Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
02 Oct 20 20:13
| Topic/replies: 13,244 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
Embarrassing to think he is a professional.
Pause Switch to Standard View Isn't It About Time They Found A...
Show More
Report Jimbo71 October 2, 2020 10:27 PM BST
The flapper, awful jockey
Report ptlish October 2, 2020 11:05 PM BST
Who says you have to look good, he gets plenty of winners so it works for him. You get jockeys who like to pose when perhaps they should be pushing to win the race. I`ve done some riding over the years and have been told many times to put my heels down by bossy horsey girls but if I can ride and stay on with my heels up or level what does it matter. There are different ways to achieve the same goal.
Report hulk23 October 2, 2020 11:10 PM BST
don't imagine luke gets too many xmas cards from the animal welfare brigade ...
Report Movewiththetimes October 2, 2020 11:15 PM BST
I used to think how bad he was but now come to the conclusion that Sir Mark taught him to ride like that so the handicapper thought the horse was struggling and would only put them up 3lbs, done it so many times he can't break the mould now LaughLaughLaugh
Report ptlish October 2, 2020 11:28 PM BST
Its not bad its just a different style that's all, Pat Eddery was not stylish but was effective, Fallon had his own style with reins flapping about, Richard Hughes spent most of his career posing and under achieving  then only getting it together for the last part of his career.
Report Arklearkle October 3, 2020 11:52 AM BST
Tbf he didn't do much wrong on El Savaje at Chelmsford on Thursday evening. Most other jockeys would have given up on
long before the finish. Gets plenty of winners which is most impotant. Style is down the list
Report giggitygiggity October 3, 2020 12:23 PM BST
Whatever happened to the rule about lifting your arm above shoulder height when whipping or have I just imagined that?? I remember around the first Champions day at Ascot 9 years ago they changed the jockey rules and everyone was getting banned. Along with the number of times you could hit the horse I'm sure they said you couldn't lift your arm above shoulder height. Obviously I've doubted myself about whether I actually heard the rules correctly and whether I have been going insane all these years every time I watch Morris bash fcuk out of his horse. Is that actually a rule or not because I literally think about it every time I see him and nobody has ever mentioned it..or do I have dementia?
Report loper October 3, 2020 12:42 PM BST
It only applies to jockeys not cowboys.
Report stewarts rise October 3, 2020 1:07 PM BST
Thought he was doing a very good impression of a combine harvester on a horse yesterday, looked dreadful with so many strokes coming from way above shoulder height
Report Mat22 October 3, 2020 1:26 PM BST
Fa*K Animal welfare Brigade! They are racehorses! meant to be whipped to get the best out of the animal!
I like Luke not pretty agree but he can get one in when he has to!
Report truehoncho October 3, 2020 4:33 PM BST
Luke is a good professional jockey. If you fancy yours on the all weather there is no better man to get on it. You know he will try as the previous poster said they are not pets.
Report wondersobright October 3, 2020 4:36 PM BST

Oct 3, 2020 -- 7:07AM, stewarts rise wrote:

Thought he was doing a very good impression of a combine harvester on a horse yesterday, looked dreadful with so many strokes coming from way above shoulder height

they had the audacity to ban another jockey for that the other day, looked half as bad as morris

Report wondersobright October 3, 2020 4:36 PM BST
muscutt iirc
Report truehoncho October 3, 2020 4:45 PM BST
well if they are not going to reprimand him he should keep doing it. Play to the ref.
Report YDNA_got_it_right_now October 3, 2020 4:46 PM BST
The carpet beater
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com