Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
slip5
22 Mar 20 15:27
| Topic/replies: 25,299 | Blogger: slip5's blog
Coronavirus chaos at UK borders as up to 7,500 visitors arrive in Britain from the three nations with highest death tolls - and flights from Italy, China and Iran are still landing despite lockdown

Thousands of passengers from Italy, China and Iran arrived in Britain this week
Flights from Rome, Beijing and Shanghai have landed in London every day
British Airways, easyJet and Ryanair cancelled flights to Rome but route is open
European Union banned nearly all travellers from outside the bloc for 30 days

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8139529/Flights-Italy-Iran-China-landing-Britain-despite-UK-coronavirus-lockdown.html#reader-comments

Lockdown means nothing here in UK
Pause Switch to Standard View Coronavirus chaos at UK borders as up...
Show More
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 2:34 PM GMT
its madness , as is internal uk travel to tourist hotspots , folk fleeing city etc

im fairly sure all theses imbeciles will trigger the final measure , border closures and a kind of French style lockdown

no option left
Report boz2 March 22, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
UK Lockdown in 4.00 Westminster (nap)
Report slip5 March 22, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
No one cares about loss of life as long as profits are in
Report davidr March 22, 2020 2:40 PM GMT
Why is everything here in the UK, reactive, not proactive? I hate to say this, but Boris' government is losing the plot, not taking this seriously enough even now.
Report ZEALOT March 22, 2020 2:43 PM GMT
Why do you read newspapers or watch the news ? it has no place in my life whatsoever . If something is going to happen it will . Get a life before you end up buried or cremated . DITCH ALL NEWS NOW .
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 2:44 PM GMT
davidr 22 Mar 20 14:40   

Why is everything here in the UK, reactive, not proactive? I hate to say this, but Boris' government is losing the plot, not taking this seriously enough even now

the herd immunity prog has sadly backfired I think and strategy re thought again

doesn't matter really , all that matters is taking responsibility as individuals now , its down to us
Report boz2 March 22, 2020 2:49 PM GMT
France is roughly a week ahead of us in terms of the virus and my French neighbour tells me Boris is almost parrotting Macron word for word, but delayed a few days, so expect a lockdown announcement today or tomorrow.
Report ZEALOT March 22, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
Human beings are appalling creatures . You only have to look at the shyte that goes on on social media . These scumbags who have emptied shelves - this pandemic has unmasked them all . Nothing short of animalistic . DOG EAT DOG and I'M ALRIGHT JACK spring to mind .
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
inevitable mate
Report Darlo Bantam March 22, 2020 2:54 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2020 -- 9:40AM, davidr wrote:

Why is everything here in the UK, reactive, not proactive? I hate to say this, but Boris' government is losing the plot, not taking this seriously enough even now.

Keep reading comments online describing their job as "excellent", "outstanding", etc. Jeez, I'd hate to see their descriptions of an average or even awful job.

Report Tiger Tiger March 22, 2020 2:55 PM GMT
There are always alternative views:

March 22, 2020 (I)

Regarding the situation in Italy: Most major media again falsely reported that Italy yesterday had 797 deaths from the coronavirus. In reality, the president of the Italian Civil Protection Service stressed that these are deaths „with the coronavirus and not from the coronavirus“ (minute 03:30 of the press conference). In other words, these persons died while also testing positive.

As world renowned Professors Ioannidis and Bhakdi have shown, countries like South Korea and Japan that introduced no lockdown measures have experienced near-zero excess mortality in connection with Covid-19, while the Diamond Princess cruise ship experienced an extra­polated mortality figure in the per mille range, i.e. at or below the level of the seasonal flu.

Current test-positive death figures in Italy are still less than 50% of normal daily overall mortality in Italy, which is around 1800 deaths per day. Thus it is possible, perhaps even likely, that a large part of normal daily mortality now simply counts as „Covid19“ deaths (as they test positive). This is the point stressed by the President of the Italian Civil Protection Service.

However, by now it is clear that certain regions in Northern Italy, i.e. those facing the toughest lockdown measures, are experiencing markedly increased daily mortality figures. It is also known that in the Lombardy region, 90% of test-positive deaths occur not in intensive care units, but instead mostly at home. And more than 99% have serious pre-existing health conditions.

Professor Sucharit Bhakdi has called lockdown measures „useless“, „self-destructive“ and a „collective suicide“. Thus the extremely troubling question arises as to what extent the increased mortality of these elderly, isolated, highly stressed people with multiple pre-existing health conditions may in fact be caused by the weeks-long lockdown measures still in force.

If so, it may be one of those cases where the treatment is worse than the disease.

March 22, 2020 (II)

In Switzerland, there are currently 56 test-positive deaths, all of whom were „high risk patients“ due to their advanced age and/or pre-existing health conditions. Their actual cause of death, i.e. from or simply with the virus, has not been communicated.
The Swiss government claimed that the situation in southern Switzerland (next to Italy) is „dramatic“, yet local doctors denied this and said everything is normal.
According to press reports, oxygen bottles may become scarce. The reason, however, is not a currently higher usage, but rather hoarding due to fear of future shortages.
In many countries, there is already an increasing shortage of doctors and nurses. This is primarily because healthcare workers testing positive have to self-quarantine, even though in many cases they will remain fully or largely symptom-free.
March 22, 2020 (III)

A model from Imperial College London predicted between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths in the UK „from“ Covid-19, but the authors of the study have now conceded that many of these deaths are part of the normal annual mortality rate, which in the UK is 600,000 people per year. „In short, they would have died anyway“, the BBC health correspondent writes.

Dr. David Katz, founding director of the Yale University Prevention Research Center, asks in the New York Times: „Is Our Fight Against Coronavirus Worse Than the Disease? There may be more targeted ways to beat the pandemic.“
Report Darlo Bantam March 22, 2020 2:55 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2020 -- 9:49AM, boz2 wrote:

France is roughly a week ahead of us in terms of the virus and my French neighbour tells me Boris is almost parrotting Macron word for word, but delayed a few days, so expect a lockdown announcement today or tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I hope it does come to that.

In the west, it seems we live a life of utter luxury. Viruses don't know the size of a person's bank account. Freedom is actually our enemy here.

Report Whippin Piccadilly March 22, 2020 2:58 PM GMT
Selfish people making their way down to their 2nd homes here in South Devon after flying around the world for the last couple of months. Sheer incompetence from our Government. I won't even mention how our Gov. after taking advice from the even more incompetent & corrupt WHO, allowed direct flights to and from Wuhan from as late as 28th JANUARY and even suggested that the "risk to the UK population was very low" and for travellers to Wuhan as "low" FFS!
Report Brother Mouzone March 22, 2020 3:01 PM GMT
The lockdown is going to have to happen.

I live opposite a park and I've never seen it so busy, it's never been even close to this in the ten or so years I've lived here, I wondered what the feck was going on when I got up and the road was full with cars , it's fookin mental.
Report ZEALOT March 22, 2020 3:05 PM GMT
Most folk are as thick as fyk . Sheeple is all they are . What the hell would they be like if it became a matter of life or death . PATHETIC .
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 3:05 PM GMT
tiger

seen this argument for many weeks , only a flu , they would have died anyway

its saying let them die as they would have anyway

not my kind of society mate tbh im voting save lives every time
Report slip5 March 22, 2020 3:12 PM GMT
The Corana virus is viscious more deadly than a snake cobra bite.
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 3:16 PM GMT
you could line 100,000 of them up and they wouldn't reach across a fingernail , reason masks only cut down the cough spray they don't eliminate it
Report eeee aw March 22, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
Tiger - spot on.  Thanks for posting the common sense view. 

My question is, are they going to implement these draconian measures every winter to deal with the seasonal cold/flu viruses that spread throughout the population and, no doubt, affect the elderly with pre-existing health conditions more severely than others?  And why have they never introduced such draconian measures to deal with similar cold/flu viruses in the past?  This coneveryone virus is, after all, just another cold/flu virus strain that healthy people recover from in a couple of days.
Report onlooker March 22, 2020 3:46 PM GMT
The immense ANOMALY here is - GERMANY

ITALY  -  53,578     Cases     =    4,825 DEATHS

SPAIN  -  28,572     Cases     =    1,753 DEATHS

FRANCE -  14,459     Cases     =     562 DEATHS

GERMANY - 22,364     Cases     =     84 DEATHS

Are ITALY and GERMANY recording the CAUSE of Death DIFFERENTLY - or WHAT is the reason?
Report Tiger Tiger March 22, 2020 3:49 PM GMT
In Germany they record the reason of death as the underlying illness, not the one that just 'sees them past the post'.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 22, 2020 3:49 PM GMT
Cos Germany have a very LOW threshold for saying its a
virus

Italy because they are very high % old pensioners

Wink
Report casemoney March 22, 2020 3:50 PM GMT
Human beings are appalling creatures . You only have to look at the shyte that goes on on social media . These scumbags who have emptied shelves - this pandemic has unmasked them all . Nothing short of animalistic . DOG EAT DOG and I'M ALRIGHT JACK spring to mind .

Absolutely Spot , Found it shocking when I got to the supermarket Late on thursday

What happened to LUVVIE culture hypocritical Stains the Lot of them...
Report chavman March 22, 2020 3:52 PM GMT
UK by their own admission have no statistics covering the overlap
Report terry mccann March 22, 2020 3:54 PM GMT
Zealots is correct,stop watching the main stream news,they will only tell you what they want you to hear.And the bloody papers the same
Report eeee aw March 22, 2020 3:57 PM GMT
Because it doesn't seem to matter about the anomalies in the official figures.  The great unwashed do not have enquiring minds and do not notice these things.  They will believe whatever they are told to believe by the controlled media.  End of.
Report isleham March 22, 2020 3:59 PM GMT
between 15.55 and 16.00 5 flights from rome landed at heathrow..do not know if passengers got off but still food for thought
Report hello :-) March 22, 2020 4:44 PM GMT
terry mccann 22 Mar 20 15:54   

Zealots is correct,stop watching the main stream news,they will only tell you what they want you to hear.And the bloody papers the same

terry mate you and others spend your lives looking at you tube vids and david icke

is this not news ? of a different sort

and also how do you know how to find the conspiracy if you don't know the story at the beginning ?
Report carrot1960 March 22, 2020 5:09 PM GMT
Australia closed the borders and there as of today only 7 deaths from the virus
Report davidr March 22, 2020 5:10 PM GMT
Haven't they had more deaths from forest fires this year?
Report impossible123 March 22, 2020 5:15 PM GMT
^^
Utter ridiculous someone can compare deaths from forest fires to Covid-19 victims.
Report Coachbuster March 22, 2020 5:20 PM GMT
Human beings are appalling creatures . You only have to look at the shyte that goes on on social media . These scumbags who have emptied shelves - this pandemic has unmasked them all

unmasked  ? Laugh  life is like this the whole time  ,people's greed at others expense ...it pretty much sums up how society is at the very top but now the unwashed are getting in on the act because they are at liberty to behave like that    ...it's only apparent now because you can  physically see it
Report davidr March 22, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
Why is a death from covid-19 any worse than a death from a Oz forest fire? Each hurts their loved ones equally.
Report geordie1956 March 22, 2020 5:45 PM GMT
To respond to the OP I must admit I think the only flights at the moment should be to bring UK residents back from different part of the world and any flights leaving the UK are to assist and repatriate holidaymakers back to their own place of residence
Other than these people the only other flights should be for those involved with the Coronavirus fight who might be liaising with their counterparts elsewhere
These aren't normal times & we must try to eliminate this pandemic asap with very restrictive measures some of which I'd prefer were not necessary ...
Report geordie1956 March 22, 2020 5:48 PM GMT
"Why is a death from covid-19 any worse than a death from a Oz forest fire? Each hurts their loved ones equally."

One is a natural disaster (depending on how you view climate change) the other is certainly of mans making and should have been avoidable! - the suffering of immediate families is aways the same of course
Report Somerset Sam March 22, 2020 6:33 PM GMT
This virus has brought out the worst in people but to balance it out a bit the best as well.

The selfish panic buyers and those who either cannot or choose not, to follow basic instructions for everyone's benefit, are balanced out by the group of keyworkers **** putting their lives at risk to keep the country moving of sorts and trying to save those in dire need.
Report Somerset Sam March 22, 2020 6:44 PM GMT
"Who are" is in place of the asterisks.Laugh
Report onlooker March 22, 2020 6:57 PM GMT
Sam - I wonder if you missed the 'a' out of 'who are' - or missed  the space between the words - and the algorithm read it as '****'.... that, presumably, being a banned word.

This post will tell us - when we see how it transposes.
Report onlooker March 22, 2020 6:58 PM GMT
1.01 LANDED  = W H O R E

I amaze myself at times. GrinHappy
Report Somerset Sam March 22, 2020 7:46 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2020 -- 1:57PM, onlooker wrote:

Sam - I wonder if you missed the 'a' out of 'who are' - or missed  the space between the words - and the algorithm read it as '****'.... that, presumably, being a banned word.This post will tell us - when we see how it transposes.

Yeah, you're right, it was who ' re that was deleted out.LaughLaugh

Report Somerset Sam March 22, 2020 7:46 PM GMT
It just ignored the apostrophe!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com