Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
workrider
21 May 20 15:05
| Topic/replies: 1,887 | Blogger: workrider's blog
Devoid of the ability to make decisions , sheep like in that they follow a slow slow pattern for most of the race, then wham bam thank you mam. Why not up the pace when needed, or make a bold bid from the front. It seems to me they don't seem to be able to adjust from the norm,anyone else think that.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Is it just me or are French Jockeys...
Show More
Report MJK May 21, 2020 3:43 PM BST
Watching Ryan Moore too muchLaughI know it's racing but the French stuff is generally awful to watch. Every race, no matter the distance, run the same way.
Report racing6699 May 21, 2020 3:45 PM BST
at least the horses can actually go the pace - US racing basically is 2 horses that race and the rest of field cant go the pace
Report differentdrum May 21, 2020 3:45 PM BST
And our jockeys do? Yes, it might happen occasionally but most punters haven't got a clue in advance.

T
Report sparrow May 21, 2020 3:55 PM BST
I would much rather see a proper pace as in the US than a crawl with half the field pulling the jockeys arms out followed by a 2f sprint.
Report workrider May 21, 2020 4:04 PM BST
Personally I don't bet French racing, but it looks as if every horse is pulling double coming into the straight, there would be chaos on here if that was the case during U.K. or Irish racing...Laugh
Report duffy May 21, 2020 4:09 PM BST
Watch Aussie racing, absolute crawl for 3/4 of every race, they also think that a horse is practically off the track if it is 3 wide.
Report sparrow May 21, 2020 4:13 PM BST
Plenty of it here workrider, just watch the Newcastle AW and plenty more besides.
Report workrider May 21, 2020 4:17 PM BST
Sparrow, but surely not to the extent of France, Newcastle a relative newcomer re A/W racing and some jockeys still learning about it.
Report sparrow May 21, 2020 4:49 PM BST
Not just Newcastle though workrider as many of our races over a mile end up becoming a farce. Although nothing is quite as consistently bad as the Newcastle straight mile. Probably the reason Spencer has such a hard time these days with his hold up style.
Report grayhawk May 21, 2020 5:17 PM BST
Would like to know the percentage if French races that are won by hold up horses.....don't bet there but looks a paradise for decent front running jockeys
Report grayhawk May 21, 2020 5:17 PM BST
* of French
Report differentdrum May 21, 2020 6:44 PM BST
Richard Hughes loved nothing better than stacking them up.

Whoever is doing it falsely run races are no good to punters (except those in the know) and I suspect they are on the increase.

Even the Cheltenham Gold Cup this year was a joke. Loads of horses in contention late on including several dodgy stayers. In fact many of the races at the Festival were falsely run. I hope that isn't a trend.
Report MJK May 21, 2020 6:57 PM BST
Noticed a good few races in the UK last year over the straight tracks, particularly Yarmouth, where most of the jockeys were riding a finish at the 3 pole. Ridiculous. The slow pace races are more annoying though. The days of a Cecil/Cauthen horse out in front at a good clip because they knew the horse stayed the trip are long gone unfortunately.
Report glentoby May 21, 2020 7:14 PM BST
A bit of a silly question if I may say so workrider........a bit like saying all US riders are idiots for going off like scalded cats etc.Every jurisdiction has it tracks that some jockeys adapt to and ride accordingly,France unlike most outside of Ireland and UK is pretty unique in terms of differing? Had you ever been to or watched outside of the big tracks you might have learned how silly your statement is?
Report glentoby May 21, 2020 7:18 PM BST
Btw Gallop Du Large has a huge ew chance at Le Lion-D'Angers in their next race Mon Ami.Wink
Report workrider May 21, 2020 7:33 PM BST
Unlike your good selftoby, and i'm sure many on here , I have never been to or seen racing from these small tracks , even those that are deemed small, i.e. outside Paris etc, most jockeys seem to play the waiting game no matter what track it is, of course i'm only a t.v. punter re France. Sorry if my question seemed silly to you, as a man who goes racing must days both in Ireland and the U.K. I can safely assure you that jockeys DO make up their minds and change tactics...
Report workrider May 21, 2020 7:33 PM BST
Sorry I meant Glentoby..
Report glentoby May 21, 2020 7:58 PM BST
You need to get out more workrider,the world is bigger than the Curragh and Newmarket gallops and Irish and Uk tracks,France is probably the most diverse country in the world in terms of tracks for thoroughbreds,and tbh the most forward thinking.

I dont mean derogatory to you just that there are many countries where riding is different and France has as many regional variations that you cannot put a stamp on "French" Jockeys. Keep safe and keep well whatever the situation,maybe sometime you will get the chance to see what I mean.
Report geordie1956 May 21, 2020 8:19 PM BST
I'd sooner have Soumillon; PC Boudot or perhaps Peslier in his pomp riding one in a big race than a British racing jock save Dettori
Report glentoby May 21, 2020 8:33 PM BST
Dettori..........British.......Christophe........French.......give up the Magpies and take up Super Boro and soccer? LOLWink

Maigret,Poirot and Sherlaw Combs!!!!Grin
Report geordie1956 May 21, 2020 8:38 PM BST
I did say a British racing jock which includes Dettori
Soumillon is based in France and has been throughout his career
Not sure what point you are trying to make but I get how you come across Devil
Report cacique May 21, 2020 9:03 PM BST
Cristian Demuro is a good Italian based in France.

