Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BigField
07 Mar 19 15:43
| Topic/replies: 2,675 | Blogger: BigField's blog
This isn't regarding any race/jockey/horse/trainer in particular. But if you walk through a tunnel that has pigeons in it, and get shat on by said pigeons, then the next time you walk though said tunnel one should not be surprised by those ruddy pigeons **** on oneself yet again.

When we are victims to corruption, blame ourselves for seeking justice through these means, we know what we are getting ourselves in to, we know that we gamble on a sport rife with dodgy-ness. It is we who are to blame, just as much as those who conspire to beat us.

Anyway, have a good Thursday everyone. Just next time you get unlucky, blame yourself, not the jockey, because if I was a jockey/trainer I'd be as dodgy as they come. If you can't beat the game then join it, alternatively - avoid it - something which a lot of us, myself incluced, should be doing.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 13
By:
RothmanMike
When: 07 Mar 19 16:28
Fancy anything at Cheltenham?
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 16:31
:D :D :D Sir Erek!!
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 16:31
Would say Le Breuil in the martin pipe or coral cup but looks like its staying chasing
By:
onlooker
When: 07 Mar 19 16:32
HOW are we - "to blame"?
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 07 Mar 19 16:34
original sin
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 16:43
onlooker - we should learn from our mistakes, a corrupt game stays corrupt no matter how much we study/get better at it!
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 16:43
But if you can make a profit, then be my guest!
By:
onlooker
When: 07 Mar 19 17:36
That 'logic' still does not make US- "to blame" - for your view of the corruption in racing.
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 18:30
if you make a recurring error, it is your fault.

no need to pick holes in a thing full of holes though onlooker, you know what I'm trying to say, just don't take it personally.
By:
elise
When: 07 Mar 19 18:36
wear a sombrero
By:
onlooker
When: 07 Mar 19 19:22
Well, I will have to remain pedantic.

Your choice of the word - "blame" - in ... "It is we who are to blame"  ... being inappropriate, in my opinion.

By your reasoning - I choose to bet on horse racing ... so the inference is that I am, "to blame," for the nefarious deeds of SOME, not ALL, others.

Most of us are entirely aware of the potential opportunities offered to OTHERS by the 'short-field' scenarios of the past few days.

Many of us have given those meetings the swerve -  or acted accordingly.

'COMPLICIT' BUT by INNOCENT involvement - is what I think you are really trying to say.

Many are not so naive, though
By:
BigField
When: 07 Mar 19 19:36
We are to blame for our own shortcomings

Complicit a good word too though I'll give you that
By:
MC Roller
When: 07 Mar 19 20:52
I love backing horses that triple in odds in the lead up to the off and finish half an hour behind the ambulance. I just smile and mutter what a shrewdie, expect a restriction email.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com