Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 Sep 20 15:55
| Topic/replies: 29,010 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Surely a good sign for the future , how long now before ordinary punters are allowed back on track...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 14
By:
onlooker
When: 21 Sep 20 16:49
Sorry - workrider - But I simply cannot grasp your 'Logic' - or, rather - lack of it.

Just how can - " the crowd are enjoying themselves at Warwick." ... who may all then consequently come down with coronavirus in the next 10 days - be ........ "a good sign for the future"
By:
workrider
When: 21 Sep 20 19:59
Onlooker , are you taking the mickey, you know well enough what I meant. As the horses passed the winning post several people were inside spaced out and seemed to just be glad to be on a racetrack. Nothing sinister in that now is there...
By:
onlooker
When: 21 Sep 20 21:38
My interpretation of what you 'meant' - is as my response.... regarding - "a good sign for the future." - and - "how long now before ordinary punters are allowed back on track."

Following your reply - I am no wiser as to what you - "well enough mean."  ........... other than the ABOVE.
By:
differentdrum
When: 21 Sep 20 21:43
How many people watching on the television are having their enjoyment diminished by the lack of crowds? It must be close to zero.

A few people at Warwick are not going to frame government policy, and rightly so.
By:
sixtwosix
When: 21 Sep 20 22:08
Lack of fans at racing is not a problem for me.
The race is short time wise and you are often concentrating on your selection.
I don't even notice the lack of a crowd.

Whereas football is a soulless spectacle , that I will not be watching any more of until crowds return.
By:
workrider
When: 21 Sep 20 22:34
Onlooker have it your own way, I am just saying its good to see people on track again end of...
By:
workrider
When: 21 Sep 20 22:45
It seems several trainers also enjoyed having a bit of a crowd in Warwick today, Onlooker will not be pleased with that...
By:
TheAnorak
When: 22 Sep 20 09:36
Workrider,

The people you saw on the inside of the track at Warwick were nothing to do with the crowd trial. They were in the caravan park that Warwick operate all year round on the infield, hence the row of carefully spaced motor caravans visible behind them.
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Sep 20 09:41
I wondered about that Anorak,cheers.
By:
dustybin
When: 22 Sep 20 09:46
The fire of staged returning of fans on 1st Oct has been p1ssed out, if anything more restrictions are ahead not fewer.

Racing without fans seems no real difference....football is awful, like a diet of dry bread.
By:
ribero1
When: 22 Sep 20 09:52
Racing with no fans obviously ok on here but when tracks start closing,owners disappear etc others then may think differently.
By:
penzance
When: 22 Sep 20 10:24
all sport needs crowds.
Don't know what people think of it,
imagine the darts at crimbo,with no
crowd.They make it the spectacle it is.
By:
GAZO
When: 22 Sep 20 10:38
and most of them dont even know they are at the darts
By: