Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
loper
23 Jul 20 14:21
| Topic/replies: 6,431 | Blogger: loper's blog
Just reintroduced the useless uprade and you cant see 3 month P & L.Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View P & L buggered again!
Show More
Report loper July 23, 2020 3:24 PM BST
They've sneaked it in mid afternoon,ffs!

You'd think they'd test it out at a quieter time of day.
Report jamesdean July 23, 2020 3:41 PM BST
Why do they do it Cry
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 3:56 PM BST
my Profit and loss still has the box to select the period?
Report loper July 23, 2020 3:59 PM BST
select 3 months then see what happens!
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:05 PM BST
it comes up with three months - (that's not to say that they aren't phasing it in)
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:07 PM BST
this is specifically the exchange profit and loss selection from the betting activity tab
Report Escapee July 23, 2020 4:13 PM BST
Very Flakey

Sometimes it returns correct data for 3 months & 30 days, sometimes it doesn't

Plus it's got a much slower response time (10-60 Seconds) so it gives the impression you haven't clicked the button.

Definitely a down grade

Sad

Wonder what happened to their QA/Testing team?
Report loper July 23, 2020 4:14 PM BST
Yes Dave.
'
If you select 3 months then press the 'Get P & L' button it returns 'no results for that report query'.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:27 PM BST
ok they must be rolling it out at diff times I select exchange profit and loss selection from the betting activity tab and get up today's as default (which is new) I can then select 3 months and that comes up with a slight delay.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:30 PM BST
If they are actually rolling that out it is a clear breach of responsible gaming obligations by taking away the view of long term losses.
Report loper July 23, 2020 4:31 PM BST
Your lucky, Dave.

Mine wont work at all for longer than one month.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:35 PM BST
I don't have anything before the 1st of june because of the lockdown, so don't know if that is having some strange effest.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 4:35 PM BST
*effect
Report loper July 23, 2020 4:51 PM BST
As I said, if I ask for 3 months i get nothing, only a message saying ' there were no results for that query.

And like you I was playing from 1st June so there is plenty of data there that is older than one month.
Report Amanda Hugnkiss July 23, 2020 5:10 PM BST
Same here..

3 months nothing.
Report Escapee July 23, 2020 5:23 PM BST
try clicking it again after if comes back with no results.. and then wait 60 seconds.

I was flipping about between 7-30 days & 3 Months, very intermittent.

@dave1357

I've been on 'old' system all day, then it flipped to new system. it has a different race description

Instead of including "5f mdn hcap" as the description it has removed that and replaced it with 'WIN'

"Horse Racing / 16:55 Sandown : Win"

so you'll be able to tell if you're on old or new page
Report loper July 23, 2020 5:29 PM BST
Thanks for the suggestion Escapee but no luck here, completely buggered.
Report dave1357 July 23, 2020 5:38 PM BST
my descriptions are new Horse Racing / 15:30 Leopardstown : Win
Report jamesdean July 23, 2020 5:45 PM BST
No page numbers now either just next or previous, clowns
Report Escapee July 23, 2020 5:49 PM BST
Has anyone been onto customer service or twitter about the problems?

What did they say?

Thanks in advance
Report bettinghelp July 23, 2020 6:09 PM BST
If you click on a race to view it, you can't then go back to the list of races. You can't even use the 'page back' button on your browser any more.

Oh, and the BF cahrts on the API have gone again today.

Otherwise fine and dandy.
Report bettinghelp July 23, 2020 6:09 PM BST
*charts
Report Escapee July 23, 2020 8:15 PM BST
I have contacted Customer services, and after a bit of confusion about wanting 3 months P&L and not a 3 month Statement I got...

"Yes there was an upgrade on the page earlier on this week. The relevant team are reviewing this matter as we speak so hopefully it will be settled soon. My sincere apologies for this inconvenience!"

I'm a bit baffled as to what Betfair are gaining by their upgrade to the web page?

It certainly doesn't deliver any extra customer benefits so it must be for their own benefit.

Getting rid of old legacy code is probably the reason.

