Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
G Hall
01 Aug 19 16:47
| Topic/replies: 9,438 | Blogger: G Hall's blog
What is the point of this gravy train merchant, brings nothing absolutely nothing everytime I hear his voice I press the mute button,talk about stealing a living.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 58
By:
casemoney
When: 01 Aug 19 16:59
The lot of em , How great it all is All  roaring about Franki and Moores Nags and what a race to savour , Then we have these Japaneses are Big strong horses Great stayers  Laugh

Fitzbollix just rambles along
By:
G Hall
When: 01 Aug 19 20:33
He is an embarrassment
By:
G Hall
When: 02 Aug 19 15:26
Get him off what a bluffer
By:
Millerracing67
When: 02 Aug 19 15:54
As dull as dishwater. Been calling him mute button mick for yrs, can't stand the ****.
By:
G Hall
When: 02 Aug 19 20:06
What does he actually contribute
By:
Nogoody
When: 02 Aug 19 20:22
Put a hat on a half-wit and the only thing you get is a half-wit waring a hat.
By:
G Hall
When: 03 Aug 19 14:38
He's back on again it's an absolute joke mute mute mute
By:
DenzilPenberthy
When: 03 Aug 19 14:41
He's just asked Ed Arkle (COC) if they are likely to split into groups in the stewards cup.
By:
G Hall
When: 07 Jun 20 14:40
Get this clown off the air, what does he bring to racing... Nothing I have to press mute again
By:
G Hall
When: 07 Jun 20 15:14
Shut up you waffling clown getting paid under false pretenses
By:
G Hall
When: 08 Jun 20 00:50
Mick please do some homework, nobody cares about jockeys being good lads, and popular in the weighroom, do some research and bring something to the game
By:
RothmanMike
When: 08 Jun 20 05:01
He ain't called Thick Mick for nothing Sad
By:
lovegod
When: 08 Jun 20 07:52
Surely Tick Mick?
By:
RothmanMike
When: 08 Jun 20 12:40
I always remember when he first came on board, John Hunt said he had taken to it
"like a duck takes to water". Sad.
Hunt went right down in my estimation then, and I wonder what he thinks now.
By:
lovegod
When: 08 Jun 20 15:02
He might have been talking about Toilet Duck?
By:
G Hall
When: 10 Jun 20 14:48
Ffs turn on atr and the first boat I see is Fitz, mute button straight away, that's Wolverhampton ruined now. This guy is fecking haunting me. Get him off, he is not fit for purpose.
By:
G Hall
When: 10 Jun 20 14:53
I've seen it all now, explaining social distancing Fu c k off
By:
wondersobright
When: 10 Jun 20 15:48
RothmanMike • June 8, 2020 11:40 AM BST
I always remember when he first came on board, John Hunt said he had taken to it
"like a duck takes to water".

must have meant that he does no homework & gets all his invoices in on time...M for old R etc Wink
By:
G Hall
When: 01 Aug 20 12:10
I am sick to death of him please, please go away
By:
G Hall
When: 01 Aug 20 16:27
Get him off
By:
G Hall
When: 05 Aug 20 14:57
I can't believe he's on again, he is awful, waffling, waffling, waffling. How does he get away with it. If he had something to contribute I wouldn't mind him
He is probably a nice fellow, but I am beginning to hate him.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 05 Aug 20 15:15
Such a sensitive soul.
By:
Nogoody
When: 05 Aug 20 15:48
Don't be such a bully , there's nothing wrong with being sensitive.
By:
lovegod
When: 05 Aug 20 15:49
To use a Fitzgeraldism, 'he's a smashing lad'.
By:
G Hall
When: 05 Aug 20 16:01
He actually says nothing worth hearing, Mick the waffler, it's nearly impossible to get off the gravy train, unless you are good at what you do.
By:
jmdc
When: 05 Aug 20 16:32
Is he a jockey coach?
By:
bluebook
When: 05 Aug 20 16:36
Fick Mitz.
By:
G Hall
When: 24 Nov 20 13:49
Ffs ever fcking day
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 24 Nov 20 18:13
Perfectly acceptable presenter.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 24 Nov 20 22:29
Over a long period Feltfair, that you tend to balance most of the adverse comments made on here against many presenters /pundits.
Whilst this may be admirable, I for one cannot deduce what you actually think of these presenters /pundits.
For example, could you please elaborate on your recent comment on Fitzgerald as being “ a perfectly acceptable presenter “.
What exactly does he bring to the table , that clearly many have trouble in identifying?
Does his insight add to your understanding of a race, or has his command of the betting patterns enlightened you?
Pray give me a small clue.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 25 Nov 20 14:14
Hi RothmanMike,

Sorry for the delay in replying but when you posted I was in the middle of watching MASH and after went to bed.

Mick Fitzgerald, where should I start.

Firstly I enjoy listening to anybody who has "been there and done it" and in particular sportsmen because they give you insights into race riding that a spectator like me would not necessarily be aware of. Carson, Dettori, Murtagh for me would be good examples and I include Mick Fitzgerald in that group.

Second during his life he has faced life threatening illness including facing paralysis from his fall from L`Ami in the Grand National which forced him into retirement from being a jockey.No doubt he could have lived off benefits but instead got on with life around horses and was recruited by Attheraces, Channel4 and ITV Racing as a presenter. If someone works hard in an industry that he has immersed himself all his life is on the "gravy train" then good luck to him.

Thirdly he gives of his time being a patron of the Alder Hey Childrens Charity and clearly identifies with very poorly children given his childhood experience.

Fourthly connections seem very happy to be interviewed by him and appear to respect his past experience which may not be applicable to all presenters.

Fifthly any success I have had punting has been by close attention to the clock and Mick has now added this to his analysis, another plus in my book.

Penultimately, if the above is not enough, I have an aversion to what I describe as the "knockers forum". A huge proportion of the posts on the Horse Racing forum are people moaning about jockeys,trainers, presenters,commentators, politicians and anyone else they can have a go at. I prefer postivity as opposed to negativity which descends into trolling certain individuals like Mick Fitzgerald and for me at some point becomes bullying if it is persistent and exclusive to one individual. 

Finally although I have never met him but he comes across as a caring decent person to me.

Sermon over.
By:
ihal essex
When: 25 Nov 20 14:57
I'm sure Mick is a very nice caring guy and always anxious to be seen as such. Nowhere on here has mention been made of reports of when Mick retired he was involved with a tipping agency along the lines of when it wins have £50 on for me, a bit like "Prince 'I Gotta Horse'" but sadly lacking the charisma!
Mick is respectable now, and his mission as presenter is to showcase racing as being whiter than white. He constantly bleats on about how wonderful the young jockey is, how hardworking the stable is, up and coming trainer etc etc.
Mick loves the game, I bet he goes home and watches  reruns of Black Beauty and then Little House on the Prairie - all to a backdrop of Sound of Music!

Mick, cut the Trapp and tell us where the bodies are buried. We know you know!
By:
RothmanMike
When: 25 Nov 20 20:15
For the record, I can’t stand the bloke.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 25 Nov 20 20:35
So in a nutshell, he’s had a bad acciident, he’s kind to children, he’s a very nice man, and you put him in the same league as Dettori, Carson and Murtagh ☹️☹️ - non of which are pundits on a racing show.
And for all this, you think he deserves a living spouting bollocks every week.
Not for me.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 25 Nov 20 21:03
Each to his own.

One man`s meat is another man`s "bollocks."
By:
RothmanMike
When: 25 Nov 20 21:07
Be careful what you eat !
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 25 Nov 20 21:12
Can`t beat a couple of sweetbreads.
By:
RothmanMike
When: 25 Nov 20 21:17
Not meant to be a personal attack, hope you are well.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 25 Nov 20 21:49
I am fine just waiting for my vaccination and a return to something like a normal life. Take care.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com