Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
24 Jun 20 17:34
| Topic/replies: 14,134 | Blogger: Betfair Customer Services's blog
We are pleased to announce we will shortly be releasing updated versions of some of the bet reporting pages within myaccount.betfair.com on our desktop site.
The pages we will be updating are:
-       Current Bets (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/currentbe...)
-       Betting History (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/bettinghi...)
-       Profit & Loss (myaccount.betfair.com/activity/profitand...)
-       Account Statement (myaccount.betfair.com/summary/accountsta...)
We are making the change to improve the reliability and performance of our site by upgrading some of the legacy technology within the Exchange platform.
Our aim has been to rebuild the pages like-for-like, meaning you should have an uninterrupted experience as you switch from old to new. We have though removed some of the broken functionality from the old pages, to reduce clutter and provide an easier to use bet tracking experience.
If you do encounter issues with these new pages, please do contact us via support.betfair.com/app/contact_us/ or via the Site Feedback thread within the Forum, and we will endeavour to resolve the problem.
We will update this thread again in advance of affecting the changes described.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 77
By:
onlooker
When: 24 Jun 20 17:52
Thank you.

Can you NOW please Attend to the CURRENT Bet PLACEMENT ISSUES on the Main Betting Site MARKETS and BET SLIP - along with similar ISSUES with the API.

Most of us would consider THIS to be FAR MORE IMPORTANT.
By:
onlooker
When: 24 Jun 20 17:59
^   add -

For your Information ... Kindly read this Thread - started several DAYS AGO...

Intermittent DELAY in Bets DISPLAYING - Matched or otherwise  onlooker 23 Jun 20 18:26

The DELAY in Bets showing up - as ANYTHING, either Matched or still  To Be Matched - in the BET SLIP Frame is most disturbing.

Sometimes, or quite often, actually  - usually when you are placing a Bet/Lay just before, or just after the SUSPEND ...

The BET SLIP displays either a 'Spinning Clock' - and/or then reverts to the PRE-Bet BLANK display

NOTHING displays as Green/Red under the Horse NAME, in the Market ... whether it is - Pending - or MATCHED - or not ... sometimes for 10 seconds or,longer - sometimes you need to Change Markets, in order to trigger it.

'Change Markets' ....

That takes us back to the ... 'WHERE IS EVERYBODY?'  -ERROR 404 era. Sad

The site is definitely NOT FULLY functional.  Cry
By:
The Management
When: 24 Jun 20 18:21
The engine has blown up Blush

But we are planning to super-glue one of the wing mirrors back on! CryWhoops
By:
Wesdag
When: 24 Jun 20 18:28
Aye Plain
By:
TedButler
When: 24 Jun 20 18:29
It's infuriating, all seems to have come about since you added the stuff that nobody wants to see to the race video's.
By:
onlooker
When: 25 Jun 20 15:28
^  ttt
By:
top2rated
When: 25 Jun 20 15:45
By:
top2rated
When: 25 Jun 20 15:45
Whoops!

Sorry, wrong thread.
By:
sparrow
When: 25 Jun 20 18:45
The return of Customer Services to it's own forum but for how long I wonder?
By:
john92
When: 25 Jun 20 18:52
You've got more important problems than this which you should be having open threads on
By:
impossible123
When: 25 Jun 20 21:55
What about the 'Chit-Chat page? Will it return from mothballed or be resurrected?
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 26 Jun 20 09:29
I'd like to see a new market for when a race is off rather than the switching of a pre-off market to in running. I'm puzzled at the recent BSP dividends which recently have bordered on farcical at times (Hey Jonesy a shocker)
By:
longbridge
When: 26 Jun 20 09:49
@lee ho fooks

"I'd like to see a new market for when a race is off rather than the switching of a pre-off market to in running."

Why?  What does that give anyone?  It takes a fair bit away.
By:
sparrow
When: 26 Jun 20 10:01
Why are you puzzled at the recent BSP dividends, Lee?
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 26 Jun 20 10:02
Long - it doesn't take anything away as there would be an extra market. And who knows if there is a link between instability and the switching from pre-race to in running when you are using a single market to accommodate both.
By:
longbridge
When: 26 Jun 20 10:26
@L F H

An extra market takes away liquidity - either the available money is being put up in the current in-play market (the pre-play turned in-play) or in your new in-play-only market - it cannot be in both.

And if you mean (apologies if I don't quite understand you) that the current market should not turn in-play, and only your new in-play market should exist, then you are taking away the ability to take an early position to trade out in-running.

