Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mind your own B
26 May 20 16:03
| Topic/replies: 76 | Blogger: mind your own B's blog
Would it be possible for you to find out if they are still going ahead AS PLANNED for the start of racing with the fast pics which that they have tested. Thanks
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View CALLING THE BOOTMAN ( Fast Pics on...
Show More
Report thebootman May 26, 2020 7:39 PM BST
I messaged them last week and they plan to start as scheduled at Kempton on June 2nd.
Report tips May 26, 2020 8:38 PM BST
Are these pics available on ruk or just the BLV?
Report mind your own B May 27, 2020 10:54 AM BST
Thanks for the work Bootman
Report thebootman May 27, 2020 12:07 PM BST
Tips - it'll be on Betfair Live Video only as part of the new watch and bet service (you won't need to place a bet to access the stream). Worth noting during the trial you needed to have a Windows 10 operating system as Windows 7 wasn't supported with the new tech.
Report tips May 27, 2020 6:21 PM BST
thanks what is the point of paying for rtv now
Report dustybin May 27, 2020 7:06 PM BST
To use as the standard to time the new bf LV
Report IN RUNNING EXPERT May 27, 2020 7:43 PM BST
surely won't be faster than RTV via satellite?
Report Willie Shafter. May 27, 2020 8:46 PM BST
thebootman 27 May 20 11:07 
Tips - it'll be on Betfair Live Video only as part of the new watch and bet service (you won't need to place a bet to access the stream). Worth noting during the trial you needed to have a Windows 10 operating system as Windows 7 wasn't supported with the new tech.

bootman that was discussed previously,no one had a problem using w7?
Report Willie Shafter. May 27, 2020 8:48 PM BST
IN RUNNING EXPERT 27 May 20 18:43 
surely won't be faster than RTV via satellite?

they dont send it via satellite...they use fibre optic.
Report thurnscoe thunder May 27, 2020 9:12 PM BST
Bootman thanks for the info
Just one thing If it’s part of the new “bet and watch service” why will it be free and you won’t need to place a bet
Report IN RUNNING EXPERT May 27, 2020 9:21 PM BST
so RTV is sent via fibre optic to RTV and then they send it out to sky channel 426? always wondered why virgin media's RTV was behind sky's when FO is meant to be so fast. Confused
Report thebootman May 28, 2020 11:58 AM BST
WS - That was something RTV stressed at the time, I know a few had issues, great if people can watch it on Windows 7 but as it's no longer supported it may not work with future updates.

TT - The industry think watch and bet, rather than the old bet and watch (need to have pre race bet), will drive turnover on racing. ATR's contract renewed in January and they adopted watch and bet, so RTV just followed suit.

Richard Fitzgerald, RMG chief executive talked about it on a recent Luck on Sunday https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/87164.
Report thurnscoe thunder May 28, 2020 12:29 PM BST
Cheers for that, looks like a bit of vision and thinking outside the box for once
Report pablo-fanque May 28, 2020 2:28 PM BST
good work thebootman

will we have the ability to watch the rtv on live video full screen with a decent picture , or is this the next thing we have to ask for ?
Report Big Cat May 28, 2020 2:37 PM BST
What glass-to-glass delay is expected?
Report pablo-fanque May 28, 2020 3:08 PM BST
about 0.6 - 1 second big cat

welcome to the forum
Report thebootman May 28, 2020 3:32 PM BST
Pablo - I did ask about full screen, don't remember getting an answer, though I think as they are using Betfair's own player it would be up to Betfair to adapt that.

I use the Zoom to resize it and I have noticed a few people recommending maxthon browser which allows you to go full screen.

Hopefully speed wise it's 0.6 rather than 1 second.
Report Big Cat May 28, 2020 3:48 PM BST
I do know that the codec between racetrack and HQ is uncompressed jpeg2000 so that hop is barely noticeable in terms of delay. I don't know how they'll pass it on to the end-user so quickly
Report pablo-fanque May 28, 2020 4:57 PM BST
thanks the bootman
Report Willie Shafter. May 28, 2020 5:05 PM BST
during the tests it was slightly quicker than 0.6.
Report Jay Lewis May 29, 2020 6:27 PM BST
Will this apply to all RTV tracks? Including Irish? Thanks
Report IN RUNNING EXPERT May 29, 2020 8:01 PM BST
if that is accurate then RTV are going to lose a lot of subs
Report pablo-fanque May 29, 2020 8:05 PM BST
if that is accurate then RTV are going to lose a lot of subs

they are probably hoping to make up the loss revenue in subs by gaining more from betfairs in-running market . if that doesn't turn out to be the case they can always put the faster pics on their website for subscribers , or charge extra for it
Report tips May 29, 2020 9:01 PM BST
I would gladly pay more just does not make sense to pay for something and other people get faster pics for free
Report duffy May 30, 2020 2:44 AM BST
I'll reserve judgement until we've seen the Irish pic speed, see if there's any of the pause stutter, I'd like to see Beverley's pics too that have been slow for the past couple of years, you know, all the usual problems!!!
Report thebootman May 30, 2020 1:45 PM BST
Jay - Yes it should be, the stream may be a fraction slower than the UK as it has an extra stop in Dublin. I did listen in to one Irish race when they were testing it in Ireland. It was well ahead of the pics on Sky that day.
Report duffy May 30, 2020 2:37 PM BST
What is the actual anticipated time difference between RTV and LV expected to be?
Report thebootman May 30, 2020 3:37 PM BST
As I said earlier the trial was 0.6 behind live, so probably a second quicker than RTV via Sky, and probably nearer 2 seconds for the Irish on Sky.

I can't understand why Betfair aren't giving this any promotion though, Barry Orr wasn't even aware of it on a podcast last week when he was talking about in running betting. Perhaps they are waiting to see how it works.
Report howard May 31, 2020 2:46 PM BST
If this pans out as predicted can I ask this question: Is it technically possible to get picture speed on RTV/SKY television as quick as the BLV ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com