Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarts rise
29 Apr 20 17:47
| Topic/replies: 26,413 | Blogger: stewarts rise's blog
Market heading towards evens, was 1.25 Yes just a few days ago, only just over a month away, think i'd still be siding with No, what do you reckon?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 9  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 325
By:
geordie1956
When: 29 Apr 20 17:49
I've been looking at the market & when it went to 1.23 or so I thought we would be racing soon but now the massive drift ... i wouldn't bet on it but on balance No would be my suggestion
By:
duffy
When: 29 Apr 20 17:55
It's down to the German news today I would have thought. The EPL to begin before July 1st is as big as 1.69 and by Aug 1st is 1.42
By:
shady69
When: 29 Apr 20 17:59
For me there would have to be a one month period of no new cases, no more lockdown and no deaths before any sport returns, so would be a no for me ...
By:
truehoncho
When: 29 Apr 20 18:07
For me there would have to be a one month period of no new cases, no more lockdown and no deaths--Well that's impossible.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 29 Apr 20 18:15
Most people in the mini poll that we did were on NO despite YES being odds on. (racing return guess date fred)

I like like YES, but only just
By:
hello :-)
When: 29 Apr 20 18:19
a lot happening that may effect thinking

lockdowns ending in china and germany seeing new infections , more sports pulling plug till later in year , sage advice not due till early may , deaths going up with new way of reporting , all in a couple of days

we are heading towards being second highest effected country in world so I would say no also
By:
jamee1
When: 29 Apr 20 18:31
Racing is one of the only sports that has a chance of operating so I think it will be up and running behind closed doors by then.
By:
Desert Pilot
When: 29 Apr 20 18:35
Plans being put in place for a 22nd June start.

Will be announced on Friday.
By:
yer ma
When: 29 Apr 20 18:37
Can anyone explain to me  - when horses being trained up and down the country without significant staff issues (I've not heard of one death) are travelling and (slight) increase risk of injury the only reasons to suggest racing needs to be continue to be off? 90% of the bods on course in a closed course environment would be doing much the same elsewhere - almost certainly with less strict hygiene / social distancing.   The hand wringing is NOT based on logic or 'science' as everyone if fond of saying
By:
posy
When: 29 Apr 20 18:40
I don't think there's much chance of racing behind closed doors before 1st June and if that's the case can't really see the point of Ascot going ahead.
By:
11kv
When: 29 Apr 20 18:40
Problem is if one industry starts up with however many precautions all the other business's that are closed and told they cannot operate will be crying foul...[not only sport]
By:
yer ma
When: 29 Apr 20 18:44
So what outdoor businesses are going to be told to stop - I'm still farming, builders are going back, lads still mending utilities.  false equivalence
By:
11kv
When: 29 Apr 20 18:49
Factories,Bars Restaurants,small bakeries,coffee shops, high streets etc.Apart from on here the world doesn't revolve around horse racing.
By:
yer ma
When: 29 Apr 20 18:55
Are they outdoors?  If you can show your risk to starting your business is minimal you should be allowed to start regardless of business type - thats not the world revolving round you.  Small restaurant is NOT same as 200 acres of racecourse
By:
chavman
When: 29 Apr 20 18:55
spoons opening back up in june
By:
truehoncho
When: 29 Apr 20 19:00
Hi Yer Ma, you know you are right. It's illogical and ineffective. We are living in an hysterical world that claims to be led by science but acts on anything but. On my vets last visit to me we discussed this and he likened it to a video going viral on social media. Nobody is listening to facts anymore, they are either trying to double guess what effect any action may have on their political career or simply virtue signalling to the world. There some of course who think they are acting for the best, but they are not.
By:
doorman99
When: 29 Apr 20 19:02
KFC open in Plymouth tdy
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 19:09
need to take into account what communities will think aswell , may well be positive who knows but not all I imagine depends how they been effected

I know general public opinion differs from business largely , communities could be fearful regarding opening doors
By:
11kv
When: 29 Apr 20 19:13
Racing and football going on around the world,but not here because we can't cope with the pandemic because we weren't ready and are still struggling

what's the point in a few horses running, the people who are not going to survive will be the last to get a run into their horses and the jocks lower down the pecking order will be left to their own devices.Horse racing would come bottom of many start up lists unless you have a vested interest....

