Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sparrow
18 Dec 18 18:05
| Topic/replies: 40,806 | Blogger: sparrow's blog
The Rocking Horse Winner (1949)

A young boy receives a rocking horse for Christmas and soon learns that he is able to pick the winning horse at the races.
Pause Switch to Standard View Talking Pictures channel 9pm tonight
Show More
Report sparrow January 29, 2021 6:52 PM GMT
Cup Fever (1965)

Courtesy of ITV Global Entertainment Ltd
Main image of Cup Fever (1965)        
35mm, black and white, 63 mins

Director    David Bracknell
Production Companies    Children's Film Foundation, Century Film Productions
Producer    Roy Simpson
Story and Screenplay    David Bracknell
Director of Photography    John Coquillon
Music    Bill McGuffie

Cast: Denis Gilmore (Skipper Davis), Susan George (Vicky Davis), Gary Mason (Fatso Cook), Bernard Cribbins (PC 386), David Lodge (Councillor Bates), Pip Rolls (Thumper Bates), Sonia Graham (Mrs Davis), Matt Busby (Himself)
Show full cast and credits

Boys' football team Barton United are left with nowhere to train for the Junior Football League Cup final when Councillor Bates closes their pitch to make way for a car park - it's no coincidence Bates' son plays for Barton's closest rivals.
Show full synopsis

Sporting competitions, with their unambiguous 'winners' and 'losers', were at the core of so many films of the CFF's heyday that a football feature was inevitable. In Cup Fever, the plucky, happy-go-lucky, under-funded ragtag underdogs of Barton United (an old shed for a clubhouse, home-made kit) face the bankrolled Tooley Green, with their flash kit provided by their captain's dad Councillor Bates. As ever in CFF's worldview, big business, represented by Bates, is corrupt and crooked: Bates has his son sabotage Barton's bid for cup glory - and the prize of the plush Park ground for a year - at every turn. Barton, however, are aided by a local policeman who they initially distrust but who turns out to be a good egg. "Don't keep running away from policemen - I mean, we play football too, you know," the friendly bobby reminds them. The moral is the CFF's unwritten motto, 'cheats never prosper'.

Provincial filmmaking at this time was something of a rarity, so the location shooting in the environs of Manchester is noteworthy. Shot mostly among red brick suburbs, the film also offers brief glimpses of the modern concrete city centre. Barton play their cup final at the Moss Lane ground of amateur Cheshire League side Altrincham, but of course the most famous location used is Manchester United's Old Trafford ground, seen here at a time of extensive renovation. United manager Matt Busby makes a stilted speaking cameo, with playing luminaries (including Denis Law, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Nobby Stiles and Pat Crerand) reduced to non-speaking roles as part of a professional training session, filmed mostly in long shot. To appease Man City fans, departing goalkeeping legend Bert Trautman presented the trophy to Barton at the film's close.
Report Lee Ho Fooks February 15, 2021 1:20 PM GMT
Early reminder for all you mature chit chatters out there. Starts Sunday 7th March 9pm

The Champions

Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready (Love) and Richard Barrett were agents for Nemesis, an international intelligence organisation based in Geneva. Their first mission as a team; investigate some potentially lethal experiments in Communist China, but as they were escaping, their plane was damaged, and crashed into a remote part of the Himalayas. When they were rescued by members an unknown society, they came away with superhuman powers; telepathy, superior strength, memory, etc. They returned to the outside world as "Champions of law, order and justice."
Report sparrow February 15, 2021 1:22 PM GMT
It was all a bit too much for me at the time, Lee.  Barely understood a word of it Laugh
Report Lee Ho Fooks February 15, 2021 1:26 PM GMT
Oh they talked did they Sparrow? Whenever Alexandra Bastedo was on screen I was smitten, didn't hear a word anyone said.
Report acey deucy February 15, 2021 1:28 PM GMT
Alexandra Bastedo my first True Love.LoveLoveLove
Report sparrow February 15, 2021 1:30 PM GMT
Ah well, I had forget about Alex Happy
Report Lee Ho Fooks February 17, 2021 11:02 AM GMT
Forgot to post this one, was on very early this morning. Hopefully they will show lots of the ones the ones I remember.

Popeye the sailor Ancient Fistory (1953)

Popeye is working for Bluto. Princess Olive will choose her mate in a reverse telling of the Cinderella story.
Report sparrow February 22, 2021 8:08 PM GMT
For those who haven't seen this film "Awakenings" is an excellent watch at 11.15pm tonight on the Sony Classic channel. 

