Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
24 Jun 20 16:34
| Topic/replies: 14,131 | Blogger: Betfair Customer Services's blog
We are pleased to announce we will shortly be releasing updated versions of some of the bet reporting pages within myaccount.betfair.com on our desktop site.
The pages we will be updating are:
-       Current Bets (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/currentbe...)
-       Betting History (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/bettinghi...)
-       Profit & Loss (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/profitand...)
-       Account Statement (myaccount.betfair.com/summary/accountsta...)
We are making the change to improve the reliability and performance of our site by upgrading some of the legacy technology within the Exchange platform.
Our aim has been to rebuild the pages like-for-like, meaning you should have an uninterrupted experience as you switch from old to new. We have though removed some of the broken functionality from the old pages, to reduce clutter and provide an easier to use bet tracking experience.
If you do encounter issues with these new pages, please do contact us via support.betfair.com/app/contact_us/ or via the Site Feedback thread within the Forum, and we will endeavour to resolve the problem.
We will update this thread again in advance of affecting the changes described.
Pause Switch to Standard View Exchange Bet Reporting Pages -...
Show More
Report onlooker June 24, 2020 4:52 PM BST
Thank you.

Can you NOW please Attend to the CURRENT Bet PLACEMENT ISSUES on the Main Betting Site MARKETS and BET SLIP - along with similar ISSUES with the API.

Most of us would consider THIS to be FAR MORE IMPORTANT.
Report onlooker June 24, 2020 4:59 PM BST
^   add -

For your Information ... Kindly read this Thread - started several DAYS AGO...

Intermittent DELAY in Bets DISPLAYING - Matched or otherwise  onlooker 23 Jun 20 18:26

The DELAY in Bets showing up - as ANYTHING, either Matched or still  To Be Matched - in the BET SLIP Frame is most disturbing.

Sometimes, or quite often, actually  - usually when you are placing a Bet/Lay just before, or just after the SUSPEND ...

The BET SLIP displays either a 'Spinning Clock' - and/or then reverts to the PRE-Bet BLANK display

NOTHING displays as Green/Red under the Horse NAME, in the Market ... whether it is - Pending - or MATCHED - or not ... sometimes for 10 seconds or,longer - sometimes you need to Change Markets, in order to trigger it.

'Change Markets' ....

That takes us back to the ... 'WHERE IS EVERYBODY?'  -ERROR 404 era. Sad

The site is definitely NOT FULLY functional.  Cry
Report The Management June 24, 2020 5:21 PM BST
The engine has blown up Blush

But we are planning to super-glue one of the wing mirrors back on! CryWhoops
Report Wesdag June 24, 2020 5:28 PM BST
Aye Plain
Report TedButler June 24, 2020 5:29 PM BST
It's infuriating, all seems to have come about since you added the stuff that nobody wants to see to the race video's.
Report onlooker June 25, 2020 2:28 PM BST
^  ttt
Report top2rated June 25, 2020 2:45 PM BST
Report top2rated June 25, 2020 2:45 PM BST
Whoops!

Sorry, wrong thread.
Report sparrow June 25, 2020 5:45 PM BST
The return of Customer Services to it's own forum but for how long I wonder?
Report john92 June 25, 2020 5:52 PM BST
You've got more important problems than this which you should be having open threads on
Report impossible123 June 25, 2020 8:55 PM BST
What about the 'Chit-Chat page? Will it return from mothballed or be resurrected?
Report Lee Ho Fooks June 26, 2020 8:29 AM BST
I'd like to see a new market for when a race is off rather than the switching of a pre-off market to in running. I'm puzzled at the recent BSP dividends which recently have bordered on farcical at times (Hey Jonesy a shocker)
Report longbridge June 26, 2020 8:49 AM BST
@lee ho fooks

"I'd like to see a new market for when a race is off rather than the switching of a pre-off market to in running."

