Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
29 Jul 20 17:55
| Topic/replies: 18,928 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
Backed from 3/1 into 5/4 for the Gordon Stakes. A good winner of the Lingfield Trial but jinking left at the start and jockey "bird watching" cost him at least a podium finish.

English King's expected to redeem on the ground he likes. No battalion from AOB but Mogul is again in opposition. He was was fat in the King Edward; slimmer in the Derby.
Pause Switch to Standard View English King (Good 14:15)
Show More
Report layingisthewayforward July 29, 2020 5:27 PM BST
I'll be a layer at that price.
Report Early Morning Riser July 29, 2020 7:18 PM BST
I'll take a chance on SUBJECTIVIST at the price.
Report Ramruma July 29, 2020 8:54 PM BST
Watch the Derby again and see where Pyledriver lives up to his name vis-a-vis English King.

11/10 is a bit short for this Derby re-run though; Mogul at 11/2 was said to be the Ballydoyle first string, and Khalifa Sat (6/1) was runner-up at Epsom and has twice won here so we know handles the track, which some don't.
Report glentoby July 29, 2020 9:16 PM BST
English King will slaughter these and if you got 3/1 you did well.I am on at 7/4 and if he went 1/2 as he should be would not lay off a penny.

GL
Report penzance July 29, 2020 10:52 PM BST
why should he be 1/2 when he just finished in front
of Mogul and behind Khalifa Sat?Not 1 winner has
come out of that Lingfield race.
Report salmon spray July 29, 2020 10:59 PM BST
Can't see it at all. Might win but there at least 3 that look just as likely.
Report LoyalHoncho July 29, 2020 11:34 PM BST
For me it depends on how he turns up.  He seemed over-anxious/stressed to me at Epsom and never at any stage - before or during the race - was he going as well as he did at Lingfield.  He stayed well enough though.  A watching race in my opinion.
Report flushgordon1 July 30, 2020 7:33 AM BST
I think he is a good thing, wins here then pisses up in the st leger if grounds not too soft.
Report flushgordon1 July 30, 2020 7:33 AM BST
I think he is a good thing, wins here then pisses up in the st leger if grounds not too soft.
Report muse July 30, 2020 8:01 AM BST
Al Aasy for me. Perhaps Mogul will do best of the Derby runners.  Any of them could win, but English King is far too short based on what they have actually done on a racecourse.

I am yet to be convinced about the strength of this years 2000 Guineas and Derby form.  Al Suhail clearly didn't show his form at all that day; the only other subsequent winner fron the Guineas that I can think of is Pinatubo. He clearly ran closer to his best than his stablemate in the Guineas, but neither the St James Palace nor even the Jean Prat run are totally convincingly top drawer form.

As for the Derby, time will tell, but it would not surprise me if Al Aasy can beat these today, and I think he is worth a small bet at the price.
Report Storm Alert July 30, 2020 9:20 AM BST
I tend not to forgive unlucky runs in the Derby, although this Derby was very unusual for a number of reasons. English King had an impossible run and I am now convinced to avoid horses drawn badly in the Derby (the bigger the field the worse the effect).

Just about has the best form over 1m4f however he is very short today, can't help feeling he will be a bigger price for St Leger which will be right up hist street.
Report layingisthewayforward July 30, 2020 11:21 AM BST
Think this fav is too short on any of the form I can find. Have laid it accordingly.
Report Newmarket-spurs July 30, 2020 12:49 PM BST
I do suspect he will hose up in this. He hasnt ran enough to be completely sure but I'll be going heavy. 11/8 to 6/4 is a great price.
Report differentdrum July 30, 2020 12:53 PM BST
Many got very excited with English King after Lingfield but if like me you backed him at Epsom you got no run for your money. There was never a moment when he looked likely to get close to reeling in the leader. He eventually stayed on close home but there was never any indication of this turn he pace he is supposed to possess.

At Lingfield he had the perfect trip and essentially reeled in a plodder.

On the evidence he is too short.
Report kemo sabe July 30, 2020 1:13 PM BST
the trainer and the jockey are both very confident about english kings chances ; Frankie freely admitted his ride from a terrible draw was poor and he thinks he will put it right PARTLY today , This is not a horse ive ever punted  and again i havnt today ,  but connections are confident  it depends if they are right of course
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 1:15 PM BST
He needs to show his poor run at Epsom was a one-off and probably jockey induced. He'll probably finish infront of Khafia Set, and win unless Mogul is very fit; 11/8 is skinny though. Al Aasy will have his work cut out conceding 3lbs to the rest.
Report sageform July 30, 2020 1:26 PM BST
Khalifa Sat for me.
Report kemo sabe July 30, 2020 1:28 PM BST
i had a reasonable ante post bet at 40/1 ish  for the derby on alhaasy ,,,, of course it never got to the race,  yet the last twice i thought it ran well and i got my cash back  just thinking did i also antepost al salt as well in another race ; i need to check
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 1:47 PM BST
He's more likely to go to Grand Prix de Paris to do battle with Serpentine rather than the Leger, according to his trainer.

This race is 14:45 not 14:15 - a typo error.
Report titleist July 30, 2020 2:38 PM BST
Win or lose it's a ludicrous price on what it's done on the track (won an egg and spoon race at Lingfield)
Report Storm Alert July 30, 2020 2:41 PM BST
Shocking price much rather be on Nazeef 10/3 in the Nassau.
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 2:42 PM BST
Mogul is odds against Al Aasy in a match bet despite the latter conceding 3lbs. Surely value.
Report glentoby July 30, 2020 2:44 PM BST
Any price is a good price when they win titleist,rare for me to back as short as this but imo it is "value"!!! To boost the coffers further I have had a saver on Al Aasy with a straight and rev fcast,not through lack of faith just a perception of value and insurance against the track screwing my bet again!!!WinkWink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 30, 2020 2:50 PM BST
English
PLONKER

Devil
Report ashleigh July 30, 2020 2:50 PM BST
no st leger winner in that race.
Report glentoby July 30, 2020 2:50 PM BST
Cry WD Mogul backers,almost a repeat of Epsom,so poor marks to Frankie!!
Report liberator of the oppressed July 30, 2020 2:51 PM BST
DOG
Report morpteh mackem July 30, 2020 2:51 PM BST
did i hear right, al aasy looked as though didnt stay ??? already won over 1m5f
Report wondersobright July 30, 2020 2:51 PM BST
wouldn't be rushing to be making excuses for EK
Report layingisthewayforward July 30, 2020 2:51 PM BST
Fav was a ridiculously short price. Well done layers and mogul backers
Report wondersobright July 30, 2020 2:52 PM BST
clearly a good horse but hyped up off the back of a massive pace collapse in the derby trial
Report sageform July 30, 2020 2:53 PM BST
Wrong choice but I was right in my firm belief that English King is a Group 3 at best. Why anyone thinks he is any good is beyond me. None of the horses he beat at Lingfield are close to Group 3 standard.
Report lapsy pa July 30, 2020 2:56 PM BST
I might be wrong but thought EK's tail was "up"? Maybe an excuse fore him but could be just the way he carries it.
Report LoyalHoncho July 30, 2020 2:58 PM BST
You and me both impossible.  Receiving 3lbs?
Report brians July 30, 2020 3:00 PM BST
They are still making excuses for him in rtv. Now its the course didnt suit him.  Face it lads he is not up to this class , even if he was able to pick his own course.
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 3:04 PM BST
At least fat boy won a race this season; 2.12 match bet against Al Aasy - easy money. Leger? Unlikely, I'd have thought; Cheltenham perhaps.

I think Al Aasy was at sea on this quick ground. And, English King needs a long break or a stable change - he's going backward!
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 3:11 PM BST
Connections of AOB/Coolmore gobbling up takers for fat boy running in the Leger allegedly. Both fat boy and English King finished infront of Khalifa Sat the runner-up at Epsom.