Sorry, I really cannot see any advantage.
By:
Lee Ho Fooks
When: 26 Jun 20 10:38
Would you consider the very slight reduction in liquidity when in play a good trade off if by having separate markets the site was made more stable as a result? I'm no expert (far from it) but there's a major problem on the site at 3.00 every Saturday afternoon which BF seem unable to patch. What if the instability is caused by all the football matches going in-play at around the same time? For this reason they should do away with switching and give separate markets a try imo
By:
Llamedos
When: 26 Jun 20 11:28
onlooker24 Jun 20 16:59Joined: 18 Feb 03 | Topic/replies: 33,848 | Blogger: onlooker's blog
^   add -

For your Information ... Kindly read this Thread - started several DAYS AGO...

Intermittent DELAY in Bets DISPLAYING - Matched or otherwise  onlooker 23 Jun 20 18:26

The DELAY in Bets showing up - as ANYTHING, either Matched or still  To Be Matched - in the BET SLIP Frame is most disturbing.

Sometimes, or quite often, actually  - usually when you are placing a Bet/Lay just before, or just after the SUSPEND ...

The BET SLIP displays either a 'Spinning Clock' - and/or then reverts to the PRE-Bet BLANK display

NOTHING displays as Green/Red under the Horse NAME, in the Market ... whether it is - Pending - or MATCHED - or not ... sometimes for 10 seconds or,longer - sometimes you need to Change Markets, in order to trigger it.

'Change Markets' ....

That takes us back to the ... 'WHERE IS EVERYBODY?'  -ERROR 404 era. Sad

The site is definitely NOT FULLY functional.

Onlooker I have been having exactly the same problems, especially on the Golf markets. I have tried explaining this to the Befair Chat people, they told me it was something they couldn't deal with, they gave me the KYC E mail address, who keep sending me an automated reply telling me to contact Betfair Chat. I've given up on them and just hope it comes out in the wash at some stage. I've got Peter Jackson the CEO's address and if I have time I might fire off a letter to him. It is just a waste of time trying to deal with Betfair Customer services unless it is a query on an individual bet.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 06 Jul 20 13:10
when you click into a race page it comes up halfway down the field meaning you cant see the first 3/4 runners without scrolling, a definite nuisance to add to all the other ones.
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 06 Jul 20 13:25

Jul 6, 2020 -- 1:10PM, peckerdunne wrote:

when you click into a race page it comes up halfway down the field meaning you cant see the first 3/4 runners without scrolling, a definite nuisance to add to all the other ones.

Yes...you can add that one to the list!

By:
RothmanMike
When: 06 Jul 20 16:34
I suggest you go over these helpful Customer Services people's heads , and call in Montrachet on here to get anything done.
He got hold of the CEO Peter Jackson, and a major on-going problem (lasting over 2 months), and it was sorted
within 24 hours.
By:
sparrow
When: 06 Jul 20 18:21
RothmanMike 06 Jul 20 15:34 
I suggest you go over these helpful Customer Services people's heads , and call in Montrachet on here to get anything done.

montrachet 20 May 20 17:12 
Hi guys ...keep your fingers crossed but i think its solved .Behind the scenes i got the CEO of Flutter Peter Jackson to intervene and kick some butt and with the help of a guy called Alan Loughrey .I have been told they fixed it a few minutes ago and mine is now working fine  Hope yours is working as it should .
Peter jackson should be commended cos he took my criticisms and explanations  seriously and most big comppany CEO's dont
By:
loper
When: 20 Jul 20 22:43
The Betting Activity Profit & Loss Page has changed its format today and now cant report anything older than a week ago, despite having the options to report on the last 30 days and the the last 3 months.

Why oh why do they phuck about with things that have always worked perfectly???!!!
By:
indiaoscar
When: 21 Jul 20 02:28
Profit an loss  - where are the race distances and types??? I need the data for stats.
By:
jamee1
When: 21 Jul 20 02:42

Jul 21, 2020 -- 2:28AM, indiaoscar wrote:

Profit an loss

By:
jamee1
When: 21 Jul 20 02:46

Jul 21, 2020 -- 2:28AM, indiaoscar wrote:

Profit an loss

By:
jamee1
When: 21 Jul 20 02:49
Also missing the countries.

Also you have to cycle through every page of history one by one to find the one you need.

Also the amount of data you can bring back has been significantly reduced. I traded over 1000 markets last week but this report only brings back 170.