I hate the style of Soumillon, Boudot in a finish, they almost look as bad as Morris flapping about.

And I can help but laugh everytime i look at the 1995 breeders cup turf where Peslier doesn't know where the finish line is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3YIJpeukU
Report acey deucy May 22, 2020 12:22 AM BST
You have changed your tune workrider it wasn't that long ago that you wanted Mickael Barzalona as first Jockey at Ballydoyle ya daft ****.LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report workrider May 22, 2020 11:09 AM BST
Acey, not me mate you are getting mixed up,all that been thrown off horses can do that to a fella...LaughLaughLaugh
Report acey deucy May 22, 2020 12:00 PM BST
I know your memory is not as good as it used to be buddy.LaughLaugh
Report workrider May 22, 2020 12:01 PM BST
I guess that's what happens when we keep falling off...Laugh
Report Gibberish May 22, 2020 1:05 PM BST
Just witnessed a disgusting effort from the fav in the 12:50 Vichy - Rio Del Jack.

Tenderly handled to finish in 6th place but the horse is clearly better than that.
It was textbook what Workrider said in his opening post and it was THAT misjudged
it still was 5 lengths off the first three!

I can't figure out if it was more corrupt than inept or vice versa.
A.Mollins (7) - remember the name so you can save your money.

I'm particularly aggrieved as I had it with a 7/2 winner Angry
Report racing6699 May 22, 2020 1:31 PM BST
Pc.Boudot jockey- this guy is a complete joke!
Report MJK May 22, 2020 2:04 PM BST
Same nonsense again today, horses being held up off slow paces being given no chance
Report sparrow May 22, 2020 2:06 PM BST
Hold up horses might as well stop at home.
Report sparrow May 22, 2020 2:40 PM BST
Shocked
Report workrider May 22, 2020 3:05 PM BST
Glentoby should be along soon to have a word with you lot..Laugh
Report Mr Myxlplyx May 23, 2020 7:07 PM BST
OLIVIER PESLIER particularly rancid today. Not seen knitting folded away so fast since Richard Hills at his peak.

Bou 1m4fSft Hc 6K - 10/15 btn 8½L,  Pedraza Lescribaa 32/5
Bou 1m4fSft Hc 6K - 11/15 btn 11L,  French Plaisir 58/10
Bou 1m4fSft 7K -      6/7 btn 4½L,  Norathir 14/1
Bou 1m1½fSft L 18K -  8/8 btn 10½L, Mr Satchmo 8/5F
Bou 1m1½fSft 3y 8K -  6/6 btn 6¼L,  Anca 4/1

Soumillon also been sh1t.

Best ride of day was Guillaume Guedj-Gay (6) on Pirata Tesoro. Watched its prev 2 runs and was an obvious non stayer lto. Laddie still has to bring it from back to front and probably got a row for winning too easy. Glad they filled their boots.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 24, 2020 3:31 PM BST
Just tuned into the classy 325 there...

All finished within 2 lengths of each other.

Some fairly suspect rides there must be said.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 24, 2020 3:34 PM BST
And then BADEN, the commentator sounds highly knowledgable, but close home names will do rather than random stats of last runs!
Report workrider May 26, 2020 2:07 PM BST
Another strange ride there , 2 horse allowed miss the break by 5 then runs into the back of several others in the straight, would be uproar on here if it happened at Catterick...
Report EastLower Gooner May 26, 2020 3:29 PM BST
Check out Jacob Pritchard Webb in the last at Chateaubriand yesterday...completely rode them to sleep.

Current favourite is Roberto Carlos Montenegro...don’t YouTube him because you’ll pull up a Brazil game....but he’s straight up the French Luke Morris.
Report ItsMeSwaddle May 26, 2020 4:48 PM BST
Just tuned into a race there, any idea what he is doing on the favourite, rushed wide to get the lead a circuit out

Then happy to drift back through the field again in the bridle?

Odd! Laugh
Report workrider May 27, 2020 3:18 PM BST
Those French jockeys are a law onto themselves!
Report isleham May 27, 2020 3:33 PM BST
vicky haigh trainer of number 7 in the next at vichy..name from the past
Report Wesdag May 28, 2020 11:45 AM BST
Like watching a bunch of Jamie Spencer clones.

Every race seems to be run at a dawdle with 2f sprint at the end.

Jockeys trying to be overly tactical & over-think seems to be the reason most fancied horses get beat than anything else.
Report differentdrum May 28, 2020 12:14 PM BST
I think both Whaze and Vintern would have had more chance of winning had they been ridden forward.

Whaze pulled and looked awkward in behind and out wide.

Vintern broke well enough but was hooked back. Surely she has a pedigree that suggests she wants further yet he rode her stuck out wide for a change of pace.
Report sparrow May 28, 2020 12:16 PM BST
What on earth was that from Boudot?
Report Wesdag May 28, 2020 12:37 PM BST
I think he saw my post & tried something different?

Plain
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com