Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Oct 20 19:41
| Topic/replies: 29,010 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Tomorrow I would be heading to Thurles if times were normal that is, her good self waving me off with a drive carefully and remember you don't own the road. Cup of tea on board and some Classical music to sooth the brain , the usual decision on weather to continue on the main road or divert down to Abbeyleix and rejoin the motor way from there. Arriving in the car park and getting a friendly wave from Paul the gate man as I enter the track, walking the usually flooded walkway while dodging the holes in the ground. First thing you look for as you enter is your mate usually standing in the first stand , gloves and scarf and hat all come into focus as he waves in our direction the same smile on his face as the first day you met the Englishman . Ready for battle is his usual cry , as ready as I can be you reply before both head off for something to eat . Cards and fancies compared ,jockey changes noted along with the going ,the froth from his coffee mingling with his thick English accent . Yes the runners start going to post and another day of racing is about to start...
Pause Switch to Standard View Nostalgia ...
Show More
Report olddesperado October 21, 2020 10:06 PM BST
Nostalgia is ok workrider but it's not a patch on what it used to be.
Report workrider October 22, 2020 12:31 PM BST
Laugh Olddesperado....
Report stewarts rise October 22, 2020 12:57 PM BST
Didn't know you'd been racing with Onlooker?
Report workrider October 22, 2020 1:28 PM BST
Naw Stewarts , he arrived on these shores about 10 years ago to have a look but loved it so much hes stayed...Onlooker only pays the odd visit it seems...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com