doorman99 was it take away only ?
By:
11kv
When: 29 Apr 20 19:14
And the main problem with the NHS coping is because there are so many taking out and not putting in imvho.Mischief
By:
doorman99
When: 29 Apr 20 19:17
Ya musta been 11kv, saw a few queueing. Chip shop in next village opened again last week, massive queue, earned a fortune. Queueing is the new smoking group round here, all happily shouting to each other whilst waiting for their chips/pharmacy/Spar.
By:
now wheres that switch!!!
When: 29 Apr 20 19:18
Other countries still racing and sport going on, because they actually are being led my science. Unlike the mad histeria over here. It would be safe to start up several sports with safeguards put in place.. but as mentioned on here earlier, it’s nothing to do with safety. It’s about public perception.
By:
11kv
When: 29 Apr 20 19:21
Most take outs still operating round my way ,Chinese,Indian, Pizza etc all collect or delivery..
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 19:24
same here , a few takeaway

which will snowball soon as most restaurants try get piece of action while they closed sit down customers , expect it may get cheaper to buy in than get a shopping soon when they start to undercut eachother
By:
foxy
When: 29 Apr 20 19:35
English chippies open midweek
By:
Deptford
When: 29 Apr 20 20:07
Chip shops open here, one deliver only, other takeaway only, not one iota of a chance Wetherspoon open June.
By:
elisjohn
When: 29 Apr 20 20:18
VILLAGE HALL 200 METERS FROM ME, HAS A PRIVATE ROOM FOR MEMBERS WITH A SNOOKER TABLE, hardly ever gets used except when league matches are played once a fortnight,  cant see any reason stopping me and my son going for a few frames, but NO SHUT
By:
foxy
When: 29 Apr 20 20:22
Him at Witherspoons is in cloud cuckoo land

That said at least he is been positive
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 20:38
The Government are elected by the public are they not? So if Weatherspoons want to open up, businesses start up again to avoid irreparable financial damage then don’t really see how they can be stopped. Realistically what would happen? Do you think there are the resources or prison spaces to put people inside for trying to avoid poverty? If they do... they risk scenes far far worse than we saw during the 2010 riots imo
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 20:58
same weatherspoons who tried to stay open after lockdown , same cnt who didn't give a fk about his staff

be interesting to see how he manages social distance in the workplace on top of the anti weatherspoons sentiment in uk
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 29 Apr 20 21:07
No self-respecting person should ever go to a Wetherspoons. They’re for poor people and gypsies.
By:
JetLoneStar
When: 29 Apr 20 21:13
As is starting to be seen in other countries, as soon as the lockdown is relaxed there will be another surge in infections - so no end without a vaccine (that may never come). Are we supposed to just end everything til its ends / if it ends???
By:
observerirl
When: 29 Apr 20 21:15
to the op this market has been particularly volatile the last few days. Initially opinions probably willing to accept evens(given the unknown nature/zero precedence of the virus) and then given the long date from mid April to June 1st the consensus favored resumption on June 1st. Serious wedges bidding price down 20k at 1.63 14k at 1.49 & 8k bid at 1.29 early Monday morning when the market turned dramatically. The market force in favor of yes was strong and of serious volume. However the market has flopped dramatically on much lower volume since. Whatever peoples opinions on the when/why you can bet them in money on this market. As ever talk is cheap but if you're a punter with an opinion this prob one of the few markets to play imo
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 21:16
Im not sure jet , probably better getting the opinion of someone who is dealing with it first hand maybe they should decide

I know normal wont exist for a long time tho
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 21:18
Be more interesting to see how the government deal with the mass civil unrest and disorder than will inevitably result from this if they don’t get people back to work and able to provide for the families. The sugar coated high interest loans they have dished out and hair brain ideas relating to payment holidays etc.. will be seen for what they are. If only they applied common sense and reasoning to this, instead of mad panic. I couldn’t tell if it was PMQ’s earlier or a repeat of dads army
By:
saddo
My mate is off to NEP headquarters tomorrow, they want some of the SKY football OB trucks ready for early June.
By:
Willie Shafter.
JetLoneStar Joined: 12 Aug 09
Replies: 128029 Apr 20 20:13 
As is starting to be seen in other countries, as soon as the lockdown is relaxed there will be another surge in infections

what ive been saying for 5 weeks.
By:
When: 29 Apr 20 21:19
can you see yes being backed that low again observer
By:
foxy
When: 29 Apr 20 21:20
Boris might want to look after him ,he was probably the biggest influence on brexit there was.
Page 1 of 9  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 9 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com