Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
carrot1960
28 Jun 19 19:53
| Topic/replies: 15,501 | Blogger: carrot1960's blog
The wife of Dubai’s billionaire ruler is believed to be in hiding in London after the break-up of her marriage, according to sources close to the family.

Princess Haya Al Hussein is said to be seeking a divorce after initially fleeing to Germany where she sought political asylum.

Unconfirmed reports in Arab media suggest a German diplomat helped her ‘escape’ from Dubai leading to a potential diplomatic crisis between the two countries.

It is claimed that German authorities have refused a request from her husband Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum to return his wife to Dubai.

German authorities have also refused to make any comment on the media reports and a spokesman for the Dubai ruler has also made no comment.

Two sources close to the Dubai royal family confirmed that Princess Haya has left the country and is seeking a divorce.

Oxford educated Princess Haya has not been seen in public since May 20 and her social media accounts, which are usually full of photos of her charitable work, have not been active since February.

The Princess was also a surprise absentee from last week’s Royal Ascot.

The 45-year-old accomplished horsewoman usually accompanies her husband during his annual visit to sporting event.

Both she and her husband had horses running in the Duke of Edinburgh stakes.

Sheikh Maktoum, 68, was photographed with his all male entourage and meeting with The Queen and Duke of Cambridge during Royal Ascot week but there was no sign of his wife.

A poem alleged to have been written by Maktoum and talking about 'betrayal' was posted on an Instagram account linked to the Dubai ruler.

In the poem the phrase 'you cheated the most precious thing' and 'I gave you trust and space...the biggest mistake you did was to lie.'

There is no confirmation that Maktoum was responsible for the publication of the poem on social media.

Princess Haya is one of six wives of Dubai’s ruler having married in 2004. She is often referred to as his ‘junior wife’ and is the daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan.

It is not known if her two young children are with her or back in Dubai.

Her half brother King Abdullah II is the current ruler of Jordan.

A report of her fleeing to Germany first surfaced on the website Eurabia.com.

Another site Emirates Leaks also reported the claim that Princess Haya had fled to Germany with her children Jalila,11 and Zayed aged seven. The US based site The Daily Beast claimed Haya is in hiding in London.

Many others also commented on the reports on Twitter, including controversial internet entrepreneur Kim Dotcom.

He wrote to his 700,000 followers: ‘There are unconfirmed reports that @hrhprincesshaya has fled Dubai to Germany with the help of a German diplomat. If true Haya can finally speak about what happened to Princess Latifa. Anyone who has any information please contact me via Twitter dm.’

The Princess Latifa mentioned is the 32-year-old daughter of Sheikh Maktoum who unsuccessfully tried to flee Dubai and start a new life last year
Mail Online revealed how the Princess escaped from Dubai with the help of her best friend and a former French spy.

She made a series of videos to be released if her bid for freedom failed, describing how her life as a Princess in the Arab kingdom was a sham.

Latifa claimed she was not allowed to have a passport and not allowed out on her own and had previously been imprisoned for two years after a failed escape attempt in her teens.

After fleeing Dubai she was tracked down to a yacht on the Indian Ocean and forcibly returned to Dubai where friends claim she has been kept in a drugged state and not allowed out.

Dubai authorities refused to make any comment about her escape bid or claims of mistreatment.

But after her plight was raised in the United Nations and a campaign launched to secure her freedom former Irish Prime Minister Mary Robinson was invited to meet her by Princess Haya.

The Princess was then forced to defend Mrs Robinson after she came in for an avalanche of criticism from human rights groups over the staged meeting and calling Latifa a ‘troubled young woman.’

In an interview with Irish radio the Princess said she said the Latifa situation was an ‘extremely private matter’.

She said she asked Mrs Robinson to visit as she was a trusted friend and knew each other from their work with the United Nations.

Speaking about Latifa, the Princess said: ‘It is a private family matter and I do not want to go into it because for the protection of Latifa herself and to ensure that she’s not used by anyone else. She is a vulnerable young woman.’

The Princess is known for her charitable work and actively involved in many humanitarian projects. She is a UN Messenger of Peace and Goodwill Ambassador.

Radha Stirling from the pressure group Detained in Dubai said: We have received multiple reports regarding the story of Princess Haya, from sources close to the governments in Jordan, and the UAE; all of which indicate that she has sought political asylum in Germany.

'We cannot comment on the veracity of these reports, but such an event would clearly represent a powerful indictment against the UAE and against Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid personally, as well as have potentially dramatic repercussions on the relationships between the countries involved.

'Whenever someone applies for political asylum, obviously, it is because their lives are in danger, and because they have suffered severe abuses and violations of their human rights.

'We already know that Princess Latifa, Sheikh Mohammed’s daughter, fled the UAE seeking asylum and alleging unspeakable abuse at the hands of her father.

'Now, it seems, Princess Haya, Sheikh Mohammed’s wife, has also fled the country and sought refuge in Germany. Obviously, this raises serious questions as to what prompted her to flee, and why she felt unable to simply file for divorce and relocate herself and her children without fear of reprisal from the Ruler of Dubai.

'She is, after all, a free adult woman, and the sister of the King of Jordan; yet apparently, she feels unsafe.

'Princess Haya was put in a position late last year of helping Sheikh Mohammed gloss over international concerns about the well-being of Princess Latifa after her capture, and subsequent disappearance.

She met with Mary Robinson in an orchestrated photo op with a clearly dazed and listless Latifa, in a PR stunt that was widely criticised and damaged Haya’s standing in the human rights community.'
Pause Switch to Standard View Sheikh Mo's misses a "non runner"
Show More
Report GEORGE.B June 28, 2019 10:43 PM BST
Shocked
Report MayoMan June 28, 2019 11:35 PM BST
He's a monster - the more I read about him the more I cant stand him
Report GEORGE.B June 28, 2019 11:38 PM BST
Thread up for nearly 4 hours and over a hundred views, but we had to wait for the pubs to close before finding someone brave enough to post a comment!
Report carrot1960 June 29, 2019 12:32 AM BST
More chance of finding a "Mayo man" on here than a room in Mayo (Ballina) for tomorrows game thats for sure
Report Brianinglos June 29, 2019 3:09 AM BST
A bolter.
Report DenzilPenberthy June 29, 2019 3:22 AM BST
Yes he's a kant if the highest order his type treat women like absolute shyte and it's disgusting that we walk on eggshells around such scumbags.
The country uses parts of Sharia Law more than likely where and when it serves a purpose.

Some key points of Sharia Law if you're offended you can get fcuked nobody should be forced to live like this:

• Theft is punishable by amputation of the hands (Quran 5:38).
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death (see Allah moon god).
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death (See Compulsion).
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A woman or girl who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• Testimonies of 4 male witnesses are required to prove rape of a female (Quran 24:13).
• A woman or girl who alleges rape without producing 4 male witnesses is guilty of adultery.
• A woman or girl found guilty of adultery is punishable by death (see "Islamophobia").
• A male convicted of rape can have his conviction dismissed by marrying his victim.
• Muslim men have sexual rights to any woman/girl not wearing the Hijab (see Taharrush).
• A woman can have 1 husband, who can have up to 4 wives; Muhammad can have more.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls' clitoris should be cut (Muhammad's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251).
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination (see Quran 4:34 and Religion of Peace).
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a wife needs her husband's consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• A woman's testimony in court, allowed in property cases, carries ½ the weight of a man's.
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits (see Mathematics in Quran).
• A woman cannot speak alone to a man who is not her husband or relative.
• Meat to eat must come from animals that have been sacrificed to Allah - i.e., be "Halal."
Report nellie1970 June 29, 2019 5:14 AM BST
some reports say she took around $50 million to start a new a new life away from the piece of shiite that rules Dubai.
other reports say that she has her son and daughter with her and in Germany Germany
according to friends she chose Germany as she did not trust the UK authorities not to hand her back

its funny how you never see the Feminist and pink hat brigade protesting people like him

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/princess-haya-dramatically-leaves-sheik-mohammed-bin-rashid-almaktoum-to-start-new-life/news-story/5560c582efc558e76a070a00a625f514

apparently he has denounced her in a rant on Instagram accusing her of betrayal adding "go to whom you get busy with!!!!!!!!!!?"
Report Brianinglos June 29, 2019 5:33 AM BST
Why would a highly-educated thirty
Report Brianinglos June 29, 2019 5:37 AM BST
year old very rich woman decide to be the sixth wife of a man much older than her? Was it an arranged marriage, I wonder?
Report Ramruma June 29, 2019 5:53 AM BST
Would never happen in our own Royal Family.
Report Charlton2005 June 29, 2019 7:04 AM BST
Its a tricky one cos although a female can get prosecuted for being raped (sex outside marriage), the probability of being raped in the UAE is 20 times lower than being raped in the USA.

Crime in general in dubai is extremely rare compared to western countries
Report Andrew.in.Sweden June 29, 2019 7:10 AM BST
Crime in general in dubai is extremely rare compared to western countries

Hardly surprising, most of the criminal fraternity only has one hand WinkLaugh
Report nellie1970 June 29, 2019 7:39 AM BST
first women in Jordan with a heavy goods vehicle licence.So if she is ever short of a pounds you may see her in a stobart lorry cruising past you on the motorway near you soon.
Report stephaniebot June 29, 2019 9:19 AM BST
nellie1970 29 Jun 19 05:14   

its funny how you never see the Feminist and pink hat brigade protesting people like him

In the case of the feminist crowd, most are incapable of looking beyond their own country (at best), let alone an area of the world they're never likely to visit. You barely get any Europe/US crossover, let alone a tin pot dictatorship in the Arab Gulf. Hey, in the US, getting crossover between East Coast, and West Coast is quite something! I suspect most US feminists dont even know he exists, let alone enough to complain about him.

As for the pink crowd, as someone who mediates in LGBT issues, believe me, they're too busy having a civil war to worry about straight people. A lesbian group openly at war with bi women, because they think about (let alone actually do) sex with men, oh goodness! As for them, with Transgender/non binary people, you really dont want to know, and young Trans activists tend to set up for big battles with them, deliberately.
So if you think any of those are going to worry about a man in Dubai (many hate all men), think again
Report Charlton2005 June 29, 2019 10:20 AM BST
interesting take steph
Report nellie1970 June 29, 2019 10:54 AM BST
could not agree more Steph
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 29, 2019 11:20 AM BST
Shake probably retired
Blue Point
to compensate

Hes a renowned
HOSSWHISPERER

Devil
Report stephaniebot June 29, 2019 11:50 AM BST
Charlton, as a bisexual, Intersex woman (1 op to go), who is a Civil Servant (though it will soon be was, due to need for medical retirement), I've always tried to help support other LGBTI+ people, but in last couple of years, its been more hassle than its worth due to said small group (put TERF in search engines for more details) in truth, so in the pink sense, I know only too well the position.

As to feminist position, its more what I hear from others, than direct involvement. But insularity is rife, sadly. I suppose I would describe myself as a modest feminist, in the sense I'd love equality, but many seem to want more, which is crazy. But there is a joke re Americans that for most, world means USA, Mexico, and Canada, but issue is that for far too many, its true!Crazy
Report stephaniebot June 29, 2019 11:52 AM BST
As for the Trans activists, what some of those want is so stupid, its why I've disowned them, and indeed, if anyone has 'I hate men' or 'No men wanted' or the like in their profile, I decline to help.

1. I'm bi, I dont hate men
2. They aren't likely to listen to sense anyway
Report Charlton2005 June 29, 2019 12:11 PM BST
stephaniebot
29 Jun 19 11:50
Joined: 10 Nov 03 | Topic/replies: 2,788 | Blogger: stephaniebot's blog
Charlton, as a bisexual, Intersex woman (1 op to go), who is a Civil Servant (though it will soon be was, due to need for medical retirement), I've always tried to help support other LGBTI+ people, but in last couple of years, its been more hassle than its worth due to said small group (put TERF in search engines for more details) in truth, so in the pink sense, I know only too well the position.

