Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
clayfield1
17 Feb 19 13:30
| Topic/replies: 896 | Blogger: clayfield1's blog
Has anyone had any dealings with Martin Julian, one of my mates has just started getting his weekend card, doesn't seen much good what he's shown me.
Share |
Pause Switch to Standard View Martin Julian
Show More
Report duncan idaho February 17, 2019 2:19 PM GMT
hopeless...style over substance
Report Brian February 17, 2019 2:45 PM GMT
Been around for decades, must be doing something right to be still operating even if it is just his style. I had a little bit of dealing with him in the 80s with syndicated/partnership horses when he seemed an Ok guy but don't know anything about his tipping qualities if that is what he is doing now.
Report penzance February 17, 2019 3:02 PM GMT
does the dark horses books
Report 1830 February 17, 2019 5:21 PM GMT
From what I remember of him, I think he used to mention more than one horse in his write ups,then claim any of the ones mentiones as a winner.
Report lockup February 17, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
yes bought his dark horse annual a few years casts such a wide net bound to have some winners but the better ones that were the subject of successful gambles werent there trainers kept them for themselves.As for tipping line useless.
Report clayfield1 February 17, 2019 5:34 PM GMT
Hard to judge him, he gave 7 horses yesterday 1 winner, today he gave 2 horses both won.
Report duncan idaho February 17, 2019 5:51 PM GMT
hopeless was a bit strong but dont think there's anything to be gained from his products other than for interest's sake
Report lead on February 18, 2019 9:26 PM GMT
Back in the 80's his Bulletin books were sharp and incisive,as was his Sunday Times column(can't remember its name)...his Cheltenham Bulletin Book in 1988 was red hot in particular..tipped Kildimo and Taberna Lord in successive races at decent odds amongst others...recently he seems to have lost that incisiveness and tends to be a bit vague and non-committal...of course maybe that's just me getting older ...still enjoy his writing though and that of Ian Carnaby.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com