Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
31 Oct 20 11:15
| Topic/replies: 10,892 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
U are a right pain,u are.
Show More
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:10 PM GMT
It's a deadly, deadly, fast spreading and devastating disease - unless you are a teacher of small children (that would otherwise need babysitting by their parents). In which case it's totally ok apparently.
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:13 PM GMT
I'm not and never have been a teacher - but imagine if you were.......

You can't have your mother over for dinner on Sunday - but on Monday we want to lock you in a small room with 32 little blighters for 8 hours LaughCry
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 5:16 PM GMT
Fraudy was a teacher so interesting to hear his opinion TM? What say you Martyn?
Report shady69 October 31, 2020 5:17 PM GMT
They can't even be on time for their own press conference ...Cry
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 5:17 PM GMT
BTW presumably he would love the prospect of being locked up with the little blighters,the form book never lies.
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:18 PM GMT
Dick & Dom probably still flipping a coin as to what constitutes "essential".
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:21 PM GMT
Hot dogs are essential if served with onions? Pizza is essential if served with coleslaw? - Couldn't run a bath without checking first with the 1922 committee, the Daily Mail and the Express and two dozen focus groups.
Report saddo October 31, 2020 5:25 PM GMT
Whatever they decide countless people like you will pick at it, they can't do right whatever they do.
Report truehoncho October 31, 2020 5:29 PM GMT
Another idiotic thread initiated by someone revelling in peoples deaths so they can get themselves a little attention. As if the OP cared about anything other than her/himself.
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:30 PM GMT
I think it's a really tricky situation Saddo - I really don't envy them - but whatever camp you are in (and there are clearly at least two!) - what is required is leadership, consistency and decisiveness. Not seen any of those yet! Cry
Report The Management October 31, 2020 5:33 PM GMT
If you're a lockdown believer - we are weeks too late (again) - if you're a non believer - then what the feck are they doing it for at all?

Like I said - whatever you believe - you can only ask for strong leadership, consistency and decisions. CryCry
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 5:33 PM GMT
Again,hard to disagree with truehoncho,hence the questions I have posed to him th.That said the previous supporters of "Normality" are notable by their absence? i.e the vocal participants in favour of herd immunity etc?
Report saddo October 31, 2020 5:43 PM GMT
It will die away when enough people have had it and it has nowhere to go. No reason to think otherwise.
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 5:50 PM GMT
It will not saddo,if my wife is right and what I posted months ago.She is a biologist tbf not a virologist but what she stated was that non of the Corona family provide long term immunity after infection,that is proven fact.The second point was the movement of people,she stated that is the only transmition method and the only method to suppress the virus i.e stop the movement of people,almost impossible but without confinement there will be no end without a vaccine.

Even worse,if the virus mutates then even a vaccine will only slow it without no movement.
Report saddo October 31, 2020 5:56 PM GMT
You'd know better than I, but sooner or later those under siege are usually starved out. We cannot hide for ever, that is a fact.
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 6:01 PM GMT
Again saddo,cannot argue,its an almost impossible puzzle.I have advocated all along that common sense is the best approach across the world and bollox to the science being spouted,the scientists have completely ignored historical facts.
Report truehoncho October 31, 2020 6:03 PM GMT
I have never mentioned herd immunity as a resolution, most people don't know what it means. Its a pharmaceutical company terminology which for many years they claim (rightly or wrongly) that they need to get a certain percentage of the population immunised to create 'herd immunity'. The final point you made has always been obvious to me, if there is no gained immunity whats the point of waiting for a vaccine?? All a vaccine does is give you immunity. My point has always been that the money we are wasting on lockdowns etc, should be used to financially support the vulnerable through things like social services that have been neglected for years. My other point has been that this is no more harmful than flu and the figures bare me out. Every year flu kills tens of thousands and this may well do as well. What I am certainly not interested in is people like the OP having an agenda for attention seeking at any cost.
Report truehoncho October 31, 2020 6:08 PM GMT
Sorry that should have said 'all vaccines do is give you antibodies'
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 6:10 PM GMT
No argument from me truehoncho and was not being a critic of your opinions nor any one else tbh,just commented originally to prompt Martyn to respond and see how keen he was to defend his thread given his own record of attention seeking when facts pertinent to himself were made clear.
Report stratfordman October 31, 2020 6:25 PM GMT
Still waiting for the blubbering marxist buffoon
Report stridingedge October 31, 2020 6:29 PM GMT
Any idea on sport implications yet?
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 6:47 PM GMT
Hi striding,no idea about UK yet but given the record of Horse Racing,it would be a shock if it were suspended imo.In fact if the wider community had been so strict and sensible (Worldwide btw) we might all be in a better position than we are now.Hats off to the whole industry in UK and Ireland.
Report Larabrown October 31, 2020 6:58 PM GMT
Honestly, just look at all these charts and facts and data from experts who have devoted their lives to medicine and the welfare of others.

