Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
isleham
31 Mar 20 23:16
| Topic/replies: 2,274 | Blogger: isleham's blog
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere and quite old news but the above club are furloughing 550 employees and claiming the 80% government scheme which is actually our money while carrying on paying the players 100s of thousand pounds a week.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 61
By:
duffy
When: 31 Mar 20 23:23
Daniel Levy is forced to take a pay cut, I hope he manages, poor chap.
By:
sparrow
When: 31 Mar 20 23:46
I heard on the radio that Levy made 7 million from the club last year.
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 00:22
like i said before ..this scheme is the biggest hair brained scheme ever  ...now rancid football clubs getting on board 

a 10 year old with learning difficulties could see this scheme would be open to abuse

thick public school coonts  running the show
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 00:26
the people who dream up these ideas would never survive in the real world  ...  on a normal or low wage  they'd have  a job getting out of their front door without  help from a carer.
By:
Wesdag
When: 01 Apr 20 00:33
That's what happens when the MSM are pushing for action yesterday - daft schemes & policies are the result.

Sunak should come back & say the goalposts have moved & tell such pi55takers to phuck off.
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 02:55
too late now ,they'll jump on board like a plague of rats .

No surprise with Ashley  and Spurs ,but Norwich disappoint me . I thought they were better than that .

Government are too trusting of people to do the right thing ... some people can't be trusted .
By:
lovegod
When: 01 Apr 20 07:43
If the first team squad gave up one weeks wages then that would surely sort out the backroom staff for a while?
By:
impossible123
When: 01 Apr 20 16:19
Shame on the footballers. They are the ones on fantasy pay some equivalent to winning the Lotto weekly, and can only dreamed about by the general public. They are also behaving like the elites at the BBC eg Linekar, and some ridiculously highly paid presenters and newscasters who were not affected in a purge of personnel and pay.

Let's hope a bit of name-and-shame can activate some moral fibres of some footballers; Real Madrid players voluntarily taking a 70% haircut.
By:
diabolicalliability
When: 01 Apr 20 16:24
I keep hearing how clever Levy is, these are not the actions of a clever man.
By:
ProSniper
When: 01 Apr 20 16:33
Not the EPL being shown up for the cold, heartless, money grabbing "brand" it is Shocked
By:
posy
When: 01 Apr 20 16:44
Let me get this right ...the backroom staff are still employed by the club and the Government is paying 80% of their wages up to a maximum of £2500 a month. Is it known if the club are making up the difference ?

The presumably working class bred players are continuing to take their obscene salaries in full...........you couldn't make it up.
By:
impossible123
When: 01 Apr 20 16:47
Some human beings have no scruples when it comes to money, Covid-19 or no Covid-19.
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 17:21
'can activate some moral fibres of some footballers'

and good luck with that plan  Plain
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 17:27
'The presumably working class bred players'

they're mainly lower working class  ....  working class by and large are a decent strand of society   
80 %  of the UK is normal working class ....most middle classes are effectively working class these days  ...around 10% or lower are in the underclass - sink estate society
By:
posy
When: 01 Apr 20 17:28
coachbuster...i totally agree with your correction to my post
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 01 Apr 20 18:43
Totally classless football club. No, make that absolutely filthy. Sadly nothing more than I’d expect from them all the same.

Thankfully other North London clubs are available.
By:
the dealer
When: 01 Apr 20 18:47
shocking behaviour, bbit coming up on the itv news shortly
By:
isleham
When: 01 Apr 20 18:53
Previously mourinho given positive PR for packing food parcels but when it comes to money not so prominent
By:
the dealer
When: 01 Apr 20 18:59
Newcastle and Norwich as well, surely if asked these footballers would take a wage cut?
By:
salmon spray
When: 01 Apr 20 19:00
Frankly I hope all the EPL clubs go bust and they can all f*** off to China.
By:
Coachbuster
When: 01 Apr 20 19:05
posy ...no worries ... nice that there are a lot of decent folk around Happy
By:
duffy
When: 01 Apr 20 19:25
Coachbuster 01 Apr 20 01:55 
Norwich disappoint me . I thought they were better than that .

I saw what you did thereGrin
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 01 Apr 20 21:25
Devil
By:
lord skywalker
When: 01 Apr 20 21:30
only one answer cancel all sky sports/bt sports,etc then see how the epl pays its players then, take a while to filter thru but would eventually sadly though people will continue to pay vastly inflated prices to sky,virgin and the rest to see there heroes in action
By:
ffaith
When: 01 Apr 20 22:28
Zaha born in Abijan and who plays for Cote D'ivoire has done more than Kane MBE(born and bred in London)and Rooney(only contributribution to the crisis is to talk about guinea pigs)put together at least publicly.  They dont help themselves.
By:
jackboo
When: 01 Apr 20 22:51
i hope thay all go skint , look at the prices the funs have got to pay to watch a game
By:
themightymac
When: 01 Apr 20 22:55
Absolutely disgraceful, if correct.
By:
windsor knot
When: 01 Apr 20 22:57
brains in their feet indeed . i believe the clubs / players reps meet on friday . expect some backtracking and / or financial repositioning surely . no one can be that thick surely  ...oh, forgot . spurs are involved .
By:
ihal essex
When: 01 Apr 20 23:03
No surprise the identity of the two clubs leading this scandal - Tottenham and Newcastle - scumbag outfits led by the philanthropic duo Daniel Levy and Mike Ashley!!
By:
themightymac
When: 01 Apr 20 23:04
Time for these over paid players (at all clubs) to voluntary take a big cut in wages, during these difficult times, to ensure the wages of the background staff.
By:
salmon spray
When: 02 Apr 20 10:29
The pigs have just flown past my window.
By:
impossible123
When: 02 Apr 20 11:38
The fans should stay away on their 1st home game to express their utmost contempt and disgust at the club and the behaviour of the footballers.
By:
isleham
When: 02 Apr 20 11:40
nice idea but like Mac pigs have flown past my window as well
By:
maleuk01.
When: 02 Apr 20 11:43
Mike Ashley and Daniel Levy absolute loathsome individuals.

No Prem league club or champ club should be on Furlough.

How can you ask the taxpayer to pay wages to certain individuals when many staff (players) are still earning over 100k a week. Its immoral.

If the players  arent going to work then stick them on Furlough if the club is struggling financially.

All this contributing 100k to nhs etc from clubs or letting them use car parks etc etc is peanuts and is a publicity stunt.

Players should have a 70% pay cut if earning 10k a week or more. That would cover all non playing staff wages.

Any surplus money should be given to local hospitals for medical kit.

We are all losing out during this time, those with more can and should contribute more.

I work in sales and am on Furlough, i only get 80% of basic, commission isnt taken into account. It is what it is, we all have to make sacrifices.

Also these billionires asking for govt handouts like Branson is disgusting, dip into your own vast wealth to pay the wages of people whose hard work has earnt you the billions.
By:
Hibore
When: 02 Apr 20 12:04
It’s illegal to force anyone to take a reduced salary even in the current situation. The only thing Spurs or Norwich can do is send an email to each player asking if they would accept a reduced wage. This would be confidential in most cases who agreed and who refused.
Maybe they have already done this and everyone refused. In that case Spurs are powerless to enforce any reductions.
By:
kevo
When: 02 Apr 20 12:04
Stomach churning greed and selfishness.
By:
isleham
When: 02 Apr 20 12:16
with gordon taylor egging the players on there is little chance of the right moral actions being taken
By:
equine flew
When: 02 Apr 20 12:24
It is not illegal Hibore, it is a breach of contract and hence a Civil Law matter.  The player could take the club to court, but I would imagine there would be public backlash for any players that did so.
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 02 Apr 20 12:25
Are they still a Jewish run club?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo