Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 1136 comments are related to the topic:
Biden at 1.06

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 1,136
By:
dave1357
When: 09 Nov 20 15:48

Nov 9, 2020 -- 10:35AM, layingisthewayforward wrote:

So why is the market still open Dave and why is there 300000 at 1.06 available?

because as betfair have patently ignored their own rules, winners don't trust them and are paying a premium to get their funds freed up.

By:
Brian
When: 09 Nov 20 15:50
Biden should be free money but would you want to risk serious money on Betfair's interpretation of any dispute. Bit like a Stewards Inquiry really.
By:
hulk23
When: 09 Nov 20 15:51
But subsequent to what? Where is the finishing post for fptp betting here?

Who will be elected to be the next President of the United States of America as a result of the 2020 presidential election?

finishing post was when Biden became "president elect".
By:
elise
When: 09 Nov 20 15:56
he's currently sticking a few more nails in dons bloated corpse
By:
hulk23
When: 09 Nov 20 15:56
winners don't trust them

winners stopped trusting them when they asked them who the mystery punter was that was laying Voler la Vedette.
By:
screaming from beneaththewaves
When: 09 Nov 20 16:13
Larabrown09 Nov 20 17:45Joined: 04 Jun 20 | Topic/replies: 241 | Blogger: Larabrown's blog
£570m wagered on the market so far. Betfair not in an enormous rush to settle.

Don't be daft. They'd be desperate to settle this and get those funds flowing and paying commission again.
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 16:14
It's why they keep settling horse-racing markets prematurely, even when there's obviously going to be an Enquiry.
By:
punts
When: 09 Nov 20 16:16
Recounts, lawsuits and audits.

Trump campaign will have multiple lawsuits filed by the end of the week.

That is why it isn't done yet...
By:
Richie_Burnett
When: 09 Nov 20 16:18
Put the £28.46 on Biden before they close it.
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 16:20
There's an argument that the finishing post isn't until 14 December, when the state legislatures have to count and certify the popular vote.

And of the 7 disputed states, 6 have a Republican majority in their legislatures.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11641
By:
Larabrown
When: 09 Nov 20 16:22
Screaming sounds a bit angry and is forever attacking people. Was America a bad result?
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 16:23
Already posted. Biden wins me £0.19.

Delighted with that result from betting on something I know bugger all about and care even less.
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 16:24
Put the £28.46 on Biden before they close it.

I'm holding out for the jackpot, Richie.
By:
Ramruma
When: 09 Nov 20 16:38
It might be a factor that Betfair has so many inter-related markets such as winning margin in vote percentages and electoral college votes among others, that cannot be settled until counts (and recounts) are finished.

None of these can affect the main result, which Betfair should have settled already, but it is possible they are worried about big layers with complex positions across markets.

But based on previous politics markets, it is probably just that Betfair does not understand what is going on.
By:
Larabrown
When: 09 Nov 20 16:46
Already posted. Biden wins me £0.19.

Delighted with that result from betting on something I know bugger all about and care even less.

You sound very shrewd as your CV19 observations confirmed.
By:
Larabrown
When: 09 Nov 20 16:54
I find I myself having huge respect for those who bet on things they know "bugger all about."
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 16:57
It's called a bit of fun, Lara. You should try it.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 09 Nov 20 17:12
I’m on Biden in the Popular Vote, and he is over 4 million in front ,and rising daily.
Surprised this market cannot be settled, but he-ho money in the bank.
Unfortunately it’s Bank of Betfair at the moment, and my funds are tied up.
By:
glentoby
When: 09 Nov 20 17:22
First time look for a few days and just to say BF have renegaded on what they told the Racing Post well before election day i.e they would settle the market on the most electoral votes if I recall correctly,I think it was Barry Orr.On that subject I stated there might be a delay from advice I had received,on an earlier thread?
By:
dr . atkins
When: 09 Nov 20 17:32
harris next president 370t1
By:
Wesdag
When: 09 Nov 20 17:33
Crazy
By:
stewarty b
When: 09 Nov 20 17:35
Betfair should be settling this market, when they're not. After all, it's in their interests to settle it asap and get those funds flowing again.)

I doubt very much if there's much funds to get flowing again. It was a trader's market. 50 million at the most and probably less given a good few will have traded out for a loss.
By:
stewarty b
When: 09 Nov 20 17:39
* That should actually read it was and still is a trader's market.
By:
glentoby
When: 09 Nov 20 17:46
Spot on stew,it is a market of dipping in and out and Barry Orr forgot to mention the volume was because of it,free publicity.Hope you are well,threw a poppy for you btw and 300 euro so far to go to RBL.Happy
By:
stewarty b
When: 09 Nov 20 18:04
Good show Toby. Had a few thoughts of my own yesterday. I trust you are well.
By:
glentoby
When: 09 Nov 20 18:12
I wish I knew stew,as well as I can be in the circumstances,a lot more worse off tbh.
By:
glentoby
When: 09 Nov 20 18:46
Strange or predictable that screamingbeneathhisduvet has abandoned his covid rants? WARAC imvho?
By:
When: 09 Nov 20 21:32
By:
carrot1960
When: 10 Nov 20 01:01
Now 1.10 and drifting as Trump goes from around 16.00 back into 11.00 as news of AG Barr investing  substantial allegations of millions of early  digital votes/ ballots being switched from Trump to Biden , cant wait to see who gets to wear an Orange jump suit instead of buying a new outfit for the Inauguration
By:
carrot1960
When: 10 Nov 20 01:07
Now 10.00 and still dropping
By:
carrot1960
When: 10 Nov 20 01:23
Trump now into 8.00 Biden out to 1.14
By:
driver2
When: 10 Nov 20 06:25
No doubt Betfair have a very healthy deposit account with their banks and I would imagine imagine that half a million of our English pounds would be earning them somewhere in the region of £5k per day. Why would they be in a hurry to settle the market, as until they do the money works for them!
By:
dave1357
When: 10 Nov 20 07:00
driver2 - if you weren't utterly potless, you would know that interest rates are just about zero everywhere and not the ~300%pa that you think.
By:
Brian
When: 10 Nov 20 07:21
Carrot

He is basically telling prosecutors to only look at substantial allegations and not hearsay/rumour/gut feelings. He is not saying there are substantial allegations.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 10 Nov 20 07:26
Trump now into 8.00 Biden out to 1.14

Possibly the best (back) 1.14 this year
By:
carrot1960
When: 10 Nov 20 10:44
That remains to be seen  Andrew , but given that Biden has supposed  to have already won it's  strange that he's still 1.1 this morning after another 10 million was  matched on him on here since 3am

likewise Barr is not asking anyone to look at anything  Brian , he has actually stated that he  asked the DOJ to persue " substantial allegations" a big difference  , which makes yesterday's resignation of   

the head of DOJ election crimes unit Richard Pilger's decision to resign after being asked to do his job / look into the " substantial allegations" look very suspect
By:
hulk23
When: 10 Nov 20 10:53
desperado calling on every favour due to him from his mates in high places.  donald needs to learn how to accept defeat graciously & walk away.
By:
dave1357
When: 10 Nov 20 10:55
carrot as has been stated above, barr hasn't said there are any substantial allegations - he said that only substantial allegations should be investigated.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 10 Nov 20 11:03
Carrot

I have some decent amounts invested in this market and i have no plans to trade again.

It's all hot air blown by a Trump windbag Wink
By:
brigust1
When: 10 Nov 20 11:28
I think too many people on here are led by the media. Trump received 70 million votes and I don't think they are all idiots. In fact if it was a straight fight between Trump and Biden, Trump won by miles. Biden only won because of those who didn't vote Trump, there is a big difference. And I win a nice bit if Biden wins.
Page 2 of 29  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 29 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com