Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the dealer
16 Mar 20 20:16
| Topic/replies: 21,850 | Blogger: the dealer's blog
read elsewhere paddys and boyle sports closing their shops till the end of march
Pause Switch to Standard View anyone confirm
Show More
Report stewarty b March 16, 2020 6:38 PM GMT
Rest would have to follow surely?
Report know all March 16, 2020 6:40 PM GMT
wow got 900 to collect from al bon photo  better get a move on
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 6:41 PM GMT
not so sure about that, Ladbrokes will probably keep trading to get that bit extra business although I believe they aren't liked over there and not closing would hardly up their popularity.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 6:44 PM GMT
heard a story that seems to be true that a certain bookmaker is asking folk with symptoms to phone in, they will be asked questions and the person on the other end of the phone will decide if you should stay at home or go to work, can I add that person is not medically trained in any way to make that decision. hence why I think a total lockdown is the only answer as France are seemingly going to do
Report knot in wood March 16, 2020 7:09 PM GMT
there is only one person i know who can get over a fiver on with paddy powderpuff and from what i have read and heard spoils are even worse.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
that's true Grin

seems Ladbrokes are keeping theirs open over there at the moment
Report knot in wood March 16, 2020 7:14 PM GMT
dealer- that lamont racing horse with haslam went backwards LTO.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 7:20 PM GMT
it looked that way, although first time in a handicap I am always willing to give it a chance if one of the three runs shows potential. don't really have much contact with them now, apart from the occasional horse to bet from the stables where they have horses
Report knot in wood March 16, 2020 7:24 PM GMT
thats fair enough.

learned to my cost over the years, writing horses off after 1 poor run.
Report KeMoH March 16, 2020 7:26 PM GMT
sitting in Paddy's now - no one has told us!
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
in Ireland KeMoh because it seems they deffo close tonight
Report KeMoH March 16, 2020 7:30 PM GMT
Couldn't confirm whether this is true or not, I'm in the West Mids!
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 7:33 PM GMT
its just the irish shops so far
Report ronnie rails March 16, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
dealer
gvc have reported to the city there expect no euros  no football till june
Aintree and ascot behind  closed doors and 130 million knocked off profits.
hope you are well
regards
ronnie
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 7:59 PM GMT
cheers Ronnie, hope all is well with you as well, cant see the national taking place even behind closed doors
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:07 PM GMT
It's all about online lads,that's where the money is,some of the shops are barely breaking even and are there just for "Comfort" advertising.
Report stewarty b March 16, 2020 8:09 PM GMT
Anyone name 5 books you can phone a bet?
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 8:10 PM GMT
https://www.theirishfield.ie/news-betting-shops-shutting-down-voluntarily-53...
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
Stewrd paddy bet 365
Laddies billies  paddy text bet easy no waiting text your bet
It comes back with confirmation u get bonuses for text betting enhanced prices etc
If your thinking of opening a paddy let me know al get us both a free £50 bet ha ha !
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:14 PM GMT
Burkey,it won't cost them a farthing to close those shops as even the most Luddite of us will be forced to go online to have a bet.

They might even decide not to reopen them....
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 8:14 PM GMT
Be an easy way to cut down staff in shops
They will get fed up look fir other jobs if on sick pay
And no redundancy to pay
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:16 PM GMT
Staff will be easily moved on because of the "Virus effect" on business and it will be not PP's fault,their shop leases will be their final Hurdle....
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 8:17 PM GMT
Punch I spoke to 2nd in Command of one of the big high street
He says eventually we will have one staff member like an arcade just to check machines work ok
But it back fired when the gov put stake restrictions on machines in shops
Now it Seems on line is they way they are heading
Report pleasedontgetinjuredclanroyal March 16, 2020 8:26 PM GMT
burkey...is that the deputy manager in a shop when you say 2nd in command ?
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:26 PM GMT
his is mana from heaven for the big boys,no need to have offices in the High St any more.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 8:29 PM GMT
while long term like everything retail at the moment you would be correct but there is still plenty of shops making plenty of money.
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:33 PM GMT
while long term like everything retail at the moment you would be correct but there is still plenty of shops making plenty of money.
---------------------------

But if they see their online business suddenly going upwards dramatically coinciding with shop closures it will be a fairly easy decision to make.

The whole thing will hinge on Racing continuing behind closed doors because if racing is cancelled completely who knows.
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 8:35 PM GMT

Mar 16, 2020 -- 10:26PM, pleasedontgetinjuredclanroyal wrote:

burkey...is that the deputy manager in a shop when you say 2nd in command ?

Head honcho not shop manager  laddies

Report the dealer March 16, 2020 8:37 PM GMT
cant see them not being on the high street as long as they are making money, just like any other retail business
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 8:38 PM GMT
and what would his name be Mart ?????
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 8:43 PM GMT
the dealer,it depends on how long this thing goes on for,it could be months and the betting shop would be a distant memory because for months  if you wanted a bet it was either online or your friendly barman taking the bet,at best I can see a serious cull of shops when the fog eventually lifts.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 8:48 PM GMT
same for every industry, no one knows what will happen but if and when we get back to near normality they wont not reopen shops that make money and the majority still do, after the recent cull of shops over the last year or so
Report punchestown March 16, 2020 9:00 PM GMT
It will be a numbers game at the end of the day (virus).
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:02 PM GMT
true but starting to think it has become more of a money numbers game as well
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:03 PM GMT
if we have any money left at the end of it Sad
Report pleasedontgetinjuredclanroyal March 16, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
ladbrokes coral

key people

chairman john kelly

CEO jim mullen

CFO ian bull

COO andy hornsby

2nd in command = jim mullen....so he said eventually shops would just have one staff member like arcades Burkey ?
Report ronnie rails March 16, 2020 9:09 PM GMT
dealer
we might have no money left.

dow down 13%

regards
Ronnie.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:10 PM GMT
he has been on the phone trying to get his name. I doubt it was any of the above but he has all the contacts as we know
Report ronnie rails March 16, 2020 9:12 PM GMT
dealer

think that lot went many moons ago.

regards
Ronnie.
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 9:16 PM GMT
Am taking the 5th but it was one of em
I put a 12 quid correct score treble on about a few days after they fitted machines
Girl at counter says if u out it on machine al add a free fiver ie a £ 17 treble
The original pay out wd have been £7800
For a £12 treble the machine odds only payed £3700
I got in touch he sorted it he says no ways the odds should be that dif I can totally
Understand u being unhappy o had to put a penny bet on and collected the full amount
Very nice guy he is
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:16 PM GMT
thanks Ronnie yes a few belters there imo
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 9:17 PM GMT

Mar 16, 2020 -- 11:10PM, the dealer wrote:

he has been on the phone trying to get his name. I doubt it was any of the above but he has all the contacts as we know

Wrong again dealer

Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:22 PM GMT
who was he then ?
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:24 PM GMT
2nd in shop, district, maybe even area but not the company thats as near a cert as you will ever get
Report Nirnaeth Arnoediad March 16, 2020 9:28 PM GMT
So you've been speaking with SS then?
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 9:34 PM GMT
mart with regards him being nice to you and paying you out, its a bit like Paddy and the free bets, there is always a reason why you get this fantastic gestures......
Report bustino March 16, 2020 9:38 PM GMT
Boyles and PP Close from tonite untill end of month its f**king depressing if uk shops follow suit end of racing while their shut as their contribution through picture rights keep the smaller courses open.............Arena has stopped owers attending track where they have runners..........even if you were able to get a flight and f**k off somewhere but where do u go.........its going to be a long few months
Report geoff m March 16, 2020 9:42 PM GMT
Burkey188516 Mar 20 21:16Joined: 21 Nov 17 | Topic/replies: 16,081 | Blogger: Burkey1885's blog
Am taking the 5th but it was one of em

If we dont have racing will we still have Jackanory with Mart reading more fairy stories from Hans Christian Andersen.

WHAT A MUPPETT

Altho i did speak to John Brown  ex MD @ Hills
Report GLASGOWCALLING March 16, 2020 9:53 PM GMT
Mart, if you cant tell the better odds between a machine and a coupon you really shouldnt be betting. !!
Report Burkey1885 March 16, 2020 10:40 PM GMT

Mar 16, 2020 -- 11:53PM, GLASGOWCALLING wrote:

Mart, if you cant tell the better odds between a machine and a coupon you really shouldnt be betting. !!

Of coarse I do she put the bet on for me I presumed the £17 wd be far more never looked
Prob the luckiest bet I ever had  a guy who used to post on here messaged me as I had told him I just stuck a treble on
My 1st team was 1-1 a French outfit he messaged me saying that’s your bet Goosed so I tossed it in the bin
Then I get a text later lucky bar stewrd err ? He says that free game stayed 1-1
Next up was Chelsea 2-1 it was 1-1 after 93 min
And I through the bet in the same bin in corner
Just as it went in I had the pc set to ping if  goal it’s buzzes I turned around Chelsea scored 94 th
Next up was hearts Sunday hearts 2-0 up against hibs ave got 2-1. 93 agsin am busting fir a leak goes into pub loo
Wet floor sign so tip toes in , next hears a roar I galloped a fell through the door sliding along the carpet as I looked up everyone pointed to the tv  hibs scores 1st time ave ever celebrated a hibs goal !
It gets worse I was originally putting a 15 quid bet as o was at the counter my ma called saying sin can u get me cheese
Am wanting to make home made macaroni she was  73 at time bless her
I said to the girl at counter can I chsnge it ti 12 quid please that’s when she says look if if u put it on machine al add a free fiver bet I said never used it they had only just came into shops ,
Tbe 1st thing I did was calm me mum and say mum that cheese cost me just under 2 k  bless
I stuck 400 behind the bar on it was a Sunday 7 never made work lol

Report Rob_The_Bantam March 17, 2020 11:02 AM GMT
Next up on 'Things That Never Happened'...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com