Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Willie Shafter.
26 Oct 19 14:46
| Topic/replies: 38,852 | Blogger: Willie Shafter.'s blog
Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View Racing post trophy at Newcastle on fri
Show More
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 3:49 PM BST
Are you going to get Donnacha's autograph?
Report Willie Shafter. October 26, 2019 3:50 PM BST
i will give him a signed foto george.
Report unclepuncle October 26, 2019 3:52 PM BST
First time for a Group 1 to be run on the all weather?

Hope Kinross gets an entry.
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 3:52 PM BST
Aidan and John Magnier may be there too Shocked
Report Willie Shafter. October 26, 2019 3:55 PM BST
Shocked
Report 11kv October 26, 2019 3:57 PM BST
Better pack extra sandwiches Willie might have some extra faces in the box....
Report Willie Shafter. October 26, 2019 4:03 PM BST
Grin
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 4:07 PM BST
Aidan and John Magnier may be there too

---------------------------------------

more chance of Elvis Presley and James Dean turning up at that dump on Friday...
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 4:09 PM BST
I think Aidan will be there HH, but Magnier is probably at Sandy Lane by now
Report Art Decko October 26, 2019 4:10 PM BST
Not the first time the RP trophy has been run at Newcastle .... first time on the AW however.
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 4:11 PM BST
I think Aidan will be there HH, but Magnier is probably at Sandy Lane by now

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

correct george...

not seen john magnier for ages tbh.
Report geoff m October 26, 2019 4:14 PM BST
is race going to be reopened or is that not possible for GP races.
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 4:19 PM BST
oh it will be re-opened geoff.
Report geoff m October 26, 2019 4:20 PM BST
cheers H.H
Report granitjack October 26, 2019 5:04 PM BST
A real shame holding a group 1 on a sh1t track like this and making it a lottery. Not that it looked a vintage renewal anyway.
Report sparrow October 26, 2019 5:12 PM BST
Hopefully not a 2f sprint like most races up this straight mile.
Report Art Decko October 26, 2019 5:13 PM BST
Enable  won her first race at Newcastle on the AW... didn't do her subsequent career any harm.

I don't see that it will be any more of a lottery for the runners to be running on the AW than if they were running on grass ...
Report grendel October 26, 2019 5:28 PM BST
Suits Kameko being by Kittens Joy, male offspring at Newcastle (A.W) - 24 runs 8 wins and 5 seconds +£10.06 to £1 stake

Galileos 39 runs 3 wins and 2 seconds -£6.50

Gleneagles only 1 run
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 5:55 PM BST
so the dam is irrelevant right...???
Report grendel October 26, 2019 6:08 PM BST
no.... but dams don't tend to have many runners to form any meaningful conclusion .... right???
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 6:19 PM BST
every horse is an individual with individual characteristics...

i saw a PRESENTING horse win at Cheltenham today...

that's PRESENTING which is supposed to sire horses that want it on top of the ground (or so the experts tell me at least)...

certainly wasn't those conditions there today...
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 26, 2019 6:59 PM BST
Friday evening as well
Expect the Tooners will b swarming

Laugh
Report sixtwosix October 26, 2019 7:18 PM BST
Group 1 flat race on the beach .....no thanks
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 8:05 PM BST
much better to have group 1's run on knee deep mud right enough.

especially 2yo group 1's over 1 mile...
Report granitjack October 26, 2019 8:05 PM BST
Just ridiculous. Why could they not just reschedule for Doncaster? Group 1 race amongst a load of class 5 and 6 lotteries that just end up as 2f sprints (like sparrow mentioned). Crappest track in the country imo.
Report saddo October 26, 2019 8:09 PM BST
Don't matter where it's run jack, it will be the jockey's fault when yours gets beat.
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 8:25 PM BST
good evening saddo...

hope all is well sir...???
Report saddo October 26, 2019 8:30 PM BST
Good evening HH, not too bad thanks apart from a bit of man flu. My summer has been frantically busy, so just trying to ease back into the racing. I hope you are doing fine.
Report HappyHibby October 26, 2019 8:34 PM BST
you've not missed much imv...

do you not get a flu jab...????

plodding on here thanx...

still hoping my premium bond numbers come up one day tbh...
Report granitjack October 26, 2019 9:28 PM BST

Oct 26, 2019 -- 2:09PM, saddo wrote:

Don't matter where it's run jack, it will be the jockey's fault when yours gets beat.

So glad you take such an interest. Never had an online stalker before BlushLove

Report The Knight October 26, 2019 9:28 PM BST
grantjack,

I have to agree. Not only because the race will probably be out of place on a otherwise moderate card but also because running Gp1's for 2yo's on sand is too far removed from how these horses usually progress.

OK, Enable ran at Newcastle but this race has been the best trial for the 2000 guineas in recent seasons, and has always been a good guide to the following year's classics.

AW from to grass form does not hold up as well as the other way around and I am hugely surprised the BHA have chosen an AW track for this race, especially with Newmarket on the next day.

Tradition means very little to the BHA and they now seem to be managed by a group of people who don't realise that they will demean our classics if they start running important trials on AW.

It is largely because of our racing's tradition and heritage that the Sheikhs still support us so well but if we start tossing that out of the window then we will lose them.

Also, Coolmore and Godolphin base their huge breeding operations foremostly on turf horses. Hence, if we start to use AW tracks for classic trials we are being pretty short-sighted.

I hope this is only a one-off but the BHA need to explain fully why the race could not have been at Newmarket next Saturday.
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 9:40 PM BST
I hope this is only a one-off but the BHA need to explain fully why the race could not have been at Newmarket next Saturday.

They've switched it to another Arena track, and it sounds like the sponsor (John Dance) who is keeping the prize money the same, is keen to run it at Newcastle too.

Also they might have considered the possibility of weather / going problems at Newmarket, though admittedly probably not much of a concern.

So not sure there is anything for the BHA to explain.
Report granitjack October 26, 2019 9:45 PM BST
Couldn’t agree more the knight. In fact if they’re that desperate to run on the Friday why not just add an extra race to Newmarket’s Friday card? Running at a grade 1 track as opposed to probably the worst track in the country makes no sense....I would have rather they ran the race at Southwell...
Why the entire card can’t be rearranged anyway is beyond me. We’ve had instances in the not too distant past where NH cards have been rescheduled a couple of days after but this doesn’t appear to happen on the flat?
If I were the sponsor I’d be pulling out if I possibly could. The race was a terrible renewal anyway...but running it on a glorified greyhound track where with most races you run them 4 or 5 times and get a different winner is just madness.
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 9:50 PM BST
Owner John Dance, who is also the founder of race sponsor Vertem Asset Management, said: "It was a real shame that the Futurity Trophy was lost to the weather, but as a big supporter of racing in the north and of Newcastle in particular, I’m absolutely delighted to see the race come up here.
"The straight mile at Newcastle is a fantastic track, as seen by the quality of young horses that have run here in the last few years, so we cannot wait for Friday and to be associated with a race of the highest quality at our home racecourse."

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/lost-vertem-futurity-troph
y-could-be-saved-despite-doncaster-washout/406003
Report roadrunner46 October 26, 2019 10:00 PM BST
no way they should run this race at newmarket on saturday, for all the reasons you have given the knight
Report sparrow October 26, 2019 10:04 PM BST
"The straight mile at Newcastle is a fantastic track, as seen by the quality of young horses that have run here in the last few years, so we cannot wait for Friday and to be associated with a race of the highest quality at our home racecourse."

Yes I'm sure the straight mile at Newcastle does these young horses a lot of good pulling like mad for 6 furlongs of the course as they follow a 3 mile chasers pace.
Report granitjack October 26, 2019 10:22 PM BST
Spot on sparrow Cool
Report sparrow October 26, 2019 10:42 PM BST
Mind you Aidan will decide what pace this particular race will be run at so it won't exactly be a typical Newcastle crawl and sprint.
Report GEORGE.B October 26, 2019 10:54 PM BST
Aidan will be getting mobbed by pissed geordie lads and lasses wanting selfies taking with him Wink
Report ribero1 October 26, 2019 11:09 PM BST
Surely its been staged at Newcastle solely because the guy who's putting the money up wants it to be run there? Nothing else to see,without him probably would be at Newmarket but with half the prize money.
Report acey deucy October 26, 2019 11:20 PM BST
Makes Mogul an even bigger Certainty ffs.....If he gets beat I will show my @rse in Tescos….Best 4-7 shot I have ever seen.Cool
Report DenzilPenberthy October 27, 2019 12:55 AM BST

Oct 26, 2019 -- 5:20PM, acey deucy wrote:

Makes Mogul an even bigger Certainty ffs.....If he gets beat I will show my @rse in Tescos….Best 4-7 shot I have ever seen.

