Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
driver2
04 Jun 20 08:44
| Topic/replies: 2,400 | Blogger: driver2's blog
Ladbrokes, Corals, Bet Victor, all laying 10-11. Has Christmas come early or do they know something we don't? Pinatubo was 1-3 both times that he met and defeated 2nd fav Arizona comfortably which leaves Kameko the only other challenger on a single digit price.
Having said all that, I'm inclined to believe that he can't win at that kind of price. Can't wait to hear what Charlie's got to say.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 70
By:
Deltâ
When: 04 Jun 20 08:59
All of them might be relying on Pinatubo falling short of the dazzling standards he set last year and Appleby wasn't giving them much cause for optimism on Wednesday as he gave the thumbs up to the favourite's preparation.

"He's done everything right," said Appleby. "I'm very happy with him. He's eating, drinking and looking well. I wouldn't change my script about him from 12 months ago – he just goes out and gets the job done. I can't fault him."
By:
driver2
When: 04 Jun 20 09:19
I missed that Delta, I'm surprised that the layers haven't taken note as C.A. has always struck me as being a pretty honest guy.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 04 Jun 20 10:23
Standard trainer speak, he's hardly going to say he hasn't trained on is he?
By:
tanglefoot
When: 04 Jun 20 10:29
The fact that there hasn’t been much rain,and Pinatubo love give in the ground,should be reason to treat carefully
By:
GAZO
When: 04 Jun 20 10:49
pretty quick ground at the curragh and his best performance
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 04 Jun 20 10:51
You beat me to it Gazo.
By:
layingisthewayforward
When: 04 Jun 20 10:52
Tanglefoot, what makes you say he loves give in the ground? 3 of his 6 wins have been on good, good to firm in places.
By:
tanglefoot
When: 04 Jun 20 10:57
Just an impression I got,maybe I am wrong.
By:
acey deucy
When: 04 Jun 20 12:50
Pinatubo was a natural two year old and i will be very surprised if he hits any heigts as a three year old....I could be talking rubbish but that is what i think.Plain
By:
impossible123
When: 04 Jun 20 12:55
^^
I hope you're wrong. I like to see an outstanding colt this season. Pinatubo apart there does not seem to be any outstanding from last season.
By:
howard
When: 04 Jun 20 12:56
be very surprised if you are not talking rubbish Laugh
By:
dr . atkins
When: 04 Jun 20 12:57
the horse never been one to work like a champion on the gallops so if people been watching it on the gallops they would not have been impressed
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Jun 20 13:03
last year charlie said "he shows very little at home "  if he still shows not a lot at home how would they know if he had trained on or not . if he has improved then its game over but if he has not progressed some of the others may have improved past him.
By:
duffy
When: 04 Jun 20 13:03
If it's a genuine issue about it being a race against time to when the rest catch up with him then Guineas a month later has just helped the rest catch up that little bit more, the old adage that the Guineas is the last 2 year old race of the season doesn't apply this year.

Also wasn't Appleby a bit mealy mouthed a while back in comments he made about the horse training on.?
By:
Angela Rebecchi
When: 04 Jun 20 13:04
Usually look opposing these but don't see any reason to at the prices. Looks the clear best in the field.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Jun 20 13:07
can see where ya coming from angela but the price ? ,bookmakers not known for giving it away.
By:
impossible123
When: 04 Jun 20 13:20
Unless one thinks Pinatubo is unlikely to have trained on Pinatubo is outstanding value, and the good to firm ground is no issue either; the Dewhurst was run on soft ground after a scintillating run in Ireland just 3 weeks before; 2nd fav Arizona prefers softer ground; Kameko is held on a line with Positive.

Wichita for the forecast with the fav (as saver).
By:
driver2
When: 05 Jun 20 09:45
layingisthewayforward 04 Jun 20 10:23 
Standard trainer speak, he's hardly going to say he hasn't trained on is he?

Charlie Appleby is not known for "trainer speak" and is always worth listening to. There has been no better example than yesterday when he was ssked how well his 2 y olds had progressed. They're ok he said, but the fillies are a bit behind the colts! He was spot on and I would imagine many punters, including me, benefitted from the info.
Hopefully he'll give us more "trainer speak" soon!
By:
differentdrum
When: 05 Jun 20 21:46
Seems strange to me that very few bookmakers are betting without the favourite. Do they want business?