What they should do, of course, is read the forum. A few male OAPS on a betting forum have clearly got just what it takes to sort things out.
Report elise October 31, 2020 7:02 PM GMT
has there been a chart on how many male forumites have become female having contracted covid?
Report punts October 31, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
Professional sport exempt
Report 11kv October 31, 2020 7:11 PM GMT
Oh no Fraudy gonna have to stay in it's bedsit for a month all alone.

Ooh no wait a minute that's what it does anyway...
Report punts October 31, 2020 7:12 PM GMT
Furlough scheme extended through November
Report The Management October 31, 2020 7:13 PM GMT
If he means: Professional Sport - Horse Racing is ok
If he means Professionally Run Sport - Horse Racing is fecked
Report hulk23 October 31, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
no bookies for a month unless you're in jockland ...
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 7:18 PM GMT
A reasonable response Lara but what should they actually do with child molesting,covid spreaders in your opinion? After all one child molester infected with the virus may pass it to one child,that child may then pass it on to other adults e.g parents and teachers?

Then the reverse,a covid free molester contracting from an innocent child and then passing it to his perverted inner circle and the innocent child doing similar to parents,friends and family et al?

What about Law Enforcement doing what they should be doing instead of threatening and arresting all those culpible?
Report punts October 31, 2020 7:21 PM GMT
mfordy will get 80% pay to annoy the forum for a month
Report saddo October 31, 2020 7:22 PM GMT
You'd have loved a word with our music teacher glen, look up Holy Trinity paedo ring Huddersfield. He went to jail and no kid at our school was ever interviewed by Police.
Report tinytuco October 31, 2020 7:22 PM GMT
Glentoby - that is the most irrelevent, pathetic repost I have ever seen on these forums.

And you are competing against extremely stiff competition, from a wide array of elaborate f**ktardery.
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
Explain yourself tinytuco? I am 100% certain it is relevant and pertinent,if you disagree please expand on your vitriol?
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 7:28 PM GMT
BTW 100% it is also recognised as such by the majority here and elsewhere?
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 7:31 PM GMT
LADY ELEYSIA..............maybe?WinkWink
Report tinytuco October 31, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
Child molesting covid spreaders?

Why not widen the umbrella? Let's be more inclusive.

For the sake of being thorough of course.

And judging by the fact you brought "child molesters" into a covid argument, you like being thorough.

Don't you?
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
I like to be VERY thorough,that is why I was so good at putting deviants behind bars and continue despite age and illness.What is your objection here in those terms? Do you not get the gist or are you one of the "Inner Circle" mentioned?
Report leif October 31, 2020 7:41 PM GMT
So is he resuscitating the furlough scheme (circa 80 per cent of salary) that ends today and at the same time abandoning its twin Job Support scheme (circa 66 per cent of salary that is supposedly starting tomorrow?
Report metro john October 31, 2020 7:48 PM GMT
QE will be needed by the end next week's trading. They need and want more, it will continue indefinitely, until the currency collapses.
Report elise October 31, 2020 7:48 PM GMT
scheme 1 ends , scheme 2 starts, 3 days later scheme 1 restarts, scheme 2 ends, keep up man
Report tinytuco October 31, 2020 7:49 PM GMT
I think you are using obscure and exaggerative responses to try and justify your obviously combative point of view.

Par for the forum tbh.

I shouldn't of expected more.