Go on acey make it The Blue Oyster instead of Tesco's have a real gamble

Report acey deucy October 27, 2019 7:54 AM GMT
Done !! Grin
Report acey deucy October 27, 2019 10:17 PM GMT
All bets are off if Kinross lines up.Plain
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 28, 2019 2:40 PM GMT
Race reopened with 17 horses
Aidens got a fight to win prize NOW

Devil
Report acey deucy October 28, 2019 2:41 PM GMT
Kinross V Mogul what a battle that will be.ExcitedExcitedExcited
Report sageform October 28, 2019 3:00 PM GMT
Hard for Kinross in only his second run but interesting. Kameko each way for me. Wichita clear top on RPR.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 28, 2019 6:17 PM GMT
Wonder if Ryan is riding now that
Magical is a nr-bcup

Wink
Report roadrunner46 November 1, 2019 6:08 PM GMT

Oct 28, 2019 -- 10:00AM, sageform wrote:

Hard for Kinross in only his second run but interesting. Kameko each way for me. Wichita clear top on RPR.

WD its not often you post a selectionLaughWink

Report sageform November 1, 2019 6:32 PM GMT
Aiden still takes away £65k for 234. Closing in on Johnny G. fast now.
Report granitjack November 1, 2019 6:34 PM GMT
2 double figure prices in top 3 including an O’Brien donkey...so unlike Newcastle this lol. What a f*cking **** ExcitedExcitedExcited
Report wondersobright November 1, 2019 6:38 PM GMT

Nov 1, 2019 -- 1:32PM, sageform wrote:

Aiden still takes away £65k for 234. Closing in on Johnny G. fast now.

can anyone explain why the flat jockeys championship ended on champions day but the trainers championship is still going? LaughCrazy

what an absolute pile of garbage

Report roadrunner46 November 1, 2019 6:41 PM GMT
good winner for the owners after losing roaring lion this year, coincidentally by the same sire kittens joy, interesting to see how it develops next year kameko
Report sageform November 1, 2019 6:55 PM GMT
Listening to Andrew Balding, he hadn't expected it to be beaten last time. It may not turn out to be a vintage renewal but Kameko won as he liked today.
Report howard November 1, 2019 7:01 PM GMT
Other G1'S won't be run on AW though.
Report sparrow November 1, 2019 7:04 PM GMT
Back to the straight mile crawl in the 7.0 race. They went quicker this afternoon at Uttoxeter. Bloody joke track.
Report Willie Shafter. November 1, 2019 7:06 PM GMT
well deduced howy..you're not daft.
Report roadrunner46 November 1, 2019 7:07 PM GMT
didnt get beat by much, the winner had a lot more experience and top form, should never have gone off at 16/1 that day considering it was stepping up in trip and being by gleneagles
Report sageform November 1, 2019 7:07 PM GMT
It suits me! After a poor punting afternoon, I have backed Swansdown, Kameko, HMS President and Desert Caravan from 5 bets at Newcastle! All down to owners and/or trainers. Put on one big race and you get some class in many of the other races despite the low prize money.
Report sageform November 1, 2019 7:09 PM GMT
I would back Kameko to beat anything apart from Pinatubo on AW or good ground turf.
Report impossible123 November 1, 2019 7:19 PM GMT
'sageform', good on you.

I think the ding-dong between Gosden and O'Brien ensured a better class of horses turned up at Newcastle earlier; O'Brien has a few more tomorrow at Chelmsford City too eg Battle of Liege, Persia, Cormorant and Western Australia.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com