Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Macintoshmatty
21 Sep 20 16:47
| Topic/replies: 1,439 | Blogger: Macintoshmatty's blog
Just to see if lightening can strike twice after Saturday results

530 I backed Althumama Line  last night at 10s, bad draw to overcome . Also did Ita Cabo which has  drifted, hope the jockey don't think its 2 circuits!
600 small bet on Comeatchoo for Holly, seems to be coming back to a bit of form, ( horse not Holly)
730 I like Glowing for Gold, finishes well so smaller field should help
800 I like Mystic Dragon here, it drifted this morning but see its coming back in again. I've done a saver on Estate House even though it seems to have a funny head carriage when asked so we'll see what happens

good luck if you play
Pause Switch to Standard View wolves tonight
Show More
Report punts September 21, 2020 4:59 PM BST
RE: The Novice race.  I'll probably be with Gosden's (by Frankel) mainly because I dont like the trainer of the fav.

G/L
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 5:20 PM BST
Know what you mean Punts, but I like the tie in with Final Thought / Indigo Girl form line
I wish the trainers were the other way round but then I'd probably be looking at evens

good luck with yours anyway, Frankie gave up on it last time when he knew it wasn't winning
Report Whippin Piccadilly September 21, 2020 5:28 PM BST
Fans of The Cult will be having one bet at Wolves tonight.....class song! Cool
Report StillLearning September 21, 2020 5:34 PM BST
I fancy them, had a game already so will be fitter, bit of a bogey side for City,  I'm on at 8
gl
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 7:34 PM BST
well done Punts
Report punts September 21, 2020 7:35 PM BST
Was close Matty but Gosden's prevails Cool
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 7:39 PM BST
thought I had it but yours kept on well.
Not even sure if mine had got a better run round the last bend it would have won cos yours just kept pulling it out
Gosden everyones fav trainer as well
Report wondersobright September 21, 2020 7:40 PM BST
dawson sitting cold off a slack pace giving the outside to nobody, loop & swoop on the turn & then weaker than havlin in the finish...he's for the clueless only I'm afraid
Report wondersobright September 21, 2020 7:40 PM BST
swap the rides on the fav & 2nd fav then the fav wins mac
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 7:56 PM BST
thought he tried to get a position early but couldn't get one so then had to take back or run too wide early

Game of opinions
Report tanglefoot September 21, 2020 7:57 PM BST
Eaglesglen 8.00,first time handicap,up in distance.
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 7:59 PM BST
Mystic Dragon to rescue my night!
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 8:01 PM BST
mystic in the wrong stall, muppets
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 8:05 PM BST
Going to bed to lick my wounds!
Report MayoMan September 21, 2020 8:05 PM BST
Fanshawe must be pulling his hair out - first Doyler then Muscatt gets caught on the rail both times
Report carrot1960 September 21, 2020 8:10 PM BST
Mystic Dragon down 2.5 furlongs in distance needing a stronger pace and Costello drops it out last off a slow pace ,race over never stood a chance.
Report tanglefoot September 21, 2020 8:25 PM BST
Liam’s Lass,nothing wrong with this one,expect good run.
Report Macintoshmatty September 21, 2020 8:29 PM BST
mystic dipped at the start I thought. Whether that was the horse or costello trying to anticipate the start I don't know
Then out the back and no chance off a slow pace, I know it didn't seem to get a run at the finish but I don't think it was staying on like I thought it would
Watching brief I think
Report carrot1960 September 21, 2020 8:49 PM BST
Costello to busy looking at the starter and dropped his hands , then decides to strangle the horse out of the race then due to his poor position he needed to take another pull as they turned in , holding the horse up so far off the pace is not working yet they keep persevering with the tactics , crazy.
Report GEORGE.B September 21, 2020 10:02 PM BST
Regarding the Dawson ride on Glowing For Gold, my analysis of it is this and I wouldn't be as harsh:

He was drawn on the outer and he's jumped looking to get into a tracking position, and when he wasn't able to, he's had the choice between being caught quite wide into the bend, or taking back and getting cover. I think he did the right thing.

In contrast, Havlin was drawn 2 and he's able to get a nice position tracking on the rail. So the draw has played a part.

Three out Havlin was definitely travelling the better, and Dawson on the home bend, conscious not to let Havlin get first run on him, makes a move but as he does so, Rossa Ryan moves out forcing Dawson wide on the turn in.

He still had his chance, but Havlin's mount, who had 5lb in hand on adjusted ORs, and that was before factoring in any improvement for the surface and step up in trip, was always holding him.

So in conclusion, it didn't go Dawson's way, but the draw played a part, and he was slightly unlucky on the home bend as a rival moved out just as he was making his move.
Report GEORGE.B September 21, 2020 10:09 PM BST
* It was actually Havlin who caused Rossa Ryan out wide as he moved off the rail and that had a knock on effect.

Ray Dawson, the rider of GLOWING FOR GOLD, placed second, was suspended for 6 days for using his whip above the permitted level from approximately 1 ¼ furlongs out and in the incorrect place on the run to the line.
Report Macintoshmatty September 22, 2020 7:54 PM BST
been out all day so just saw Georges reply but that's exactly as I read it too
I just didn't put it so eloquently

Didn't notice him looking at the starter carrot but that would explain the crap start
Costello gave one I backed a terrible ride a while back, can't remember the horse

stay safe
Report wondersobright September 22, 2020 8:05 PM BST
quite frankly if you think being drawn 7/7 over 9.5f where the stalls are at the top of the straight can excuse a jockey being wide on all the bends & being held up in a steadily run race, like he's some unfortunate victim of circumstances, then a job in the racing media surely awaits
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com