As to feminist position, its more what I hear from others, than direct involvement. But insularity is rife, sadly. I suppose I would describe myself as a modest feminist, in the sense I'd love equality, but many seem to want more, which is crazy. But there is a joke re Americans that for most, world means USA, Mexico, and Canada, but issue is that for far too many, its true!

The "civil war" aspects are not something I had heard of or thought of before.

Good luck with the op.
Report layemall June 29, 2019 12:11 PM BST
"its funny how you never see the Feminist and pink hat brigade protesting people like him"

agreed, and there are plenty like him in the UK too, but still silence!!
Report Knight Commander June 29, 2019 12:20 PM BST
They know there's no point having a go at people who will simply ignore them and carry on regardless.

Must be a moral there somewhere Wink
Report salmon spray June 29, 2019 12:43 PM BST
It did make me cringe when Rishi was talking to him as though he was a cross between The Pope and The Queen
On second thoughts I obviously apologise for what might seem an inappropriate comparison in more ways than one     BlushScared
Report layemall June 29, 2019 12:49 PM BST
Or just maybe too preoccupied banging their own drums and finding themselves, to be concerned enough about these type of victims.
Report nellie1970 June 29, 2019 12:55 PM BST
as a female myself Steph i agree with everything you say.All the fake outrage they come out with these days just becomes tiresome and quite frankly just bores me tears

good luck with the OP
Report stewarts rise June 29, 2019 1:27 PM BST
I really can't stand any of these sheiks and their cronies, the quicker we boot him and the rest of them out of our country the better. Should never ever be allowed to come into close contact with our Queen.
As for sharia law, what an abonimable set of laws. You only need to look at what's happening in the Schools in Birmingham to see that these cretinous people don't have any regard for our laws!
Report EastLower Gooner June 29, 2019 2:49 PM BST
Maybe if he had a bigger letterbox his post wouldn’t go missing.

:o
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 29, 2019 2:50 PM BST
LaughLaughLaugh
Report geordie1956 June 29, 2019 3:07 PM BST
Its sad that she had to choose Germany as she couldn't rely upon the UK for asylum for fear of being returned to Saudi
Most of our Government structure and its cronies are sycophants to regimes like this and are afraid of the trade implications so human rights mean nothing when money is involved
This was someone close to the top of the tree so we can only wonder at the abuse of human rights for the majority of the population
So much for Allah!
Report alun2005 June 29, 2019 3:12 PM BST
It's just a few months since I watched this depressing documentary.

For Haya's sake I hope she stays free.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/dec/06/escape-from-dubai-the-mystery-of-the-missing-princess-review-a-shocking-tale-of-complicity-and-betrayal
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2019 3:15 PM BST
Mart's just finishing the interior of her new luxury apartment.
Report layemall June 29, 2019 3:29 PM BST
Morality goes out the window for many people when money is involved, and that includes trainers and jockeys!.....but where would racing be without them, some would say ha ha Wink
Report Diff-rent June 29, 2019 3:33 PM BST
No offense but married couples deserve privacy in these situation.

So the journalist needs to stop being an idiot and grow up.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 29, 2019 3:34 PM BST
12 of them

Laugh
Report DenzilPenberthy June 29, 2019 3:52 PM BST

Jun 29, 2019 -- 9:33AM, Diff-rent wrote:

No offense but married couples deserve privacy in these situation. So the journalist needs to stop being an idiot and grow up.

Couples? He's got 6 wives what the others?

Report DenzilPenberthy June 29, 2019 3:52 PM BST
*about
Report DenzilPenberthy June 29, 2019 3:54 PM BST
At least 6 wives ImSoLuckyLucky! probably nearer the mark.
Report The Leopard June 29, 2019 3:56 PM BST
Polygamy....a crime against God....he is damned !
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2019 4:03 PM BST
Don't know the exact count, but you'd think enough for him to not really miss one.
Report The Leopard June 29, 2019 4:08 PM BST
Trouble is.....now he can't control her....she knows too much maybe ?
Report mouse muldoon June 29, 2019 4:09 PM BST
She knows where the daughters and carrots are kept.
Report The Leopard June 29, 2019 4:20 PM BST
Mo....just joking about the "damned" bit....I'm an atheist .....6 wives means 6 times the problems....always asking for trouble I think.
Report The Leopard June 29, 2019 4:22 PM BST
Sheikh Mo...of course (not you Mouse)
Report grappler June 29, 2019 10:08 PM BST
i posted this on 12/7/2018;

'shakemo has over 30 children by his various wives, most of whom have fallen from favour. a handful are granted some freedom, namely those by his favourite wife, princess haya, who is not a slave, because of her elevated status. the rest live in a gilded cage, under 24-hour guard, redoubled since this latest bid for freedom. she will never be seen again, like her sister who was kidnapped many years ago from oxford(i think). 3 of his daughters have the same name, an indication of how much he thinks of them. the only difference between this poor woman and the rest of the female population in this region is that she was able to use fabulous wealth to try and escape, a plan 6 years in the planning. she was betrayed by the despicable behaviour of modi, the indian pm, who broke international law by arresting her when he had no business to.

the rest of the female population in dobuy suffer daily torments, to a chorus of silence from the west.'

it now appears that even princess haya cannot exist as even his favoured wife. when she became another of his wives it was conditional on her being treated like a princess, a grotesque example of how status and 'honour' is everything, but human rights and decency are worthless. she is possibly the only one who could escape, given her connections and comparative freedom to travel. the rest of his 'wives' (read slaves) are doomed to incarceration and gold-plated misery. shakemo can phuck off imo, and his gold-plated khazi should be shunned by all right-thinking people(sadly not many of those involved in racing)
Report DenzilPenberthy June 29, 2019 10:33 PM BST
Hear hear
Report nellie1970 June 29, 2019 11:18 PM BST
well said grappler
Report The Leopard June 29, 2019 11:41 PM BST
To CEO Paddypower / Betfair,

I demand you ban Grappler for life from your forum and betting platform or I will buy your company and sell it to the Traveller Community for $1,

Yours sincerely,

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Report olddesperado June 30, 2019 1:05 AM BST
Laugh
Finally the world is waking up to these people.

As an irish man I feel so ashamed Mary Robinson accepted the Arab dollar.

I had so much more respect for her.

It seems despite the wealth she has accumulated and pensions forthcoming the lure of more was too much.

I'd love to believe another reason but the odds look unlikely on that being the plausible.
Report olddesperado June 30, 2019 1:06 AM BST
Scenario
Report chavman June 30, 2019 1:23 AM BST
bit like communism
Report chavman June 30, 2019 1:27 AM BST
a life under suppression,control and non existant human rights
Report chavman June 30, 2019 1:29 AM BST
petro dollar communism
Report the old nanny ;-) June 30, 2019 3:51 AM BST
Just imagine Having 12 Wives

The Inlaws    HOLY FOOK Shocked
Report the old nanny ;-) June 30, 2019 3:52 AM BST
It does not bare thinking about Laugh
Report DenzilPenberthy June 30, 2019 3:54 AM BST
Not as much bother when you can lock them up at will
Report Reynard June 30, 2019 9:44 AM BST
the old nanny ;-) • June 30, 2019 3:51 AM BST
Just imagine Having 12 Wives

The Inlaws    HOLY FOOK

Bearing in mind that these 'In-laws' that you speak of are almost certain to be your own great aunts and uncles Mischief
Report stephaniebot June 30, 2019 10:09 AM BST
The Leopard 29 Jun 19 23:41   

