Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
acey deucy
21 Aug 19 14:46
| Topic/replies: 22,809 | Blogger: acey deucy's blog
LaughLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Stoute Sick As A Pig.
Show More
Report Vubiant August 21, 2019 3:48 PM BST
Sir Michael Surly - WAC.
Report acey deucy August 21, 2019 3:48 PM BST
Show a bit more respect to Chapman ffs.Laugh
Report pixie August 21, 2019 3:48 PM BST
Pig ignorant, more like. Devil

Arrogant pratt who thinks he's obviously too important to lower himself by talking to the press.
Report themightymac August 21, 2019 3:49 PM BST
Bad bad loser. Not often one feels sorry for Matt. Ignorance.
Report acey deucy August 21, 2019 3:50 PM BST
Yip pig ignorant.
Report sewter lives again August 21, 2019 3:51 PM BST
Chapman should let him have it now

He's got the microphone
Report pixie August 21, 2019 3:53 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh Ryan Moore destroying his ex-boss!
Report pixie August 21, 2019 3:53 PM BST
You called it, SWL!
Report sewter lives again August 21, 2019 3:54 PM BST
and I think he did!!
Report johnnyrant August 21, 2019 3:55 PM BST
He's entitled to tell Chapman he's talking rubbish. Which he generally is. To give him master of ceremonies duties there too, awful. Almost as bad as Thommo. He did get his own back there saying Moore destroyed his old boss. Chapman is some who dishes it out all the time & can't take it when anyone gives it back to him.
Report johnnyrant August 21, 2019 3:55 PM BST
someone
Report acey deucy August 21, 2019 3:56 PM BST
Matt never forgets.Wink
Report pixie August 21, 2019 4:03 PM BST
So are you saying, Johnnyrant, that the viewers deserve to be treated with complete contempt with Stoute rudely refusing to answer courteously a perfectly reasonable question, because he/or you doesn't always agree with everything Chapman says?

