Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
OliasOfSunhillow
23 Jul 19 09:19
| Topic/replies: 2,532 | Blogger: OliasOfSunhillow's blog
Should you bet with bookmakers or exchanges like Betfair, the following covers this topic

https://markatsmartersig.wordpress.com/2018/10/05/educating-trevor-2/

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 26
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 23 Jul 19 09:41
Recently Richard Fahey`s apprentice rode a treble that paid in excess of 7,000-1 at SP. On Betfair Multiples the treble paid over 16,000-1.
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 10:11
Good example even with multiples
By:
wasnot
When: 23 Jul 19 10:28
Rule 4 Vs Reduction Factor?  Betfair downtime?
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 10:33
Betfair downtime is pretty infrequent in the grand scale of things. Also we are talking BFSP so at any point that betfair is up on a dy that it experiences downtime, you can place a BFSP bet
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 10:33
Betfair downtime is pretty infrequent in the grand scale of things. Also we are talking BFSP so at any point that betfair is up on a dy that it experiences downtime, you can place a BFSP bet
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 10:35
Also with regard to R4's, any punter should run an experiment after reading the article. Place small breadcrumb bets at the alternative to your main betting avenue and then compare after a year
By:
TheGoddess
When: 23 Jul 19 13:20
Bookmakers have to pay for media rights and levy, staff, internet platforms, shops, rents, rates, leases etc etc ete

Layers on here pay feck all - put them all on the same playing field and BETFAIR IS DEAD!
By:
wasnot
When: 23 Jul 19 13:39
If everybody switched their betting to betfair the returns to racing wouldn't be enough to keep the show on the road.  Wonder how the exchange model would work if it had to pay its fair share to racing?  I think commission rates would rise significantly.
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 13:55
Just imagine if racing owned the exchange, then racing would cop the lot.
By:
wasnot
When: 23 Jul 19 14:10
Just imagine if racing owned all the betting shops!!!
By:
mymumsfinethankyou
When: 23 Jul 19 14:11

Jul 23, 2019 -- 7:55AM, mouse muldoon wrote:

Just imagine if racing owned the exchange, then racing would cop the lot.

just imagine if you had any brains,,the forum would be a better place ,,

By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 14:13
Good day for clowns, Cardy, one of yous is about to be invested as PM.
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 15:00
The returns to racing problem is not really a difficult one to solve. I favour a racing owned exchange with one or two others keeping them in terms of terms. The alternative if Betfair dominated would be to return to levy on turnover. If this happened the commission structure would probably change but hopefully only to the detriment of those who churn and trade. Genuine market makers should not be penalised
By:
equine flew
When: 23 Jul 19 15:16
Betfair has no early prices or liquidity and no BOG.

An unrestricted b365 account, on which you can take the crazy overnight prices is the gambling golden egg.
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 15:21
By:
DenzilPenberthy
When: 23 Jul 19 15:27

Jul 23, 2019 -- 9:16AM, equine flew wrote:

Betfair has no early prices or liquidity and no BOG.An unrestricted b365 account, on which you can take the crazy overnight prices is the gambling golden egg.

I've never known anyone with a losing account it's virtually impossible to lose betting at 430 pm the day before with BOG etc. you could even just guess blindly in the middle price ranges and win over time though the geniuses think it's because they pick alot of winners - yet still get bets on apparently.

By:
equine flew
When: 23 Jul 19 15:32
Golden Egg not Holy Grail MM Grin
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 15:33
Same thing EF, but I'll see if I can dig out a golden egg pic for ya.
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 15:38
By:
DenzilPenberthy
When: 23 Jul 19 15:39
Very good should be their logo
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 23 Jul 19 15:42
And Paddy's could be a handful of magic beans.
By:
equine flew
When: 23 Jul 19 15:43
Love it MM Laugh
By:
OliasOfSunhillow
When: 23 Jul 19 15:53
The problem is that you cannot bet into bookmaker prices at any time and show a profit and have your account stay live. The question therefore is given what is realistically available which is the best option. My article demonstrates that without the best of everything (unlikely) with bookmakers you are better off with BFSP which also has nothing to do with AM liquidity.

Some of the replies show how difficult it is for punters with ingrained thinking to look at the problem from a different perspective
By:
equine flew
When: 23 Jul 19 15:59
Obviously a very valid point about access to an unrestricted account.  I should have added you can kill the bookie with e/w betting on "bad ew races".... an even quicker way to close your account.
By:
DenzilPenberthy
When: 23 Jul 19 16:09
Despite all of this those within the game,media,celebs,sportspeople,affiliates etc. are unaffected win or lose it's amazing this has been allowed to permeate and continue over so many years without any proper challenge or publicity in a sports that bemoans prize money levels and lack of new blood.
By:
DenzilPenberthy
When: 23 Jul 19 16:19
*sport
The last 2 years I've never bet less in my life and have no interest in going to the races to give a tiny bit back despite having lots of spare time to fill.
If it was the same for all my attitude would be different if we were reading stories like trainers and owners restricted to pennies for coincidently backing a horse that shortened after it was tipped by one of the tipster charlatans then feelings would be different,as it is now too much indecision and uncertainty deciding what to bet on and why with prices,winners and losers being missed due to the market lottery.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com