Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
devilsadvocate
25 Oct 19 15:06
| Topic/replies: 452 | Blogger: devilsadvocate's blog
Running two desktops...same on both. Only thing in common is both running chrome.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 236
By:
onlooker
When: 25 Oct 19 15:17
You appear to be having several problems recently - that others are not  experiencing - as you posted an enquiry about other issues on another thread yesterday.

Therefore - Points to problems at your end -  However, as on both threads, you have stated that you have  tried more than one Computer/Laptop - Then, either you have not been cleaning/clearing cache and other carp from ALL your machines, etc and have built up an enormous Lag - or, you have an ISP (Internet Service Provider) issue, creating issues on all your devices.

Check all your connections - and, especially if you are using Wi-fi - check your Router is fully functioning.
By:
dustybin
When: 25 Oct 19 15:27
gruss just hung that last race here
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 25 Oct 19 16:56
Onlooker. 

Thank you very much for your advice.

Yes I have had several problems. The absence of many other users testimonies do indeed point to my end.

I cleared the cache from the main desktop last night and things have been even worse today. The feed is a decent spec cable from the main bt point in the flat to the bt hub...from there it is ethernet cable in to the laptops.

There was a regular dropping issue (only a few seconds at a time) which Bt claim they have fixed and indeed only two small drops in the last week, They sent an engineer round because they said the speed
was not satisfactory and fitted a couple of new points. The current speed test is showing a steady 53 mbps.

Even before and during the 435 all four screens (2 screens each desktop) had frozen on bf ...3 showing different price displays! At the off the sp bets did show on the P&L but the rest of the display remained static.

I changed one of the screens to Purple during the race and it was updating every second. Amazed no one else seems to be having these problems ?

Will happily donate £10 (or more!) to the charity of choice of anyone who offers the solution !
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 25 Oct 19 17:50
froze in the 5:45 at dundalk

been happening for a couple of weeks now
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 25 Oct 19 17:51
*gruss
By:
tomhunt
When: 25 Oct 19 17:52
gruss froze inside last furlong at dundalk, been intermediate like this for a week now
By:
dustybin
same here
By:
tomhunt
must have been overwriting you pabs Cool
By:
tomhunt
When: 25 Oct 19 18:34
again 6.30 newc.......last price matched 1.05!
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 26 Oct 19 14:36
and again at leopardstown
By:
tomhunt
When: 26 Oct 19 14:39
worst one for a while that
By:
john92
When: 26 Oct 19 14:48
Signing in
By:
tomhunt
When: 26 Oct 19 19:46
somebody got hurt there, 7.30 chelms, clear winner coming through and stuck on 4, even lpm was 1.02

3.55            £0       
3.6            £5       
3.7            £9       
3.75            £56       
3.8            £20       
3.85            £0       
3.9            £5       
3.95            £1       
4            £824       
4.1            £82       
4.2            £0       
4.3            £63       
4.4            £31       
4.5            £3       
4.6            £9       
4.7            £10       
4.8            £3       
5            £36       
5.1            £3       
5.2            £6       
5.3            £2       
5.4            £4       
5.5            £10
By:
kjansch
When: 26 Oct 19 19:52
betfair bot is acting pissed  ..after  ridiculous behavior at cheltenham today
By:
dustybin
When: 27 Oct 19 15:18
Froze twice in that last race
Regular occurence now
By:
john92
When: 27 Oct 19 16:32
An extra click is easy done when it's like this
By:
dustybin
When: 27 Oct 19 17:04
Its bad enough that the markets are decimated these days and weaker than dishwater so when you click on a price it jumps to one you didnt want cos theres just quids at each price
By:
john92
When: 27 Oct 19 17:20
I'll clear the cookies after the last then everything will be fine.
By:
hello :-)
When: 27 Oct 19 17:43
i thought mine was aswell , was just a lack of liquidity tho
By:
big aitch
When: 27 Oct 19 17:48
been freezing on football and horse racing markets for the last couple of days at least when using BF site Gruss in general seems ok with odd hiccup
By:
the bairn
When: 28 Oct 19 01:42
my computer has been freezing up for weeks, i'm only using it for the racing post and betfair, yesterday it said it was closing windows to save further damage to the computer, it also said, windows has recovered from unexpected shut down and also a driver was not responding, i'm also on chrome. cheers.
By:
notosoundeffectsontvracing
When: 28 Oct 19 13:38
After doing all the basic scans run SFC /scannow in cmd promt,run as admistrator,this will repair files
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 28 Oct 19 14:40
massive pause at the end of that race at ayr , maybe about 8 seconds or more
By:
onlooker
When: 28 Oct 19 14:46
^ That is called - SUSPENDED - pablo.

Sorry - Couldn't resist.  Happy

But - Also - Are all the above posters just using gruss - and not the actual Betfair site/ ...

Which would mean -either - personal/individual Computer problems (not unlikely) - as poster the bairn (above) - or experiencing  an API issue.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 28 Oct 19 15:01
Grin onlooker

just using gruss here . but i emailed gruss and they don't have any issues
By:
john92
When: 28 Oct 19 16:29
It's both but mainly the site itself.
By:
Wesdag
When: 28 Oct 19 16:29
noticeable pausing closing stages at Ayr just then
By:
duffy
When: 28 Oct 19 16:30
Yep, I thought I hd the colours wrong watching Jessie Mac as the prices were too big on it in the closing stages.
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 28 Oct 19 16:31
same here wes . another 5 - 10 second pause
By:
john92
When: 28 Oct 19 16:47
I'll clear my cookies again and everything will be alright this time.
By:
Wesdag
When: 28 Oct 19 17:51
Yes, gruss say there's no issues with the software.

Need to report issues to the API team to investigate:

https://support.developer.betfair.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
By:
pablo-fanque
When: 28 Oct 19 21:14
same again that last race at kempton

if anyone else has this problem, can you please post roughly the time it happened and for what race so betfair will have a record of it

cheers
By:
the bairn
When: 29 Oct 19 01:41
thanks onlooker, I think it maybe a computer issue, it's a sony 1.5 home premium 7, I've had it for about 10 years, been excellent. cheers.
By:
the bairn
When: 29 Oct 19 01:44
forgot to say, i'ts lightning for the first 10 mins, then very slow for the next hour then lightning again and very fast at night, it drives me nuts at times. cheers.
By:
GLASGOWCALLING
When: 29 Oct 19 05:52
Bairn, have you tried using cc cleaner.? It cleans any unwanted items, frees up space and can improve performance. ( Although it's strange you have differing speeds ).
If you haven't tried it just enter cc cleaner into Google and take it from there.
By:
the bairn
When: 29 Oct 19 14:19
o k son, will give it a go. cheers.
By:
dustybin
When: 29 Oct 19 14:22
I see it freeze too and I built the comp only a couple of years ago (thinking I was gunna have a bang on the VR stuff...I never bothered) so its way too powerful for this bf betting lark....so I dont buy the garbage that its the computer
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 30 Oct 19 21:41
Well the latest prob (both computers) is displays not loading ...only the meeting header and the default stake occupying the screen. It is resolved by refreshing..sometimes 4  or 5 refreshes but apart from the time
element involved the default stake often changes to ones that I for an entirely different type of market.
By:
devilsadvocate
When: 30 Oct 19 21:42
*use for...
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo