Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sixtwosix
22 Oct 20 11:59
| Topic/replies: 19,884 | Blogger: sixtwosix's blog
in GB and Ireland.

Are the people in charge of this sport in cloud cuckoo land ?

It is like a Bank Holiday , rather than a working day for many.

Saturation level stupidity.
Pause Switch to Standard View Seven race meetings today
Show More
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2020 11:15 AM BST
sixtwosix, as I said on the other thread, GB and Ire should not be bracketed together. Ireland is an independent racing nation, with its own racing fixture list and finances to worry about, and the UK likewise.

Irish racing contributes nothing to the UK levy and vice versa.

Using the example I gave, people wouldn't say 'there are 7 meetings in the UK and Sweden today', yet they do with Ireland as though the two countries are one and the same. They are as independent of one another as America and Australia are of each other.
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2020 11:35 AM BST
Prior to the Irish racing getting widespread coverage on ATR, how much coverage did it get in the UK? My memory of it is next to none, if any. You might have got the odd card in the paper if all the British racing was all called off.
Report sixtwosix October 22, 2020 11:45 AM BST
It is independent ....but the Post has 7 meetings with form in it ......because punters back in GB and Ireland as one .
Report ItsMeSwaddle October 22, 2020 11:56 AM BST
Said this before and been eaten alive on here. We dont need 7 meetings, nobody does unless your an addict. A race every 10 mins is plenty.

Agree with the above, should be some collaboration with Ireland...

I think 3 afternoon and an evening meeting is plenty.

Surprised if there no is crowds they havent stuck a morning meeting on?
Report GEORGE.B October 22, 2020 12:14 PM BST
If the Irish and UK racing authorities ever decide to merge because they think it's mutually beneficial to do so, then people may wish to bracket them together and question their fixture planning, but as things stand, Ireland is a foreign and independent country with its own racing programme, just like Japan and Germany.

Prior to ATR coming along and showing the Irish racing, the vast majority of British punters I'd imagine would have been oblivious to what was on in Ireland.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 22, 2020 12:20 PM BST
Im watching the cycling

2 races
Giro and Vuelta

Just more entertaining

Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com