Also the individual market screens now show the odds requested rather than the odds matched.
By:
The Management
When: 21 Jul 20 09:38
The Management24 Jun 20 17:21Joined: 27 Dec 00 | Topic/replies: 2,582 | Blogger: The Management's blog
The engine has blown up But we are planning to super-glue one of the wing mirrors back on!

For info - It appears that you have stuck the wing mirror back.... on the wrong side of the vehicle! BlushCryWhoops
By:
dave1357
When: 21 Jul 20 10:31
So from the original post

Our aim has been to rebuild the pages like-for-like, meaning you should have an uninterrupted experience as you switch from old to new.

How can anyone be so incompetent?  This wasn't a confusing goal.  It is like saying "Our aim is to buy a new horse to replace the old horse" and coming back with a wheelbarrow.
By:
dave1357
When: 21 Jul 20 10:35
Also from the OP

We will update this thread again in advance of affecting the changes described.

Which didn't happen.
By:
dustybin
When: 21 Jul 20 11:46
They have reverted back again (perhaps for the time being?)
Why change the naming conventions that users have programmes and spreadsheets built around?
The course abreviations for one, it's not as though there are a raft of new courses being introduced that might conflict.

If bf are to change them, are they going to be full track names, or do we have to guess?
By:
loper
When: 21 Jul 20 15:04
Can Betfair please explain why they needed to 'upgrade' something that has always worked satisfactorily?
By:
dave1357
When: 21 Jul 20 15:26
tbf you don't know that. It might sometimes cause problems that you are unaware of.  What is a problem is to state that the pages would be rebuilt "like-for-like" and then patently deviate from that.
By:
mt66
When: 23 Jul 20 09:18
Been using Betfair since it’s early days and I have to say it has been getting progressively worse especially in the last 12-18 months.

Here’s an example from only last night (Weds 22nd July) that centred around the 6.30 at Catterick.

Having switched on my laptop as the runners were circling behind the stalls I decided to place a BTL on the favourite using Betangel. All of the runners including the one that it transpires was a non-runner,  were still being traded on. I placed my back at 2.0 with a lay at 20%.

Now here is where Betfair have it absolutely WRONG in my humble opinion.

I was blissfully unaware of any non-runner as stated earlier until after the race. When it emerged there was a non-runner (I have since found out that the horse was declared a non-runner 10 minutes before the official off time I may add so plenty of time to reform your market Betfair and not allow punters to trade on a false and inaccurate market!!!!).

The upshot of it all was that Betfair decided that after the race had finished they would alter my back bet to reflect the Rule 4 from 2.0 to 1.3 but as I had automatically set a lay pre-race at 1.6 I was stuffed. In the end instead of a small profit I made a significant loss.

Warning to fellow traders: be very aware of late withdrawals if you are using a BTL strategy because these bunch of cowboys at Betfair will sting you no matter. I tried talking with a Betfair CS advisor about this problem but kept receiving the same dumbo responses!!! Customer service is third world standard Betfair. It needs to be better.

Any suggestions on the best alternative to Betfair? I have just about had a bellyful of the Betfair bullshit and arrogance.

Cheers
By:
dustybin
When: 24 Jul 20 10:16
Can the betfair robot please tell me where I now can download my daily betting information P/L account that shows information of race type and distance (as well as date and course) like it always has done, please?
By:
d*
When: 24 Jul 20 11:14
ditto
By:
Betfair Customer Services
When: 24 Jul 20 13:03
Hi there,

We have recently released an updated version of the Profit & Loss page within myaccount.betfair.com on our desktop site. This change has been made to improve the reliability and performance of our site by upgrading some of the legacy technology within the Exchange platform.

We are aware of the issues you have raised in this thread and are addressing them as quickly as possible. Currently, there are some limitations to the amount of data the page is able to load, which is preventing high volume customers from accessing their 3-month P&L. We estimate these limits to be at approximately ~10,000 bets, ~1,000 markets. We are working to improve this as quickly as possible.

We are also aware of the issues around the field information displayed for racing changing, and the removal of page navigation functionality. These issues are also high in our priorities and will be addressed as soon as we have fixed the loading issues.

In the meantime, if you are encountering issues loading your 3-month P&L, please consider doing so in 1-month intervals. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.
By:
kjansch
When: 27 Jul 20 18:44
hi

the profit and loss section is no longer displaying bets properly

it is dsiplaying bets at average odds only e.g.you lay a horse and it displays  40 @ 5.67 as the lay  when  that lay is an average of prices with different amounts at different prices.
You can no longer see all the pries matched and the amounts involved.

thats just un acceptable
By:
dustybin
When: 30 Jul 20 14:32
Anybody working on this?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML