Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Willie Shafter.
28 Feb 20 07:56
| Topic/replies: 38,852 | Blogger: Willie Shafter.'s blog
Schools could be closed for eight weeks and sporting fixtures such as FA Cup, Grand National and London Marathon postponed under emergency plan to contain coronavirus as three new cases in one day are confirmed in Britain

Cry
Pause Switch to Standard View Cheltenham in doubt
Show More
Report SontaranStratagem March 2, 2020 3:10 PM GMT
Get Brian Cox to give him a bell to talk about climate change....
Report elise March 2, 2020 4:31 PM GMT
joking as I was, daughters school now have a positive test for corona
Report GoBallistic March 2, 2020 4:46 PM GMT
No reason why the government could not make a definite decision now

By this time next week there will be another zero on the number of confirmed cases and a handful of resulting deaths.  What more do you need to know in order to decide ?
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2020 4:49 PM GMT
after sat on a plane with crew ,going through 2 airports,transport home,pop to the shops,walk down the street ,quick catch up with family and friends,those returning from tenerife,like those from Italy and iran have to self isolate, LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report elise March 2, 2020 4:51 PM GMT
bloke in our supermarket was telling me he was in n italy and got back 2 hours before they were instructed to self isolate, several families we know went skiing half term week same place, all returned to work and all kids went to school
Report posy March 2, 2020 5:07 PM GMT
Went to the Natural History museum to see the Wildlife photography exhibition ;the underground was the quietest I've seen it at the times I was travelling. The plus side of people 'working at home' or otherwise staying away makes London a great place to visit at present.
Report EastLower Gooner March 2, 2020 5:18 PM GMT
Don’t suppose anyone did analysis of horses who would benefit from not having 50k drunkards shouting at them?
Report duffy March 2, 2020 5:23 PM GMT
or which horses who will be c0cking their jaw toward the empty stands up the run in wondering where every fooker isLaugh
Report foxy March 2, 2020 5:25 PM GMT
That’s unfair gooner on the crowd on the first 3 days.
Report elise March 2, 2020 5:31 PM GMT
I would come and find you with a coffee foxy but im not going
Report EastLower Gooner March 2, 2020 5:32 PM GMT
Ok...so we can apply said theory to the 4th day only. It’s a work in progress theory...

Time to start looking at who got themselves all worked up and upset before the gold cup last year...
Report elise March 2, 2020 5:33 PM GMT
talking of which if they have their concession, the little coffee hut at the end of the stand (as in closest to Guinness) does the best coffee I've had outside the house
Report 1st time poster March 2, 2020 5:36 PM GMT
is that the one with all the liquers,splashes etc to add
Report Mister Westsound March 2, 2020 6:18 PM GMT
Any measures announced tomorrow as part of the cobra "action plan" require primary legislation which will not even be presented before parliament until next week and will take several weeks to become law.
Report SontaranStratagem March 2, 2020 6:38 PM GMT
Governments have been given all this power (well they're handlers have given themselves all the power masqueraded in the government brand)

If they want to stop all travel, events, public gatherings etc they can basically do it, but how are they going to implement it? if they stop all public gatherings that means coppers as well LaughLaugh

I'm sure some loop hole/plot device will be created to get around that Tongue Out
Report dr . atkins March 2, 2020 6:38 PM GMT
1.25 to be on
Report SontaranStratagem March 2, 2020 6:39 PM GMT
dr

I think everyone with a functioning brain cell will know they ain't cancelling their little get togethers
Report SontaranStratagem March 2, 2020 6:41 PM GMT
Some plot device will be created to explain that one away

something along the lines of "we ain't ruining our facking day outs for you lot"
Report SontaranStratagem March 2, 2020 6:43 PM GMT
But after the event it'll be some pop concert being cancelled because well, they don't attend them

But the queen and her corgies are not allowing this to be cancelled
Report mmmalushka March 2, 2020 6:49 PM GMT
Any decisions on major event cancellations wont be left to any politicians.The four  Chief Medical Officers of the Home Countries will make their
recomendations and these will be acted upon. Scotland v France in the six nations this Sunday will hopefully be on but must be in the balance given
the action the French Authorities are taking.
Report Darlo Bantam March 2, 2020 10:31 PM GMT
Headline right now on the Guardian website:

'Feed the nation' Supermarkets draw up contingency plans as virus spreads

Talk about pathetic media manipulation into creating panic.
Report hello :-) March 2, 2020 10:36 PM GMT
after what has happened in china and Italy to certain extent I can understand a little

there were shops in northern Italy even cleaned out of pasta even dried stuff , I guess its because imports would be effected maybe also
Report xmoneyx March 2, 2020 10:42 PM GMT
times saying football matches behind closed doors
Report hello :-) March 2, 2020 10:47 PM GMT
hard to understand when there are no new cases , certainly not enough to create panic , unless they know more than we do
Report Arklearkle March 3, 2020 12:56 AM GMT
IMO there is no liklihood of Chelters not going ahead. The good prices are all gone but even at 1.34 it's money for old rope. Get on before the arber money dries up.
Report bustino March 3, 2020 8:15 AM GMT
Its a 1.2 shot to be cancelled.........i think the market is that racing will not take place next Tuesday 10/03/2020.........so one has to take into account weather heavy frost storms etc.......if you have strong winds gusts of 100 mph good chance Tues could go prob a greater probability then the virus......snow etc
Report Brian March 3, 2020 8:32 AM GMT
Its 4.1 to be cancelled. Little chance of weather stopping it according to forecast.
Report xmoneyx March 3, 2020 8:47 AM GMT
weather forecast during festival

9° ave

light rain/sunny

moderate winds at worst
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 10:33 AM GMT
A bill that would allow the government to use extra powers to help control the virus is expected to go through Parliament by the END OF THE MONTH .

Why is it still only 1.2 ?? Are we expecting a hurricane ??
Report elise March 3, 2020 10:41 AM GMT
fk me i  think sky have finally caught on to what's coming
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 10:55 AM GMT
nothing the government is say should've had this impact on the price of racing going ahead.
there's no chance of crowds at Cheltenham imo , between the lines the government have spelled it out !

so then why has it shortened drastically to 1.17 to go ahead . clearly 'inside money' think we should assume.

So its clear to me that a decision has now been made to go ahead behind closed doors if need be.
Report elise March 3, 2020 10:57 AM GMT
im reading this as they don't want to pull the trigger yet because they want to wait until enough people have got it to make it worth the disruption

on that basis, there's a good chance chelt would be ok, i'd be more worried about Aintree (re horse racing), but the evidence says that at some point this is going to happen
Report elise March 3, 2020 10:58 AM GMT
his 1% will die doesn't quite sit with the 3% that we're seeing elsewhere though, even on his numbers that's 60-70k deaths
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:01 AM GMT
END OF THE MONTH

Hush it appears as it stands they cannot just tell the Nation what to do ?? As for closed doors how do you stop 50,000 people with valid tickets
from entering ??

It will go ahead as normal IMVHO
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:04 AM GMT
As I have stated before ,Mass crowd rule will involve the Shut down of the tube ,which will probably be the biggest spreader of the virus in the uk

With millions travelling in uncirculated air every day ... When that Happens anything can follow ...
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 11:04 AM GMT
5% of the population off work , no i'm reading it as restrictions are coming soon , get ready

anyway nobody would be backing 1.17 based on the government 'reassurance' thats for sure.

only explanation in this price is that a decision has been made to go ahead behind closed doors if needs must
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:05 AM GMT
disruption is coming, but they to me look likely to wait one to two weeks and on that basis i think chelt will now make it
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:06 AM GMT
and just to be clear, that's 5% at anyone time, not 5% total, they are talking about 5% across several weeks where some recover and some become sick
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:06 AM GMT
As it stands 1 reported case in London from this extremely dangerous disease , Someone somewhere is over hyping matters ...
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 11:07 AM GMT
the organisers will have no choice , forget turning up waving your ticket saying its not law yet
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:07 AM GMT
i'd take confirmed numbers with a pinch of salt
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:08 AM GMT
You cannot leave the Tube running and ban sporting events Makes absolutely no sense
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:09 AM GMT
if you look in the plan you'll see that transport restrictions and the request for non essential users to avoid it is in there
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 11:11 AM GMT
makes no sense but also wouldn't hurt and will seem irresponsible to go ahead.

but the point about the odds , 1.17 based on government briefings ??!! no chance

my point is the odds are now indicating we'll be going ahead , even if its behind closed doors.

so promising really
Report xaar March 3, 2020 11:12 AM GMT
money means more than a few oaps dying to the government, the virus will die out soon hopefully
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:13 AM GMT
5% of the population off work ?? LOL I would say 3 out of every Hundred are off sick on any given day Virus or No virus

Those all full sick pay will be delighted not having to attend Laugh
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 11:15 AM GMT
non essential users to avoid it is in there

So they are all going to Start walking Millions on the streets Be no different , You can hardly drive a car round the town as it is ....
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:16 AM GMT
i guess you'll have to wait and see what happens
Report know all March 3, 2020 11:20 AM GMT
Government on tv live now, it looks like not to alarm people into panicking like clearing the supermarkets but it will be too little to late
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:22 AM GMT
he's about to tell the oldies the 1% isn't for them
Report Arklearkle March 3, 2020 11:32 AM GMT
Lads you're all for the birds. It's a bit of a flu. Stop panicking. How many have died from it in UK and Ireland. A small part of northern Italy has a problem. Iran has I'd imagine Iran has a biggish problem. Not many entries from Iranian based trainers when I last checked. The odds change and the money for racing to go ahead has nothing to do with inside info and/or the government. It's people using their brains. The forecast for the four days next week is sunshine. They're will be NO snow. NO postponement. No racing behind closed doors. RELAX. Find something else to worry about.
Report elise March 3, 2020 11:33 AM GMT
personally, i'm not that bothered about Cheltenham although i'd like it to go ahead, i'm more bothered about the economy, jobs etc
Report Arklearkle March 3, 2020 11:33 AM GMT
... there will be ....
Report buddeliea March 3, 2020 12:16 PM GMT
If the disease becomes established in the UK, further measures to be considered include school closures, home working and reducing large-scale gatherings

So basically no drastic action for some time,if at all imo.
Report xmoneyx March 3, 2020 12:27 PM GMT
Sky News
@SkyNews
·

'I was at a hospital where there were a few #coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody' says Boris Johnson

what will the queen be singing
Report EastLower Gooner March 3, 2020 12:55 PM GMT
Wasn’t there a chap in China who cured himself of this by drinking whiskey?

So I think festival goers will be perfectly fine imo
Report Movewiththetimes March 3, 2020 1:12 PM GMT
51 UK cases now cheltenham ok but chances of Tiger roll making history looks slim now.
Report posy March 3, 2020 1:17 PM GMT
Seems to me that Hushwing is about to be disappointed ..... the Cheltenham roar  will be heard as the flag drops for the first race.
Report carrot1960 March 3, 2020 1:22 PM GMT
The government are making plans to put troops on the streets , and  yet Cheltenham  and the rugby unions are planning to go ahead with huge gatherings  with fans flying in from all the corners of the world in the next week as if everything is normal CrazyCrazyCrazy
Report isleham March 3, 2020 1:24 PM GMT
there is a big difference between having contingency plans and actually doing it
Report isleham March 3, 2020 1:25 PM GMT
there is a big difference between having contingency plans and actually doing it
Report Arklearkle March 3, 2020 1:33 PM GMT
168 hours from now the big roar will happen and all that money will transfer into our accounts!
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 1:37 PM GMT
there may be a 'roar' but will be dubbed in by the sound department .
Report xaar March 3, 2020 2:02 PM GMT
load of boll*x
Report know all March 3, 2020 2:46 PM GMT
51 now, there is hundreds whos got it, get to the supermarkets now they will be cleared soon when the true numbers start coming out you will not get truth from bbc thats for sure
Report xaar March 3, 2020 2:57 PM GMT
media causing this panic, followed by idiots spreading bs, its strong flu get over it FFS, serious overreaction
Report Hushwing. March 3, 2020 2:59 PM GMT
Cryyep this thread's crying out for more ill informed 'only flu' brigadeCrazy
Report EastLower Gooner March 3, 2020 2:59 PM GMT
Alex Jones says it’s airborne HIV released by the globalists

He was right about Tower7 and wears a Rolex submariner so I’ll believe him imo
Report xaar March 3, 2020 3:03 PM GMT
oh ffs is this a horse racing page or tinfoil hat page
Report 1st time poster March 3, 2020 3:03 PM GMT
not quite sure whether to believe dr,s science,experts or someone desperate to get his 2 squid on the 1st race at chelt, LaughLaugh
Report Leonardo March 3, 2020 3:11 PM GMT
crufts goes ahead,Cheltenham no more of a risk.people need to get a grip ffs
Report Johnny_Mustang March 3, 2020 3:19 PM GMT
I was at Portsmouth v Arsenal last night. Us 2,000 Arsenal fans were completely exposed to 16,000 or so Hampshire in-breds but I don't appear to have caught anything thus far.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 3, 2020 3:21 PM GMT
King Khan says the tube wiii not be closed
Quite rite

Lose on your season ticket

DevilGrinLaugh
Report xaar March 3, 2020 3:26 PM GMT
1st time poster you're quite a smart man a smart man indeed
Report elise March 3, 2020 3:26 PM GMT
oi jm, is it possible the 16000 could have caught stupidity from the arsenal fans?
Report Johnny_Mustang March 3, 2020 3:30 PM GMT
Not sure Elise but a few of them now apppear to be talking like Danny Dyer.
Report elise March 3, 2020 3:32 PM GMT
pretty sure that requires self isolation and a kick in the head
Report xaar March 3, 2020 3:35 PM GMT
1st time poster i couldn't give a f**k about cheltenham as much as some on here
Report EastLower Gooner March 3, 2020 4:06 PM GMT
If they cancelled (I know it’s highly unlikely but if) they cancelled the grand national now would Tiger Roll be rerouted to the Gold Cup.

Seem to recall a few on here who felt he would’ve cruised last year’s gold cup.
Report foxy March 3, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
They wouldn’t cancel the national before gold cup day would they ?
Report fife March 3, 2020 6:43 PM GMT
I know it sounds sad but if it was a choice between Cheltenham going ahead and then no further racing for the next 6 months or the other way round I would choose Cheltenham going aheadBlush
Report seary March 3, 2020 6:55 PM GMT
Any news on the big drift in price quite alarming drift over the last hour. Cheltenham ruled out behind closed doors?
Report 11kv March 3, 2020 6:58 PM GMT
Punters would be the last to know.
Report seary March 3, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
As always something has definatley been discussed about contingency a or there's news on aload more cases. Slight chance it could be pure manipulation.
Report onlooker March 3, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
fife 03 Mar 20 18:43 

I know it sounds sad but if it was a choice between Cheltenham going ahead and then no further racing for the next 6 months or the other way round I would choose Cheltenham going ahead
-----------------

Will you - and many others - be saying that after the last race on Friday ....

When the vast majority will have - as usual, as annually - 'done their dough'.
Report seary March 3, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
As always something has definatley been discussed about contingency a or there's news on aload more cases. Slight chance it could be pure manipulation.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 3, 2020 7:10 PM GMT
NHS declared aa major incident
With highest level of
EMERGENCY

Borris hasn't washed his hands

DevilLaugh
Report Movewiththetimes March 3, 2020 7:11 PM GMT
^^Increase in new cases there's a small chance we could get figures like Italy before Cheltenham so the slight drift.
Report onlooker March 3, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
seary 03 Mar 20 18:55 

Any news on the big drift in price quite alarming drift over the last hour. Cheltenham ruled out behind closed doors?
------------

Back in again to 1.3.

Just like the heyday of 'Manager Markets' - when there were always similar somewhat inexplicable market moves ...

- A Trader's paradise - for those so inclined.
Report lead on March 3, 2020 7:39 PM GMT
Big mart has just stated that it's definitely on...oh dearSad
Report seary March 3, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
Italy cases nearly 2000?
Report seary March 3, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
Italy cases nearly 2000?
Report seary March 3, 2020 7:59 PM GMT
I was thinking worst case scenario we will be at around 250 300 come cheltenham. Has any number of cases been given for when they shut down mass gatherings?
Report Movewiththetimes March 3, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
Italy 2500 cases getting 300-500 new cases everyday now, they were a slow burner at first like us.
Report Movewiththetimes March 3, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
Like I said earlier think cheltenham just be ok aintree different story all together.
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 8:56 PM GMT
National wont happen Sad

Once the football is Affected then start worrying , not much else will go ahead
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 9:07 PM GMT
Hard to believe you have people posting on a horse racing forum who either Dont care or Dont want Chelts to go ahead ,Beyond belief tbh 

Must be Nee funds or Brains on off Laugh
Report Deptford March 3, 2020 9:08 PM GMT
I am going Vegas in October, those Chinese love a punt!!
Report casemoney March 3, 2020 9:11 PM GMT
Shocked
Report TimmyRiggins March 3, 2020 10:32 PM GMT

Mar 3, 2020 -- 9:08PM, Deptford wrote:

I am going Vegas in October, those Chinese love a punt!!

Going for a month in the summer, so will probably leave most of my dough there for you Laugh

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com