Stoute's behavior was embarrassingly rude and can't be condoned for whatever his reasons, whether it being because he lost, his dislike for his interview, or his general contempt of people. Compare that with John Gosden's interview and I know who's company I would and wouldn't care to keep.
Report johnnyrant August 21, 2019 4:07 PM BST
Chapman's behaviour is embarrassing rude pretty much all the time imho. We all saw the race. There isn't anything Stoute could say of any interest in that situation. He's just watched his stable star go down by a head. He's understandably disappointed & that's that. Chapman chasing after a trainer post-race with his microphone can be as distasteful as insurance firms chasing ambulances. But no one will ever surpass Tommo for crass, pointless post-race interviews.
Report mymumsfinethankyou August 21, 2019 4:08 PM BST
did matt talk to doyle
Report kemo sabe August 21, 2019 4:12 PM BST
there was a degree of asking the wrong question at the wrong time ,,, it wasnt comfortable viewing , but you can imagine in chapmans ear was being shouted go to sir michael aski him how it feels to lose , go ask him ,,, ask him ,,,  so he creeps up thrusts mic at him and gets a look of disdain from the trainer , one of them has no class and its not sir michael ,,, chapmans getting paid to do the interviews sir michael isnt
Report pixie August 21, 2019 4:14 PM BST
That's just ridiculous, Johnnyrant! What you're saying is you can't interview contestants after defeat because they are going to be disappointed. Diddums.
Report telepathic August 21, 2019 4:15 PM BST
Chapman really wants to use his brain,Stoute has just had a terrible setback and hasn't had time to absorb it ,when Chapman sticks a mic under his nose. If I had been Stoute I would have taken the mic and jammed it up Chapmans Jakzi.
Report acey deucy August 21, 2019 4:17 PM BST
I think Chapman new what he was doing he cant be that dumb can he?Laugh
Report stewarts rise August 21, 2019 4:18 PM BST
Stoute has always been an ignorant tw@t imo, has no interest in letting the punters know anything regarding his horses.
Report impossible123 August 21, 2019 4:18 PM BST
Did the horse win the race or did a jockey lose it?
Report telepathic August 21, 2019 4:19 PM BST
Yes Chapman is that dumb.
Report pablo-fanque August 21, 2019 4:27 PM BST
i didn't see the interview, but mickey stoute always comes across like anyone interviewing him is not worthy to be asking questions to him or be in his presence .
Report johnnyrant August 21, 2019 4:29 PM BST
It's really not pixie, 'It's a long straight at York, is that what beat him?' or words to that effect… Stoute had every right to give him short shrift for that. I don't think you'll find many trainers happy to chew the fat with Chapman after their horse has just gone down a head in a G1. Chapman is simply not worthy of any respect from any connections imho. The guy is as obnoxious and unpleasantly unspoken as they come. And his opinions are consistently wide of the mark. I recall him saying after his Aintree defeat Buveur Dair was useless. Just one example of his inept and disrespectful comments among hundreds.
Report mymumsfinethankyou August 21, 2019 4:33 PM BST
the jockey lot it,,just like stoute
Report mymumsfinethankyou August 21, 2019 4:33 PM BST
lost
Report telepathic August 21, 2019 4:33 PM BST
Stoutes first duty is to the owners, to discuss the result with them especially in the circumstances. Not to indulge the media represented by an unsympathetic and unthinking loudmouth. Its called priorities.
Report kemo sabe August 21, 2019 4:34 PM BST
he did the same at goodwood with MJ ??, were y dissapointed with that defeat ,,, he looked at him shook his head said no turned and walked away ,,
pretty soon there will be an ask by the big trainers to stop him in the unsaddling ring ,,, even prem managers and players get a cooling off period before interviews ,,, thats comeing ,,, esp if someone goes for him and they will ,,,  wd he ask K fallon in his prime such questions , i doubt it
Report blackbarn August 21, 2019 4:37 PM BST
Interesting one this.  I have the greatest respect for Sir Michael as a trainer but his attitude to journalists and thence to the general public falls far short of what is required for a major figure in a major(Cool sport/industry. On the other hand it is impossible for a journalist or sports reporter to operate effectively if he/she does not have the respect of those they are required to interview and a high degree of knowledge of the sport to inform their interview questions and techniques. For what it is worth, I regard Chapman as virtually unemployable in our industry.
Report sewter lives again August 21, 2019 4:39 PM BST
Stoute and Chapman deserve each other
Report RothmanMike August 21, 2019 4:41 PM BST
Should be banned from every racecourse and every program.
An imbecile of the lowest order.
Report sparrow August 21, 2019 4:42 PM BST
I would normally criticise but with it being Chapman I can only give my wholehearted support to Stoute.
Report sofiakenny August 21, 2019 4:43 PM BST
Chappers should find employ at a circus..utter CLOWN.
Report kemo sabe August 21, 2019 4:43 PM BST
can you imagine brough scott or oaksey asking such crass questions at such times , they like when the jocks go into the weigh in should be available for interview ,,,, but they are on the way to chat to connections , have a drink even meet the next races connection , theres def a day of reconning comeing ,,, they will stop interviews by simply saying its not good for promotion of racing ,,, it isnt , it doesnt add a jot to the race nor the script ,
Report sofiakenny August 21, 2019 4:44 PM BST
He already has those stupid boot/shoes.
Report blackbarn August 21, 2019 4:44 PM BST
sewter - I don't disagree with that, but unfortunately he is let loose on lesser trainers who are not confident enough, and/or cannot afford. to be so dismissive.
Report telepathic August 21, 2019 4:47 PM BST
Chapman lacks judgement and discretion, he should not be let loose with a microphone....embarrassment reigns.
Report impossible123 August 21, 2019 4:48 PM BST
I think to lose the race by so little from the front after a hard race against Enable previously the media ought to have left the man alone immediately after the race. I understand Chapman has a job to do nevertheless, putting profession over a lack of sensitivity and understanding of a trainer so soon after whose stable star has just been touched off in a prestigious race; there is a time and place for everything but that was not it, I believe.
Report pixie August 21, 2019 4:49 PM BST
'It's a long straight at York, is that what beat him?' - FFS, Johnny, if you think that question was in anyway offensive then have a word with yourself. I am not commenting on whether Chapman is a twatt or good/bad at his job, the point I'm trying to make is Stoute's response was rude and arrogant. I agree with Pablo and Stoute came over very poorly, his priorities lie first with his owners and then with the public, because without them, he wouldn't be getting paid like he is to do the job that he's been privileged to do. The first time I've ever had any sympathy for Chapman!
Report telepathic August 21, 2019 4:53 PM BST
Off course its offensive when you are trying to reach the owners and someone sticks a mic under your nose. Priorities don't you get it?
Report pablo-fanque August 21, 2019 4:57 PM BST
tele, stoute would have reacted the same way whether the owners were at the racecourse or not
Report sewter lives again August 21, 2019 5:17 PM BST
and probably to whoever had asked whatever question-he's just like that
Report RothmanMike August 21, 2019 5:27 PM BST
And why not.?
Stoute has class.
What does Chapman have.
Zippo.
Report acey deucy August 21, 2019 5:30 PM BST
If your talking about Class Stoute could not lace Aiden's boots ffs.Plain
Report sewter lives again August 21, 2019 5:36 PM BST
really depends on how you define class Mike
Report sadlers August 21, 2019 5:57 PM BST
While Chapman is undoubtedly a clown ,Stoute has always been an arrogant stuck up individual when it comes to giving interviews.Brilliant trainer though.
Report NORTH BERWICK August 21, 2019 6:18 PM BST
Always disliked the cash in a suitcase man. Arrogant, obnoxious and not fit to lace Sir Henrys boots.
Report RothmanMike August 21, 2019 6:31 PM BST
Stoute's record speaks for itself.
AND so does Chapman's.
Report Facts August 21, 2019 6:37 PM BST
Chapman is paid to do a job. That is asking dumbed down questions that appeal to his bosses who think dumbing down
racing is the way to win big audiences.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 6:39 PM BST
dont think ive ever seen anyone going up to  obrien few seconds after hes lost a massive race , yes 15 mins later maybe and even then not many times. chapman is an oaf, and i dont blame stoutey at all, and whats he doing the presentations, shame on you york
Report sparrow August 21, 2019 6:39 PM BST
Agree with Facts 100%.
Report RothmanMike August 21, 2019 6:42 PM BST
Deucy, take one owner away from O'Brien and he'd struggle.
Stoute has been at the top of his trade almost 50 years, how long has O'Brien been going-I'll tell you, 25years.
To say he could not lace O'Brien's boots is ridiculous, and I don't think Aiden would share your sentiments.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 6:43 PM BST
ps i think that stoute was mad because of the ride imo
Report impossible123 August 21, 2019 6:46 PM BST
^^
I'd not be pleased too given the prestige and importance of the race, and the hard race Crystal Ocean encountered against Enable.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 6:50 PM BST
thought stoute had a lot of class to be honest, id have told him to fck off tv or not
Report geordie1956 August 21, 2019 7:21 PM BST
Stoute is a great trainer but a horrible person
Chapman attempts to get inter-action with trainers as required by his bosses but the timing and effectiveness of what he does is usually all wrong ... that said some trainers at least have the good grace to accommodate his foibles ... he may often fail but at least he attempts to create entertainment .. that is what horse racing is supposed to do ... its not the easist sport to create decent TV for the casual viewer excepting the race itself
I think its fair enough to interview trainers before a race but after it should be limited to the winning connections and leave the losers to reflect on their loss ... they can offer their views at a later date
Report blackbarn August 21, 2019 7:24 PM BST
Geordie - have you met him?
Report geordie1956 August 21, 2019 7:34 PM BST
No - it was a generic answer I offered based on observations from Tv interviews & the like
happy to be proven wrong if there is anyone on the forum who offers a more generous view of his character
Report treetop August 21, 2019 7:53 PM BST
A trifle insensitive to stick a microphone in your face after such an arrow defeat.Not keen on Stoutey but Chapman has to forget that his employers agenda cant over rule others feelings either. Agree with goerdie, ask losers at a later date.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 8:00 PM BST
like i said earlier wouldnt dare do it with coolmore, never seen coolmore do an interview after a defeat straight away
Report east end boy August 21, 2019 8:03 PM BST
Who,s The fool that has the greatest respect for Stoute.I remember Swinburn  riding one that duct and dived behind the rest of the field to make sure it lost and next time out won at a big price with ease.Respect baa.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 8:04 PM BST
the most embarrasing aspect of today, was ed after logician volt win, 6/4 5/4 9/4 5/2 /7/2, for the  st leger like a little kid , cringeworthy, he calmed down later when murtagh/ weaver told him he might not go for that race
Report blackbarn August 21, 2019 8:25 PM BST
EEB - I am one of those fools. Just look at his record.

Geordie - Thanks for the reply. In these circumstances, I think I would need to meet someone to regard them as "horrible".
Report themightymac August 21, 2019 9:30 PM BST
Can`t remember the name of the horse but it was one of Stoute`s and it just got beat in the Leger. His wife/partner went to console him and he shoved her away. It was caught on C4 racing and he went down in my estimation after that.

I can understand that he doesn`t like doing interviews, not everybody wants to be to the fore like Chapman, but if you enter the public arena then you are going to have cameras stuck in your face. It`s part and parcel of the game. Perhaps he took up the wrong vocation and should have joined a Monastery up an isolated mountain.

Gosden has been approached by Chapman on numerous occasions and it was obvious that he could have chased him but he didn`t and handled it in an extremely professional manner.

A great trainer is Sir Michael but he comes across as a right bampot.
Report themightymac August 21, 2019 9:38 PM BST
He needs to hire one of them media "managers" to assist him with his public image.
Report themightymac August 21, 2019 9:41 PM BST
Chapman should not have put him on the spot like that having just lost such a big race, but Sir Michael should have just said, "Sorry Matt but I have to speak to the owner", and we wouldn`t be having this discussion.
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 9:56 PM BST
well id rather see real life emotions at the time, rather than falseness interviews , whats better for entertainment than what stoute did, more of that i say
Report Kriskin August 21, 2019 10:00 PM BST
The question Chapman asked Stoute was a very stupid won.  Do u think the long home straight went against him?  The correct way to answer a stupid question is to ignore it completely.  At least Stoute said "Rubbish"
Report Kriskin August 21, 2019 10:00 PM BST
One
Report elisjohn August 21, 2019 10:21 PM BST
think he was saying a few four letter words to doyle , shocking ride
Report breadnbutter August 22, 2019 12:10 AM BST
Fred is a wind up Shirley ?anyone think  Chap was not trolling him with the long straight offer ? Looked to me like Stoute turned and made some gesture to him just off camera ,possibly put a hand on shoulder to apologise for walking away after giving what looked to be a “No” (look and slight head shake )to the long straight offer ,Stoute did not want to engage with that as a starting point to a post race interview ,and let’s face it how many other trainers get that kind of treatment post race after a gp1 defeat . Anyway no harm done and all adds to the viewing experience . Thought the pre race coverage and ad break timing was a complete shambles along with paddock sound probs ,who was that slavering away ? Imagined the producer was in the beer tent getting bladdered .
Report Oldgit1 August 22, 2019 9:26 AM BST
themightymac:
" A great trainer is Sir Michael but he comes across as a right bampot"
Have you read this weeks in depth R.P. article on him ?
Report mymumsfinethankyou August 22, 2019 10:57 AM BST
Matt should have asked doyle .why he let himself fall into the irish trap..
Report elisjohn August 22, 2019 11:01 AM BST
doyle ride nearly as bad as quellys on  frankel in the st james
Report pixie August 22, 2019 11:27 AM BST
I'm surprised at how many are defending Stoute's behavior. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would never be so rude, especially after defeat where it might be construed as being a bad loser - a quick couple of pleasant words answering the question followed by a polite, "I'm sorry I have to discuss the run with the owners now" was all that was required.
Report Movewiththetimes August 22, 2019 11:35 AM BST
First time I was surprised by the response since Hannon's interview after Frankel beat Canford cliffs but we all have our flaws.
Report stu August 22, 2019 12:18 PM BST
Chapman's interviewed Stoute a few times, this was after a winner for him even - 'he doesn't say much' says Chapman after... Laugh

https://twitter.com/itvracing/status/1023218554823421952
Report sparrow August 22, 2019 12:39 PM BST
pixie    22 Aug 19 11:27 
I'm surprised at how many are defending Stoute's behavior. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would never be so rude, especially after defeat where it might be construed as being a bad loser - a quick couple of pleasant words answering the question followed by a polite, "I'm sorry I have to discuss the run with the owners now" was all that was required.

Anyway who was a bit old fashioned would have something to say about Chapman's attitude too.
Report elisjohn August 22, 2019 1:11 PM BST
julian wilson and bbc racing was all class.
Report stu August 22, 2019 1:24 PM BST
Not sure which is worse though, being preached at by aristocrats as presenters. Wilson, Brough etc
Report blackbarn August 22, 2019 1:33 PM BST
Aristocrats??GrinGrin  Both were public school educated and a bit posh BUT, Scott was the son of an Army officer and Wilson was the son of the chief racing journalist of the Daily Mirror. I get your point thoughWink
Report stu August 22, 2019 1:36 PM BST
Maybe slight exaggeration then, but like you say, you get the point about their 'style' Laugh
Report the dealer August 22, 2019 1:36 PM BST
i remember Brough Scott getting a right earful live on tv, from spittin Mick for interrupting him when he was talking to connections
Report neill d August 22, 2019 2:20 PM BST
Funny how young working class footballers can conduct themselves properly in interviews after a defeat. Racing doesn't care about the general public, but the general public could care even less about racing. It's because of the attitude of people like Stoute and cheats.
Report breadnbutter August 22, 2019 2:29 PM BST
“Cheat” whort a great name for hoss
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com