Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ProSniper
20 Nov 20 15:12
| Topic/replies: 6,510 | Blogger: ProSniper's blog
Pause Switch to Standard View "He's been carried out there"..
Show More
Report Gordon63 November 20, 2020 2:14 PM GMT
@Ascot

@RacingPost

@BHAStewards
so were the runners in the 2.05 supposed to jump on the outside of the last fence? certainly looked like it based on the position of the arrows - more chaos?
@SkySportsRacing
Report the old nanny ;-) November 20, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
Shocked
Report dukeofpuke November 20, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
Will be void race
Report duffy November 20, 2020 2:15 PM GMT
Exactly what I thought, i was scarambling tio back do it for the village in 4th hoping he'd jump it
Report ProSniper November 20, 2020 2:16 PM GMT
Laugh
Report devilsadvocate November 20, 2020 2:16 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 3:15PM, duffy wrote:

Exactly what I thought, i was scarambling tio back do it for the village in 4th hoping he'd jump it

Me too !

Report dave1357 November 20, 2020 2:17 PM GMT
all will be dq'd layers paradise Wink
Report dukeofpuke November 20, 2020 2:17 PM GMT
saw the arrows but fence wasnt dolled off
Report duffy November 20, 2020 2:17 PM GMT
I only managed to get 2 quid at 75's, looks like a few more had the same ideaLaugh
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:18 PM GMT
Weighed in
Report Alan.Partridge November 20, 2020 2:18 PM GMT
Looks like they've given it to Espoir De Guye
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:19 PM GMT
Weighed in already according to SportingLIfe
Report dukeofpuke November 20, 2020 2:19 PM GMT
Last fence bypassed on final circuit
2:05
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:19 PM GMT
Coral Handicap Chase
Class 2  |   2m 5f 8y  |   Soft (Good to Soft in places)  |   9 Runners  |   Turf
Off time: 14:05  |   Winning time: 5m 27.93s
Weighed In

Racecard
    Live Show
    Result

Cloth number
Horse silk
Espoir De Guye255
Age: 6|  Weight: 11-12  |  J: Charlie Deutsch |  T: Miss V Williams|  OR: 144|  CWS
5/2

Ex-French winner who has made rapid progress in 3 runs over fences last term for this yard, easily scoring at Ascot in the mud in December. Excuses at Cheltenham Festival final start.
|
Timeform
Horse silk
Red Risk34
Age: 5|  Weight: 11-12  |  J: H Cobden |  T: P F Nicholls|  OR: 144
7/2

€72,000 purchase after scoring at Auteuil. Failed to justify support on British debut in January but firmly back on up when winning at Ludlow following month. Shaped well at Market Rasen on return.
|
Timeform
Horse silk
Count Meribel300
Age: 8|  Weight: 11-10  |  J: M D Grant |  T: N A Twiston-Davies|  OR: 142|  C
13/2

Disappointed at Cheltenham when last seen in January but has a good record fresh and is back down in class here. Not taken lightly.
Report duffy November 20, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
They were meant to jump in but to avoid the embarrassment it's easy to let them off and say that they were supposed to miss it out.
Report ProSniper November 20, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Gordon63 November 20, 2020 2:20 PM GMT
Ascot (of all the courses!) won't want another BHA PR disaster!! but definitely looked to me as if they should have jumped the fence on outside - but you have to wonder why a little bit of damage to the fence warranted the markers, that also needs looking at
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:21 PM GMT
Nothing to see here folks, move along now please Laugh
Report duffy November 20, 2020 2:21 PM GMT
The Fontwell race was weighed in according to sporting life too.
Report CustomCut November 20, 2020 2:22 PM GMT
I've never seen one half of a fence omitted during a race.
Report Alan.Partridge November 20, 2020 2:22 PM GMT
Paid out on Espoir De Guye
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:23 PM GMT

Nov 20, 2020 -- 3:20PM, Gordon63 wrote:

Ascot (of all the courses!) won't want another BHA PR disaster!! but definitely looked to me as if they should have jumped the fence on outside - but you have to wonder why a little bit of damage to the fence warranted the markers, that also needs looking at

Could not have jumped it. If a horse jumped that part and birch got into the horses hooves...could cause real damage.

Report Gordon63 November 20, 2020 2:25 PM GMT
if that were true then no fences would be jumped on second circuit of Grand National??? the BHA and racecourse stewards etc continue to drive this game towards extinction, it's really not good enough
Report duffy November 20, 2020 2:25 PM GMT
If someone in behind was brave and jumped it they would have given the stewards a big problem as they would be forced to address it, by the looks of it they all missed it so it let's them off the hook.

I think the loose horse made their minds up for them, maybe someone up front may have jumped it if the loose one wasn't making it awkward.
Report CustomCut November 20, 2020 2:27 PM GMT
Checked flag means you don't jump the fence, right? Don't see how it would be ambiguous.
Report Gordon63 November 20, 2020 2:28 PM GMT
duffy - suspect in order of preference

a) BHA and Ascot determined NOT to have another PR disaster on top of the recent farces

b) none of the finishers jumped the fence, unlike the sole one (winner) which did at fontwell - therefore it would be void

c) aliens point ref safety - but if that's the new reality than jumps racing is one hoof closer to finishing
Report CustomCut November 20, 2020 2:31 PM GMT
If they jumped the fence outside of the arrows it would be far narrower than any fence I've ever seen jumped in a race. There's just no way they were intended to jump it.
Report Gordon63 November 20, 2020 2:32 PM GMT
custom - just watched replay again and you're right theres a chequered flag between the last two fences on the inside of the running rail, surely this chap should have been on the course and in the line of sight of the jockeys - pretty sure the procedures which should have been implemented after the Sandown fiasco have NOT been followed. jockeys did change direction independently of the loose horse so that's a red herring - suspect the authorities have got away with one here, an hour later in fading light and it very well could have been different outcome
Report CustomCut November 20, 2020 2:33 PM GMT
After Fontwell they might not want these guys running around on the track.
Report ALIEN SEX FIEND November 20, 2020 2:34 PM GMT
Gordon63 fair point about the way the game is going.

Feel a little bit for Ascot..............only in as much, when something goes wrong...it keeps happening. And the spotlight keeps falling on you. Like De Gea,
in football, never seemed to make a mistake....then if it could go wrong it would, some his fault, and some unlucky deflections.

Sooner 2020 ends the better.
Report dave1357 November 20, 2020 3:48 PM GMT
CustomCut • November 20, 2020 2:27 PM GMT
Checked flag means you don't jump the fence, right? Don't see how it would be ambiguous.

but the flagman should have stood in front of the fence like a stalwart, not behind the rail like a child waving a union jack at a royal wedding.
Report duffy November 20, 2020 4:01 PM GMT
Why have they not bothered to spread the dolling off boards out across the whole fenceConfused, they left have them huddled in one spot on the inside of the fence it seemed like
Report loper November 20, 2020 4:13 PM GMT
So many ready to give their clueless opinion on here.

Once an arrow is in a fence and a flag is waved then the fence is bypassed.

very simple.

Jockeys were aware as soon as they landed over the 2nd last.

People yet again fooled by incompetent racecourse commentary.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com