Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Trusty
07 Mar 19 07:50
| Topic/replies: 6,103 | Blogger: Trusty's blog
going to declare this one and screw up the handicap? 50% of the filed will be out of the handicap if he declares it.

Any one know?

A horse carrying top weight hasn't won for 20 years and that was 25 years after the previous one.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
TheAnorak
When: 07 Mar 19 09:14
Yes, 16 declared and they include Call Me Lord
By:
Trusty
When: 07 Mar 19 09:38
thanks, gets a nice racing weight for his other runner off his new mark but he hasn't had great success in the race todate.
By:
Baker Boy
When: 08 Mar 19 12:53
Yes remarkable the Nicky and PN have only had 1 winner between them in the races history.

Not a great race for top-weights either, Blowing Wind in 98 the last to manage that feat, with nothing else carrying over 11st its an intriguing race.

My eye is drawn to Speredek, which you would assume is highly exposed and not the type for this race, but its carrying 10st and drips tomorrow, its won the last three times its carried less than 11st, the last one of those when trouncing Gino Trail at Sandown, got a much lower hurdles rating than chase and i think 20/1 is more than fair. For a horse that will try and dominate and may not be easy to peg back in the forecast going.
By:
Shalimah
When: 08 Mar 19 15:44
Slightly tongue in cheek but I think you will find Nicky has won it twice.
By:
Trusty
When: 08 Mar 19 15:47
It has certainly been backed because it was 33/1 a couple of days ago and I think there is a trade in him but you have to be worried about a 10lb claimer with 4 winners to his name in this race. He has only had one ride recently and you have to question his fitness level against the pros!

I think the winner comes from these:-

Dream Du Grand Val

Solomon Grey

Malaya

Storm Rising

Totterdown

I'll probably do Totterdown e/w more in hope than otherwise. Dream DGV I will back also if it drifts further on here but not at 7/1, Solomon has Harry back on for first time since last win, Malaya can't back at 6/1 (if it wins good luck to them but way too short for me) should be suited by strong run race back at 2 miles. Storm Rising, drifting like a barge and wants better ground, Totterdown CD winner in lower grade -e/w chance and the selection at the prices of 33/1!

We should be 1st and 2nd after the first hurdle....be nice to think they will still be there at the finish!
By:
Handicap
When: 08 Mar 19 15:51
I agree with your first 3
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel