Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Management
13 Sep 20 11:54
| Topic/replies: 3,235 | Blogger: The Management's blog
The sole thread for fish based puns, filthy Each Way bets, Plaice only bets, and Each Way Multiples.

Today I will mostly be backing Segla (13:35 Bath) each way at 11/4 (current price) as all the 10/3 and 3/1 has gone. Not at all convinced he will win but the Fav has a few question marks (imo) and very happy with 1.55+ for the Plaice element of the bet. Would maybe have liked to have made it the banker selection in some Each Way doubles with a few shorter priced ones in earlier races to get some (win) money "running-on" and maybe recoup the win steaks - but there are no (relevant) earlier races and the dead eight runners in Segla's race is also a worry. So just the one Each Way Single for me at 11/4.  Hopefully the thread will win a few squid. May Cod be with you.
Pause Switch to Standard View This Plaice is Filthy!
Show More
Report jonmh. October 12, 2020 5:23 PM BST
Very well done skip !! And a very wise move to swerve today TM.
Report The Management October 12, 2020 5:26 PM BST
The more I looked at Segla - the less I liked it! - but I got a bit fortunate to keep it out of the frame (I think I owe the jockey on your horse a pint!).

2020-10-12
17:19    213729925822    2020-10-12
17:10    GB / Wind 12th Oct/ 17:10 TO BE PLACED / Segla
Lay       
    2020-10-12
17:19    213729687600    2020-10-12
17:06    GB / Wind 12th Oct/ 17:10 TO BE PLACED / Segla
Lay
Report The Management October 12, 2020 6:02 PM BST
On balance - happy to have had a "day off" from the Filthy EW's - but well done on the Irish Bumper winner Jon.

Catch up tomorrow.
Report jonmh. October 12, 2020 6:08 PM BST
Cheers TM. Off for a pint.  After the two days I need several.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 13, 2020 5:46 AM BST
two pretty obvious one today .....Kailash 1-55 Cork........Battle of Benburb 2-50 Punchestown......guessing to much on the ground in England atm.......
Report jonmh. October 13, 2020 11:42 AM BST
I was interested in Perfect Myth 12.00 Hunt but would need a bit of a drift form where it is at the min.
12.30 Hunt at the prices it's min stake on Panic attack.
2.50 Punch I'll be with Schoalatic again but will need all 8 to go.
4.00 Punch Looks like Valentina Lady but I can't say i'm that wild about it. Maybe min stake.
7.45 Newcastle I'll probably back Boma Green which got no run in a handicap last time.

And one distinctly unfilthy one Forbidden Secret 4.25 Wolves.

Good luck however you play on the day.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 13, 2020 4:51 PM BST
Boma green???
Report jonmh. October 13, 2020 6:01 PM BST
Yep i'm on it skip.  Got stopped in it's run last time. Hopefully has a bit more luck tonight.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 14, 2020 5:15 AM BST
Lord Apparelli looks pretty obvious today........his bumper form could hardly of worked out any better and he might just have a bit too much toe for Like A Honeybee ,who looks a real grinder.......
Report jonmh. October 14, 2020 10:26 AM BST
Morning skip Agree with Lord Apparelli i've taken 5/2 early doors.
Report The Management October 14, 2020 10:44 AM BST
Morning guys - missing in action yesterday due to agreeing to help a friend out for a "few hours" (which turned into about 12 hours!)
Prior to being shanghaid  - I had a shortlist pretty much identical to you guys yesterday - never got as far as finalising it but from the list - absolutely everything would have Plaiced and absolutely nothing would have won!

Interested in quite a few EW'S today in non-handicaps - but agree totally that the 15:00 Wetherby (Lord Apparelli) is the only one that's vaguely filthy. Will bet it as an EW single. GL.
Report jonmh. October 14, 2020 4:39 PM BST
Oh well roll on tomorrow
Report The Management October 14, 2020 6:36 PM BST
Yep - a very disappointing run from (Lord Apparelli) the sole EW selection of the day - finishing unplaiced.

Daily Thread Bet Total: - 2.00
Running Thread Bet Total: -2.68
Report The Management October 15, 2020 11:37 AM BST
Lots of potential action on the Polytrack today - I am considering the 14:00, 15:10 & 15:45 at Ling (fish pun!), plus the 17:30 & 18:00 at Chelmsford - all 2nd favs at time of writing. GL
Report sofiakenny October 15, 2020 12:07 PM BST
Standing by..awaiting further instruction.Cool
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 12:51 PM BST
I've done the 2.00 and 3.10 so far
Report The Management October 15, 2020 1:59 PM BST
Done the Vino Victrix in the 14:00 at 9/4 (reluctantly - seems a bit skinny!).
Report The Management October 15, 2020 3:08 PM BST
Not so sure about this First Lott (15:10) giving weight away - considered greening out - but the Handicaps have been very kind to me so far and the betting shape says Yes.

On at slightly better than 5/2.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 3:15 PM BST
Grim  Cry - at least The Circus went 2/1 in running - would have packed the game up if that had won!
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 3:23 PM BST
I'd rather be last than 4th.  Anyway i'm on this 3.45 as well.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 3:36 PM BST
Me too Jon - but let's give it a chance and pretend that I'm not!
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 4:07 PM BST
Well Iv'e now gone and backed Headingly in the 5.30.  It's 5/2 from 11/8 this morning so i'm obviously in the minority.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 5:26 PM BST
I'm with ya Jon - and also chucked some shrapnel at Discomatic (win) but nothing to do with the thread.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 5:39 PM BST
I'm gonna wait for the weigh-in Jon! ShockedLaughLaughLaugh

But Yeehah! - One for the good guys.
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 5:41 PM BST
Yep it's been a while coming TM !!
6.00 next. one ew or both?
Report The Management October 15, 2020 5:44 PM BST
Started out thinking Fabrizio (open to more improvement?) but the more I looked at it - started thinking Fundamental Shocked

Looks like a two-bet to be honest imo
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 5:48 PM BST
Agree.  I'm on both.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 6:01 PM BST
Nice flip-flop on their betting - pretty much got top price on both. Just need one to win now!
Report jonmh. October 15, 2020 6:06 PM BST
Nice end to the day TM !!
Report sofiakenny October 15, 2020 6:07 PM BST
wd chaps.Happy
Report The Management October 15, 2020 6:09 PM BST
Yes - a little bit of traction on the thread P&L too (at last!).

Nice to have one where it was never ever in doubt too. Cheers Jon. Catch up tomorrow.
Report The Management October 15, 2020 7:19 PM BST
Another slow start - but a pleasing day eventually. Todays Filthy Each Way Thread bets:

14:00 Vino Victrix        2nd 9/4  =  -0.55
15:10 First Lott          upl 7/4  =  -2.00 (still not quite sure how this finished out of the frame in 4th!)
15:45 Eastern Delight     2nd 7/2  =  -0.30
17:30 Headingley          1st 3/1  =  +3.60
18:00 Fundamental         1st 9/4  =  +2.70
18:00 Fabrizio            2nd 3/1  =  -0.40

I have probably diddled myself out of more than a point by using Industry SP to settle these bets (to avoid accusations of after-timing) - but several of the selections were absolutely friendless in the market and bigger (in some cases - much bigger) prices were available both with the books and also in the EW market on here. For example via books and here combined I averaged 3.65 Fundamental (settled at ISP 9/4), 5.25 Eastern Delight (settled at ISP 7/2), I averaged 3.65 First Lott (7/4 ISP but unplaced anyway) etc, etc - I might in future claim for the price that I obtained because the price obtained is crucial to P&L - but as I say I have today settled them all at Industry SP.

Daily Total: + 3.05
Thread Running Total: + 0.37
Report The Management October 16, 2020 11:34 AM BST
A lot of races looked to have some potential at a glance last night but it doesn't look so great on closer inspection this morning imo.

Looked at the 12:20, 12:50, 13:30, 15:35, 16:10 and 18:00 and have talked myself out of most of them. Still possibly interested in the 15:35 and 18:00 depending on how the prices/markets shape up, otherwise it will be a quiet day for me on the Filthy front. GL
Report The Management October 16, 2020 3:34 PM BST
Swerved the 15:35 completely.
Report The Management October 16, 2020 3:43 PM BST
Laugh How predictable was that? - absolutely hosed up! Whoops

But it would have been a bit of a stretch to describe it as a Filthy Each-Way.
Report The Management October 16, 2020 5:59 PM BST
Swerved the 18:00 Newcastle. So nothing filthy for me today.
Report The Management October 16, 2020 6:06 PM BST
Works every time - wins by a street - but market not on my side. GL all.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 17, 2020 9:46 AM BST
Sorry i"ve been missing for a few days ....been travelling collecting my money from the shops before they close again ....still managed to do my money on first lott and Imperial Icon (terrible bet )........today is  hard really hard and i was looking at the first at Stratford ,but i don"t think you could trust The Bull Mccabe .......going to wait "til the last race of the day 8-30 Wolves Aim For The Stars....
Report The Management October 17, 2020 10:55 AM BST
Ah, "Champions" Day - it always reminds me of the first day of the Cheltenham festival - reams of press coverage and analysis for the top races and I'm busy studying replays for a minor hurdle race at Sedgefield or hoping that all 8 run in the Class 5 Novice Stakes at Southwell.LoveLaughLaugh

Agree with you Skip - the 20:30 at Wolver has the strongest possibilities today but with 10 hours to go, will see how things develop.

Also looked at 12:43, 13:13, 14:25 and 15:05. From those, I think the 14:25 looks to have some potential but I suspect I will probably swerve all of those races and watch developments at Wolverhampton. GL
Report jonmh. October 17, 2020 12:30 PM BST
Yep it's the wolves race for me and i'm not too struck on that either.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 17, 2020 4:05 PM BST
popped into Paddy Powers this morning ............money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the favourite in the 8-30 Wolves .......seems a good offer....
Report The Management October 17, 2020 6:45 PM BST
I spent a day in one of their shops that was doing a similar (but not quite that generous an) offer once Skip Love. There was a stake limit but surprisingly the chosen meeting that day had three semi-filthy races on it. Shocked Makes it tough to lose.

I have now done Aim For The Stars EW in the 20:30 at Wolverhampton (it drifted nicely!) and am in the process of also doing Satono Japan in the same race. GL.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 17, 2020 7:30 PM BST
£20 is the limit,,,,,
Report The Management October 17, 2020 8:37 PM BST
Laugh - enjoyed that!
Report 37+73 October 17, 2020 8:42 PM BST
Well done fellas      well worth the wait...TARTAR for now
Report The Management October 18, 2020 11:40 AM BST
Cheers 37+73 - and fish puns are always most appreciated.

Just the 13:25 at Naas and the 14:15 at Sedgefield with any potential today (imo).

13:25 Naas: I would like to oppose the fav (Coulthard) at its tissue price with something EW but it looks like I'm not the only one! - He is (at time of writing) trading at 2.80 versus a RP tissue price (last night of 2/5)! Yulong De Legend looks the most obvious EW choice but there is very little (evidence) to go on and only the market to guide on some interesting lurkers & FTO's. I think I will probably swerve the race but happy meanwhile to see how the market develops (at current trend Coulthard might soon become Each-Wayable!).

14:15 Sedg: Lovely betting shape, 8 runners (hopefully!) and very short priced fav. But nothing evidential to go from a NH perspective (imo). I have swerved other races due to unknowns about FTO's, so think it makes sense to swerve this one. GL.
Report The Management October 18, 2020 12:14 PM BST
I have a bit of a dilemma about settling the 20:30 at Wolver last night for the purposes of the daily/running thread bet P&L.

I'm happy to admit that I didn't anticipate the massive late support for the Crisfords horse (Approach The City) and consequently the pretty huge drift on both of my filthy EW selections. So in all honesty the initial prices that I secured (mostly on here) were significantly below their (massive!) SP's of 13/2 (Aim for the Stars) and 5/1 (Satono Japan). So I feel a bit guilty about claiming ISP - but on the flip side, the more they drifted the more I upped my stakes - to the extent that I ended up pretty much double staked on both of them (actually slightly more on the winner). As such (and given that anyone not taking a price at all or getting BOG would have secured the unexpectedly generous SP's) - I am going to settle at ISP for the purposes of the thread P&L as I believe that to be fair. Yesterdays thread bets were:

20:30 Wolves: Aim For The Stars 1st at 13/2 = + 7.80
20:30 Wolves: Satono Japan      3rd at 5/1 = 0.00

Daily Thread Bet Total: +7.80
Running Thread Bet Total: + 8.18
Report The Management October 18, 2020 1:17 PM BST
I'm going to swerve the 13:25 Naas - Coulthard has become each-wayable Shocked but appears to require a leg count! - To be fair I like to lay horses with Coulthards profile (highly rated from ok runs in much higher class races but thus far unable to reproduce it in lesser races). Plenty money for the Bolger and Lyons FTO'ers but I don't really have an angle (apart from the market) for splitting any of the next three in the betting. Swerved.
Report The Management October 18, 2020 2:29 PM BST
The Filthy Each Way option wins the 14:15 at Sedgefield at 9/2 with the 4/9f finishing just out of the frame! ShockedShockedWhoops-

But I can't be getting involved (EW) in races where the market or betting shape are the SOLE indicator (imo). I hope some of you braver or more cavalier Filthy Thieves had a go. That's me till tomorrow. GL
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 19, 2020 8:45 AM BST
not much today the first race at Plumpton looks attractive ,but is a fair bit more competitive than it appears at first glance ,so i will leave that alone .....the 4-35 at Gowran is of interest because the fav is unraced ........Lady Dahlia looks bound to go well as does La Joya..........However the most interesting race of the day for me is the 8-30 at Wolves , which looks a match between 2 VERY well regarded horses........tempted to back both of them and let the magic of B-O-G do its thing......be interesting to see how the market develops....
Report The Management October 19, 2020 10:08 AM BST
Good Morning Skip (and Jon) - plus any other "Filthy Lurkers"!

Looks ok to me for a few possibilities today:

12:45 Pont: Only 7 runners but the 3 place market might be worth a look if/when BF put it up! The Fav looks plenty solid enough but always interested in races where a 2yo odds-on fav is conceding weight on soft ground. Probably not a Filthy EW thread bet but worth monitoring imo.
14:10 Plum: Agree with you this could be more competitive than the betting/tissue implies - but may still be interested in the Nicholls runner (Hugos Other Horse) all the same - getting weight from the fav, on "good" ground and dropping back in trip - will monitor.
16:35 Gowran: Looked at it again (since you mentioned it) but still just looks a bit too Irish and a bit too competitive (imo).
19:00 Wolv: Country Charm looks like she could be an EW bet to nothing - gets weight from Charlie Fellowes who hardly looks progressive (maybe transformed by cheek pieces LTO? but not sure that he beat anything much? - as something maybe amiss with Pivoting?). Will monitor prices and obviously any NR's as dead-eight. But Country Charm looks a likely EW imo
20:30: Wolv: Agree - something Filthy needs to be done with this race!! Torn between your approach (backing both EW) especially if able to time a flip-flop - but also considering the Stoute horse (ew at a price or Plaice only) getting weight - if able to forgive LTO? - undecided atm.

A potentially interesting day. GL all.
Report jonmh. October 19, 2020 10:48 AM BST
Morning all. Strange weekend for me, over indulgence in the pub on Saturday afternoon saw me miss Aim for the stars but I did manage to back the one at sedgy yesterday.

Agree with all of the above.  Good luck today.
Report jonmh. October 19, 2020 11:58 AM BST
I've just taken what was available ew on here (£28) on Country Charm at 3.45.  Will keep an eye on the market.
Report The Management October 19, 2020 12:44 PM BST
Fair enough Jon - eliminates the worry about a NR.

