Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
17 Dec 19 20:00
| Topic/replies: 3,042 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
After a number of abortive attempts over the years I’ve finally bought into two horses and become an owner of sorts. A 3 year old filly with Henderson (7.5%) and a 5 year old point to point winner with Pipe (5%). Done it through Middleham as friends have had good experiences with them.

It’s either Plumpton or Cheltenham in 12 months time. Time to dream now.

Any other “owners” got any advice ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Taking the plunge and buying into a...
Show More
Report Andrew.in.Sweden April 14, 2021 11:53 AM BST
Thomo, although it may cost you Laugh
Report FOYLESWAR April 14, 2021 12:11 PM BST
well done hibore made up for ya!  hopefully much more to come ,even better when ya have money on ,didnt burden your horse with my money yesterday  on a bad run last few days and didnt want it bokking yours . enjoy the good times.
Report Hibore April 14, 2021 12:47 PM BST
Cheers Foyles. It was a very profitable day and I’m waiting for the email from B356 that I’m restricted to a £1 win.
Report 1st time poster April 14, 2021 1:06 PM BST
YOUR MADE FOR LIFE
denise coates has you down as an owning winning punter,you,ll be invited to be a 365 WHALE and get invites to private corporate boxes and become an early warning system for denise,
Report Hibore April 16, 2021 8:10 AM BST
Just received a package from Southwell racecourse with a beautiful picture of Go Chique jumping the last hurdle and memory stick with race and review.
I’m also being sent a memento of the race in the next couple of days (not sure what that is).

It was very unexpected and big shout out to Arc and Southwell for going the extra mile while owners can’t all attend.
Report Hibore September 21, 2021 9:04 PM BST
Spent a morning with David and Martin Pipe watching Crossing lines work on the gallops and have a nice swim. Everything is going in the right direction and he’s recovered from his leg injury well. Maybe a race course gallop followed by a debut straight over fences in late October if the ground is soft enough.
Really friendly yard and great to reminisce with Martin about the likes of Run for Free, Sabin DL and Bonanza Boy.

Go Chique and Paros back at Henderson’s and going to see them in Oct. Paros apparently has really filled out over the summer and will be interesting to see how he progresses. I’d think tracks like Sandown and Ascot will be targeted after speaking to Nicky after his run at Aintree.

Chiquey impressed in her last run and will be aimed at 3 mile races before the ground turns too heavy. She’s hopefully got a few races in her this season now we know she stays so well.

Can’t wait for the fun to start again Cool
Report FOYLESWAR September 21, 2021 9:06 PM BST
best of luck hibore!
Report hologon September 22, 2021 8:53 AM BST
Hibore best of luck to you,exciting times ahead 
Thanks for the updates
Report Hibore October 19, 2021 5:30 PM BST
Went to Seven Barrows on Sunday to finally get up close and personal with Go Chique and Paros. It’s been a very long time waiting to finally get the chance to pat and make a fuss of Go Chique who we bought nearly 2 years ago. She is such a lovely mare with a fantastic temperament Love
Nicky likes her a lot and we will see where the road takes us but she will start over 2.5 miles hurdles in the next couple of weeks. I think there is plenty of improvement in her this season if the ground isn’t too testing for her.

Paros looks a different horse from the one that won at Musselburgh and then ran at Aintree. Charlie the assistant trainer said of all the horses at the yard he’s grown the most in all directions. We just need to see what that means on the track…but it should be good. He was going to the Gerry Feilden as his first race but we might look at Kempton or Wincanton as they are right handed.

The Racing Post supplement has the stable tour of Henderson’s yard today and he has nice things to say about both of ours.

Exciting times Cool
Report FOYLESWAR October 19, 2021 5:39 PM BST
best of luck hibore ,look forward to them running.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden October 19, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Good luck Hibore, i will look out for them as an interest, but if you run either at Sandown on Tingle Creek weekend i will see them in the flesh.
Report LoyalHoncho October 19, 2021 6:52 PM BST
Good luck again.  Hope they all progress nicely run well for you and, better, WIN for you.
You inform us so please take this tip in return in good faith.
Dr Newland has a good record at Worcester and has three going tomorrow.  2.13  2.48  and  3.58.
In the 2.48  Tchoupinminzac is already being shortened on 365 so looks like it is fancied but my main fancy, each way or win and place, is Wigglesworth in the 2.13.  Came again very late ( to nose it on the line ) when he looked out of puff and beaten on his recent 'chase debut, here, and at 7/1 or thereabouts looks very possible to me.
Report LoyalHoncho October 20, 2021 6:13 PM BST
Oops.  That's chasing for you.  The horse was suffered to lead but never looked relaxed, made mistakes, and fell away to nothing and was pulled up.  Totally opposite to its last performance.  And, as if to mock, Dr Newland landed a winner with his one Fontwell runner.  Sad  g/l all.
Report Hibore October 25, 2021 7:01 PM BST
Go Chique entered Ascot Saturday in the 2 1/2 mile hurdle. She bumped her head quite badly yesterday so needs to get over that sufficiently to run but the ground looks perfect if she does.
Report mrcombustible October 25, 2021 7:10 PM BST
Loyalhoncho, Dr Newland was at Fontwell last Wednesday rather than Worcester. He had two runners, the other one finished second to the Gary Moore trained Darebin who ironicaly is owned by two guys who have horses with Newland ,Chris Steadman and Mark Albon, Chris is also part of the syndicate that owns the Newland winner later in the day.
Report Hibore October 29, 2021 3:46 PM BST
Go Chique running tomorrow at 4.30 Ascot in the 2 1/2 mile conditional hurdle. Ground is probably too soft and trip is a little too short but it’s a starting point.
There are 4 of us going to Owners & Trainers and we have lunch and afternoon tea arranged from 12pm - 6pm.

There is a call with Henderson later so will update his thoughts.

Very excited Laugh
Report the dealer October 29, 2021 4:18 PM BST
Enjoy the day, hope the horse runs well and comes back safe and sound.
Report Whippin Piccadilly October 29, 2021 5:05 PM BST
Looks to have some of the best form in the race and with plenty of ifs and buts about the others, she must go close. I did notice her 2 worst races were on Right handed tracks. One of those races was on unsuitable going so I guess you can't say for sure she needs Left handed tracks to show her best. I could see her fighting out the finish with the Mel Rowley trained horse.
Report Hibore October 30, 2021 8:27 AM BST
Nicky wanted to wait till this morning to see what rain fell overnight. It was basically a dry night with only 1mm falling. It’s raining now and isn’t due to stop till lunchtime so that will change the going to at least soft I’d expect.

If it got too soft or sticky I think we will consider if she runs. She’s in very good form at home and there are some nice races in the next couple of weeks.

Whippin, I don’t think she minds right handed tracks. At Market Rasen she was scared of the hurdles as she’d only ever jumped pop up plastic ones at home and Ludlow was very soft horrid ground.
Her full brother is Christmas in April loves ground like that but she’s hated it. That’s why today is a big worry if the rain gets in the ground.

I’m waiting to see the first couple of races and will decide whether we back her or not then. The 8/1 on here at the moment might look big if it’s not too testing.
Report maleuk01. October 31, 2021 8:27 PM GMT
updates?

was a poor run of just 113.

Didnt back her, prev race hadnt worked out.

Poss requires quickish surface?
Report Hibore October 31, 2021 10:05 PM GMT
As we thought the ground was hard work. It wasn’t so much soft/heavy but sticky and gluey. The topic of conversation in the owners and trainers was that some rain during racing would have made the ground easier to get through. The back straight was especially testing, just look at all the horses who made significant efforts there and how most dropped away in the straight in the other races.

Nicky decided to run as she wouldn’t have a hard race in a conditional race what ever happened. She also needed a race to bring her on.

We were very pleased with her run to be honest. She jumped really well and put her head down in the straight and tried really hard even though he hated every second.

So we will be back to 3 miles next time and better ground in the next couple of weeks. She won’t be running on ground like that again.
Report Hibore November 17, 2021 7:27 PM GMT
Off to Market Rasen tomorrow. More weight than we hoped 12st 7lb less claim for a small horse isn’t ideal but she’s well and ready to go.

Ground, track and distance perfect so hope for a good run.
Report hologon November 17, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
Best of luck Hibore  hope you have a good day,
Report Hibore November 17, 2021 10:42 PM GMT
Thanks. Kealy has tipped us up. That is kiss of death Laugh
Report Deplasterer November 18, 2021 12:31 AM GMT
Best of luck Hib, enjoy day anyway.
Report Brian November 18, 2021 8:54 AM GMT
Good luck Hibore. Distance should suit but no easy race.
Report the dealer November 18, 2021 9:36 AM GMT
Good luck today, hope she runs well and comes home safe and sound.
Report Andrew.in.Sweden November 18, 2021 10:31 AM GMT
Good luck Hibore, track and trip shouldn't be an issue. Hope she runs well for you.
Report SlippyBlue November 18, 2021 11:31 AM GMT
The very best of luck today, it's a very competitive looking heat and hope all goes well for her.
Report Hibore November 19, 2021 8:08 AM GMT
Had a great day at Market Rasen. Chiquey ran such a brave race in closing 2nd trying to concede nearly 2 stone to the winner. She didn’t jump or travel as she normally does and jockey said she was very “dossy” until he shook her up into the straight. Looking forward to her next race.
Report maleuk01. January 5, 2022 6:46 PM GMT
Big day tomm.Happy

Crossing Lines finally makes his debut after being sidelined for over 2 years.

Looks a good opportunity as it looks quite a weak race. Big lumpy bet to recover 2 years training fees?

Unlucky with Go Chique, think she needs to drop a few pounds in the handicap.
Report Hibore January 5, 2022 7:56 PM GMT
Hi Mal, yes tomorrow we finally see him on the track. He’s being doing plenty at home and was due to run last week at Leicester until it cancelled.
He’s actually been ready to run for a few months but the ground wasn’t soft enough. He’ll go well tomorrow but will benefit from the run. The main concern is that he’ll be too fresh and fade up the straight.
The plan was to have a racecourse gallop and then go straight chasing but David decided that a hurdle would fit in as well.

Go Chique needs good ground and has done well in sticky conditions so far this season. You’ll see a different horse when the ground changes in Feb or early March.

Paros has had a small Operation after falling while schooling just before Xmas and will be out till March as well. James Bowen was knocked out and missed ride in King George.
Report happysandwich January 5, 2022 10:49 PM GMT
Hibore,

Really hope it runs well for you tomorrow but tell Pipe, in future, to check ‘Boris’s Bottle’ before advising owners to lump on.

Only jesting – good luck.
Report Hibore January 6, 2022 8:23 AM GMT
Thanks Happy. If David Pipe is correct you will have another £10 in your bank Laugh

Tom Scu hurt himself yesterday so Fergus Gillard is riding for us today. Pipe says not to expect too much as the horse will come on massively for the run. The plan is to get to the home straight and see how tired he gets……maybe he’s fitter than David expects but cantering and swimming are hard to judge stamina at this stage.
Report Davros January 6, 2022 11:05 AM GMT
Hope it goes well Hibore and the horse returns sound.  Has the trainer given any insight as to why he has only cantered and swam the horse?
Report Hibore January 6, 2022 12:53 PM GMT
Davros, the horse had a slight tendon injury so swimming was the main exercise for many months. David wanted to get a racecourse gallop into him which is the best way to gauge his fitness but that didn’t happen in time. So he’s guessing he’ll need the race but said sometimes they surprise him. He’ll be an out and out staying chaser over 3 miles so who knows….
Report irishone January 6, 2022 2:11 PM GMT
This crossing lines could be anything today and at 5\1 is a good e w investment.

Not certain hibore would be getting good information back from pipe but the Doykes are well worth listening to.
Report JJmbe January 6, 2022 2:14 PM GMT
Not the best ground for one not fit hib, hope he returns home sound, gl.
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 January 6, 2022 2:17 PM GMT
If this wasn't fancied it would have drifted bigstyle imo
Report DIFERENT GRAVY 12 January 6, 2022 2:17 PM GMT
No bet here
Report JJmbe January 6, 2022 2:22 PM GMT
Nice run hib and spot on with the analysis.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk January 6, 2022 2:22 PM GMT
V nice run.
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 6, 2022 2:24 PM GMT
You can see why this horse relishes very soft going. A very likable comeback run, OP.
Report irishone January 6, 2022 2:25 PM GMT
Horse was tanking top of the straight
Jockey took him through heaviest part
Wonder what would have happened if he had settled him
Money back anyways !
Report happysandwich January 6, 2022 2:37 PM GMT
Watched that race with extra interest and thought it ran exceptionally well until tireing at the finish.
You now have something to look forward to on it’s next run.

Good luck Hibore.
Report Hibore January 6, 2022 2:52 PM GMT
Thanks guys. I was a bit apprehensive before the race but he ran a stormer. Money back as well Laugh
David was right that he would be a bit too keen and run out of steam late on.

He jumped so well I wonder if we keep him over hurdles over a bit further for the next run or go straight over fences ? Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?
Report happysandwich January 6, 2022 3:13 PM GMT
Hibore,

Leave that decision to Mr Pipe.

