Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
stewarty b
07 Apr 20 20:16
| Topic/replies: 24,628 | Blogger: stewarty b's blog
Stars Mark Wahlberg, Jessica Lange, John Goodman. Never seen this film. Anybody recommend it?
Pause Switch to Standard View The Gambler, 9pm Film Four tonight..
Show More
Report hello :-) April 7, 2020 8:17 PM BST
i enjoyed it stew , good watch and builds up well

will watch it again tonite tbh
Report duffy April 7, 2020 8:17 PM BST
Didn't like it, very slow, there is an original starring James Caan I believe.
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:19 PM BST
Thanks lads. I'll go with hello at the moment.
Report Johnny_Mustang April 7, 2020 8:19 PM BST
Incredibly poor. Avoid.
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:21 PM BST
Oh dear. Might watch something else now. Thanks for your input JM.
Report hello :-) April 7, 2020 8:22 PM BST
wahlbergs had a great run of films , have you seen The fighter stew , top film if your looking for one another time

him and Christian bale , true story
Report s.kenbo April 7, 2020 8:23 PM BST
It’s fecking awful, Stew.
Report knoxville April 7, 2020 8:24 PM BST
A rubbish movie.
About as interesting as a night out with wanxershaft
Report rooster booster April 7, 2020 8:26 PM BST
One word "Sh1te"

But each to their own.
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:26 PM BST
I may have seen that one hello. If I did it was on Freeview as I don't download. Was it two brothers?
Report hello :-) April 7, 2020 8:30 PM BST
yeah boxers , about micky ward
Report Magic__Daps April 7, 2020 8:30 PM BST
Get Netflix on and get started on Ozark Cool
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:30 PM BST
s.kenbo07 Apr 20 19:23Joined: 05 Aug 12 | Topic/replies: 18,053 | Blogger: s.kenbo's blog
It’s fecking awful, Stew.

That's nailed it steve. I will pass. Given some of the comments I think I would rather climb a 30ft ladder with 30 breeze blocks in my hod.
Report hulk23 April 7, 2020 8:30 PM BST
wahlberg doesn't come across as a very credible title character.  terrible scottish accent and only basic carpentry skills.  the scene where his brother bangs miss universe is probably one of the highlights.
Report rooster booster April 7, 2020 8:32 PM BST
Never heard of that one MD,but, Just had a quick read up and sounds good..
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:34 PM BST
My interest started because of the coming attractions which made it look worth watching.
Report duffy April 7, 2020 8:34 PM BST
Speaking of Wahlberg, watched Lone Survivor the other night, very good, and Perfect Storm, another good one.
Report hello :-) April 7, 2020 8:39 PM BST
6/10 IMDB stew that's about right for the gambler

not a classic but decent watch for couple hours , and a good performance from Wahlberg and lange esp

didn't realise was last ever performance from George kennedy from naked gun in it aswell
Report s.kenbo April 7, 2020 8:42 PM BST
Hulk. Laugh

I’ve had a quick look, Stew. While there’s not much on tonight, Braven is on Sony movies at 9pm. It’s a film that’s been done hundreds of times before, and you know how it will all play out, but it’s worth a watch imo when there’s fook all else on. Here’s a synopsis for you.

Joe Braven is a logging company owner who lives with his family in Canada. Joe's father, Linden, suffering from dementia, mistakes a woman in a bar for his wife, prompting a barroom brawl that lands Linden in the hospital. The family decides to take a break at their secluded log cabin, where they run into trouble from a drug dealer who wants to use Joe's business as a front for his cocaine operation.
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:44 PM BST
I'll give it 20 minutes hello then switch if really bad even though I'm contradicting myself.
Report s.kenbo April 7, 2020 8:45 PM BST
Johnny says Ted 2 is worth a watch! Laugh
Report hello :-) April 7, 2020 8:47 PM BST
its like most remakes , always compared to original which was a great film  and gambler suffers from that i think

not as bad as folk say tho imo
Report stewarty b April 7, 2020 8:48 PM BST
I've seen that one Steve. Fairly decent but as I'm up most of the night I can always watch Shafter in Kind Hearts and Coronets..
Report sparrow April 7, 2020 8:50 PM BST
Already posted on the Talking Pictures thread.
Report s.kenbo April 7, 2020 8:53 PM BST
Cool

I’ve seen the first series of Ozark, it was very good. I couldn’t quite get into the second series for some reason. I think I’ll have to try it again.
Report Deplasterer April 7, 2020 9:00 PM BST
Feck all on the box, I'm gonna give this a go, blast from the past, full ch4 coverage gold Cup day, Imperial Call year, picture looks ropey but better than nowt:

https://youtu.be/nVqk92mHAWg
Report Johnny_Mustang April 7, 2020 9:07 PM BST
Kenbo Laugh
Report San Quentin April 8, 2020 3:28 AM BST
Deep, my word, you sound like Eddie the Eagle
Report Magic__Daps April 8, 2020 8:08 AM BST
kenbo - well worth it imo. I have just finished the third series, great ending and set up nicely for the next (whenever that may be).

"When they see us" is superb and just shocking at the same time, only 4 episodes. Worth watching the Oprah episode on it with the actors and real life victims after as well.
Report Insideshrewdie April 8, 2020 9:52 AM BST
Ozarks tremendous....perfect for a lockdown...new season just out
Report s.kenbo April 8, 2020 3:00 PM BST
I’ve seen that, Magic, it was good. Netflix has improved loads over recent years, especially their documentaries. Don’t Fcuk With Cats, The Pharmacist and The Aaron Hernandez story being recent favourites of mine.
Report stewarty b April 8, 2020 3:40 PM BST
For the record I watched it until the first break and could only manage 10 minutes after the break until changing channels. Mediocre at best imho.
Report Storm Alert April 8, 2020 3:57 PM BST
The original 1974 version with James Caan is a far better film.
Report impossible123 April 8, 2020 4:21 PM BST
It was ok, and Mark Wahlberg did his best otherwise...

The Big Short is more watchable, intriguing and has a much more interesting and gripping ending.
Report number 7 April 8, 2020 4:38 PM BST
The Departed with Mark Wahlberg playing a great part, Ozarks is first season is great, the other seasons are pretty easy watching if you have the time but still good I thought
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com