Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Larabrown
21 Sep 20 07:03
| Topic/replies: 171 | Blogger: Larabrown's blog
It`s time to clamp down hard on the cranks, lunatics and social misfits who are prolonging the epidemic through their selfish ignorance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Boris @ 11.00am
Show More
Report flukes September 21, 2020 7:37 AM BST
Does that include yourself glentoby?
Report saddo September 21, 2020 9:04 AM BST
The selfish  are those who, because of their own fear, demand all others give up their freedom and way of life. If you don't want to catch it, isolate yourself.
Report saddo September 21, 2020 9:05 AM BST
And before someone rolls out the gran or sick relative line, isolate them as well.
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 9:17 AM BST
I say carry on as normal and work alongside this virus...I had it back in January and spent a few Day's in Hospital and i kicked it's arse.Plain
Report sparrow September 21, 2020 9:25 AM BST
No acey, people on here will just say you had a bad cold.
Report sofiakenny September 21, 2020 9:34 AM BST
January???
Report GLASGOWCALLING September 21, 2020 9:42 AM BST
Wrong Forum Muppet. !!
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 10:18 AM BST
Yes January, it was about long before March....This was no Flu it had me on my knees trying to get air into my lungs....Never been so ill in my whole Life took me about two months to get over it completely.
Report chavman September 21, 2020 10:18 AM BST
Bit of a touch really acey,few days off work and all that..
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 10:20 AM BST
Well there was that chav.Grin
Report saddo September 21, 2020 10:25 AM BST
sparrow 21 Sep 20 09:25 
No acey, people on here will just say you had a bad cold.

Most would probably say that he had covid and then cracked on without making a song and dance of it. I believe I had it in February and still have a bad chest, that's life.
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 10:30 AM BST
The best thing is nobody else in my house showed any signs of it and were all perfectly healthy, that is why i think this isolation thing is a load of b0llax.
Report hulk23 September 21, 2020 10:33 AM BST
do you know how you got it ?
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 10:36 AM BST
I did have a Chinese Take Away about a Week before Hulk but apart from that no i dont.Grin
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 10:44 AM BST
It is going to be the most boring science lesson we have ever had .

These people had Boris's ear from March and we are in the same spot now.
They have failed  miserably and their Plan B .....let's do Plan A again.

I live in area  of the most severe lockdown ..... and 6 months in do not know one person who has had the virus.

Send them back to the lab working on a vaccine , and stop listening to only one section of the scientific world.
Report acey deucy September 21, 2020 10:50 AM BST
I agree with that completely six.
Report Larabrown September 21, 2020 11:00 AM BST
Fortunately the gravity of the situation is not coordinated by those who spend their time on a betting forum.

Let us hope that even the cranks will listen to the facts.
Report differentdrum September 21, 2020 11:10 AM BST
At least if they read the forum they can get a better understanding of what they are up against.

Basically, we are a country who doesn't being told what to do, irrespective of the facts.

The idea that you have to know someone who has had Covid to appreciate that 45,000 have died is frankly bonkers.
Report differentdrum September 21, 2020 11:11 AM BST
^ doesn't like
Report Larabrown September 21, 2020 11:12 AM BST
It is quite terrifylingly stupid. These people must be stopped.
Report elise September 21, 2020 11:15 AM BST
considering you spent some time correcting other forum users on their spelling and grammar, you seem to be on the slide lara
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 11:17 AM BST
The idea that you have to know someone who has had Covid to appreciate that 45,000 have died is frankly bonkers.

If my town is locked down because it has a lot of cases would you not expect it be commonplace ?

45,000 dead..... at least half in care homes .....they are not their because of being in good health .
Report big aitch September 21, 2020 11:17 AM BST
I'm not sure anyone is disclosing the real facts, both for and against these measures seem to be manipulating the facts to suit their agenda.

I was all for these rules when things first seemed very serious but I think the risks are not as terrifying as the "Experts" are saying.