Carry on.
Report metro john October 31, 2020 7:49 PM GMT
^ just guessing.
Report 11kv October 31, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
Bog rolls anyone ? (Chavs got a lock up)
Report elise October 31, 2020 7:51 PM GMT
of course, some businesses may not got to scheme 1 and may implement and continue scheme 2,on the assumption they can operate reduced hours and pay a proportion of staff wages, but they will find with everyone else locked down they will need to go to scheme 1/3 because scheme 2 is pointless, just for clarity
Report punts October 31, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
leif: 80% through Nov AFAIK
Report OilyWragg October 31, 2020 7:54 PM GMT
ffs, where's Tiger Tiger when he's needed.
Report punts October 31, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
If you need a haircut better go Monday... they're all closing again!
Report elise October 31, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
irony is a dying art imo
Report elise October 31, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
not if they do take away haircuts
Report chipbutty October 31, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
Mobile barbers, good idea, it's just a case of whether or not they can drive and style at the same time? Women are good at multi tasking, I might set the missus up in business.
Report s.kenbo October 31, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
Do I have to go to work on Monday!?
Report chipbutty October 31, 2020 8:05 PM GMT
Yes Kenbo, the food shelves will still need stacking.
Report s.kenbo October 31, 2020 8:06 PM GMT
I do trolley duty on a Monday!
Report sageform October 31, 2020 8:08 PM GMT
I assume that racing will be off from Wednesday?
Report salmon spray October 31, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
Bozo specifically said football would go on so no reason why racing won't.
Report STATSMAN October 31, 2020 8:11 PM GMT
Racing is on
Report s.kenbo October 31, 2020 8:12 PM GMT
Priorities please, Sageform. I’m trying to find out if I can sit at home all day and get paid for it, yet you seem more interested in whether racing will take place or not!
Report elise October 31, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
dordn'y start til thurs ken but in your case they prob won't miss you
Report elise October 31, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
doesn't
Report sageform October 31, 2020 8:16 PM GMT
I can just see the headlines over the pictures of people on racecourses when everyone else is banned from talking to their neighbour. I hope it does continue but the public reaction could force a change of plan.
Report s.kenbo October 31, 2020 8:17 PM GMT
I’ve always liked you, Elise. Fcuk knows why! Grin
Report elise October 31, 2020 8:18 PM GMT
lol, stay safe
Report metro john October 31, 2020 8:18 PM GMT

Oct 31, 2020 -- 10:11PM, STATSMAN wrote:

Racing is on

That I would have thought would look ridiculous, especially with household restrictions but you never know for sure?

Report salmon spray October 31, 2020 8:20 PM GMT
Racing is safer than football surely ?
Report STATSMAN October 31, 2020 8:26 PM GMT
It may look ridiculous, but it's true
Report leif October 31, 2020 8:34 PM GMT
Elise, Itchy Nutsak says he has a new and updated wage support scheme whereby he is about to announce a new rate which doesn't quite match the 80 per cent but will do better than the paltry 66.666666666666666666666 per cent rate.

Boris just about to load the golf balls numbered 67-79 into the disused washing machine drum, and Gollum Cummings will pick one out in due course.
Report EastLower Gooner October 31, 2020 8:40 PM GMT
Can’t wait....made a fortune during the first lockdown pimping my hoes out at 4x the normal rate + travel costs.

Just in time for Christmas.

Thanks Boris...
Report glentoby October 31, 2020 8:40 PM GMT
I just wish that you all stay safe and that sometime in the future we can all meet up in happier circumstances,ask Skinto btw,I am real,not a monster despite my employment?
Report The Management October 31, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
From the Racing Post

Prime minister Boris Johnson last night announced a second national lockdown for England from Thursday until December 2, including the closure of all betting shops, but racing will be allowed to continue.

Oliver Dowden, the minister with responsibility for sport, confirmed that travel to a place of work will be permitted if it is not possible to work from home, which will include elite sport played behind closed doors.

Last night the BHA issued a statement on the announcement: "The horseracing industry has worked hard to maintain the safety of our participants and the communities in which we live and work. We have done all we can to play our part and will continue to do so under the new restrictions.
Report stratfordman October 31, 2020 8:55 PM GMT
The bumbling buffoon made no mention about the UK's shopkeepers...
Report Ibrahima Sonko October 31, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
The pub near me has been closed since march then the landlord purchased the empty unit next to his pub and spent a lot of money turning into a bar, opened last week and now this. Poor fecker....
Report hulk23 October 31, 2020 9:14 PM GMT
spent a lot of money turning into a bar

.. needs to see a psychiatrist
Report therhino October 31, 2020 9:18 PM GMT
Good luck England. Melburnian here, we just came out of a 16 week lockdown and still have some restrictions for a couple more weeks. 16 weeks was horrible but we're through the worst of it and case numbers are in single digits each day in my state.

Eat well, get your exercise and don't consume too much media. Learn to switch off. Do whatever you can to get something positive out of it, I threw myself into exercise and am in my best shape since I don't know when so some good came from it.

All the best.
Report jimnast October 31, 2020 9:20 PM GMT
thank you rhino dont consume too much media seems very good advice.
Report elise October 31, 2020 9:21 PM GMT
leif, sounds like danny dyer and the wall, they should do it
Report hulk23 October 31, 2020 9:23 PM GMT
numbers are typically low when coming out of a lockdown, or you wouldn't come out of it.  then they start to rocket again, seems a short-term solution.
Report GEORGE.B October 31, 2020 9:24 PM GMT
Nigel Farage
@Nigel_Farage
On November 5th Boris is blowing up our economy, our liberty and his own legacy.
Report therhino October 31, 2020 9:26 PM GMT
It really is Jim. I found the more media i took in regardless of whether it lent left or right, the angrier and more depressed I got. Find a good show to watch, re-watch some old ones if you can't. Watch some classic movies you've never seen. Cook some dishes you've never tried before. Anything to make it a positive.

If you watch news and read twitter all day and night it will be extremely hazardous to your mental health.
Report elise October 31, 2020 9:27 PM GMT
he's a half wit, i don't think his legacy is going to be affected
Report jimnast October 31, 2020 9:33 PM GMT
thankfully rhino we have the racing on which will take up most of my days ,however i do like to have a dabble with the cooking.
Report truehoncho November 1, 2020 10:44 AM GMT
numbers are typically low when coming out of a lockdown, or you wouldn't come out of it.  then they start to rocket again, seems a short-term solution. --- 100% agree hulk. Another 16 weeks in 6 months?
Report shiny new shoes please November 1, 2020 11:56 PM GMT
Pneumonia kills every year
The mortality rate is roughly the same!
But u don't get those numbers
U can't hide forever.
Accept it move on
Or lockdown 1106 .
Builders\teachers\kids\telecom\sports players\gov.people\shop\warehouse\meat plants..ect..
Must b immune if u accept what there saying.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:21 AM GMT
Clueless numpties.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:23 AM GMT

Oct 31, 2020 -- 11:24PM, GEORGE.B wrote:

Nigel Farage@Nigel_FarageOn November 5th Boris is blowing up our economy, our liberty and his own legacy.

Farage is a selfish c u n t, another what can I get out of this piece of s hi t.

Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:24 AM GMT
Like the majority of the commons on both side of the house.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:28 AM GMT
These people are so much up Americas ass, they will soon want to make selling weapons legal in this country to the public, they the Gun makers are the scum or poison of the world, every time someone is shot and killed, we should see the Brand of Gun used and where it was made, expose these apostles of death, vermin of the world.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:39 AM GMT
They don't do that do they expose the Makers of the weapons, why is that FEAR?  or do they profit? The press does nothing, so are you telling me that not one journalist ever thought about exposing the Sick Gun lords?? Why not? because it is not a free press.  COWARDS
Report metro john November 2, 2020 8:50 AM GMT
Why so many Guns in Movies??? because it is advertising for the s c u m.  Disgusting lowest of the low .
Report metro john November 2, 2020 9:32 AM GMT
Today Juliann Assange is locked up behind bars for penning an alternative view? Those that make profit from selling weapons that have killed walk free under the shield of capitalist laws, make of that what you will.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 9:49 AM GMT
Smith & Wesson Logo New.png
Type    Public
Traded as    NASDAQ: SWBI
Industry    Manufacturing
Founded    1856; 164 years ago
Founders    Horace Smith
Daniel B. Wesson
Headquarters    Springfield, Massachusetts, [United States]
Key people    Mark P. Smith, President & CEO
Products    Firearms and ammunition
Revenue    Increase US$678.39 million (2020)
Operating income    Decrease −US$48.819 million (2020)
Net income    Decrease −US$61.230 million (2020)
Total assets    Decrease US$728.961 million (2020)
Total equity    Decrease US$387.118 million (2020)
Number of employees    2,204 (2017)[1]
Website    Smith-Wesson.com
Smith & Wesson (S&W) Brands, Inc. is an American manufacturer of firearms, ammunition and restraints. The corporate headquarters is in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 9:53 AM GMT
How many deaths are accountable to the brands????????????????????
Report metro john November 2, 2020 9:56 AM GMT
Should we have a lockdown why they arrest these few CEOs and close them down? That would be so nice! and the very core of the disease treated very quickly.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 10:02 AM GMT
Shall we name the shareholders? some big names amongst them methinks.
Report metro john November 2, 2020 10:07 AM GMT
Should we arrest them and keep them in prison for years without a guilty verdict? Should Trump be arrested for assassination?
Report metro john November 2, 2020 10:10 AM GMT
How many orders from the British Government for weapons since the second world war?? How these morons have the gumption to stand around a cenotaph is beyond me.
Report elise November 2, 2020 10:22 AM GMT
take a pill
Report ericster November 2, 2020 10:26 AM GMT

Nov 1, 2020 -- 11:44AM, truehoncho wrote:

numbers are typically low when coming out of a lockdown, or you wouldn't come out of it.

Report ericster November 2, 2020 10:30 AM GMT
IMVHO, lockdowns only slow the virus down but it DOES  make it more manageable for the nhs.
Would be better to shield the old and the vulnerable and let the rest get on with their lives I reckon.
But then, what do I know? Plain
Report shiny new shoes please November 2, 2020 6:54 PM GMT
It's official
Central statistics office is force to release release data.
Under freedom of info act.
789 extra deaths compared to go last 5 years.
People's job,houses,ect.. Gone for this!
Jokers.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com