Favourite is by far the most likely winner but there is always a chance that he might not reproduce last year's form. He wasn't overly impressive in the Dewhurst but perhaps that was one race too many?

I backed Wichita last season but although he looks the part I can't see him staying. Obviously, Frankie isn't a disadvantage.

I have added Kenzai Warrior four places. His maiden worked out as well as any and he backed it up on different ground. I expect him to give his running but the big question is whether he is good enough.
By:
dr . atkins
When: 05 Jun 20 21:51
even more strange people not mention charlie's other runner in the race i wonder what charlie will say if someone on itv racing would ask him how it been going at home
By:
Schraderbrau
When: 06 Jun 20 05:55
Written in the stars for Charlie and William to win a Guineas, especially with a superstar hoss like Pinatubo. Nothing for me to suggest he wouldn't have trained on, just to what degree? and has any other trained on significantly more over the winter months. Appleby has been pure class for this high profile operation that was tainted by that diQhed Al Zarooni.
By:
driver2
When: 06 Jun 20 06:33
Well said Schraderbrau, Charlie Appleby is pure class!
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Jun 20 11:05
Anyone else think the 8s about the Derby is not bad price? I have already backed the fav before today but I do think the Derby could be his next race if he wins so I have jumped before being pushed. His trainer said today has already earmarked Ghaiyyath for the Eclipse and I really cannot see the Sheikh going for the St James Palace in a couple of weeks time so I do think the Derby is the aim providing everything goes well today.

It is 50 years this year to Nijinsky winning the 2000 Guineas and then the Derby and he was also 8s for the Derby just before the Guineas. Like Pinatubo Nijinsky's first wins were over 6 furlongs and he ended up winning the Dewhurst. Nijinsky was not a certain stayer on breeding but  O'Brien thought he would win the Guineas so trained him for the Derby from the start of is 3 year old career.

I think if he wins today in the style he should that 8's will look pretty big.
By:
saxon farm
When: 06 Jun 20 11:08
No 3 year olds in The Eclipse this year brigust1.
By:
impossible123
When: 06 Jun 20 11:12
Did Appleby not hint if triumphant (today), no Epsom, but St James's Palace; if stuffed Derby/Prince Of Wales/King George would be more likely.
By:
Andrew.in.Sweden
When: 06 Jun 20 11:15
Pinatubo can't run in the Prince Of Wales
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Jun 20 11:49
Are these reasons all not good reasons why the Derby could be next on the agenda? The timing would be right and if they keep him to a mile the next is the Sussex Stakes end of July. If, as some say, the others will catch him up as the season progresses the best thing is to strike early.
By:
Schraderbrau
When: 06 Jun 20 12:02
He's handily enough bred for the Derby but if he wins well today then the St. James Palace, a race neither Appleby or Buick have won, which is a prestigious race in itself, would be the obvious option.
By:
GAZO
When: 06 Jun 20 12:06
the horse would go were the owner wants
By:
Schraderbrau
When: 06 Jun 20 12:09
I think the owner would want the best winning chance of a group 1, which if he does win well today, would be the St. James.
By:
Schraderbrau
When: 06 Jun 20 12:10
all conjecture at the moment of course
By:
brigust1
When: 06 Jun 20 12:37
There is only one Derby. To go to Ascot would not only be pretty quick after today but would rule out Epsom.
By:
tanglefoot
When: 06 Jun 20 14:46
As I suspected,likes more easy in going,will be back on his going
By:
hulk23
When: 06 Jun 20 14:49
ran a great race according to francesca, i'm guessing she didn't have 44 grand on to win 40 ....
By:
howard
When: 06 Jun 20 14:49
Beaten by a very good miler today. Pinatubo should prefer 10f+ and better ground.
By:
carrot1960
When: 06 Jun 20 14:50
Hard to figure who was the most tired late on the horse or buick
By:
Whippin Piccadilly
When: 06 Jun 20 14:51
"Better than Frankel" Laugh
By:
wondersobright
When: 06 Jun 20 14:56
Laugh