Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zolaisgod
09 Apr 20 16:14
| Topic/replies: 603 | Blogger: zolaisgod's blog
any positives taken from that? or will we just have the doom and gloom merchants on
Pause Switch to Standard View 140 deaths yesterday in uk
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR April 9, 2020 3:20 PM BST
a big positive if true !
Report GAZO April 9, 2020 3:21 PM BST
not true according to sky
Report zolaisgod April 9, 2020 3:22 PM BST
gazo read it properly
Report zolaisgod April 9, 2020 3:22 PM BST
Another 765 patients have died in England after contracting coronavirus - bringing the total to 7,248.

The figures have been released by NHS England.

They clarified that 140 of those deaths took place on Wednesday, while 568 happened within the previous week and the remaining 57 were from March.
Report the dealer April 9, 2020 3:23 PM BST
about 900 but no doubt the OP will say its something to do with the way they record the figures.
Report zolaisgod April 9, 2020 3:23 PM BST
GAZO

GAZO
09 Apr 20 14:21
| Topic/replies: 4,033 | Blogger: GAZO's blog
not true according to sky

ffs cant read a paragraph?
Report the dealer April 9, 2020 3:24 PM BST
there ye go
Report zolaisgod April 9, 2020 3:24 PM BST
the dealer...can you not read either?

another doom and gloom merchant
Report the dealer April 9, 2020 3:26 PM BST
a deaths a death imo the total will still be the same whenever they get added to the figures
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 3:26 PM BST
In a decent flu season you would expect over 1500 a day during  the peak week or so. So how good or bad it is you can make your own mind up.
Report firstimevisor April 9, 2020 3:46 PM BST
The deaths figures in Scotland have shot up rather alarmingly the last few days. Uk daily deaths now around 900.
Report breadnbutter April 9, 2020 3:51 PM BST
1500 deaths a day from flu in UK? Do you have a link to that info cheers?
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 3:53 PM BST
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/a...
Report thegiggilo April 9, 2020 3:54 PM BST
the dealer 09 Apr 20 14:26 
a deaths a death imo the total will still be the same whenever they get added to the figures

Surpressing the fogures or very badly collected information,i know which one is probable truely pathetic..
Report breadnbutter April 9, 2020 3:56 PM BST
{"_response_info":{"status":"not found"}}

No worky
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 3:59 PM BST
and once you are bored shitless reading that have a look at Italy

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971219303285
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:01 PM BST
Just checked it. It was fine with me. It is the annual public health England flu report.
Report firstimevisor April 9, 2020 4:10 PM BST
Approx 1500 people die in the UK every day.... in total.
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:12 PM BST
I think that sounds about right firstimevisor averaged out over a year but obviously the winter has more. Some of that is due to flu (maybe lots).
Report top2rated April 9, 2020 4:13 PM BST
1500 a day - that's bollocks.  Are you sure you read the report, truehoncho?

Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:14 PM BST
On reflection that may be a bit light as there are on average 15000 over 70's that die each week in the UK.
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:15 PM BST
Top rated please read my post again and look at the graph above th etable. I said in the peak of th eflu season around 1500 a day die.
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:16 PM BST
Well done for posting the table. I tried a few times a while ago but couldn't make it work.
Report firstimevisor April 9, 2020 4:20 PM BST
As of right now I would guess that much less than 1% of the population has picked up the virus, so a daily death toll of about 900 of those infected is serious food for thought.
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 4:30 PM BST
You may be right firstimevisor but I guess it is more than 1%. The most important thing is that there is little immunity to it in the population so vulnerable people should keep themselves isolated. My argument has always been that there is little point everyone else isolating providing the NHS can cope and it can.
Report Fire-and-Ice April 9, 2020 4:34 PM BST
Isn't flu more prevalent in the cold months when more people stay in and pass on infections?
This lock-down could've had a similar effect?
Report firstimevisor April 9, 2020 4:38 PM BST
Its impossible to know what the true figure is but there have been 60,733 positive tests as of today. |So even if the actual figure is 10 times that amount(and its probably not that much), that's still less than 1% of the population.How well would the NHS cope if even 2% had it at the same time?
Report Willie Shafter. April 9, 2020 4:42 PM BST
truehoncho 09 Apr 20 14:26 
In a decent flu season you would expect over 1500 a day during  the peak week or so. So how good or bad it is you can make your own mind up.

never in my entire life do i know of or know anyone that knows of anyone who died of flu.
Report foxy April 9, 2020 4:43 PM BST
Interesting point fire and ice
Report Fire-and-Ice April 9, 2020 4:47 PM BST
Willy, flu, when caught by the elderly weakens the immune system, and they often develop pneumonia which affects the lungs
Reason for death is given as pneumonia, not flu
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 9, 2020 4:50 PM BST
zolaisgod 09 Apr 20 14:24

If caring about loved ones, specially older ones is only for 'doom and gloom' merchants, then count me in.
Report Fire-and-Ice April 9, 2020 4:56 PM BST
You can care equally about your elderly relatives without being a doom and gloom merchant too
What a silly statement
Or are you saying the less hysterical are less caring?
Report the dealer April 9, 2020 5:09 PM BST
don't worry about me Andrew Happy

the OP started the thread to get a reaction, he got what he wanted

WD to him, I cant see saying that a death is a death whenever it is eventually added to the grand total is being a doom and gloom merchant but it would appear it suits the OP's MO
Report truehoncho April 9, 2020 5:34 PM BST
Hi Willie. That is exactly the point. People have underlying conditions and normally you would put their death down to COPD etc that has been complicated (effectively the last straw on the camels back) by flu. But in this current climate everyone with covid has died OF it but really they have died (mostly anyway) with it.  I promise you Willie hospitals are at breaking point every winter with flu complicated admissions. Many have to divert ambulances for A&E to other hospitals. We don't hear about that because the government suppresses it as it is a political problem for them as they under invest in the NHS.
Report Willie Shafter. April 9, 2020 5:44 PM BST
but we'd hear about it if it was people we know..i cant recall an incident.
Report breadnbutter April 9, 2020 6:17 PM BST
Remember my dad talking about "silent pneumonia" old man's friend he said they called it in hospital. All these stats about flu and flu related, they don't test people to see if they have flu and many of these stats are made up retrospectively, the entire NHS is so political its a farce. Tbh its time to have very clear death numbers published,so Joe public can see how many people die in hospital each day, the Liverpool pathway revelations  was an eye opener for me and tbh the more you know the worse it gets, bit like horse racing.If they have nothing to hide they have nothing to fear.
Report tanglefoot April 9, 2020 6:19 PM BST
In an average month in the U.K. 40,000 people die and their are 60,000 births,and until the stats are revealed at the end of this crisis,we will then know how bad this virus has been.
Report Willie Shafter. April 9, 2020 7:51 PM BST
there.dc
Report SontaranStratagem April 9, 2020 8:08 PM BST
The pneumonia is a tricky one, the amount of times you get told your old people are showing signs of recovery only to fall of a cliff and die is quite revealing

Fluid build up in the body that you can only get up by coughing and sneezing, if your wired and strapped to a hospital bed then its impossible to get that fluid up, the body will produce more of it if other parts of the body get infected, meaning you'll suffer severe pneumonia and that is what causes the body organs failure, nurses have to know this surely?

The last place I'd go with flu is the hospital, I coped with it fine enough without any drugs or cough medicine a couple of years ago, the inflammation in the sinuses/nose was funny, it made it easier to sneeze.
Report zolaisgod April 10, 2020 12:43 PM BST
Andrew.in.Sweden

Andrew.in.Sweden
09 Apr 20 15:50
| Topic/replies: 1,972 | Blogger: Andrew.in.Sweden's blog
zolaisgod 09 Apr 20 14:24

If caring about loved ones, specially older ones is only for 'doom and gloom' merchants, then count me in.

what about caring for people who have no money no jobs and no hope so why all you morally correct people sit in your nice houses and live normally, think about pepole who are commiting suicide cos they cant cope..or think about all the couples caught up in domestic violence,,
Report zolaisgod April 10, 2020 12:45 PM BST
the dealer
09 Apr 20 16:09
| Topic/replies: 20,848 | Blogger: the dealer's blog
don't worry about me Andrew Happy

the OP started the thread to get a reaction, he got what he wanted

WD to him, I cant see saying that a death is a death whenever it is eventually added to the grand total is being a doom and gloom merchant but it would appear it suits the OP's MO

what about suicide rates going thru the roof..domestic violence out of contol..no doubt your alright jack pull the ladder up.. life must go on as were all go to be dead...muppets
Report the dealer April 10, 2020 1:43 PM BST
with all due respect zola, you make a lot of assumptions about people and add in points that I have not even commented about. copy, any post of mine that says any suicides are acceptable and that domestic violence is acceptable at any times. you might take a while

with regards your opening post, personally I don't think that out of 900 odd deaths, with only 140 from yesterday, gives us any light for optimism. when they are added to the total imo is irrelevant. what would be great IMO is when these figures start falling below 300. maybe then we can start to get the economy back going.
I have said we have to get back to some sort of normality sooner than later, I have also said I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make that decision, because they have to get it right. i don't believe it is right, whatever people are having to go through at home, mentally or financially to end the lockdown purely to get them back to work and having the threat of another spike in cases likely. only my opinion from someone who was pushing for racing to be back on the 1st may, yours is obviously different.

with regards the no doubt your alright jack comment.... who can possibly be alright in times like this? i have a son who works for the local council, dealing with universal credit claims, rate relief for businesses etc who is working all hours 7 days a week to help these struggling people as best as he can. i am fully aware of what some people are going through and what mental consequences that could lead to. i also have a daughter who is a self employed hairdresser who at the moment has had no income and not likely to get any till june.

maybe its because i don't get these flu v covid arguments that i just don't get the views of others being positive. i hope i am wrong and its all over sooner than later but everything i have read/saw doesn't fill me with optimism when thay are posting the figures they do.
Report VinylStar April 10, 2020 2:38 PM BST
Bottom line is 140 people died in a day yesterday whichever way you want to slice it and dice it.

It's going to be up to the public in the end to decide whether that justifies the measures which are in place.

Obviously people on this forum think life should stop if people are dying, which is an interesting perspective. I think before the media began talking about the numbers dying of this, people here weren't aware of how many people die of how many causes every day in this country.

The 'stop everything until nobody dies' crowd are going to have a big wake up call when they realise how many people are dying of cancer every day for example.
Report thegiggilo April 10, 2020 4:02 PM BST
915 today,still no old peoples home fogures added in they will be moinday,or should be and are well in excess of 1,000
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com