Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
24 Jul 20 14:02
| Topic/replies: 22,473 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
I am with the improving with every run Japan to beat the odds on Enable.....This will be some race to watch who are you with?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 169
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 24 Jul 20 14:14
Think Japan will be the last to challenge Enable who I think will go for home around the two furlong marker. If it comes to a dog fight I think Ryan will be slightly stronger but Enable may be just too good. Overall I am all green and either will do and if there is an upset I get my money back.

Don`t think Frankie will want a slow run race so if it`s a dawdle he may make the running. Like your good self it`s a good race in my opinion.
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:17
Listening to Ryan the other Day he is really sweet on Japan I hope he is right.
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:20
Get your opinions on here lads this is what the forum is all about....Don't let The Forum die the death.
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:22
I don't want to see 500 views and 20 posts....Man up and lets hear your opinion.Plain
By:
rue-the- day
When: 24 Jul 20 14:31
japan could shape fitter than last time, hope so, got £400 win Japan 4-1, keeping a lay in running of £400 at 2.0, Japan traded bellow 2.0 last time. Good luck to all
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:33
Good luck rue I hope you collect.Grin
By:
brigust1
When: 24 Jul 20 14:37
This could get down to the niceties. The best place to be is away from the far rail and nearer the middle of the track and Enable is drawn to avoid the far rail. She must not get in on the rail at the start behind the leader and let the other two get outside her and keep her against that rail. If, on the other hand, she can keep Japan on her inside that may be enough.
By:
TheAnorak
When: 24 Jul 20 14:38
At current prices, no doubt the value is with Japan. Only two lengths between them at Longchamp, which translates to 4/5 and 2/1 for me. Not had a bet, and will wait to see if Ascot gets any of the forecast rain - any softening of the ground would help Enable I think.

Am I doing this right, Acey?
By:
betting_masta
When: 24 Jul 20 14:38
nobody will want to lead, but someone's got to. either oisin or buick will go off to the lead. frankie will just try and sit. then he asks her for something but does she still have it? 6 years old now. you hate to say it but she could be regressive. does she find what she used to have? That is the question. For me it is a no bet race not in a gazillion years, purely a watching brief. the only bet is to take on enable for some value
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:41
Yeah tactics will play a massive part I think brig...There will be no dirty tactics but lets face it Ballydoyle wont be doing Enable any favours.
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 14:43
Yeah I think so Anorak.Grin
By:
brigust1
When: 24 Jul 20 15:00
I think they will both enjoy the ground and both enjoy the trip. All things being equal I would have to go for Enable.
Japan had already had a run before the Eclipse and JG thought she may have needed it. In the Arc Japan was getting the allowance which I believe benefits the 3 year olds plus I think Frankie went to the front too soon. She clearly stops when in front as she did the year before and was nearly caught.
By:
penzance
When: 24 Jul 20 15:05
Neither,if the ground stays fast, Anthony Van Dyck
at the prices.The run behind Gaayaith was a good
one ,imo,Think the Royal Ascot run can be foregiven.
(soft ground and did'nt get the clearest of runs).
Won last year Derby (13/2),Japan was 3rd(20/1) on
G/F.Do think he's a much better horse on better ground.
   GL ALL
By:
driver2
When: 24 Jul 20 15:08
Isn't it plainly obvious that Buick has been booked to ride Sovereign from the front? After his exploits on Ghaiyyath and Sovereign's all the way Irish Derby win, surely they're a perfect match!
Imo, Sovereign to lead, Enable can't afford to let him get away and will have to commit 1st and maybe tow the other 2 into the race and hopefully my EW bet Anthony van Dyck will come bombing down the outside to win it! Well I can dream can't I?
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 24 Jul 20 15:10
Enable gave Japan 3 lb in the Arc and receives the same from all rivals tomorrow.

She will certainly be fitter. Course, trip and ground not an issue with either of course, although any rain will be appreciated by Enable as Alan intimated. I think Enable will win and i would be willing to take the current odds of 8/15 (probably better on here).
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 24 Jul 20 15:11
Laurie, sorry i didn't see your post.
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 24 Jul 20 15:12
Sovereign will make the running and take Enable & Japan well into the final 2F. Japan will be the first of the big 2 to come off the bridle and then Frankie will shake up Enable and after a short battle she will go on and win by a cosy 1L at the line. Frankie wasn't hard on her at Sandown and even though the Arc is the main aim, I'm sure connections will want the KG just as much. Just a race to watch for me all the same.
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 15:12
Listen and listen good it's a two horse race I don't even want a mention of the other two other rags on this thread thank you very much.Cool
By:
brigust1
When: 24 Jul 20 15:18
Hi Andrew, I knew where you were going that's for sure. Will be a good race and whoever wins I don't think it will be detrimental to the loser.

The Godolphin Eclipse winner made the running in the Arc so Enable was entitled to be slowing down a bit at the end and the finishers closing as they often do in the Arc so that may just have flattered Japan.
By:
penzance
When: 24 Jul 20 15:21
Fair enough
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 15:25
Happy
By:
04arsenalfc.
When: 24 Jul 20 15:27
The most interesting part of this race is the tactics that Ballydoyle employ for me. I'd be wanting to see a really aggressive ride on Sovereign from the front we've still not really had the opportunity to see if the Irish derby win was a fluke. I wouldn't be overly confident in Enable if Sovereigns given an easy lead from the front. I feel the tactics on this horse are the most important aspect of the race if I knew 100% that Sovereign would be tearing off from the front (Wasnt in previous race hopefully that was looked at as a nice prep run coming off the back of a long lay off) I'd be looking to lay Enable as the O'Brien clan are shrewd as they come in these type of tactical affairs. The booking of Buick as noted above by WP are a positive for me too after the Ghaiyyath rides.

That being said I wouldn't particularly mind Enable winning been a fantastic horse I do feel she could be regressing slightly which is to be expected.
By:
driver2
When: 24 Jul 20 15:32
The booking of Buick.....as noted by DRIVER2
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 24 Jul 20 15:42
Wait until the off to place your bet, Arsenal. If Sovereign goes off as quickly as you'd like him to? You can stick your lay in on Enable.
By:
Larabrown
When: 24 Jul 20 16:18
acey deucy • July 24, 2020 3:20 PM BST
Get your opinions on here lads this is what the forum is all about....Don't let The Forum die the death.
Report•Quote•Block Useracey deucy • July 24, 2020 3:22 PM BST
I don't want to see 500 views and 20 posts....Man up and lets hear your opinion

Are you not interested in any opinions from women?
By:
04arsenalfc.
When: 24 Jul 20 16:22
Apologies Mr driver I saw you both mentioned Sovereign however it was you who noted Buick my bad. 

That could be a decent angle WP I'd imagine Enable probably shortening a little more if I'm honest. I'd personally have Japan a bit closer in terms of the odds. (Although Enable being eased down previous race there isnt much between the 2 IMO) Sovereign would probably be a back to lay angle if as expected makes the running.

Dont get me wrong Enable is a class horse & it will be am interesting race in terms of how things plan out further in the season. I see it being pretty tactical though so I'd like to have all 3 of the O'Brien horses on side. As I said I could be wrong & Enable wins easily.

Am I being crazy here but if Enable is beaten tomorrow could there be a chance we see her retired?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 24 Jul 20 16:32
of the 2 i will be with japan at the odds ,,  she cant be getting better can she ? couldnt rule out an upset with ballydoyle so that to ponder as well .
By:
shady69
When: 24 Jul 20 16:43
Enable for me.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 24 Jul 20 16:56
japan only a head behind enable in eclipse not a lot to make up ,the arc winner made up the ground he was beaten by enable  in last years king george so its not insurmountable  the extra 2f better for both and not hard to  think japan has more improvement to come of the 2 . have backed japan at 3/1 will have a saver on one of the rags just in case .
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 17:20
Are you not interested in any opinions from women? Yes please all opinions welcome.Grin
By:
acey deucy
When: 24 Jul 20 17:28
I must say I will be very disappointed if Enable or Japan does not Win I just cant have either of the other two.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 24 Jul 20 17:33
should be between those 2 acey but we have been there before with coolmore on a good few occasions  with a rag winning group races .
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 24 Jul 20 17:39
Enable to win by a cosy 2 lengths. Will come on from the Eclipse and can see her beating this lot easily.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 24 Jul 20 17:43
8/15 currently, If she gets any bigger tomorrow morning I'll be having a right old punt.
By:
millhouse
When: 24 Jul 20 18:11
Enable has been beaten and below her very best in her last two runs, and as it's notoriously difficult to get mares to keep training on, she'd be a sporting lay at the odds for me - I'd be tempted to have a little bet on Sovereign, in the hope they try to repeat the Irish Derby tactics, as I'm not totally convinced Japan isn't best at a mile and quarter.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 24 Jul 20 18:32
avd ron nunner
By:
N-east Correspondent
When: 24 Jul 20 18:40
much as I love Enable - Japan is the bet for me

sad state of affairs 3 runners for the premier middle distance race of the summer though
obviously never a huge field goes to post but still 3...
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 24 Jul 20 18:57
Hi Andrew, I knew where you were going that's for sure.

Laurie, you probably knew even before the Eclipse Wink

She's not a good thing by any means, although the most likely winner, i think we would both agree on that. It wasn't Frankies' finest hour at Longchamp (and he admits this) but he's still the best tactical jockey around. It's a small field and i think Sovereign will be sacrificed to create an uneven pace, not necessarily a fast one, although Frankie will be wise to such a move.

The fact she's a 6 year old mare now is not really a negative, it didn't stop Black Caviar, Winx and Goldikova from winning Group 1 races and Dahlia did the same albeit across the Atlantic. She obvious has the Arc as her primary 2020 target and may not be 100% fit tomorrow, but close enough and the latter could be good enough. The tactics are certainly going to make it an interesting race and i'm looking forward to it. A pity there is no live viewing, i would certainly have come over.

Are you not interested in any opinions from women?

There's no reason whatsoever why a woman couldn't give an opinion on horse racing ............ the offside rule on the other hand Wink. Only kidding Lara.
By:
Lucky Sod
When: 24 Jul 20 19:05
Anthony Van Dyck non runner only just noticed
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo