow on dec 3rd in a low tier planning for owners,members and 500 from the public.
Report Manoleeds November 25, 2020 5:42 PM GMT

Nov 25, 2020 -- 1:37PM, ekbalko wrote:

obstacles ffs

Muzzles,payment by card only and restricted to a pen for starters.

Report mrcombustible November 25, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
The new rules will come into effect from the beginning of Wednesday 2 December.
Report mrcombustible November 25, 2020 7:44 PM GMT
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/local-restriction-tiers-what-you-need-to-know
Report jimnast November 25, 2020 7:45 PM GMT
ash ludlow dont race on the 3rd of december
Report glentoby November 25, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
Only said the other evening it will not happen according to a friend on the back bench.He reckons too much opposition to moving from high risk to perceived low risk areas i.e personnel and animals are enough.

Only his opinion btw but worth watching imvho before the trolls jump in\/
Report The Knight November 26, 2020 9:49 AM GMT
glentoby,

I fear you may be proved right there. I suspect a good few local authorities will step in and put a stop to things, similar to Doncaster's St Leger pilot meeting in September.

As it turned out, perhaps the Donny local authority may have been right but I do fear a few local authority 'jobsworths' will be out in force the next few months - but only after they have flouted guidelines over Xmas, of course.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 26, 2020 1:48 PM GMT
Spectators will be back on racecourses in England for the first time since March when the national lockdown ends on Wednesday after Ludlow, Lingfield, Kempton and Haydock were all placed under Tier 2 government coronavirus restrictions on Thursday.

The decision will enable up to 2,000 spectators or 50 per cent of maximum capacity, whichever is lower, to attend under measures outlined by the government last week.

No racecourses are in the Tier 1 areas of Cornwall, the Isle of Wight and the Isles of Scilly. The Tier 1 rules would enable up to 4,000 spectators to attend a fixture.

Racegoers have been shut out of courses since March 16, barring two spectator pilots at Doncaster and Warwick in September, with only owners able to attend the races when they have had runners since July.

The first major meeting to take place with spectators under the new tiered system will be the Betfair Tingle Creek fixture at Sandown on December 5. The International meeting at Cheltenham a week later will also be able to permit entrants before the government reviews the tiers on December 16.

Areas will be able to move up and down the tiers with factors such as case detection rate, how quickly cases are rising or falling, pressure on the NHS and positive cases in the general population all impacting on the decision.

Government guidance states that those who are Tier 3 areas should “avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary”.

Representatives from racecourses in Wales are set to take part in a meeting with Welsh government officials on Monday about the potential return of spectators, while the Scottish government has no plans to increase the figure of 300 attendees.

Announcing the new tiers on Thursday, health secretary Matt Hancock said: "We have looked at each of the tiers afresh and strengthened them. These decisions are not easy but they are necessary."
Report truehoncho November 26, 2020 2:10 PM GMT
Only his opinion btw but worth watching imvho before the trolls jump in\/ We are not trolls because we disagree with you. You are wrong and there will be spectators at tracks within 2 weeks (probably earlier). Thankfully the government realises we can't afford shut downs in ant industry any further. There will be nearly 3 million unemployed in the second quarter of next year (official figures and probably underestimated) and debt levels that are unheard of. No more died than a decent flu season and unfortunately if we don't get back racing (and other activities) this number will be added to by resultant poverty.
Report wondersobright November 26, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
can only be a good thing that spectators are returning to tracks but I would bet odds on this is revoked again at some point
Report The Knight November 26, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
wondersobright.

A fear of mine, as well. But it will only be one thing that does that. An increase in infections. Sadly, however, because the government has allowed Xmas to get in the way of common sense we may well see exactly that.

I voted for Tories because the alternatives were just unacceptable, but this government is trying to govern by looking at what they THINK people want rather than by doing the right thing.

By giving people what they think they want, the government is trying to court popularity. That is never the right way to govern. Never.

The right thing to do after all these months of hardship would have been to keep a lockdown in place until New Year, take the very, very sad and difficult economic consequences, and start to ease up once the vaccine was approved and underway. Some people would have squealed about Xmas but it is just one year, FFS.

This government is treating us like schoolchildren about certain things.

In the medium- to long-term we would all have been back to normal much quicker doing it the way I favour.
Report impossible123 November 26, 2020 3:09 PM GMT
Since lockdown my betting on horses has not been too successful. I think my selections run faster with crowd - they like people.
Report The Pies November 26, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
Knight I agree that it would have been sensible to not relax things at Xmas although I think the majority will not be going out on a limb with their 'freedoms'. Not a Tory voter but I think the current approach is about right although you can quibble at the margins. That said I don't work (very early retirement) so not adversely affected financially but am missing very simple pleasures such as once a week visit to pub, occasional trip to the races and running with the running club.

I think we'll be walking a tightrope keeping covid in check until the spring but at least the end is in sight and makes the sacrifices a little bit easier to put up with.
Report punts November 26, 2020 6:10 PM GMT
Anyone know if the jockey club have said anything about Aintree yet? The Bechers meeting is soon
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com