Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pollybournemouth
01 Jan 19 14:45
| Topic/replies: 469 | Blogger: pollybournemouth's blog
Squeeze all the Races you can in !  I like Racing when Trainers get interviewed between races Etc -- This is For Bookmakers not Punters

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 71
By:
Barton Bank
When: 01 Jan 19 14:46
Today has been hideous viewing but it was always going to be a clashfest with so many meetings. Better judged another day.
By:
wondersobright
When: 01 Jan 19 14:48
there will be far more days like this
3 jumps meeting on 1 channel is plenty
By:
Deltâ
When: 01 Jan 19 14:48
bago****
By:
sparrow
When: 01 Jan 19 14:51
Some will still argue that most of the time it will be fine and today it's a one off.
By:
chavman
When: 01 Jan 19 14:52
the 2 runners today were underwhelming BB
By:
The Dragon
When: 01 Jan 19 14:52
time will tell i ended up watching itv today coz too many meetings on ruk
By:
Barton Bank
When: 01 Jan 19 14:54
The Great Wall bled from the nose. Hopefully nothing serious and can be sorted out.
Point Zero just ran poorly. I think he is better off when he is able to get to the front.
By:
skygreenzone
When: 01 Jan 19 14:54
All racing for bookmakers the ultimate mug bet.
By:
sparrow
When: 01 Jan 19 15:03
It's like being stood in a betting shop with split screens and races going off every couple of minutes. Cry
By:
wondersobright
When: 01 Jan 19 15:09
that's exactly what I said on another thread sparrow...the betting shop conveyer belt of sh1te experience
By:
duncan idaho
When: 01 Jan 19 15:10
wont we going to moan about tomorrow when there's one meeting on RUK?  Plain
By:
sparrow
When: 01 Jan 19 15:23
Keep telling us the same duncan every Saturday and most of the summer. Plain
By:
geoff m
When: 01 Jan 19 15:24
I like wall to wall racing without the cr@p interviews with yes/no PR bollax.
By:
McCoy Carp
When: 01 Jan 19 15:30
I would rather we watched the race, heard the commentary and nothing else, no pundits, trainer inteviews, bookie reps etc - nothing.
By:
Barton Bank
When: 01 Jan 19 15:32
One race at a time will do me, regardless of whether we have the rest of the blurb or not.
By:
deadbrain59
When: 01 Jan 19 15:42
irishDevilDevil
By:
handtorofe
When: 01 Jan 19 15:45
Making the best of it but just too much going on
By:
differentdrum
When: 01 Jan 19 15:46
Only problem the split screens. Lack of presenters a bonus. Pointless having any today.
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 01 Jan 19 15:47
Nevo still trousers a cool monkey for doing f.a.
By:
Rider
When: 01 Jan 19 15:49
if nevison is somewhere on there today ruk might just as well set fire to subscribers money
By:
Ibrahima Sonko
When: 01 Jan 19 15:54
Needs tv racing 1,2 & 3

i would like a build up and a paddock view on the important races.
By:
StillLearning
When: 01 Jan 19 15:55
Like watching SIS
By:
harry callaghan
When: 01 Jan 19 15:59
i'd sooner they split the irish racing to another channel myself, then people who want the irish racing get what they want and the rest of the people get what they want, i didn't like all the split screens today personally
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 01 Jan 19 16:04
I just heard Nevo there, not sure what he's chatting about.
By:
mouse muldoon
When: 01 Jan 19 16:05
I tend to zone out, same for the Dixon bros.
By:
SlippyBlue
When: 01 Jan 19 16:12

Jan 1, 2019 -- 9:55AM, StillLearning wrote:

Like watching SIS

I completely agree I.S. I want to watch the horses in the parade ring and not listen to someone talking about stuff that I've no interest in. I want to watch the horses!!

By:
jamesdean
When: 01 Jan 19 17:03
Can do that by logging in to the website and clicking racingtv extra, then select your track.
Horses going to post and no waffle etc
By:
StillLearning
When: 01 Jan 19 17:13

Jan 1, 2019 -- 10:12AM, SlippyBlue wrote:

Jan  1, 2019 --  3:55PM, StillLearning wrote:Like watching SISI completely agree I.S. I want to watch the horses in the parade ring and not listen to someone talking about stuff that I've no interest in. I want to watch the horses!!

I don't follow Irish Racing, got no interest in it, so all it's doing is diluting the UK racing coverage.

By:
1st time poster
When: 01 Jan 19 17:34
Richmond,ruk have been having a beef about horses not starting in a straight line,they,ll love all the irish 999 shots a furlong behind after 2 furlongs racing
By:
impossible123
When: 01 Jan 19 19:52
No racing channel for me until the pictures are truly live, and not a delayed transmission. I'm willing to pay a premium, if must, but not for a service that is delayed especially if I intend to play in-running; I'm not interested in the opinions and supposedly professional readings of races by presenters or pundits - I'm only for "live" pictures, end of.
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 01 Jan 19 20:17

Jan 1, 2019 -- 1:52PM, impossible123 wrote:

No racing channel for me until the pictures are truly live, and not a delayed transmission. I'm willing to pay a premium, if must, but not for a service that is delayed especially if I intend to play in-running; I'm not interested in the opinions and supposedly professional readings of races by presenters or pundits - I'm only for "live" pictures, end of.

I believe its the least they can do, not only are you paying a premium, you can get it for free on here.

By:
impossible123
When: 01 Jan 19 20:41
Indeed, what is the point of a paying for a service that is available elsewhere for free? In the City a trader could pay to access the same technology and software similar to those of big financial instis to trade stocks and shares, currencies, commodities, etc, in order to gain an advantage over those who do not eg retail/private investors.

Racing Channels are like pay-per-view movie channels where one can watch movies before others eg terrestrial tv or even the cinema.
By:
FrankRA
When: 01 Jan 19 22:17
If the big 4 have their way you will be seeing virtual racing on RUK when they only have 1 meeting on,I dont subscribe anymore either as I believe by paying a subscription you should not have bookmakers or any other firms advertising on there.
By:
jmdc
When: 02 Jan 19 11:36
^ But you happily pay a subscription to Sky and are bombarded with the filth!
By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 02 Jan 19 11:50

Jan 2, 2019 -- 5:36AM, jmdc wrote:

^ But you happily pay a subscription to Sky and are bombarded with the filth!

Yeah but there is no alternative (regardless off who you pay whether its sky or bt) you see the same stuff or miss out.

With the  RUK subscription you CAN see exactly the same stuff,  on live video (that is 5 pence a race)

By:
ItsMeSwaddle
When: 02 Jan 19 11:51
Also again to play devils advocate, if i was playing for anymore money than i do now, id have the subscription, its easier innit.
By:
One Nation
When: 04 Jan 19 16:36
Will be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out.

A manageable day for RUK with three meetings, but Cork is scheduled to start 5 minutes after Sandown all day.

Will Cork wait for Sandown (Ireland never used to when on ATR)? If they don't, quite a bit of Sandown's closing stages will be split screen.

It's not good enough for RUK to say "you can watch it in full screen on Extra" - most people want to watch on their TV and the Extra option is around 10 seconds behind live.
By:
duffy
When: 04 Jan 19 17:31
Agreed, racing tv extra is a waste of time, the irish tracks won't be happy having their product on split screens or shunted to the extra channel either.
By:
lockup
When: 04 Jan 19 19:44
I hate split screens but both channels have so many boring bastards on them it saves turning the bullshit filter on and listening to trainers being asked crap questions would rather have someone saying I have backed this because, whether right or wrong lets have some honest opinions and if you don't like one say I have layed this right or wrong like you have on forums.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com