Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
KuanYin
15 May 20 05:16
| Topic/replies: 24 | Blogger: KuanYin's blog
I use my Fairbot 'robot' when betting/trading on horse racing markets. I presume most of the community here know about dutching a race, e.g. selecting, say, three or four runners to win out of a, for instance, 10-runner field. However, I have been toying with the idea of dutching the place market. Can anyone explain how this would work in terms of percentage win? Thanks in advance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Dutching the Place Market
Show More
Report onlooker May 15, 2020 11:46 AM BST
" in terms of percentage win?"
-------------

On a 3 Places race - You are betting - and staking accordingly - into a 300% Book - instead of a 100% Book (on a Win Market)

But you could do with being be a bit more expansive in your information request... hence the No Replies, so far.
--------------

Incidentally - KuanYin ...

How is Kim Jong-un? - Has he fully recovered?

Remarkable that you are able to access Betfair from there - or ...

Perhaps you are in Wuhan.
Report longbridge May 15, 2020 12:14 PM BST
Dutching the place market doesn't really work, that I can see.

Dutching the win market, done correctly, means that if any of your horses win, you get the same profit, and if none of them win you lose your entire stake.

If you attempt to dutch the place market, you will end up with a position where your return differs depending how many of your horses place.

What are you trying to achieve?  As onlooker says, you could do with a more detailed ask.
Report top2rated May 15, 2020 12:14 PM BST
North Korea or Wuhan, onlooker?  Really?

KuanYin  Jun 16 12:00  Joined: 25 Mar 05 | Topic/replies: 10 | Blogger: KuanYin's blog

Us Scots should now just leave England because British means phuck all now. Scotland Better Out! Let's do it as soon as possible and then rebuild the wall on the border!

Laugh
Report onlooker May 15, 2020 12:37 PM BST
He must own a Takeaway in East Lothian, then.

I endorse his wishes, though ... But from an English perspective, of course.
Report sparrow May 15, 2020 12:37 PM BST
Shocked
Report hello :-) May 15, 2020 12:51 PM BST
far right out again today Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com