Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
clayfield1
16 Nov 20 12:54
| Topic/replies: 1,093 | Blogger: clayfield1's blog
Has anyone on here subscribed to Andy Gibson's The cheltenham trail, was just looking on his web site, seems a lot of money to try if it is no good if on the other hand I wouldn't mind paying if the info and the anti post bets were profitable.
Pause Switch to Standard View The cheltenham trail, Andy Gibson.
Show More
Report FELTFAIR November 16, 2020 12:29 PM GMT
Guesser.
Report GEORGE.B November 16, 2020 12:43 PM GMT
does he still get any gigs on RTV?

you can watch Ruby & Lydia's 'Road to Cheltenham' for *free

*as long as you're a RTV subscriber (or receive it via a dodgy satellite or card)
Report clayfield1 November 16, 2020 6:45 PM GMT
Thought some on here may have tried his service.
Report onlooker November 16, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
For Goodness Sake.

If all those 'Cheltenham Preview Nights' - with guest Trainers and Jockeys - then almost entirely turn out to be a total waste of time and hot air ... when the participants know practically all the ACTUAL runners ....

Then what chance this, from months and weeks in advance.

Cheltenham over-excitement gone overboard, in my book.
Report betting_masta November 16, 2020 7:40 PM GMT
absolutely no results on his website, and he wants £400+ up front, smells a bit fishy

i'd expect a tipster to at least promise some profit by showing results
Report G Hall November 16, 2020 8:00 PM GMT
There was a star sports series of interviews on youtube with him last year, come across as a really decent person, just does national hunt iirc, but definitely genuine guy, wouldn't know about his results but he is full time punter and only works about 7/8 months of the year I think.
Report kjansch November 16, 2020 8:11 PM GMT
this ^^
Report betting_masta November 16, 2020 8:43 PM GMT
if he's doing it full time then he's probably decent, only way you'll find out is by registering
Report G Hall November 16, 2020 8:49 PM GMT
All I know is what I seen on the star sports interviews people have to make their own minds up
Report onlooker November 16, 2020 9:00 PM GMT
My point is .... Just WHO the hell could know - especially more than others - months and weeks before the Festival ...

When the vast majority fall flat on their faces throughout the 4 ACTUAL DAYS of the Festival, anyway.

Witness how quiet it has gone on here, every year - on Thursday and Friday evenings ... after weeks of giddy anticipation and over-excitement

Never been able to justify the vastly over-rated fascination with the  Festival...
Report Ramruma November 16, 2020 9:26 PM GMT
@onlooker is right but in the same way as those who would conduct a profit and loss analysis of marriage.

I've not used Gibson; I've paid for another service and follow free podcasts. There is plenty of good information and analysis in Her Majesty's Racing Post. Tbh I do not follow the tips but enjoy the narrative, and it means I start in Festival week with a better picture of who runs where and why.

But from a cold, hard facts analysis, I've posted in previous years figures that showed most winners are available at better prices on the day than antepost, and without the risk or even likelihood of non-runners.
Report differentdrum November 16, 2020 9:50 PM GMT
Yes, but you wouldn't have the months of fun thinking you had got a great price.
Report Ramruma November 16, 2020 9:56 PM GMT
Of course. I've already placed a few.
Report punts November 17, 2020 12:06 PM GMT
Ramruma /differentdrum:

I am not an antepost punter but if you want free info then you should check out some of the more popular podcasts. For example:

https://twofromhome.wixsite.com/twofromhome

And of course, Emmet Kennedys  The Final Furlong (search for it)

I post well researched selections daily and don't ask for a penny but U  don't know what im backing until the morning before, sometimes the night before. I need to see market signals and judge value accordingly.

If you want an Antepost selection try Free Eagle for the Derby.  By Galileo it will definitely be his target. I assume he is going to run in trials early next year. Probably get a juicy price.  I have not backed him though as its not my sort of thing. He has just impressed me and made me a few quid as I've backed him for most of his runs.

Good luck!
Report punts November 17, 2020 12:09 PM GMT
Sorry, that should be Lone Eagle

He has really impressed me and I can see him winning a trial and then the price will collapse :)#
Report GAZO November 17, 2020 7:52 PM GMT
looks like he is doing a weekly write up on cheltenham prospects on the ATR webpage
Report FELTFAIR November 17, 2020 9:04 PM GMT
Personally I would suggest getting tips for free from Andy Holding on Oddschecker instead of forking out £400 which for me is daylight robbery.
Report jimnast November 17, 2020 9:14 PM GMT
what an interesting selection punts.
Report GEORGE.B November 17, 2020 9:17 PM GMT
I think along the lines of what Ramruma said regarding the 'narrative', may be a big part of it for people who may choose to subscribe, it might not just be about the tips, if Gibson is producing detailed analysis on contenders, which I think is what he does.
Report GEORGE.B November 17, 2020 9:23 PM GMT
like why people may pay to go to Cheltenham preview nights, I doubt they expect to be told what's going to win with the panel giving 5 different selections for each race, but such is the attraction of the meeting for many people, they like getting involved in the build up
Report G Hall November 18, 2020 12:26 PM GMT
A question actually, speaking about Andy Gibson, Andy Holding etc, are there many pro punters out there, people who actually derive their income solely from betting

I know Andy Holding supplements his income, but has at times been reliant on betting for his income, and said that he thinks he could again if he had to, but admits, that the other income provides a cushion and that is fair enough.
Report easylife November 18, 2020 12:37 PM GMT
The day's money horse on Oddschecker is worth a look.Had another winner yesterday.
Report loper November 18, 2020 12:45 PM GMT
Andy Gibson/Holding is so in touch with the game that he thinks Sam England is a man.
Report jimnast November 18, 2020 2:04 PM GMT
LaughLaugh
Report jimnast November 18, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
anyway what do you expect for £400 a time ?
Report ribero1 November 18, 2020 2:52 PM GMT
They're all at it,Timeform now have a Road to Cheltenham,started today by the looks,2 right nuggets,The Big Breakaway & Saint Roi!
Report GEORGE.B November 18, 2020 8:18 PM GMT
just one more sleep until Road To Cheltenham returns to RTV, got my notebook at the ready! Excited
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com