To CEO Paddypower / Betfair,

I demand you ban Grappler for life from your forum and betting platform or I will buy your company and sell it to the Traveller Community for $1,

Yours sincerely,

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Oh for goodness sake, dont give the evil man ideas he will think are wise ones.
Report TheCoat June 30, 2019 10:31 AM BST
Princess Haya. If you are reading this, you are welcome to seek sanctuary at my house. I promise to treat you like the lady you are. Please PM me. TheCoat
Report Reynard June 30, 2019 10:41 AM BST
Yep , I'm pretty certain our Lady in Distress is on here somewhere Crazy
Report posy June 30, 2019 10:58 AM BST
This is a huge story which surely will be headlined over the liberal newspapers and can't think she'll be 'safe' wherever she ends up.
A really beautiful lady who'll be living in fear for the rest of his life.
Report nellie1970 June 30, 2019 11:05 AM BST
i am surprised this thread is still up with criticism of the prick with the beard.

Rishi Pasad will be seething if he has seen this thread
Report G Hall June 30, 2019 11:06 AM BST
Mary Robinson is and always was a hypocrite in my opinion
Report grappler June 30, 2019 1:49 PM BST
if any good comes of this it might be that this despot scales back his godawphul racing charity, for that is what it is. it keeps thousands of people going, wasting zillions annually, but if you have the keys to the treasury, you are unlikely to have any regard for money. no doubt the citizens of dobuy are thrilled that the no.1 camel-banger squanders the states  fortune on his hobby, building a colossal racecourse(contractors made fortunes, such is the way of business in the desert sh1thole) entirely as his plaything.

everyone knows godawphul were souping-up their horses. roids were legal in dobuy until they got caught. despicably, the craven authorities connived in finding a single scapegoat in alzarooney, and the whole thing was dealt with in an unusually hasty fashion. the consequences of banning the whole rotten, cheating organisation were too much for racings rulers to contemplate. it would be like the premier league losing the big 6 teams.

i hope they go away completely. it will hurt racing grievously at first, but will be healthy in the long term, reducing prices(grossly inflated by the mactombs lack of regard for the value of cash), reducing corruption and over-production.

shakey has total control in his gold-plated khazi but when he ventures abroad he is open to at least some criticism, though nowhere near enough, and this might cause him some concern because honour and status and grotesque notions of respect mean everything in his squalid universe, and if he loses face in front of his helots, which could only happen outside dobuy, he will react very badly, and might just pull the plug. lets hope so
Report mrcombustible July 1, 2019 7:49 AM BST
Mary Robinson’s friend Princess Haya seeks asylum
Human rights campaigners call on Princess Haya to speak out on her stepdaughter Latifa’s fate in Dubai

Mark Tighe
June 30 2019, 12:01am,
The Sunday Times

Politics
Middle East
Europe
Germany
Princess Haya is reported to have left her husband of 15 years, Dubai’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, and to have sought political asylum in Germany
Princess Haya is reported to have left her husband of 15 years, Dubai’s Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, and to have sought political asylum in Germany
MARK CUTHBERT
Save
Human-rights campaigners who have supported Princess Latifa of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have urged Princess Haya, her stepmother, to speak out about conditions in Dubai after she reportedly fled to Germany.

Princess Haya, a long-time friend of Mary Robinson, the former Irish president, is reported to have left Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, her husband and the prime minister of the UAE, and sought political asylum in Germany.

In January, Haya, who worked in stud farms in Ireland in the 1990s, spoke on RTE Radio defending the way her stepdaughter, Latifa, was being treated in Dubai. This followed Latifa’s attempt to escape from the UAE in a yacht, which was foiled by armed forces.

Haya arranged for Robinson to fly to Dubai last December and to be photographed with a vacant-looking Latifa at a private meal, to provide the first public evidence that Latifa was still alive. She had insisted her stepdaughter’s welfare was a private family matter.

Haya, daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan, is one of six wives of Dubai’s ruler, who has over 30 children.