Anyone still in doubt Serpentine was gifted that race, and Dettori (EK), Murphy (Kameko) and Moore (Fat Boy) were watching one another in that race?
Report Kriskin July 30, 2020 3:12 PM BST
Just saw the race there.  Horse wasn't good enough on the day but it got a terrible ride from Dettori
Report penzance July 30, 2020 3:18 PM BST
Serpentine beat Khalifa Sat over 5L,
he was btn just over 3L,here.Could still
be the best 12F 3yr old colt.
Report LoyalHoncho July 30, 2020 3:18 PM BST
Serpentine ran as fast as Love did an hour earlier.  He was gifted the easy lead but we'll never know if they could have kept up with him and then had anything left, I doubt, because few of them will ever meet again.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 4:02 PM BST
As I thought English King just not very good. All those people saying he was battered in the Derby and blaming ballydoyle for not winning.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 4:10 PM BST
Different race different day Try. If you couldn't see what happened in the Derby that's your problem not mine. And I backed today's winner in the Derby. Which race do you think it ran to form in?
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 5:14 PM BST
It's a boat Brig. Accept it.
Report puzzledpunter July 30, 2020 5:27 PM BST
is it the name that inspires such blinkered views ?
Report Willie Shafter. July 30, 2020 5:28 PM BST
ek ran very well in derby..today was dire.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 5:44 PM BST
You obviously won a load today then Try?
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 5:45 PM BST
Its beaten Berkshire Rocco and Waledydd if I've spelt it right and they made it fav for the Derby. Unbelievable. No doubt they will up it in trip now. The only thing that needs blinkers puzzlepunter is the horse.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 6:00 PM BST
It also beat today's winner in the Derby after being stuck in behind it and it also beat the second in the Derby today so something screwed up the form in the Derby. Perhaps believing it was AOB's tactics in the Derby screwing the form up was the correct answer. As suggested at the time.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 6:07 PM BST
I blame myself actually Try. I knew AOB's lot had screwed up the form in the Derby and I should have backed Mogul today because I backed it in the Derby. Instead, I laid the Derby second today because I knew that wasn't true form. That's the problem with this crew you have no idea what the true form is, time they e ff ed off.
Report penzance July 30, 2020 6:10 PM BST
English King is over rated,may be it's because
Dettori got the ride in the Derby itself.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 6:13 PM BST
Can't wait to see it piss up in the Arc brig with its electric pace. What do you think happened to it today? Was the grass a bit long.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 6:17 PM BST
I didn't think it would win the Derby, I never backed it but you would want to be living in lu-lu land to think it wasn't blocked in by two AOB runners for most of the trip. If those two runners were trained by other trainers it wouldn't even come up. But they were so it does.

Look at the Nassau Stakes today two team runners the one backed off the boards, not ridden by Ryan Moore, ran the worst race of all the runners the other one was weak in the betting, ridden by Moore and won. You have no idea what they are doing. Another time Ryan Moore would be on the well-backed favourite and the other one wins it while Moore's horse runs terrible. If you could trust them you could accept it but they are crooks so you can't and why should we?
Report penzance July 30, 2020 6:21 PM BST
that werent blocked in by Obrien runners in the
Derby,that had plenty of room up the straight.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 6:31 PM BST
Magic Wand hasn't been exactly setting the world on fire to back it down to that price today and Fancy Blue has just won a classic and stays really well. It doesn't take a genius to look at the form and think the eventual winner might have a chance in the race. Nothing dodgy, no problems how the race was run and the best horse wins on the day. Al Thani can continue to make sly comments as he did today about Ballydoyle but their jockey was to blame and has admitted it and Crowley was on the best horse with speed and rode a shocker where the horse got him out of trouble. Lester would have held Motaather up until the last second and not got in the shambles Crowley got into and would have won a minute. Very easy to blame Ballydoyle for their shortcomings.
Report A_T July 30, 2020 6:33 PM BST
just reviewed the Derby again - of course no sign of EK being blocked
Report kemo sabe July 30, 2020 6:35 PM BST
the hype of unfashionable trainer  beating the big boys with frankie was the story ,  they wanted a new superstar trainer , jockey and the media hyped it up ,  on reflection why did anyone thing that the derby form was misleading , even  frankie told everyone it was beat in the derby by him ,  the problem was the horse all hype
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 6:56 PM BST
I didn't think EK would win the Derby I backed Mogul but look, I have spent enough time on this bunch of crooks thank you. There is no place for them in today's world and the sooner they sling their hooks the better it will be for everyone. If you think they are honest and straight then good luck to you. But don't form a line because it will be a pretty short one.
Report A_T July 30, 2020 7:09 PM BST
I've got no time for their antics but I don't think this year's Derby was an example
Report Willie Shafter. July 30, 2020 7:13 PM BST
must of been some healthy bank balances in here after laying it for the derby...
Report penzance July 30, 2020 7:18 PM BST
maybe in time Serpentine will prove it
was no fluke,on his part anyway,don't
know what the next race is for him.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 7:24 PM BST
I'm happy to be in the short line. They are the best and the envy is sickening.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 7:32 PM BST
Well done to Donnacha too. Quite a feat what he has achieved at his age. Great to know that the Ballydoyle machine will continue to operate at the highest level when Aidan decides to call it a day.
Report impossible123 July 30, 2020 8:01 PM BST
The Grand Prix de Paris was the race nominated for Serpentine a few days ago by his trainer, and so is Mogul the winner of the Gordon Stakes today; Japan won the same race last season. The Epsom Derby winner running against Gordon Stakes winner from the same stable? I believe it when I see it.

Dettori felt English King (EK) should go for the Leger, but owner was none to sure.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 8:26 PM BST
Who cares about EK. He's the equivalent of a hyped up boxer that's had his chance in the championship division and been battered. Nobody would be giving him a second chance to win the world championship. He would have to start at the bottom again. I suggest he takes in a Listed event. Might get some confidence back in the horse.
Report thurnscoe thunder July 30, 2020 8:32 PM BST
Couldnt see English King winning a Group 1 race in this country ever.
Done absolutely nothing to say it can. Obviously a very decent horse, but if it stays it will be the Leger and then a Cup horse, as they try to get it in against horse with less speed and more stamina hoping for the best. There are stronger stayers in the 3yo division again imo
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 8:43 PM BST
Try, the Coolmore owners are not getting any younger. Galileo is clearly on the way out. They haven't bred and trained a top class horse born to them in the last 20 years. Can this domination last? The only buyers are themselves there are far less huge purchases and prize money will not keep them going. The more they dominate the less money there is. I think they are doomed as an entity and the sooner the better.
Report penzance July 30, 2020 8:55 PM BST
brigbust
prize money probably don't keep 'em
going now,they're billionaires.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 9:01 PM BST
You couldn't be more wrong. Their domination continues at a gathering pace. Galileo not finished yet by a long chalk and the operation will only get stronger and stronger. Their consistency and performance in the staying division to my eyes increases season in and season out. Plenty of top class stallions and the quality of fillies has improved over the years to boot. Who is going to challenge them seriously? That's right nobody. Years and years at the top table with a continuous business plan to succeed in the future. How many young and upcoming operations are in place to challenge them? Aidan still quite young and the only real opposition Gosden hardly a spring chicken (class act though). Donnacha and Joseph aided and abetted by the great staff at ballydoyle and Coolmore will make sure that they remain at the top table over the long term. When Sheikh Mo eventually passes do you think the same interest will be there. Maybe from Hamdan for a period but time is hardly on their side. People said the same when Saddlers died and looked what happened. You should be questioning what everybody else is going to do to compete.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 9:37 PM BST
They may be billionaires Pen but their money is tied up, you can bet on that. Everyone knows that horse ownership is a loss and they are going to be making a bigger loss than most. And that will exacerbate as the quality falls because gambling can only go so far. You can bet their other businesses pay for their racing and I am pretty sure when the top men move on decisions will have to be made.
I remember when there were huge monies spent at sales on a regular basis but no longer. The ship is sinking and when the Captain and his officers can no longer continue it will sink. Why do you think they scheme so much to win the big races. Without it they would be dead now. They don't think about you and me, we are just fodder to their domination.
Even the Sheiks with their oil wealth are treading carefully but I never see them plotting team tactics.
This will prove to be a failed model that has done nothing at all for horseracing. We owe them nothing and they have never given us anything we never had before they came. And that will continue when they are gone.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 9:44 PM BST
yeah when hell freezes over. I appreciate your opinions brig and love to hear people who have a view. Nothing wrong in that at all. But in MV , Paul Smith and Ashley Tabor as well as the huge experience, business empire and billions accrued I think they might be around longer than most.
Report chavman July 30, 2020 9:46 PM BST
horse was crap on the day,the ride equal...who knows...wgaf...would you back it again,i wouldnt.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 10:27 PM BST
Chavman an experienced judge.
Report GEORGE.B July 30, 2020 10:32 PM BST
Stand by chav, PM on its way
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 10:39 PM BST
Magnier, JP, Tabor, Abdullah and Hamdan and even Sheikh Mohammed are not young men. Coolmore probably end up with horses they cannot sell hence new trainers and I wonder what their wastage is.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 10:53 PM BST
Money cascades down the generations. You're not telling me the families of Abdullah and the Maktoums have the same interest in racing than the Ballydoyle crew long term. As time goes by the arab interests will wain as they promote Dubai further as a holiday destination and sink their money into that and Ballydoyle get stronger and stronger because they have  the youth, long term term racing vision and the money on their side.. If you think it's one sided now see where we are in 20 years. I really hope your are about then Brig to see it.
Report brigust1 July 30, 2020 11:23 PM BST
So do I Try. But I don't see Ballydoyle/Coolmore surviving me. Very, very few owners make it pay and Coolmore will be no different that is exactly why they use the tactics they do. An honest broker wouldn't do that. It has to be desperation. And I cannot see the young taking over. The Magnier's of this world set this up, this is their baby. The younger generation will not feel the same.
Report Try My Best July 30, 2020 11:46 PM BST
When is the last time you have seen the younger generation of the Maktoums. Abdullas , Obaids or Thani's at the racecourse when their best horses are running not like they have any. Even in the lockdown you see Kevin Buckley, Paul Smith and MV at the racecourse. They are 200% committed and you know why, its easy money. They are the best and are in it for the long term. Look where they have come from for Christs sake. Its an unbelievable achievement. Do you think they are going to pack up in the near future. They have achieved total domination of the sport. Even when they lose they win.The gap will only get wider and wider and they deserve all the plaudits. Total discipline, expert advisers and vets, top quality staff and a trainer that has been unbelievable aligned with total knowledge of the breed. The wheel has turned full circle from the unique Sangster Magnier plan of buying yearlings with tremendous pedigrees to the Arabs gatecrashing the party with their immense wealth to where we are now. Any sane person will know who has won that duel over the last 50 years and who would have believed it could be accomplished. It's like anything in this country, success is deemed to be unpalatable and something to be sneered about. Embrace success, embrace professionalism, embrace skill and expertise and surround yourself with people who sometimes know more than you. That's what they have done. Anybody could have done the same but haven't. I look forward to attending the races in the future and see these great looking horses and champions in the future.
Report hello :-) July 31, 2020 12:01 AM BST
i dont grudge the stable having the best horses and winning , a lot of sweat over the decades and a lot of it is plain hard work

its difficult to bet when they run 3/4/5 in big races tho , not that they need worry about that Happy

ffs they sent a maiden winner to epsom and won like a 3 mile chaser , what chance you got Laugh
Report Try My Best July 31, 2020 12:15 AM BST
You don't have to bet in the races if you are uncomfortable with the make up of the race. Do the work ,do the study and you can make great money. I have backed Qualify ,Wings of Eagles and Mendelsohn at odds over 100/1 and made great money. People are lazy by nature and see money for an O Brian horse and jump on the bandwagon. Go racing ,look at replays, form and pedigrees and form your own opinion. Most of the betting public are plebs who haven't a clue about racing and are half drunk when they bet. What an opportunity for anyone who takes their punting seriously.
Report know all July 31, 2020 12:29 AM BST
i backed mogul for the derby at 14/1  last september and did 4 in the derby including the winner to spread the risk, if you watch the derby ryan eased him in the last 50yds and english king passed him i could not believe the prices were that wrong today, if your a good race reader it was there for all to see, his brother japan was right on the day they wanted york 6/1
Report LoyalHoncho July 31, 2020 7:35 AM BST
Good post Try and I agree.  Nothing beats research, and it's never been easier to do.
Report impossible123 July 31, 2020 7:42 AM BST
I think it was inexcusable for AOB to run two fat horses at Ascot ie Mogul and Japan (esp Mogul) without 1st "warning" prospective punters of their well-being; connections knew though hence they were drifters in the Exchange.

The Epsom Derby was a farce, and connections of the winner knew it thus the avoidance of running against one another in the future eg Serpentine (gifted the race at Epsom similar to Sovereign in the Irish equivalent last season). Even the none-too-special Santiago whose main objective is the Leger managed to win the Irish version this year thro' astute "planning" and lack of gumption by British trainers.

Sheikh Fahd (Kameko) twittered about a runner of AOB in the Sussex. What was all that about? I do not do 'twitter' and also could not be bothered to research as I firmly believe the eventual winner Mohaather would have won even if Murphy had his "riding cap" on.
Report LoyalHoncho July 31, 2020 7:43 AM BST
ek ran very well in the Derby???
Report impossible123 July 31, 2020 7:47 AM BST
Research is one thing but trying to get a bet on any AOB's outsider antepost could jeopardise the fate of one's account with any bookie eg 9/1 in the Yorkshire Oaks for Seventh Heaven resulted in a protracted email exchange prior to payment; 10/1 Idaho for the Leger.

I agree EK need to run in a proper Listed race or a change of scenery inevitable. He was woeful yesterday; never travelling and only ran on past tired horses who'd been pacesetting.
Report A_T July 31, 2020 9:30 AM BST
re. the Coolmore multiple runners: i'd like to see coupling in the betting for horses with a same owner - might stop some of the shenanigans
Report brigust1 July 31, 2020 9:34 AM BST
When and where has total domination worked Try? I am sorry my friend you are living in a misguided dream world. Every day the best races in our sport are dominated and on many occasions completely screwed up by this leviathan. his conversation could be an almost daily account. And that should not be the case. We should not be discussing which horse this bunch of crooks wants to win to suit their own ends. We should not be having this discussion ever.
Top owners are now beginning to speak out and the Jockey Club is investigating something it should not have to.
They have introduced restrictions in motor racing in an attempt to stop the domination that is screwing up their sport and they are trying it in football.

Total domination does not work. And I can see the day this bunch of crooks, if they could be trusted it would still be bad, pulling the plug themselves gradually because I cannot see how they can survive alone. They must be pumping huge amounts of cash into a dying model. Irrespective of what they say.
Report glentoby July 31, 2020 9:50 AM BST
Buongiorno Brigust,I suspect you are wasting your time trying to educate some.How anyone can cite them as professional and AOB as a genius defies belief.Put him in the position of most of the top trainers and he would struggle to achieve what they do with the resources available,HRA,SMS,JG et al.

You dared to mention the dreaded "wastage" which many would rather not acknowledge,the true facts are pretty unpalatable.They do not even know who their best horses are based on homework,hence the scattergun approach,how can that be genius or professional?
Report Storm Alert July 31, 2020 10:14 AM BST
How would one have got on Wings of Eagles at over 100/1 in the Derby by going racing, looking at replays, form? Pedigree gave him a chance if you were willing to overlook form in the Criterium and Vase. I mean he was well beaten by Venice Beach at Chester who had plenty in hand. I was at Epsom and could not have had WoE ahead of Cracksman, VB or Capri. I thought WoE won at Epsom because he was a strong stayer who ran on past beaten horses benefiting from several players making their move too early.
Report Storm Alert July 31, 2020 10:30 AM BST
I've just rewatched the Derby and I can't see Moore easing down Mogul in the last 50 yards. In fact Moore hits it with his whip about 25 yards from the line. I was against English King yesterday (posted earlier in this thread) but I could not read the Derby as making Mogul a good thing yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=healH2iS6U0
Report Try My Best July 31, 2020 10:30 AM BST
Thought his run in the Vase was very eye-catching myself and no way should it have been over 100/1 for the Derby. I thought that represented excellent value but each to his own.
Report Try My Best July 31, 2020 10:35 AM BST
glentoby 29 Jul 20 21:16 Joined: 12 Mar 06 | Topic/replies: 12,043 | Blogger: glentoby's blog
English King will slaughter these and if you got 3/1 you did well.I am on at 7/4 and if he went 1/2 as he should be would not lay off a penny.

GL

Yes it can be a waste of time trying to educate people my friend.
Report kevo July 31, 2020 10:40 AM BST
A couple of posters on this thread have a lot in common with David Icke.
Report glentoby July 31, 2020 10:41 AM BST
I really don't get why some are getting so hung up with the Derby form given how unsatisfactory the race was and it was not a field that would have lined up if it was in it's normal slot.Substandard imo which was why I backed EK,Mogul may well be the one to go on and thrive at 12f this year.As for EK,I would not be surprised,as someone has already mentioned,if he ended up a cup horse,possibly via the Leger.

I think it is safe to write off his last two runs and expect better over farther on a conventional track?
Report glentoby July 31, 2020 10:45 AM BST
Is that relevant to what Brigust is saying TMB or are you always right and just struggling for a riposte?
Report Try My Best July 31, 2020 10:55 AM BST
Not struggling in the slightest. I think your post says it all.
Report brigust1 July 31, 2020 11:17 AM BST
Glentoby there is nothing wrong with sticking your neck out, I fancied Wichita in the Sussex Stakes, when you believe or fancy something. It is far better than sitting on the fence, like some. We all back losers that is the nature of this sport.
Report glentoby July 31, 2020 11:25 AM BST
Absolutely Brig,I backed Witchita ew in the guineas and stuck my neck out with Kameko in the Sussex,as always at Goodwood,jockey's like punters can look inspired or mugs,swings and roundabouts but as you say have the courage of your convictions.Good luck if indulging today.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com