Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
themightymac
03 Jul 20 20:15
| Topic/replies: 30,854 | Blogger: themightymac's blog
Thosesaysaregone is 6/4 with bookies but 6/1 on here????? now back to 5/1+
Show More
Report themightymac July 3, 2020 8:17 PM BST
Was going to bet it at 3.0 but glad I didn`t. Shocked
Report Kriskin July 3, 2020 8:18 PM BST
Something not right.  1.7 and bigger in the place market which to me is a steal in normal circumstances.  I've gone in BIG.  I will take my chance
Report themightymac July 3, 2020 8:20 PM BST
7/1 after half a furlong. 9/1 now after 3f. 11/1 after 4f.
Report themightymac July 3, 2020 8:21 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report themightymac July 3, 2020 8:22 PM BST
Stitch up. Not laughing at you Kris. Sad
Report racing6699 July 3, 2020 8:22 PM BST
ahahahahahahahahaha
Report racing6699 July 3, 2020 8:23 PM BST
Irish racing at its best
Report Latalomne July 3, 2020 8:23 PM BST
16 bans coming up
Report geoff m July 3, 2020 8:24 PM BST
Unbelievable TMM. They knew.LaughLaugh
Report knoxville July 3, 2020 8:24 PM BST
ah here.....
what a farce
Report mukdahan July 3, 2020 8:24 PM BST
charlie must have been laying it to the hilt son rode it to perfection joke of a race.
Report Barton Bank July 3, 2020 8:25 PM BST
Fixed race, that. No doubt.
Report Kriskin July 3, 2020 8:25 PM BST
The biggest non buzzer one ever saw.  As stated above was 5/4 and bigger in the place market from after 2 furlongs
Report granitjack July 3, 2020 8:26 PM BST
One of the most bent races ever......
Report carrot1960 July 3, 2020 8:26 PM BST
Can't wait to hear what Charles Byrnes excuse will be for that joke of a ride only backed the horse at 2.68 seeing as the money appeared to be down , the late drift says they were not the least bit interested in winning and the ride just confirmed it.
Report Bellamy Road July 3, 2020 8:27 PM BST
a good ole fashioned jockeys race
Report knoxville July 3, 2020 8:28 PM BST
that wasnt a race
even jj codd was looking around embarrassed about how it unfolded
Report MJK July 3, 2020 8:29 PM BST
Seemed to go a fair gallop. Interesting to see the time compared to standard.
Report Kriskin July 3, 2020 8:29 PM BST
The 2nd fav's ride was much worse than The Shunter earlier in the week.
Report racing6699 July 3, 2020 8:29 PM BST
alot of horses 'ridden patiently'
Report granitjack July 3, 2020 8:30 PM BST
Correct Kriskin - and that is saying a lot!!!!
Report Movewiththetimes July 3, 2020 9:39 PM BST
134G Bettystown (Q.R.) M'dn
The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of The Jam Man, ridden by Mr R.M.P. McNally, and trained by Ronan M.P. McNally. Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned. Mr R.M.P. McNally, stated that his mount had broken slowly from stalls the last day and had done so again today. He felt that the strong pace might reduce in the back straight which would allow him to close the deficit gradually. He added that in the back straight his charges wind was not that clear and he did not get stuck into his mount from thereon. He confirmed that his charge had returned from the Cheltenham festival a very sick horse having burst badly while racing there. The horse was subsequently found to be unwell on veterinary examination at his premises. He added that he took advice from D.J. O'Keeffe who rode the animal the last day at Gowran Park that the animal had lost interest in flat racing but he tried him again today with cheek pieces fitted to see if he could rekindle his interest. Overall he was very disappointed with the run. He was unable to advise the Stewards of a plan for the near future but thought that a hurdle race at Galway might be considered and that Sean Flanagan had schooled him recently. The Stewards also received a report from the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer who stated that The Jam Man was post race normal. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanation offered but did inform Mr R.M.P. McNally that a repeat of such a poor performance by The Jam Man under the code of Rules of Racing may render the animal liable to a lengthy suspension from races under this code. Furthermore the Stewards cautioned Mr R.M.P McNally for failing to report under Rule 213(ii) anything that may have affected his horses performance.

Mr P. Byrnes, rider of Thosedaysaregone trained by C.Byrnes, reported to the Clerk of Scales that his mount was flat out throughout this race.

The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer examined Thosedaysaregone, trained by C.Byrnes, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal.

What a Joke one of the worst I've seen even time was 2 secs slower than standard
Report carrot1960 July 3, 2020 9:47 PM BST
He never moved a muscle until they turned in , and Shergar could not have caught the winner from where he was flat out my ar-se
Report chuckles July 4, 2020 11:05 AM BST
The lucky ones " In the Know " who new Thosedaysaregone was'nt going to be trying not even for a Place position have done well out of this blatant stopping job.
Report workrider July 4, 2020 1:14 PM BST
I backed the winner who was the class horse of the race, for my money it was a 2 horse race , the possibilities that the other horse might think twice of bursting a gut made my decision easier. I was told from a very good source last year that the winner was a very good horse. As soon as the stalls opened I started to walk towards the bookies after 2 furlongs I was handing in my ticket...Laugh
Report MJK July 4, 2020 1:19 PM BST

Jul 3, 2020 -- 3:39PM, Movewiththetimes wrote:

134G Bettystown (Q.R.) M'dnThe Stewards enquired into the running and riding of The Jam Man, ridden by Mr R.M.P. McNally, and trained by Ronan M.P. McNally. Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned. Mr R.M.P. McNally, stated that his mount had broken slowly from stalls the last day and had done so again today. He felt that the strong pace might reduce in the back straight which would allow him to close the deficit gradually. He added that in the back straight his charges wind was not that clear and he did not get stuck into his mount from thereon. He confirmed that his charge had returned from the Cheltenham festival a very sick horse having burst badly while racing there. The horse was subsequently found to be unwell on veterinary examination at his premises. He added that he took advice from D.J. O'Keeffe who rode the animal the last day at Gowran Park that the animal had lost interest in flat racing but he tried him again today with cheek pieces fitted to see if he could rekindle his interest. Overall he was very disappointed with the run. He was unable to advise the Stewards of a plan for the near future but thought that a hurdle race at Galway might be considered and that Sean Flanagan had schooled him recently. The Stewards also received a report from the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer who stated that The Jam Man was post race normal. Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanation offered but did inform Mr R.M.P. McNally that a repeat of such a poor performance by The Jam Man under the code of Rules of Racing may render the animal liable to a lengthy suspension from races under this code. Furthermore the Stewards cautioned Mr R.M.P McNally for failing to report under Rule 213(ii) anything that may have affected his horses performance.Mr P. Byrnes, rider of Thosedaysaregone trained by C.Byrnes, reported to the Clerk of Scales that his mount was flat out throughout this race.The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer examined Thosedaysaregone, trained by C.Byrnes, at the request of the Stewards and reported the animal to be post race normal.What a Joke one of the worst I've seen even time was 2 secs slower than standard

The fact that he was easing down a long way out would suggest to me the 2 secs over standard was actually a very fast time

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com