Al-Maktoum, her husband of 15 years, has extensive business interests in Ireland where he owns studs and stables in Meath, Kildare and Tipperary and he also financially supports the Islamic mosque and cultural centre in Clonskeagh, south Dublin.

Yesterday, a spokeswoman for Robinson, who has denied being a “willing pawn” for Dubai’s ruler on her visit last year, said the former president would not comment on reports that Haya had fled Dubai. “Mary has said she will be respecting Princess Haya’s privacy in what is a private matter,” the spokeswoman said.

Toby Cadman, a lawyer with Guernica 37 International Justice Chambers and a former legal counsel to Latifa, said Haya’s reported departure from Dubai was a significant development.

“The human-rights situation in the UAE is dire, as has been reported for some time,” Cadman said. “The facade of progressive reform and freedom is just that, a facade.

“The credible reports emerging of Princess Haya’s departure, and seeking refuge in Europe, is the most high-profile case so far. It clearly demonstrates the lengths that women are being forced to go to in order to flee a system of oppression and abuse.

Princess Latifa with Mary Robinson in Dubai
Princess Latifa with Mary Robinson in Dubai
AP
“The issue will, of course, be whether Princess Haya will now speak about the very serious allegation of forced abduction and false imprisonment of her step-daughter Sheikha Latifa. It should be noted that it was Princess Haya who invited and paid for the former UN high commissioner, Mary Robinson, to travel to Dubai in December 2018 in what has been described as a whitewash.

“I certainly hope that Princess Haya now steps forward and addresses what she was clearly forced to do by the ruling authority in Dubai. It is at times like this that a person’s integrity is truly tested.”

Ken Roth, the US lawyer who is the executive director of Human Rights Watch, said Robinson did the world a service by accepting Princess Haya’s invitation for lunch and showing the world that Princess Latifa is alive “despite her father having kidnapped her back after she tried to escape her gilded prison”.

“Unfortunately, Princess Haya, backed by Mary Robinson, promoted the idea that Princess Latifa is a ‘troubled young woman’ in the loving care of her family — something that no one is able to judge until Princess Latifa is allowed to leave her gilded prison and speak freely for herself,” said Roth.

“Now Princess Haya has fled her own gilded prison. I wish her safe refuge as she tries to avoid any effort of her husband to kidnap her back to Dubai the way he did his daughter, Princess Latifa.” Since Haya’s disappearance al-Maktoum, who publishes poetry online, has written two poems, one in English and one in Arabic, apparently bemoaning the loss of his wife, though not naming her.

In the poem in English, Affection in Your Eyes, he writes that he has discerned a “fatal arrow” in her eyes, which is driving him insane. “Let the past be; soften your heart/ Forgive my mistakes, and reward my good deeds.”

The Arabic poem, posted on an Instagram account affiliated to him, is more bitter. “You betrayer, you betrayed the most precious trust, and your game has been revealed.”
Report mouse muldoon July 1, 2019 10:49 AM BST
Lyrically, the Sheikh appears to be of the Martin Fry school.
Report Deltâ July 1, 2019 11:04 AM BST
Who broke my heart, you did, you did
Bow to the target, blame Cupid, Cupid
You think you're smart, stupid, stupid
Report onlooker July 1, 2019 2:13 PM BST
Sheikh Mo's misses a "non runner"

Given that this is a Horse Racing Forum - The Thread TITLE has to be one  of the best and funniest ever ...

Sheikh Mo's misses a "non runner"    GrinHappy

I would have been proud of that myself.

Come to think of it - It would make a great name for a racehorse - were there not too many letters ... Only 18 characters being allowed, including spaces.

However - 'Sheikh Mo's Missus' - would qualify under the 18 character rule ...

I wonder if Weatherbys would allow it. Grin
Report Reynard July 1, 2019 2:26 PM BST
I thin you'll find he owns Weatherby's Mischief
Report grappler July 1, 2019 2:28 PM BST
surely she is a runner? shes done one. i tried to get one of my rich chums to name one of his horses dobuy khazi but he wouldnt do it
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com