Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
22 Jul 20 09:26
| Topic/replies: 12,981 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
Our favourite last to first jockey,rides Caledonian Crusade in the 12.45,will he put in an appearance or will Franny get the better of him.Scared
Pause Switch to Standard View Jamie Spencer
Show More
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 10:39 AM BST
Looks a very likely type for trainer/jock at track that's for sure.

Very difficult race looking at the actual form to go on with so many ???

MJ ,Gosden,Stoute, etc unexposed 3yo's distance wise, new aids applied to a few of these horses.

Spencer back on though and at Yarmouth he has an excellent record with this sort of unexposed horse for Simcock in hcps. Didn't think the seasonal reappearance at kempton would have seen the race run to suit as  was held up off a dawdle before late gains with tender enough handling.

A very small sample but Simcock is also 4-8 at track in 3yo+ mdn hcps. only had 10 runners in these races anywhere.
Report onlooker July 22, 2020 10:41 AM BST
What did Emma Ramsden ever see in him ?

Baffling

She must have wanted to 'mother him'

Most Punters would want to smother him.  Happy
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 10:44 AM BST
Would say the winners are usually a lot more easily found near the top of the market though.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 10:45 AM BST
Onlooker Grin

A race I'm leaving Tangle, GL if you play.
Report The Management July 22, 2020 10:48 AM BST
The 16:50 race is more interesting (imo) - his mount is odds-on in a 3YO Handicap! Mischief

Although slightly going around in circles as to what to oppose him with - each way or in the place market Confused
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 10:54 AM BST
I read through that thread yesterday TM with shortie lays.

Don't listen to anyone telling you that once raced shorties that didn't win on debut are good value, they certainly as a group are not!
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 10:58 AM BST
Just realized that was movewiththetimes Blush
Report The Management July 22, 2020 11:00 AM BST
Agreed.

If I don't like a "shortie" I would prefer to oppose it by having an each way bet or betting place only in the race.

When laying - I like my lays to be fully exposed types!
Report The Management July 22, 2020 11:01 AM BST
Yeah - it wasn't my thread SE.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 11:05 AM BST
Wink

The cynic in me wonders whether that troubled passage last time would have been the same if it were odds on.

Actually nothing in Spencer's record on odds on handicappers to suggest his mounts are poor value (and I'm no fan).
Report The Management July 22, 2020 11:07 AM BST
Are you considering resurrecting the Daily Nap Lays Comp SE?

Fully understand if it is too time consuming or disrupts your betting but was a good comp.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 11:13 AM BST
There's too much going on this time of the year TM, I'm certainly not writing it off to return later in the year when it's a bit less hectic. Feel completely mentally drained after long days on here as it is.

bit of a wuss in that regard. Cry
Report The Management July 22, 2020 11:25 AM BST
Fair enough SE.

I was planning to start/revive a thread for filthy each way bets and ew multiples/acca discussion - but have been busy and seems a bit pointless given that I have very limited access to betting shops at the moment.

GL.
Report metro john July 22, 2020 11:25 AM BST
Boss Power looks about right.
Report tanglefoot July 22, 2020 12:21 PM BST
Guys,Maiden Handicaps, are extremely difficult,like most handicaps,but usually if u find the winner,they are good value,just thought at the track Jamie could surprise,although the support is for Franny’s mount.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 12:34 PM BST
This isn't a comfortable leave for me tangle. Cry
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 12:42 PM BST
Joined: 14 Sep 10 | Topic/replies: 56,997 | Blogger: stridingedge's blog

Would say the winners are usually a lot more easily found near the top of the market though.

was 11+ earlier
Report tanglefoot July 22, 2020 12:42 PM BST
striding,very open,best not to get too involved.Grin
Report tanglefoot July 22, 2020 12:43 PM BST
The money for Franny’s mount
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 12:44 PM BST
I won't be leaving his next ones here in similar circumstances if it goes in Tangle. Laugh

Rare type of race and it would seem he really likes them.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 12:45 PM BST
With a saver on MJ's other at big odds I expect Tangle Laugh
Report Ramruma July 22, 2020 12:45 PM BST
MJ second string not out of it imo. Can't fancy Jamie.
Report racing6699 July 22, 2020 12:49 PM BST
absolutely textbook Spencer ride there! What a guy! Cant say you dont know what you are going to get :)
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 12:50 PM BST
Jamie on the runner up.
Report wondersobright July 22, 2020 12:51 PM BST
stick a line through all his rides would be my advice
changing subject monster ban required on the 3rd imo
Report tanglefoot July 22, 2020 12:52 PM BST
Sad
Report dave1357 July 22, 2020 2:55 PM BST
no spencer on that one for simcock
Report wondersobright July 22, 2020 4:53 PM BST
absolutely horrific

again
Report ashleigh July 22, 2020 4:54 PM BST
last to 2nd.Whoops
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 4:54 PM BST
Glentoby will love that Grin
Report Too Easy July 22, 2020 4:54 PM BST
he really is a plank
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 4:55 PM BST
You can't say he left it too much to do Ash if it were good enough it would have gone on , did get a bit up but not strong enough near line.
Report bilbobaggins July 22, 2020 4:56 PM BST
Was taken across the track - stewards?. Spencer appalling though - best horse by a mile.
Report The Management July 22, 2020 4:56 PM BST
Love
Report wondersobright July 22, 2020 4:56 PM BST
was never in front imo
Report themightymac July 22, 2020 4:57 PM BST
Looked like he was on a dodgem car. Took it all over the place, then went wide and used up all it`s energy catching them up. Hit the front but knackered and nothing left in the tank. Showboating eejit.
Report dr . atkins July 22, 2020 4:57 PM BST
how trainers still suffer him i never know and one thing for sure anyone who bets spencer you cant say nothing bad about him after the race because you know what he is
Report wondersobright July 22, 2020 4:57 PM BST
all that is wrong with racing doc
Report Gordon63 July 22, 2020 4:57 PM BST
death, taxes and jamie spencer off the pace...
Report tanglefoot July 22, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Best horse lost,Spencer couldn’t  find away thru,so had to dart to the centre.Whoops
Report soba July 22, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Should win 3-4 lengths unlucky backers, next time if Franks not on board.
Report stridingedge July 22, 2020 4:58 PM BST
Wonders it looked that way on my box that he went slightly up but didn;t go on.

Whether you blame JS or not is opinion.

But I wouldn't have it that his effort was mistimed on this occasion!
Report wondersobright July 22, 2020 5:00 PM BST
there are any number of decent young jockeys about & yet the clapped out old bangers still keep getting preference, its the definition of insanity
Report themightymac July 22, 2020 5:07 PM BST
If it doesn`t give them 10 lengths start and runs in a straight line it wins easily.
Report Greg_Gory July 23, 2020 10:14 AM BST
onlooker LaughLaugh
Report differentdrum July 23, 2020 10:23 AM BST
Plenty of squiggle merchants in the weighing room but none of them lose ground deliberately at the start as often as he does.

If there is a strong pace the tactic MIGHT work (whether it is at Ascot or anywhere else) but chances are if there isn't it will end in disaster. He has spent a career failing to grasp that idea and the media haven't gone anywhere near it choosing instead to hail him as some sort of genius.
Report muzzle July 23, 2020 12:33 PM BST
backed horses for 40 years never seen more frustrating jockey ever,only ever want to lay his mounts now
Report racing6699 July 23, 2020 12:55 PM BST
Yes he is someone lovable and adds a bit of humour to proceedings - in the sense of you know what is going to happen and it inevitably does. Plus its hilarious seeing the commentators fawn over him like he is some sort of genius - where as the reality is he loses far more than he wins due to his tactics. Like someone said him as your jockey you know what you are going to get, so its predictable - and you rely on luck - for strong pace, for luck in running etc... its sometimes factored into the price of his mounts sometimes not - thats the key to punting him as jockey - as also he throws the odd curve-ball by front running occasionally - but hes virtually never midfield. For me i virtually never back him as its pretty rare last to first wins especially on soft ground - i think soft ground or tight tracks with short straights you should avoid backing him, long galloping straights then its different story
Report ashleigh July 26, 2020 5:34 PM BST
is that right, jamie is back injured again?
Report differentdrum July 26, 2020 8:09 PM BST
I think he ruptured something laughing at how bad he was.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com