I have now swerved this 12:45 Ponty for thread bet purposes - can't quite accept the prices available for only 7 runners.
Report The Management October 19, 2020 12:50 PM BST
Laugh - that's very annoying - would have got away with a "two-bet" even with just the 7 runners!
Report The Management October 19, 2020 2:04 PM BST
14:10 Plumpton: Hugo's Other Horse - I missed the 6.60 available on the EW market here when I first posted today (at 10:08am)! - Whoops it was a decent chunk available but went completely unmatched (it was then cancelled prior to the support arriving after the initial massive drift) but the whole £2.50 matched at 6.20 in the EW market is mine! BlushCryLaugh In total I am now on EW at an average price of just above 4/1 (5.10) for half steaks.

Wouldn't be surprised if it drifts again to a bigger price or if it shortens again - but either way - I'm gonna stick to half-steaks.
Report The Management October 19, 2020 2:24 PM BST
I can live with that (a total loss - but only to half steaks) - still smarting at the +7.88 pts missed out on by not thread betting the two-bet in the 12:45 at Pontefract. On to the proper racing on the Tapeta Love this evening. GL.
Report 37+73 October 19, 2020 4:37 PM BST
I will TUNA in to the 8.30 Wolves to CATCH the fanSHORE (sea)horse rainbird HOOK 3rd PLAICE (if not BATTER than that)...It got squashed like a SARDINE last time, costing it several lengths,finishing behind Sat Wolves 8.30 (Tait trained) winner !!!!!!! Gets weight from the top 3 (hope 1 of them has a CARP day), and I think it has improvment in it (big GREYLING oss), with 1st time Visor fitted.....Just think it`s the value of the race and maybe able to R..EEL them in?  sTROUTe`s maybe forgiven it`s last run because it was CAST wide, used up too much energy early on, and was TACKLE LING a longer distance on a slow ChelmsFORD,so the 1st 4 market maybe my PORT of call later. Good Luck all.
Report The Management October 19, 2020 5:21 PM BST
Good Evening 37+73! - top fish-punstering imo! Grin

I am still contemplating how best to tackle the 20:30 Wolves race.

Meanwhile I have gone and had a two-bet on the 19:00 at Wolves though - full skate EW (at 11/4) on Country Charm and half-skate EW (at 5/1) on Tamigi. Shocked
Report 37+73 October 19, 2020 6:43 PM BST
Don`t like the 7pm at all TM, but having studied the replays for the 8.30 I think the top 2 ran in arguably worse races than Saturdays 8.30 Wolves (formLINE), giving rainbird a R...EEL chance of getting a PLAICE.Hope it doesn`t FLOUNDER and SKATE`s in. It has TRIGGER(fish)ed win/PLAICE (3+4) bets
Report The Management October 19, 2020 6:50 PM BST
Thinking I might skip the 20:30 altogether due to indecision - not a lot of mileage or upside in backing both the front two EW, Fancy Dollar bid as a potential ew bet to nothing but can't really see it winning Confused
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 19, 2020 7:01 PM BST
yes thought one might drift to a backable price .......but no sign of that happening yet.......
Report The Management October 19, 2020 7:51 PM BST
Screwed up the 19:00 - not just with the additional selection (Tamigi) but also the prices on both of the selections!

Apparently my unpaid chauffeuring skills are now required - so I'm gonna swerve the 20:30. GL to all my Filthy friends if you play.
Report 37+73 October 19, 2020 9:12 PM BST
Got a run for my money....small profit on it....3rd would have been nice, but it`s better than losing !!!! Tomorrow is another DACE !!
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 20, 2020 5:50 AM BST
Sovereign Duke 1-40 Exeter ..........no brainer for me today
Report jonmh. October 20, 2020 10:44 AM BST
Morning all.  Agree on Sov Duke skip and i'm on at 6/1. There's not much else that I can see other than the shape of the 5.05 at Kemp (11/10, 2/1 11s bar). I'd be interested in Night Narcissus if there's a drift. Good luck.
Report The Management October 20, 2020 11:58 AM BST
Morning guys - I have done Sovereign Duke ew at 11/2 (13:40 Exeter).