Why?  What does that give anyone?  It takes a fair bit away.
Report sparrow June 26, 2020 9:01 AM BST
Why are you puzzled at the recent BSP dividends, Lee?
Report Lee Ho Fooks June 26, 2020 9:02 AM BST
Long - it doesn't take anything away as there would be an extra market. And who knows if there is a link between instability and the switching from pre-race to in running when you are using a single market to accommodate both.
Report longbridge June 26, 2020 9:26 AM BST
@L F H

An extra market takes away liquidity - either the available money is being put up in the current in-play market (the pre-play turned in-play) or in your new in-play-only market - it cannot be in both.

And if you mean (apologies if I don't quite understand you) that the current market should not turn in-play, and only your new in-play market should exist, then you are taking away the ability to take an early position to trade out in-running.

Sorry, I really cannot see any advantage.
Report Lee Ho Fooks June 26, 2020 9:38 AM BST
Would you consider the very slight reduction in liquidity when in play a good trade off if by having separate markets the site was made more stable as a result? I'm no expert (far from it) but there's a major problem on the site at 3.00 every Saturday afternoon which BF seem unable to patch. What if the instability is caused by all the football matches going in-play at around the same time? For this reason they should do away with switching and give separate markets a try imo
Report Llamedos June 26, 2020 10:28 AM BST
onlooker24 Jun 20 16:59Joined: 18 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 33,848 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
^   add -

For your Information ... Kindly read this Thread - started several DAYS AGO...

Intermittent DELAY in Bets DISPLAYING - Matched or otherwise  onlooker 23 Jun 20 18:26

The DELAY in Bets showing up - as ANYTHING, either Matched or still  To Be Matched - in the BET SLIP Frame is most disturbing.

Sometimes, or quite often, actually  - usually when you are placing a Bet/Lay just before, or just after the SUSPEND ...

The BET SLIP displays either a 'Spinning Clock' - and/or then reverts to the PRE-Bet BLANK display

NOTHING displays as Green/Red under the Horse NAME, in the Market ... whether it is - Pending - or MATCHED - or not ... sometimes for 10 seconds or,longer - sometimes you need to Change Markets, in order to trigger it.

'Change Markets' ....

That takes us back to the ... 'WHERE IS EVERYBODY?'  -ERROR 404 era. Sad

The site is definitely NOT FULLY functional.

Onlooker I have been having exactly the same problems, especially on the Golf markets. I have tried explaining this to the Befair Chat people, they told me it was something they couldn't deal with, they gave me the KYC E mail address, who keep sending me an automated reply telling me to contact Betfair Chat. I've given up on them and just hope it comes out in the wash at some stage. I've got Peter Jackson the CEO's address and if I have time I might fire off a letter to him. It is just a waste of time trying to deal with Betfair Customer services unless it is a query on an individual bet.
Report peckerdunne July 6, 2020 12:10 PM BST
when you click into a race page it comes up halfway down the field meaning you cant see the first 3/4 runners without scrolling, a definite nuisance to add to all the other ones.
Report devilsadvocate July 6, 2020 12:25 PM BST

Jul 6, 2020 -- 12:10PM, peckerdunne wrote:

when you click into a race page it comes up halfway down the field meaning you cant see the first 3/4 runners without scrolling, a definite nuisance to add to all the other ones.

Yes...you can add that one to the list!

Report RothmanMike July 6, 2020 3:34 PM BST
I suggest you go over these helpful Customer Services people's heads , and call in Montrachet on here to get anything done.
He got hold of the CEO Peter Jackson, and a major on-going problem (lasting over 2 months), and it was sorted
within 24 hours.
Report sparrow July 6, 2020 5:21 PM BST
RothmanMike 06 Jul 20 15:34 
I suggest you go over these helpful Customer Services people's heads , and call in Montrachet on here to get anything done.

montrachet 20 May 20 17:12 
Hi guys ...keep your fingers crossed but i think its solved .Behind the scenes i got the CEO of Flutter Peter Jackson to intervene and kick some butt and with the help of a guy called Alan Loughrey .I have been told they fixed it a few minutes ago and mine is now working fine  Hope yours is working as it should .
Peter jackson should be commended cos he took my criticisms and explanations  seriously and most big comppany CEO's dont
Report loper July 20, 2020 9:43 PM BST
The Betting Activity Profit & Loss Page has changed its format today and now cant report anything older than a week ago, despite having the options to report on the last 30 days and the the last 3 months.

Why oh why do they phuck about with things that have always worked perfectly???!!!
Report indiaoscar July 21, 2020 1:28 AM BST
Profit an loss  - where are the race distances and types??? I need the data for stats.
Report jamee1 July 21, 2020 1:42 AM BST

Jul 21, 2020 -- 1:28AM, indiaoscar wrote:

Profit an loss

Report jamee1 July 21, 2020 1:46 AM BST

Jul 21, 2020 -- 1:28AM, indiaoscar wrote:

Profit an loss

Report jamee1 July 21, 2020 1:49 AM BST
Also missing the countries.

Also you have to cycle through every page of history one by one to find the one you need.

Also the amount of data you can bring back has been significantly reduced. I traded over 1000 markets last week but this report only brings back 170.

Also the individual market screens now show the odds requested rather than the odds matched.
Report The Management July 21, 2020 8:38 AM BST
The Management24 Jun 20 17:21Joined: 27 Dec 00 | Topic/replies: 2,582 | Blogger: The Management's blog
The engine has blown up But we are planning to super-glue one of the wing mirrors back on!

For info - It appears that you have stuck the wing mirror back.... on the wrong side of the vehicle! BlushCryWhoops
Report dave1357 July 21, 2020 9:31 AM BST
So from the original post

Our aim has been to rebuild the pages like-for-like, meaning you should have an uninterrupted experience as you switch from old to new.

How can anyone be so incompetent?  This wasn't a confusing goal.  It is like saying "Our aim is to buy a new horse to replace the old horse" and coming back with a wheelbarrow.
Report dave1357 July 21, 2020 9:35 AM BST
Also from the OP

We will update this thread again in advance of affecting the changes described.

Which didn't happen.
Report dustybin July 21, 2020 10:46 AM BST
They have reverted back again (perhaps for the time being?)
Why change the naming conventions that users have programmes and spreadsheets built around?
The course abreviations for one, it's not as though there are a raft of new courses being introduced that might conflict.

If bf are to change them, are they going to be full track names, or do we have to guess?
Report loper July 21, 2020 2:04 PM BST
Can Betfair please explain why they needed to 'upgrade' something that has always worked satisfactorily?
Report dave1357 July 21, 2020 2:26 PM BST
tbf you don't know that. It might sometimes cause problems that you are unaware of.  What is a problem is to state that the pages would be rebuilt "like-for-like" and then patently deviate from that.
Report mt66 July 23, 2020 8:18 AM BST
Been using Betfair since it’s early days and I have to say it has been getting progressively worse especially in the last 12-18 months.

Here’s an example from only last night (Weds 22nd July) that centred around the 6.30 at Catterick.

Having switched on my laptop as the runners were circling behind the stalls I decided to place a BTL on the favourite using Betangel. All of the runners including the one that it transpires was a non-runner,  were still being traded on. I placed my back at 2.0 with a lay at 20%.

Now here is where Betfair have it absolutely WRONG in my humble opinion.

I was blissfully unaware of any non-runner as stated earlier until after the race. When it emerged there was a non-runner (I have since found out that the horse was declared a non-runner 10 minutes before the official off time I may add so plenty of time to reform your market Betfair and not allow punters to trade on a false and inaccurate market!!!!).

The upshot of it all was that Betfair decided that after the race had finished they would alter my back bet to reflect the Rule 4 from 2.0 to 1.3 but as I had automatically set a lay pre-race at 1.6 I was stuffed. In the end instead of a small profit I made a significant loss.

Warning to fellow traders: be very aware of late withdrawals if you are using a BTL strategy because these bunch of cowboys at Betfair will sting you no matter. I tried talking with a Betfair CS advisor about this problem but kept receiving the same dumbo responses!!! Customer service is third world standard Betfair. It needs to be better.

Any suggestions on the best alternative to Betfair? I have just about had a bellyful of the Betfair bullshit and arrogance.

Cheers
Report dustybin July 24, 2020 9:16 AM BST
Can the betfair robot please tell me where I now can download my daily betting information P/L account that shows information of race type and distance (as well as date and course) like it always has done, please?
Report d* July 24, 2020 10:14 AM BST
ditto
Report Betfair Customer Services July 24, 2020 12:03 PM BST
Hi there,

We have recently released an updated version of the Profit & Loss page within myaccount.betfair.com on our desktop site. This change has been made to improve the reliability and performance of our site by upgrading some of the legacy technology within the Exchange platform.

We are aware of the issues you have raised in this thread and are addressing them as quickly as possible. Currently, there are some limitations to the amount of data the page is able to load, which is preventing high volume customers from accessing their 3-month P&L. We estimate these limits to be at approximately ~10,000 bets, ~1,000 markets. We are working to improve this as quickly as possible.

We are also aware of the issues around the field information displayed for racing changing, and the removal of page navigation functionality. These issues are also high in our priorities and will be addressed as soon as we have fixed the loading issues.

In the meantime, if you are encountering issues loading your 3-month P&L, please consider doing so in 1-month intervals. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Report kjansch July 27, 2020 5:44 PM BST
hi

the profit and loss section is no longer displaying bets properly

it is dsiplaying bets at average odds only e.g.you lay a horse and it displays  40 @ 5.67 as the lay  when  that lay is an average of prices with different amounts at different prices.
You can no longer see all the pries matched and the amounts involved.

thats just un acceptable
Report dustybin July 30, 2020 1:32 PM BST
Anybody working on this?
Report big aitch August 6, 2020 9:36 AM BST
Trading charts on all the horses doesn't work anymore, all that you can see is how low it went
Report kjansch August 6, 2020 6:01 PM BST
hi

the profit and loss section is no longer displaying bets properly

it is dsiplaying bets at average odds only e.g.you lay a horse and it displays  40 @ 5.67 as the lay  when  that lay is an average of prices with different amounts at different prices.
You can no longer see all the pries matched and the amounts involved.

thats just un acceptable
Report Ghetto Joe August 10, 2020 1:54 PM BST
Seems to have been fixed to allow more than 1000 markets for the betting pnl page.
Report The Management August 10, 2020 1:56 PM BST
Maybe Joe - but still get this if requesting last 3 months - There were no results for that report query
Report Escapee August 10, 2020 2:01 PM BST
Completely Broken for me today... I can't get anythingSad

10-Aug-2020 13:59
Period:    
Just for Today

(relates to event settlement date)

2020-08-10 00:00

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)     to    
2020-08-10 13:59

(yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm)   
There were no results for that report query
Report The Management August 10, 2020 2:10 PM BST
Same here Escapee - no results no matter what the query!
Report Ghetto Joe August 10, 2020 2:39 PM BST
Seems fine here, maybe log out and try again or a different browser. I can get back to 10 May and that's around 15,000 markets.
Report Escapee August 10, 2020 3:32 PM BST
I contacted Customer service... clear cookies etc.... it seems to have cured the zero results problem

But I have now noticed another issue:

I have 2 pages of greyhound P&L and 40+ pages of Horse racing P&L

but because it defaults to greyhound P&L, when I switch to Horse racing, I can only access 2 pages

e.g. after switching to Horse racing, I get this ( actual PnL data removed )

Showing 1 - 20 of 1730 markets

Pages: 1  2
Jump to page: 
   Go
Report alecr August 10, 2020 4:11 PM BST
P&L still no info after reboot and deleting cookie??????
Report Betfair Customer Services August 11, 2020 10:14 AM BST
Firstly, we’d like to thank you for your patience whilst we have been working on the new bet reporting pages. Yesterday we released numerous fixes for the Profit & Loss page which will solve for the majority of issues that have been raised. All customers should now be able to retrieve their 3-month P&L, as well as having the ability to navigate between pages in the same way they could previously. If you are encountering problems loading your P&L, please clear your cache and try again. If problems persist, please get in touch so that we can take some more details and investigate.

We are aware that there is still more to be done, both on the Profit & Loss page, and the other bet reporting pages. As mentioned in the previous post, our next priority is fixing the way in which racing field information is displayed in the Profit & Loss and Betting History pages. We are also looking to improve pagination across all pages amongst other smaller fixes.

Please be assured that we are capturing all of your feedback and working on delivering against it. Thank you again for your patience
Report The Management August 11, 2020 10:55 AM BST
Thanks for the update - I can confirm it is now working for me - to the same extent as it was before you broke it! Cry
Report duffy August 11, 2020 3:53 PM BST
We can assume that you asked Gary from Gruss how to fix itLaugh
Report brians August 17, 2020 8:29 AM BST
I may be repeating others on here but recently the race page have changed for the worse for me. First , the in running prices used to change continually as the race was running, now they update every 5 secs or so , I can now never get the price on show. Secondly when I place a bet it used to show the effect it would have on other bets in the race BEFORE I confirmed it so I could check my position. Now I am guessing .
Any ideas , is it me ,or BF.?
Report Ghetto Joe August 17, 2020 3:27 PM BST
At the far right of the betting screen there's a dropdown link that says, Settings, Brians. You probably just need to change the setting under main to include the what if figures and change the refresh rate under the Betting option
Report brians August 17, 2020 6:26 PM BST
Thank you Ghetto. Appreciate that ,will let you know.
Report brians August 17, 2020 6:36 PM BST
Hey . It worked . Cheers Ghetto !
Report PAT'S PLAYTHING August 18, 2020 10:01 AM BST
In The last 60 minutes( I have placed lay bets for less than £2 before an hour ago this morning--so I know it has just changed) Betfair have stopped anybody having a lay bet for less than £2--for the smaller punter this is penny pinching, and will stop me betting with them

---£2 at 60.00--is too much for me to risk but 50p I could do--now I must lay it at 60.00 for £2 --and hope I can back it at 60.00 for £1.50 to end up with the same position.
Report Virgin August 18, 2020 10:02 AM BST
Hello Plain

My KEEP BETS have changed to CANCEL when market goes in running when Betfair remove a non-runner they apply a Reduction Factor % but they have also changed my bet so that my keep bets get cancelled

Furthermore if I notice this has happened I can't simply re-tick the KEEP box I have to cancel the previous bet and then place it again before it re-applies the KEEP part of my bet.

Shall I just send you my money and you can choose black or red for me. Crazy
Report PAT'S PLAYTHING August 18, 2020 10:06 AM BST
Copy of lay bet I placed early this morning--I cannot do this now--BETFAIR policy

Bronte Girl

£10.00
Ref: 208675212533
Submitted: 05:05 18-Aug-20
Report PAT'S PLAYTHING August 18, 2020 10:20 AM BST
Farcical--all these lay bets are listed on my (unmatched) on my account--BUT when I click on them to go to the race

THEY ARE NOT SHOWING

so I am unaware that I have these bets and cannot cancel ??

Betfair you have made a change and it does not work ?

18-Aug-20
10:15:39    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208684105382    Lay    24.00    2.00    --    46.00
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
10:15:09    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208684082678    Lay    15.00    2.00    --    28.00
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:36:19    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682822193    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:30:48    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682660675    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:30:19    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682646811    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:30:04    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682638927    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:29:52    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682632571    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
18-Aug-20
09:29:39    14:00 Beverley
Hezanarab - 5f Hcap
Betfair Bet ID 1:208682625594    Lay    1.01    2.00    --    0.02
Unmatched
Report Virgin August 18, 2020 10:43 AM BST

Jul 24, 2020 -- 12:03PM, Betfair Customer Services wrote:

The contents of this post have been hidden for this blocked user.               

[Manage blocked users]

July 24th last BETFAIR response Laugh they are just rounding up the trouble - makers Laugh

Report PeteTheBloke August 20, 2020 7:48 PM BST
Paging on Exchange Current Bets and Account Statement is vital. Please bring it back as soon as possible.
Report indiaoscar August 20, 2020 9:37 PM BST
When will full details on profit and loss report be returned?
Report elise August 21, 2020 2:46 PM BST
most likely the answer is foxtrotoscar
Report Big Boss September 1, 2020 11:39 AM BST
the biggest issue on the whole of the site STILL needs addressing..............

a) you back a horse in exchange win market pre race

b) you put a lower keep bet in for in running purposes

c) you are not online and unable to watch the horses load, the race start

d) a late withdrawal not taken out of the exchange in running market when it goes in play

e) reduction factor applied to pre race bet, NOT keep bet
Report PeteTheBloke September 1, 2020 8:50 PM BST
Still desperately need a paging link at the foot of all the report pages.

Also need a filter to show BF Txn charges, commission and PC on the transactions report.
Report Betfair Customer Services September 7, 2020 5:15 PM BST
Hi there,
We would like to thank you again for your patience whilst we have been working through your feedback on the bet reporting pages.
Today, a release has gone out to solve for several of the issues raised. On the Profit & Loss and Betting History pages, racing market information should now be displayed in the way it was prior to the rebuild. On the Profit & Loss page, we have also addressed a bug causing the number of lines available across all sports to be limited by the number of lines loaded for the default sport. Also, across all four pages, you should now find appropriate pagination. A number of smaller fixes were also included in the release.
We are continuing to document and work through issues as they are being raised and will have further news regarding development work carried out on these pages in the future.
Thank you.
Report Big Boss September 7, 2020 5:19 PM BST
Thanks BCM, hopefully we'll get a further update before an asteroid strikes the earth and destroys it
Report fatboy September 9, 2020 10:45 AM BST
Hi i have just read your update on the changes to the reporting pages can you confirm exactly what the final format you are aiming for?
The original format for an exported Greyhound race was
"Greyhound Racing / Sheff 8th Sep : A7 500m" and then it changed to
"Greyhound Racing / 18:28 Central Park : Win" and now it has changed back to the first version as you understand lots of us use the data in other spreadsheets and the changes make it hard for us if you could confirm either which type of format you are going to use or when you expect the final settled format will be available that would be very helpful.
Report chavman September 13, 2020 6:34 PM BST
big boss...something id like to share with you..

The mass of all the objects of the asteroid belt, lying between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, is estimated to be in the range of (2.8–3.2)×1021 kg, about 4% of the mass of the Moon.

but then you probably already knew that mate
Report SeaTheCash September 14, 2020 7:12 PM BST
What happened to the GB / Wolv 14th Sep/ 18:20 1m Hcap Reverse Forecast market - all my best disappeared after the race had finished - including my winning one??
Report Big Boss September 15, 2020 5:00 PM BST
yeah I know all that Chavman Laugh

in all seriousness, is it me, or are certain parts of the Betfair site (including forum, Tote pages, price history graphs) starting to show errors and slowdown, I assume this has something to do with removal of support for flash and introduction of HTML5.

Can Betfair Customer Services throw any light on what they are doing to support the migration of important facets of the Betfair site to the new software ????
Report delboy23 October 27, 2020 6:21 AM GMT
What is going on with the refresh button? In the last few days, it just stays frozen for a few seconds during the race and it changes everything.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com