I don't want to spend years with these restrictions in place, going around wearing masks that do nothing. We have just restarted our exercise classes and have to wear a mask when not exercising and stand on a spot in a 3 metre marked out square, fking nonsense.
Report dave1357 September 21, 2020 11:19 AM BST

Sep 21, 2020 -- 7:37AM, flukes wrote:

I suspect you couldn't be more wrong

Report steerforth September 21, 2020 11:32 AM BST
I move..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54228649
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 11:37 AM BST
They offered nothing we don't know.
Lockdown the rate slows , let the public out and they go up .......they really should be talking to infant school children.

Might be , possibly , probably ....... fence sitting drivel.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk September 21, 2020 11:41 AM BST
Missed it. Was Boris stern enough to give LaraBrown a hardon?
Report elise September 21, 2020 11:41 AM BST
it's not fence sitting, it's preparation of the masses for what will be announced in the coming days/weeks, they don't feel that the majority will take it in so now you'll have the media running this for the rest of the week so boris can deliver a "you heard about this last monday from the experts"
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 11:43 AM BST
I was referring to the rubbish spouted on a vaccine. They have no idea if they will ever have one. It was just to cheer people up that cancel Christmas and your present will be here in the new  year.
Report stridingedge September 21, 2020 11:44 AM BST
The question they need to address is 'why can't we protect the most vulnerable?'

Lockdowns are complete b0ll0x they just push the problem away for a while whilst wrecking just about everything else in society.
Report elise September 21, 2020 11:45 AM BST
although i may be wrong, it could be lara delivering the message rather than boris if she can fit it in between washing the kids school uniform and perfecting her carrot cake recipe
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 11:46 AM BST
Only a scientist would use the cold term 'unnecessary links between households'........ doubt the mental health experts would agree.
Report saddo September 21, 2020 12:01 PM BST
dave1357 21 Sep 20 11:19 
Sep 21, 2020 -- 7:37AM, flukes wrote:

I suspect you couldn't be more wrong.

Indeed not, welcome back mfraudy
Report Larabrown September 21, 2020 12:03 PM BST
The ground has been set out very clearly even for those who find things most difficult to comprehend.

The next stage will need to be hard-line and protracted - it will anger and embitter the very people who have created the second wave and they need to be punished and criminalised for the sake of society as a whole.
Report saddo September 21, 2020 12:05 PM BST
Teachers are shlt scared and don't want to work, lazy people.
Report stridingedge September 21, 2020 12:09 PM BST
The undisputed facts are that the virus is serious to a clear minority of the population.

Locking down the population does not make the virus go away as we can see clearly now all lockdown achieves is a temporary reprieve whilst fcuking up the economy, peoples mental health and life in general.

The no brainer is to divert every resource to protect the vulnerable and make them appreciate this has to be the only way forward for the good of everyone.

Blaming youngsters for a second wave is ludicrous and divisive.
Report Larabrown September 21, 2020 12:17 PM BST
Teacher will in no way be affected, this has been made clear.
Report elise September 21, 2020 12:17 PM BST
how do you find the time lara, all day on a betting forum, remarkable?
Report sparrow September 21, 2020 12:18 PM BST
I was wondering how all of you find the time day after day week after week.
Report elise September 21, 2020 12:23 PM BST
i can only speak for myself and lara sparrow, but we're male and betting near full time on betfair
Report saddo September 21, 2020 12:49 PM BST
And I never dare go out in case I am hit by lightening or a meteorite.  Scared
Report sixtwosix September 21, 2020 1:15 PM BST
Teachers are shlt scared and don't want to work, lazy people.

Would you perchance be a retired individual ?

My daughter is a teacher .
She was sent home after 3 days because 1 child had the virus.
The head teacher ignored the staff requests not to have the children start in their own year and move to the next year two days later.
This led to teachers in two classes having to isolate for a fortnight.

My daughter having had 6 months of not teaching was very distraught at having stay at home for another 2 weeks and not teach her class......
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com