An old adage of mine “When things go wrong – it’s always nice to have someone else to blame”.
Report Macintoshmatty January 6, 2022 3:40 PM GMT
A good run Hibore and thanks for keeping us in the loop
Looks a bull of a horse
Anybody else think it looked like Denman?
Report Whippin Piccadilly January 6, 2022 4:01 PM GMT
A 2m5f/2m6f Novice Hurdle on a flatter track with the going like today before going chasing. A little more racecourse experience wouldn't do any harm before going over the fences IMO. GL with him Hilbore
Report irishone January 6, 2022 4:10 PM GMT
Top of the home straight he looked very strong
Not a denman by any means
Pity its with the young fellah
He aint hungry like the old man
Report maleuk01. January 6, 2022 6:26 PM GMT
Nice opener after such a long time off.

Esp as to short distance and prob enjoy a fence.

Lots to look forward with.
Report Macintoshmatty January 6, 2022 7:32 PM GMT
Not saying its the second coming of Denman Irishone ,although would be nice for Hibore if it turns out to be,   just that its build reminded me of Denman, it looks like a rodeo bull.
Report Twoboyz January 6, 2022 7:49 PM GMT
Very little strength in depth to that race at all. My opinion is you would have been disappointed if it had not run like that to be honest despite its long break. Overall though you would have to be happy enough and if it was mine i would like to see it back it up in a hurdle race again. Finishes in the 1st 4 next time and you would then have a mark for a novice handicap chase
Report Twoboyz January 6, 2022 7:50 PM GMT
Good luck
Report isleham January 6, 2022 9:50 PM GMT
Your biggest problem is he's already 8 so if he meant to be a chase get on with it ASAP next winter
Report Hibore January 7, 2022 7:21 AM GMT
Thanks guys. All very sensible advice.

David wants to see how he comes out of the race and discuss early next week. Will keep you updated if your interested.
Report sageform January 7, 2022 9:10 AM GMT
Good effort after such a long break and first run over hurdles. Rated over 100 fto is encouraging. Good luck.
Report irishone January 9, 2022 4:24 PM GMT
Funny thing about denman was he had heart fibrilations and still won as much (almost) after they were detected.
Report sageform January 10, 2022 8:57 AM GMT
Denman was a very interesting horse in so many ways. I was present at Wincanton when he won his first novice hurdle by a length and a bit from Lyes Green. He was already hyped up and I was not impressed by that run, particularly when he stood motionless in the unsaddling enclosure for 2 minutes with his head down looking like he had a very hard race. That put me off backing him next time out but he soon proved me wrong. I think he did give himself a hard race every time he ran and took longer to recover than Kauto Star who always looked as fresh as paint within a few minutes of a race.
Report maleuk01. January 22, 2022 6:27 PM GMT
tough race tomm, surely easier opportunities out there?
Report maleuk01. January 22, 2022 6:33 PM GMT
Still i guess £100k plus purchases might as well throw them in a decent race and see where you are.
Report Hibore January 22, 2022 8:00 PM GMT
It is a tough race but looking forward to it. Haven’t been to Lingfield for years and the card is pretty good so should be a fun day.
Report the dealer January 23, 2022 1:35 PM GMT
Hope the horse is okay, stopped very quickly
Report Twoboyz January 23, 2022 1:39 PM GMT
Very quick run after Chepstow after such a long lay off
Report maleuk01. January 23, 2022 6:49 PM GMT
bit disappointing.

But always another day.

Prob debut about 105-107 ish? Another run and a low handicap mark and rack up a few wins Grin

Though i guess Cheltenham is off.
Report irishone January 24, 2022 6:04 AM GMT
Horse looked to have been struck into over the 4th last, jockey knew something was up seconds later
Report tips February 18, 2022 5:55 PM GMT
crossing lines plainly needs a drop in trip he travels so well in his races be interesting now in handicaps over shorter
Report SlippyBlue February 18, 2022 6:12 PM GMT
The Handicapper has given C.L. a 109 rating.
Report Hibore February 18, 2022 6:36 PM GMT
Seems a fairish mark. I’m just pleased Lingfield was the bounce factor rather than anything much more serious.
Report maleuk01. February 18, 2022 6:58 PM GMT
£130k horse with a mark of 109

Last race a bit odd, 38L second, strung out like washing, difficult to give a mark on that run.

could rack up a few wins over the fences.
Report maleuk01. February 18, 2022 7:00 PM GMT
no sighting of Paros this year?
Report Hibore February 18, 2022 7:09 PM GMT
Paros was running on Boxing Day at Kempton till he fell schooling with James Bowen in the much publicised accident. Paros had a small chip removed from his knee soon after and will run April onwards on the better ground. Saw him last Sunday and looked million dollars.
Report maleuk01. February 18, 2022 7:15 PM GMT
As someone said earlier, wonder if CL is closer to a 2 miler than 3, travels ever so well early doors.

Pop of in front with a strong gallop.

Shame re Paros, his rating could have got into a handicap at Chelt, maybe a Aintree handicap could be on the cards.
Report maleuk01. March 1, 2022 8:10 PM GMT
Any thoughts on Tomm?

Slight drop in distance prob a positive.

£130k horse first time handicap off 109.

5 places skly blet.

Getting your chelt money in?
Report SlippyBlue March 2, 2022 5:01 PM GMT
Ran an absolutely great race, well done the syndicate. Travelled and jumped extremely well throughout.

Grin
Report Whippin Piccadilly March 2, 2022 5:05 PM GMT
I backed it. Had his optimum conditions today IMO. Trip, flat track and going. He tries hard so he deserves to win one of these.
Report SlippyBlue March 2, 2022 5:10 PM GMT
I backed C.L. win and place as well, my brother is also a shareholders and he just messaged me saying they are really pleased with today's run.
Report maleuk01. March 2, 2022 6:32 PM GMT
forgot to have an ew bet on it, 16/1 nice.

Looks a good performance and should be winning soon.
Report isleham March 2, 2022 6:53 PM GMT
would have helped if scudamore hadnt let cobden up the stand rail
Report Hibore March 3, 2022 8:30 PM GMT
Sorry Mal, was flying back from the states yesterday. Thought CS ran a great race and plenty to look forward to next season.

Go Chique pulled today due sticky ground but should be out in the coming week somewhere.
Report jackboo March 4, 2022 6:56 PM GMT
i have a horse i paid 50 pounds for it.its at oil drum lane stepstow and son are the trainers
Report Hibore March 25, 2022 7:10 AM GMT
Go Chique running 2.45 Hereford with Nico on board. Should enjoy better ground.
Report Trusty March 25, 2022 7:47 AM GMT
Good luck, Nico seems to only be riding the losers for Hendo atm, with Bowen booting home the winners. See Middleham have another runner in the race who will also be suited by better going and lower class.
Report Hibore March 25, 2022 8:31 AM GMT
Get the appeal NR
Report tanglefoot March 25, 2022 1:28 PM GMT
Gl.Hibore,trainer good record at track
Whatsdastory could be a challenger
Report tyred March 25, 2022 2:52 PM GMT
free money
Report tanglefoot March 25, 2022 2:53 PM GMT
Wink
Report barstool March 25, 2022 2:53 PM GMT
Well done. Patience rewarded.
Report Hayden March 25, 2022 2:54 PM GMT
Well done Hibore  Happy
Report stu March 25, 2022 2:55 PM GMT
Nice, thank you to your horse - I was laying the 2nd there.Cool
Report Andrew.in.Sweden March 25, 2022 3:07 PM GMT
WD Hibore Happy
Report N-east Correspondent March 25, 2022 3:12 PM GMT
wd Hibore Cool
Report stewarts rise March 25, 2022 3:14 PM GMT
Congrats Hibore, pleased for you.
Report the dealer March 25, 2022 3:20 PM GMT
WD Hibore, she saw it out really well
Report Trusty March 25, 2022 3:30 PM GMT
WD Hibore, good job they pulled the other one Wink
Report Hibore March 25, 2022 3:31 PM GMT
Cheers guys. She’s a little superstar Laugh

Thanks must also go to Billy’s who put her up 8/1 Weds. Cool
Report Hibore March 25, 2022 3:32 PM GMT
I think I have a ban coming Laugh
Report stu March 25, 2022 3:36 PM GMT
Showed a nice attitude also there Hibore - fought back when the other came up to her.
Report Hibore March 25, 2022 3:40 PM GMT
I’m gutted I couldn’t go as had to work this morning. First time not there to watch her.

Will have to celebrate with the lads in Ashtead tonightLaugh
Report SlippyBlue March 25, 2022 3:51 PM GMT
Well done Hibore, that was a very game performance indeed.

Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com