It's a step backwards in customer functionality, let alone the problems of it not working and taking 20-30 second for a
30 day P&L instead of a couple of seconds using the old pages.
Report Escapee July 23, 2020 8:19 PM BST
I so hate the "Minimum Viable Product" philosophy of modern software delivery.
Report loper July 23, 2020 9:44 PM BST
Thats all very well but we have lost vital function.

I can no longer access any of my historical P & L data beyond 31 days.
Report dustybin July 24, 2020 9:12 AM BST
I've looked at this new product this morning and I too can't access P/L further back than 1 month (minus 1 day)
as soon as I input a date longer ago than that it says there are no records (when there are).

I don't have any confidence in bf anymore, but I can't see that they will leave it like that, surely they will fix it?????

My major disbelief is that they have taken away all description that identifies race type and changed the course abbreviation to the full word.
The changing of the abbreviation is an inconvenience but one that with time can be accommodated. Taking away all race description however is ludicrous, why the hell would they do this, is it a dumbing down
where they expect their customers to not want to know their data for individual race types/codes/distances?
Are they honestly not going to give the information other than racecourse, time and date?

Betfair are an uphill struggle. They inconvenience their customers and their third party suppliers while constantly degrading their product.
Report puzzledpunter July 24, 2020 10:16 AM BST
it will only show 1000 markets total if you have more in the time period you are searching you will get computer says NO
Report d* July 24, 2020 10:20 AM BST
Echo all that. They took this info away from the bet history page a couple of weeks ago. Obviously less people use that, as I didn't see many people kicking up a fuss. Hopefully they will take a bit more notice now. Email them your feedback if you haven't already priority@betfair.com
Report Betfair Customer Services July 24, 2020 12:01 PM BST
Hi there,

We have recently released an updated version of the Profit & Loss page within myaccount.betfair.com on our desktop site. This change has been made to improve the reliability and performance of our site by upgrading some of the legacy technology within the Exchange platform.

We are aware of the issues you have raised in this thread and are addressing them as quickly as possible. Currently, there are some limitations to the amount of data the page is able to load, which is preventing high volume customers from accessing their 3-month P&L. We estimate these limits to be at approximately ~10,000 bets, ~1,000 markets. We are working to improve this as quickly as possible.

We are also aware of the issues around the field information displayed for racing changing, and the removal of page navigation functionality. These issues are also high in our priorities and will be addressed as soon as we have fixed the loading issues.

In the meantime, if you are encountering issues loading your 3-month P&L, please consider doing so in 1-month intervals. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Report loper July 24, 2020 1:21 PM BST
Thanks so much for the feedback. What we all want is an interactive approach where we all, Betfair and customers, come together to help to improve the site.

It is important that you look at the forum regularly for feedback. Why is that? Well, unfortunately the customer service facilities are not what they were and it is getting very difficult to interact with anyone at Betfair who shows empathy and understanding of customers' problems.

For instance, a couple of days ago I reported this problem to a customer services agent via 'livechat' whose insane and insulting response was to ask me to CLEAR MY CACHE AND DELETE MY COOKIES and the P & L problems would be resolved.

And then, I having said thankyou and goodbye, the operative asked me to rate his or her assistance on a scale of 1 to 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report Escapee July 24, 2020 2:07 PM BST
@Betfair Customer Services

Thankyou for coming onto this thread and letting us know that you are aware of both the bug issues and customer experience down grade issues.

Much appreciated
Report Amanda Hugnkiss July 24, 2020 5:42 PM BST
Very much hope loper dished out a 5 score on the assistants help.....Laugh
Report Escapee August 10, 2020 2:29 PM BST
@Betfair Customer Services

Today's release (10th August) to fix the "https://myaccount.betfair.com/activity/profitandloss" bugs
caused by your previous release, has now broken it completely for me.

I can not get any results at all for any query i.e. even getting todays P&L is broken Sad

10-Aug-2020 14:24
Period:    
Just for Today

(relates to event settlement date)

2020-08-10 00:00

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)     to    
2020-08-10 14:24

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)   
There were no results for that report query

Please, Please shout at who ever is responsible.
They really are doing a bad job, a properly bad job.

whats going on?
Report Percy Filth August 10, 2020 3:41 PM BST
Not working at all  for me now,either.
They really need to put some effort into fixing this mess!
Report PAT'S PLAYTHING August 10, 2020 4:23 PM BST
working again--BUT now I have no bets placed in 4.15 at Southwell--and put them on over 30 minutes ago ??
Report Latalomne August 10, 2020 5:21 PM BST
Apparently works in Mozilla. Definitely doesn't for me in Chrome.
Report broadsword August 10, 2020 5:53 PM BST
whole site is working like a croc o shoite
Report Willie Shafter. August 10, 2020 6:08 PM BST
p&l on gruss works better anyways.
Report Percy Filth August 10, 2020 6:10 PM BST
Working ok now on firefox, but have had to clear cookies etc.
Report elisjohn August 10, 2020 6:11 PM BST
i posted here yesterday, about my outright world champ market, the order by matched bets etc woeful, not showing p&l etc, bloody ridicilous
Report Betfair Customer Services August 11, 2020 10:13 AM BST
Firstly, we’d like to thank you for your patience whilst we have been working on the new bet reporting pages. Yesterday we released numerous fixes for the Profit & Loss page which will solve for the majority of issues that have been raised. All customers should now be able to retrieve their 3-month P&L, as well as having the ability to navigate between pages in the same way they could previously. If you are encountering problems loading your P&L, please clear your cache and try again. If problems persist, please get in touch so that we can take some more details and investigate.

We are aware that there is still more to be done, both on the Profit & Loss page, and the other bet reporting pages. As mentioned in the previous post, our next priority is fixing the way in which racing field information is displayed in the Profit & Loss and Betting History pages. We are also looking to improve pagination across all pages amongst other smaller fixes.

Please be assured that we are capturing all of your feedback and working on delivering against it. Thank you again for your patience
Report Latalomne August 11, 2020 10:18 AM BST
To anyone still having problems with Chrome, the stock "clear cookies and cache" answer worked for me.
Report elisjohn August 11, 2020 11:01 AM BST
how the hel do you do that, lat, i havent a clue
Report Latalomne August 11, 2020 11:23 AM BST
Top right corner of your Chrome browser, the three dots one on top of one another.  Click on that, down to settings, and then it's down to Privacy and Security, and Clear Browsing Data from within that.
Report Lee Ho Fooks August 11, 2020 11:49 AM BST
"We are aware that there is still more to be done" and "please be assured that we are capturing all of your feedback and working on delivering against it."

Hopefully this means action and not just more vacuous rhetoric. If so, you may like to consider this comment taken from a related thread by Loper

They've sneaked it in mid afternoon!

You'd think they'd test it out at a quieter time of day.
Report salmon spray August 11, 2020 12:29 PM BST
It started working OK for me on Firefox sometime yesterday.
At least we have seen some input from Betfair on this thread which is most unusual these days but much to be welcomed.
Report Betfair Customer Services September 7, 2020 5:14 PM BST
Hi there,
We would like to thank you again for your patience whilst we have been working through your feedback on the bet reporting pages.
Today, a release has gone out to solve for several of the issues raised. On the Profit & Loss and Betting History pages, racing market information should now be displayed in the way it was prior to the rebuild. On the Profit & Loss page, we have also addressed a bug causing the number of lines available across all sports to be limited by the number of lines loaded for the default sport. Also, across all four pages, you should now find appropriate pagination. A number of smaller fixes were also included in the release.
We are continuing to document and work through issues as they are being raised and will have further news regarding development work carried out on these pages in the future.
Thank you.
Report jamesdean September 7, 2020 5:29 PM BST
Any update on the racing tv live video latency that was meant to be getting fixed 14 weeks ago
on June the 1st BCS?
Report elisjohn September 7, 2020 8:11 PM BST
seems its changed all again118 numbers pages on the screenLaughLaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com