Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GEORGE.B
09 Jul 20 15:38
| Topic/replies: 48,560 | Blogger: GEORGE.B's blog
The fact they were pulling in behind him and all 6 were bunched 2f out tells me he got the fractions wrong - they were too soft!

Watch Wayne Lordan win on this horse at Limerick, he never gave the horse a moment's peace and all the horse did stay and gallop and the further he went the stronger he looked.
Pause Switch to Standard View Poor from Ryan Moore imo
Show More
Report 1st time poster July 9, 2020 2:44 PM BST
OTHER than the tiddlywink world champion,the worlds most unrecognisable  champion sportsmen whilst in action
Report sally skindivers July 9, 2020 2:48 PM BST
Poor ride .
Report lapsy pa July 9, 2020 3:08 PM BST
Not disagreeing,but the horse was in a fair state,very sweaty on a cool day.
Report GEORGE.B July 9, 2020 3:13 PM BST
I'm not trying to detract from the winner who's obviously done it well, but as I said, they were pulling in behind and 2f out they're in a heap, plus the time looks ordinary comparatively, and it all suggests Moore has set soft fractions and allowed it to become a sprint.

Which is surprising when you watch how this was ridden at Limerick an what a stout stayer he looked.
Report FELTFAIR July 9, 2020 7:41 PM BST
At Limerick Dawn Rising covered 12 furlongs on good ground carrying 9-7 at an average 13.2 seconds per furlong. At Newmarket Dawn Rising covered 13 furlongs on good to soft ground carrying 9-1 at an average 12.7 seconds per furlong.

So I would suggest the pace set at Newmarket was quicker than at Limerick and would have been sufficient to win the Newmarket race except a far superior horse was in the race.
Report GEORGE.B July 9, 2020 9:40 PM BST
Not convinced it was good to soft on times, probably more good at that point before the rain got in, and on comparable times furlong per furlong, for a Group 3 it was modest relative to some of the lesser races on the card.

But you somewhat defeat your own argument by acknowledging at Limerick he was carrying 6lb more, and I'd suggest it's far from an exact science trying to compare times at different courses on different days, particularly when different weights were being carried.

Really, you need the sectionals rather an average furlong time to try and gauge the pace scenario of the race.

I'll tell you what was fact, 2f out they were in a bunch, usually a surefire indicator the fractions had been modest up to that point imo.

Whatever, the future will tell us more.
Report punchestown July 9, 2020 10:07 PM BST
Think Moore is on a downward curve but I couldn't fault that ride.Thought he gave it every chance.
Report G Hall July 9, 2020 10:09 PM BST
Thread title is hardly breaking news
Report know all July 10, 2020 9:12 AM BST
he has been terrible at judging pace in longish distance races for quite a while now its a skill he does not have like some others who are good at it
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com