Looked at the 17:05 AT Kempton as the betting is a nice shape but I agree with you Jon (Night Narcissus) - and wouldn't really want to do the Hills horse which will probably be the filthy ew option on the maths.

Looked at a couple of races in Ireland (13:20 Fairy & 15:50 Tipp) but they aren't for me. GL all.

P&L from yesterday to follow (emphasis on the L) Whoops
Report The Management October 20, 2020 12:16 PM BST
Yesterdays Filthy Thread bets were:

14:10 Plum: Hugo's Other Horse - EW to Half-Stakes - unplaced at 3/1 ISP (backed at 4/1) = -1.00
19:00 Wolv: Country Charm - EW - 2nd at 7/2 ISP (backed at 11/4) = -0.45
19:00 Wolv: Tamigi - EW to Half-Stakes - unplaced at 11/2 ISP (backed at 5/1) - -1.00

Daily Thread Bet Total: -2.45
Running Thread Bet Total: + 5.72
Report The Management October 20, 2020 1:52 PM BST
I know it cuts both ways and levels out (good and bad fortune) - but we got away with one there - which was nice.
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 11:39 AM BST
115 her
2.00 font
5.45 kemp
6.45 kemp

I don't fancy much in any of them but to be honest my opinion seems to be more of a hindrance lately.  Horses that I would traditionally fancy on recent form etc are running like drains whilst others I wouldn't usually touch with a ten foot barge poll are going in (FTO at sedgy the other day, 3.50 at tipp yesterday to name but two of many) .

I might just play the numbers pre race to small stakes today and let the dice roll.
Report The Management October 21, 2020 12:24 PM BST
Hi Jon - i am always interested in your opinion.

If feel the same as you atm - the races with just a nice shape are producing the winners and I have been swerving most of those or at least swerving them as thread bets.

The problem (imo) is that true "classic" filth is pretty damn rare these days (imo) - I always think if you have to look at a race for more than about 30 seconds, then it's not classic filth. That just leaves us playing in dirty races most of the time (imo).

I believe I still have a decent edge playing in just slightly dirty races - i.e. just choosing which odds-on favs to bet ew against - but it can be a bit of a rollercoaster. On a high, we can dodge all the non-placer races and bet all the winners but when in a dip we sometimes play in all the non-placer races and swerve all the winners. I feel like I've been in a dip pretty much since starting this thread but I take heart that it shows a small profit even knowing that it has been an absolutely rotten 6 weeks.

Still looking at today - but wanted to get that of my chest Laugh
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 12:36 PM BST
Totally agree TM.  They should leap off the page and no too many are at the min.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 21, 2020 1:04 PM BST
dangled my maggot at a couple at Hereford today Mick Mona in the first Young Buck in the 2-25
Report The Management October 21, 2020 1:04 PM BST
Currently thinking of swerving the 13:15 Hereford, 14:00 Fontwell, 14:25 Hereford and 17:45 at Kempton - and maintaining an interest in the markets of just the 18:15 and 18:45 at Kempton this evening.

Yesterdays Thread bet:

13:40 Exeter: Sovereign Duke - EW - 3rd at 11/2 ISP (Backed at 11/2) = +0.10

Daily Thread Bet Total: +0.10
Running Thread Bet Total: + 5.82
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 1:23 PM BST
I was with you on Mick Mona skip.  Backed the third as well so no harm done.
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 1:50 PM BST
I've had a small stake ew on Rookie Trainer 2.00 font
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 2:08 PM BST
I got very lucky there.  Reminded me of Jimmy Jimmy a few weeks ago.
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:10 PM BST
Very Well done Jon Grin

Just to underline my rant from earlier - when looking at the 14:00 (at the time assuming the fav would be odds-on) I had it down as an EW two-bet (Van Meegren & Rookie Trainer). That pretty much sums up my last 6 weeks on the filthy front! - still no damage done here and a nice winner for you. Cool
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:13 PM BST
It cuts both ways Jon - take it when it is going your way - it will even out - and it sucks when it goes the other way!Wink
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 2:16 PM BST
Certainly does TM.  Had another daft little ew on Ones are Wild 2.20 Gow.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 21, 2020 2:17 PM BST
was considering Van Meegeran......really hope was ok .......
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:19 PM BST
Didn't look great Skip - ironically the (huge imo) price put me off!

It went out way yesterday with Sovereign Duke to be fair.

GL all.
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:24 PM BST
Cool - Nice one Jon.
Report bullraider October 21, 2020 2:32 PM BST
young buck!
a win at last!
good thread btw
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:33 PM BST
And another one! - whatever happens - it looks like you picked the right day to go for them all Jon. ShockedGrinGrinLaugh
Report The Management October 21, 2020 2:36 PM BST
Or was that Skip actually (Young Buck) - too much action for me to keep up today imo Happy

Cheers Bullraider and welcome to the thread.
Report bullraider October 21, 2020 5:15 PM BST
Thanks tm for the welcome
This forum has lost it's legs recently but the  strategy of placing appeals to me as so often i miss the main target.
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 5:32 PM BST
The next three at Kempton all look to have potential and the added bonus is I don't fancy any of them which bodes well for their chances.
Report bullraider October 21, 2020 5:36 PM BST
Ucanaver 11/8
guy on wh radio was spot on there
Report The Management October 21, 2020 5:51 PM BST
The market is in the process of absolutely hating Saeiqa (18:15 Kempton) - but assuming whatever was amiss LTO was a blip (and hoping that blinkers are a help) - I have now been sucked into betting him half stakes EW at what seems a fair price (11/4) if he is a fit horse. Obviously the market thinks he might not be!

I can't bring myself to also bet on Rommel (ew) - giving weight to what I would imagine are better and likely more progressive/less exposed horses - but if the there is anything amiss with Saeiqa, he is consistent and I wouldn't be surprised if he runs above himself just to annoy me! GL
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 6:01 PM BST
Rifleman 6.45 TM? Nice shape no form.
Report The Management October 21, 2020 6:13 PM BST
Yes Jon - been dripping in EW on here at 4/1+ - but as you say - more shape than anything else.
Report The Management October 21, 2020 6:21 PM BST
Market 1 - Management 0 CryCry

At least Run For Freedom (2nd in the 18:15) has given Riflemans last race a little boost though (hopefully!)
Report The Management October 21, 2020 6:43 PM BST
Now full-steak EW Rifleman at about 9/2
Report The Management October 21, 2020 6:55 PM BST
A proper disappointing day in terms of decisions - so happy enough to come away just -1.10 on thread bets.

Upwards and onwards - see what tomorrow brings. Happy
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 6:57 PM BST
Well I played fast and loose to small stakes breaking just under even in two races, winning in two races and no return in one race making £69.60 on the day.  I'm in no way saying this is the way forward I just thought i'd see how the day would go on betting on the numbers and market shape without letting my opinion of form get in the way.  I got away with it particularly with Rookie Trainer being gifted the race by the faller.  The day could easily have gone the other way. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Report jonmh. October 21, 2020 6:59 PM BST
Great minds thinking alike and the end of the crossed posts TM !!
Report The Management October 21, 2020 7:04 PM BST
Todays Thread bets:

18:15 Kempton: Seaiqa - EW half stakes - unplaced at 3/1 ISP (Backed at 11/4) = -1.00
18:45 Kempton: Rifleman - EW - 2nd at 4/1 ISP (Backed at 9/2) = -0.10

Daily Thread Bet Total: -1.10
Running Thread Bet Total: +4.72
Report The Management October 21, 2020 7:10 PM BST
Cheers Jon - sometimes doing the lot can break the pattern and restore a bit of faith/confidence - paradoxically having a day off can sometimes have the same effect.

Chopping and choosing hasn't gone great for me again today - dodged the winners and backed the placed only/unplaced ones yet again - but it will come good.

Catch you tomorrow. Cool
Report The Management October 21, 2020 7:11 PM BST
If Real Madrid can turn around this 0:3 deficit - I might take a week off. Come on!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com