Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
16 Mar 20 17:08
| Topic/replies: 13,816 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
got thru almost immediately,was on £15 for 5 months,was offered contract 6 months on £10 and then 6 months on £24.95.
Cancelled anyway.
Pause Switch to Standard View Just phoned to cancel Racing Uk
Show More
Report big aitch March 16, 2020 4:13 PM GMT
I'm paying £24.99 a month and was thinking of cancelling as I think racing is going to be affected very badly
Report SlippyBlue March 16, 2020 4:20 PM GMT
I was paying  £12.99 per month and was then offered  £15 per month when that deal expired which  I agreed to.  I found out the other day they took  £24.98 out of my account so rang them to accuse them of what basically is sharp practice and wanted to cancel.  They then gave me 12 months  @12.49 which  I agreed to.  A very slippery outfit indeed is that firm.
Report 1st time poster March 16, 2020 4:26 PM GMT
tangle so you were offered roughly £18 a month for a year,for probably less or no racing
Report tanglefoot March 16, 2020 5:28 PM GMT
Yep,approx £17.50/ month,I would say the value of the transmission is about £12.50 to £15.
As I back selectively and usually don’t watch the races I punt in, and watch the replay,there are other ways to get my fix.Grin
Report know all March 16, 2020 5:28 PM GMT
i had it for 15 years every day glued to the tv then they put the price up and cancelled not gone back and you get your life back, you can get all replays for free so you dont need it but you think you cant do without it, you can
Report RothmanMike March 16, 2020 5:54 PM GMT
So you can't go to the racecourse to watch racing, and now you cancel RUK so that seems sensible.
That leaves Betfair video or spending hours in a betting shop.
Not for me, I am very happy with RUK.
Report isleham March 16, 2020 6:00 PM GMT
never understand if people bet why they cant afford either 50p or £1 a day
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 6:11 PM GMT
isleham with many it isn't the money, its the principle of them charging so much for one channel. would you pay £20 for one sky or bt sport channel?
Report tanglefoot March 16, 2020 6:33 PM GMT
Yes,dealer that is the nub of the problem,u can get the entertainment  Sky package 4 about £25,why pay for 1channel for same price,when there are alternatives,eg bookmakers are showing racing on their online sites.
Report the dealer March 16, 2020 6:35 PM GMT
more is less, had they charged a tenner there revenue would be much more
Report timbuctooth March 17, 2020 4:24 AM GMT
There`s already another thread going about MAG boxes, but no one`s posted that you also receive both racing channels on them.
Report duncan idaho March 17, 2020 10:55 AM GMT
which is the thread about MAGA boxes, tim?
Report duncan idaho March 17, 2020 10:57 AM GMT
ok, got it..acey's Sky Sports thread
Report grayhawk March 17, 2020 1:00 PM GMT
Someone stick the phone number on this thread cos there's gonna be a queue to cancel from tomorrow....
Report equine flew March 17, 2020 1:02 PM GMT
More time to enjoy the Cheltenham Replays
Report foxy March 17, 2020 1:12 PM GMT
So let’s all cancel and finish the channel of ffs I thought everyone on this forum got fortunes at the game yet many can’t wait to save a bit of money ,the government say were all in it together to get the country through this ,don’t fancy the chances with you lot on board.
Report sparrow March 17, 2020 1:16 PM GMT
Grin
Report tanglefoot March 17, 2020 1:18 PM GMT
foxy,the t**** says,PANIC and QUARANTINE.
Report kevo March 17, 2020 1:56 PM GMT
A lot of things have changed since RUK was launched, you now get bookmaker proud sponsors, bookmaker adverts etc. That grates on me when you have paid for a subscription channel.

Also the same price for everyone, not the constant haggling for a better deal.
Report foxy March 17, 2020 1:58 PM GMT
Agree with all that kevo
Report ribero1 March 17, 2020 2:26 PM GMT
Spot on Kevo,i've never paid anything but full subscription,also foxy I wouldn't worry about them going out of business,the amount of presenters-pundits they have is firstly mind boggling and secondly totally unnecessary.
Report foxy March 17, 2020 2:30 PM GMT
Any guesses ribero when racing tv will show live racing again in the uk?
Report duffy March 17, 2020 2:33 PM GMT
It isn't going to be in 6 weeks timer that's a certainty
Report grayhawk March 17, 2020 2:37 PM GMT
It grates on me that i'm paying towards the most pointless job on television ....Dave Nevisons role AngryAngryAngryAngry nowt against Dave but it's a disgrace that they're still employing someone to do that " job "
Report timbuctooth March 17, 2020 2:41 PM GMT
Just had a look to remind myself;

Every Premiership game
Every Championship game
Some 1st and 2nd Division games
Most, maybe all, La Liga/Serie A/Ligue/Bundesliga games, many from other European/American leagues
All NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL games
William Hill/Coral TV

Hundreds of foreign channels; your friends visiting from Mexico/Turkey/Bamgladesh/wherever can keep in touch with their favourite soap operas

Surf the net
Download your own videos and stuff onto it
Hundreds of radio channels
Thousands of music albums
Catch-up

No, I DON`T work for them! It`s just that MAGs are an excellent product/service, unbelievable value, I like to spread the word.
Report ribero1 March 17, 2020 2:45 PM GMT
Hi foxy,have to agree with Duffy think it could be much longer than 6 weeks,hope i'm wrong obviously but when you stop I can see it being hard to start up again.
Report howard March 17, 2020 2:54 PM GMT
Any way to cancel if you joined on a 12 month contract a couple of weeks ago ?  I tend to think racing will be off until at least autumn.
Report jamesdean March 17, 2020 2:56 PM GMT
Not disagreeing but why would it be hard to start up again after 6 weeks all going well?
Report foxy March 17, 2020 2:56 PM GMT
The German war machine didn’t stop the derby
Report howard March 17, 2020 3:03 PM GMT
Well the next 4-6 weeks could see the most deaths from the virus. But there could be a global financial meltdown/ reset which you could argue is a bigger deal than a few million old folks dying.
Report ribero1 March 17, 2020 3:04 PM GMT
different times foxy,Littlejohn today in the mail quotes a letter in the telegraph from a retired doctor who qualified in 1953,the doctor suggesting if this had happened then nothing would have happened,i.e. the same numbers would have got flu and the same number of frail elderly etc would have unfortunately died but the world would have just carried on as normal.
Report Tiger Tiger March 17, 2020 3:07 PM GMT
No Racing from Wednesday Cry
Report AaJay March 17, 2020 3:07 PM GMT
It stopped Blue Peters triple crown bid in the St Leger
Report howard March 17, 2020 3:12 PM GMT
ribero , I think he's largely correct. But maybe the world would have carried on because the masses didn't have the internet or even phones/tv's  and wouldn't react to protect relatives and other people. Just get ill and carry on.
Report ribero1 March 17, 2020 3:24 PM GMT
Agree Howard,one could argue its 24 hour news social media etc to how we've ended up here.Was out with the dog an hour ago and walked past the pub,every Tuesday in the next village they have a retired mens forum average age I would guess well over 70 and a lot of them then come to the pub for lunch,whilst the car park no means rammed it looked like plenty were ignoring government advice.
Report isleham March 17, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
dealer..apologies for the delay but re the charge for one channel
i pay £15 currently and £58 for sky with hundreds of channels
but the point to emphasis i probably watch ruk 10 times more than than all the sky ones put together
so at a £1 a day seems cheap and even more so when compared with the bbc license fee
Report duffy March 17, 2020 3:36 PM GMT
6 weeks isn't the figure they've come up with after consideration of how this thing will end, it's just a figure they've come up with before they give the next update, at which point we will be told, see you in another 6 weeks and so on.

The whole world is going to grind to a halt with no real idea of when we will see anything like normality again, they are envisaging the peak to be in May/June, but that was given out when the policy was for everyone to get it, now we are adopting suppression which will elongate the whole thing, the peak whenever that is will last for months and then they will want a period of quiet in a bid to ward off the second wave.

I'm thinking that society won't be back to anything like normal for at least a year.

Put it this way, when we are back, get ready to latch onto stables that can get them fit first time.Laugh
Report foxy March 17, 2020 3:44 PM GMT
So in a nutshell Duffy besides all that everything will be fine
Report duffy March 17, 2020 3:46 PM GMT
YepLaugh
Report isleham March 17, 2020 3:47 PM GMT
if the chinese could close it down relatively quickly why are we talking months and months
Report isleham March 17, 2020 3:47 PM GMT
if the chinese could close it down relatively quickly why are we talking months and months
Report howard March 17, 2020 3:48 PM GMT
Think you're right Duffy. And there are big moves in the financial world. I've just read the fed is likely to ask congress to change the law so they can purchase corporate bonds and also buy stocks. They are already going ahead with giving unsecured loans to companies with good enough ratings. We know how accurate some of these have been in the past.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com