Awakenings is a 1990 American drama film based on Oliver Sacks's 1973 memoir of the same title. It tells the story of a fictional character, neurologist Dr. Malcolm Sayer, who is based on Sacks and played by Robin Williams. In 1969, he discovered beneficial effects of the drug L-Dopa. He administers it to catatonic patients who survived the 1917–1928 epidemic of encephalitis lethargica. Leonard Lowe (played by Robert de Niro) and the rest of the patients are awakened after decades and have to deal with a new life in a new time. The film was nominated for three Academy Awards.
Report hello :-) February 22, 2021 11:19 PM GMT
what a movie , oscar worthy performaces from williams and de niro

glad i seen this , perfect timing Happy
Report sparrow February 24, 2021 5:05 PM GMT
For those who haven't seen it the classic 60s film "A Kind of Loving" (1962) is on at 11.25pm tonight on the Talking Pictures channel.

Manchester draftsman Vic Brown (Alan Bates) becomes involved with secretary Ingrid Rothwell (June Ritchie), who works at his firm. After they sleep together, she gets pregnant. Vic feels a sense of responsibility -- although he's not really in love with her -- and proposes marriage. The couple is forced to live with Ingrid's mother (Thora Hird), who treats Vic with contempt because of his working-class background. But, when tragedy strikes, Vic must decide what his new wife means to him.
Report stewarty b February 24, 2021 7:40 PM GMT
Awakenings is a great movie. Will try and keep my peepers open for  "A Kind of Loving" . I can't remember seeing it before.
Report elisjohn February 27, 2021 2:04 PM GMT
starts sunday 7/3 at 9,00pm, the most beautiful girl in the world in the series " THE CHAMPIONS" ALEXANDER BASTIDO

The Champions is a British espionage thriller/science fiction/occult detective fiction adventure television series. It was produced by Lew Grade's ITC Entertainment production company, and consists of 30 episodes broadcast on the UK network ITV during 1968–1969.[1] The series was broadcast in the US on NBC, starting in summer 1968.[2]
Agents Craig Stirling, Sharron Macready and Richard Barrett work for a United Nations law enforcement organization called 'Nemesis', based in Geneva. Barrett is a codebreaker, Stirling a pilot, and Macready a recently widowed scientist and doctor.

During their first mission as a team, their plane crashes in the Himalayas. They are rescued by an advanced civilization living secretly in the mountains of Tibet, who save their lives, granting them enhanced abilities, including extrasensory powers to communicate with one another over distances (telepathy) and to foresee events (precognition), enhanced versions of the ordinary five senses, and intellectual and physical abilities reaching the fullest extent of human capabilities.[2][3]

Many stories feature unusual villains, such as fascist regimes from unspecified South American countries, Nazis (a common theme of ITC 1960s and 1970s TV, in part owing to both the writers and the domestic audience having been of the war generation) or the Chinese. The villains' schemes often threaten world peace; Nemesis' brief is international, so the agents deal with threats transcending national interests. The main characters have to learn the use of their new powers as they go along, keeping what they discover secret from friend and foe alike. Each episode begins with a close-up shot of a map, showing the region in which the story is to take place, followed by a teaser sometimes prefaced by stock footage; this is followed by the title sequence. Immediately following that is a post-title vignette, in which one or more of the Champions demonstrates exceptional mental or physical abilities, often astonishing or humiliating others. In one example Stirling participates in a sharpshooting contest. In another, Macready's car is blocked in, two laughing passing drunks try to lift it out but she goes round to the other side and pulls it out of the parking space one-handed. Paradoxically, the narration during these often-public demonstrations usually mentions the need to keep the powers a secret.

The only other series regular is the Champions' boss, Tremayne. He does not know that his agents have special abilities, although he does ask innocent questions about just how on their missions they managed to carry out certain tasks about which their reports were vague.
Report scrabbler February 27, 2021 2:09 PM GMT
Enjoyed seeing "A Kind Of Loving" again. From what was shown it certainly grim oop North in the 1960s. part of the enjoyment is spotting actors who later became well-known. In these were James Bolam, Jack Smethurst, Leonard Rossiter, Kathy Staff to name just a few.
Report acey deucy February 27, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
Yes scrabbler it was well worth a watch.
Report sparrow February 27, 2021 8:19 PM GMT
A couple of classics on tonight starting with "The Graduate" (1967) on the Sony Classic channel at 9pm

While he is lured into a seductive affair with the wife of his father's business partner, college graduate Benjamin also falls in love with her daughter, Elaine.

And later at 11.50pm "The Cotton Club" (1984) on Talking Pictures.

The lives of various characters intersect at Harlem's renowned Cotton Club. Handsome horn player Dix Dwyer (Richard Gere) falls for Vera Cicero (Diane Lane), the stunning girlfriend of famous gangster Dutch Schultz (James Remar). Meanwhile Dix's brother, Vincent (Nicolas Cage), falls in with Schultz's crew, while Owney Madden (Bob Hoskins), the jazz venue's proprietor, has his own mob ties. Although Dix goes on to become a Hollywood actor, his life doesn't get any less complicated or dangerous.
Report elisjohn February 28, 2021 7:43 AM GMT
a boy , a girl and a bike, just watched it again this morning, fab scenery of west yorkshire, malham cove etc, and a beautiful honor blackman.
Report sparrow March 6, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
Good film at 9pm tonight on Talking Pictures.....The Color of Money (1986)

Eddie Felson takes a cocky yet talented youngster under his wing and teaches him the art of pool hustling. This inspires him to make an unlikely comeback.

Director: Martin Scorsese
Writers: Walter Tevis (novel), Richard Price (screenplay)
Stars: Paul Newman, Tom Cruise, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio
Report sparrow March 6, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
Just noticed that the film is followed at 11.30pm by a 1980 biography of Nijinsky starring Alan Bates Grin
Report elisjohn March 6, 2021 8:45 PM GMT
dont miss the champions tomorrow, worth just watching for a proper woman,  LoveLoveLove
Report sparrow March 6, 2021 9:01 PM GMT
Yes elisjohn, Alexandra not Alexander Laugh
Report elisjohn March 6, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
Winkand no tattoosGrin
Report elisjohn March 6, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
i would have her without any doubt top 5 most beautiful women of all time , maybe top of the tree
Report sparrow March 11, 2021 6:39 PM GMT
On the Talking Pictures channel at 10pm tonight.

22:00    Dangerous Davies, The Last Detective (1980). Comedy. Directed by Val Guest.

Stars Bernard Cribbins, Bill Maynard, Joss Ackland & Maureen Lipman. Detective Constable Davies is accident prone but gets the chance to investigate a villain.
Report hello :-) March 11, 2021 6:43 PM GMT
what a cast , worth it for that alone tho not seen it
Report Lee Ho Fooks March 12, 2021 1:13 PM GMT
^^ Drat! Never noticed The Color of Money was on. I've seen it loads of times and I always look forward to hearing me mentioned in that great scene in the pool hall
Report RothmanMike March 17, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
Gambling ring investigation on at the moment on the channel.
Report sparrow March 17, 2021 7:10 PM GMT
That Edgar Wallace programme has been on a few times.
Report sparrow March 20, 2021 7:52 PM GMT
For anyone who hasn't seen this at 10.35pm tonight on BBC4 is the incredible true story of Eddie Chapman the wartime double agent.

The line about truth being stranger than fiction is never truer than when applied to Eddie Chapman, a tall, dashing chap who was also a master safe-cracker, irrepressible womaniser and, at the same time, a Second World War double agent. Journalist Ben Macintyre tells Chapman’s story with the energy of the man himself – he re-creates a safe-cracking job at a London cinema, jumps out of a hotel window in Jersey and blows up deckchairs in the garden of the house where Chapman received training from his Nazi handlers. Best of all is superb footage of an elderly, unrepentant Chapman cheerfully recalling his past misadventures.

Summary
Ben Macintyre revisits the story of wartime double agent Eddie Chapman, the subject matter of his best-selling book Agent Zigzag. He reveals how, during the Second World War, Chapman was able to dupe Nazi Germany so successfully that he was awarded the Iron Cross, the country's most prestigious decoration. Includes footage from an interview the former spy gave three years before his death in 1997.
Cast & Crew
Presenter Ben Macintyre
Director Stephen Walker
Producer Sally George
Report Deptford March 20, 2021 8:02 PM GMT
Its a good film sparrow
Report sparrow March 20, 2021 8:13 PM GMT
Yes a great story deptford which I've seen a few times now.
Report big aitch March 21, 2021 12:30 AM GMT
Alexandra Bastedo Lived near me, she died in 2014, she was an animal lover and supported the Cat and Rabbit Centre, so does "Mr Herriot"
Report FOYLESWAR March 21, 2021 5:34 AM GMT
sparrow great  cryptic tip for the edgar wallace at uttoxeter yesterday  ! well done hope you backed it!
Report sparrow March 21, 2021 8:55 AM GMT
If only foyleswar, but I don't much bother with jumps racing so I knew nothing about the horse. Sad
Report sparrow March 27, 2021 7:45 PM GMT
8pm tonight for Dick Emery fans on Talking Pictures.

Ooh... You Are Awful is the 1972 feature-length 'The Dick Emery Show'. It starred Dick Emery, Derren Nesbitt, Ronald Fraser and Cheryl Kennedy.

Before his death, Reggie Campbell Peek deposited a stolen £500,000 into a Swiss bank account. But Peek left a record of the account number: the digits tattooed on the bottoms of four young women, none of whom knows the value of her asset. His friend and partner-in-crime Charlie Tully, using his talent as a "master of disguise", sets out to locate those women and gain sight of the digits. Meanwhile, Tully is being watched by other - more dangerous - criminals.
Report sparrow March 28, 2021 5:50 PM BST
On the Sony Classic Channel tonight at 9pm another chance to see that great film 10 Rillington Place.

Based on Ludovic Kennedy’s 1961 non-fiction book of the same name, this film was a sombre, articulate, and chilling dramatisation of the infamous murders in London when John Reginald Christie – a mild-mannered psychotic mass killer – murdered scores of women and buried them under the floorboards and inside the walls of his rooming house at 10 Rillington Place in Notting Hill.
After the wrong man – Timothy Evans – was convicted and hanged in 1949, the furore that surrounded the case was responsible for the abolition of the death penalty in England.
Richard Attenborough gives one of the screen’s finest and most subtle performances as the drab landlord who strikes again and again without suspicion, and John Hurt is especially fine as the poor illiterate fall guy who goes to the gallows in his place.
Report FOYLESWAR March 28, 2021 5:57 PM BST
the boys from brazil was on last night ,seen it loads of times good film and a very menacing performance from gregory peck as dr josef mengele !
Report stewarty b March 29, 2021 9:00 AM BST
I was flicking through the channels on Friday morning at approx. 7:30 am and noticed a film was on which I had no interest in but notice 'No Hiding Place' was on at 8am. I thought to myself surely this is not what I watched as a nipper in black and white. To my surprise it was! I'll never forget the name....Superintendent Lockhart but is actually Chief Superintendent Lockhart.

I couldn't believe it. I can remember that but no idea what I had for dinner last Monday.
Report stewarty b March 29, 2021 9:17 AM BST
You couldn't may it up...

It was the sequel to the series Murder Bag (1957–1958) and Crime Sheet (1959), all starring Raymond Francis as Detective Superintendent, later Detective Chief Superintendent Tom Lockhart.[1]
Report sparrow March 29, 2021 1:10 PM BST
No Hiding Place was a regular and very popular series in the 60s.
Report FOYLESWAR March 29, 2021 5:53 PM BST
yeah stewy i saw that no hiding place and remember the theme tune as a nipper ! must be 55 plus years old that series
Report elisjohn May 3, 2021 8:05 AM BST
anyone seen , the chain, 1984 comedy starring nigel hawthorne,rumpole, warren mitchell and bernard hill, on tonight 9.00 pm, must be worth a watch
Report stewarty b May 3, 2021 8:59 PM BST
Anybody seen sparrow post lately?
Report sixtwosix May 3, 2021 9:03 PM BST
I watched short film on the 1959 Derby .....very interesting to see the massive occasion Derby day was down south back then.
Report elisjohn May 3, 2021 9:06 PM BST
oh yes, stewarty , ! havent heard in a while
Report elisjohn May 3, 2021 9:09 PM BST
did post on 31/03
Report stewarty b May 3, 2021 9:11 PM BST
Not like sparrow elisjohn. I trust he is well.
Report GLASGOWCALLING May 3, 2021 9:46 PM BST
Anybody seen sparrow post lately?

Sparrow said he was leaving about 2 months ago after a spat with your mate George. Sad
Report onlooker May 3, 2021 9:56 PM BST
Yes he did.

Man of his word - it would appear.
Report elisjohn May 3, 2021 10:23 PM BST
could be with the tylicki thread
Report stewarty b May 3, 2021 11:58 PM BST
after a spat with your mate George

Best get your facts right GLASGOW. He may have said that but not after a spat with my mate.
Report snowynoon May 4, 2021 10:38 AM BST
Was The Chain any good elis ,saw it was on ,but was watching snooker ?
Report elisjohn May 15, 2021 6:03 PM BST
sorry snowynoon, just seen youre post, actually didnt see it myself
Report elisjohn August 1, 2021 7:12 AM BST
i have to admit to watching loads of the laurel and hardy they have on at the moment, whaw they are excellentLaugh
Report smartpunter August 1, 2021 8:32 AM BST
"ROCK ON" SPARROW.ExcitedExcitedExcited
Report sparrow August 1, 2021 9:24 AM BST
Shocked
Report sparrow August 2, 2021 1:35 PM BST
Not heard of this film before but it has a decent cast.

Today, 5:45pm - 7:00pm
on Talking Pictures TV
Go Kart Go (1964)
Adventure

A group of youngsters have fun using their ingenuity to build their own go-kart, with the hope of eclipsing a rival children's gang and beating them at the local race track.

Jan Darnley-Smith
Director

Dennis Waterman
Jimpy

Jimmy Capehorn
`Squarehead' Hedley

Frazer Hines
Harry Haggetty

Pauline Challoner
Patchy

Melanie Garland
Squirt
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 9:59 AM BST
On the Talking Pictures channel tonight at 10pm is a film most teeneagers flocked to see but looking back it seems so very tame nowadays.

22:00    The Amorous Adventures of Moll Flanders    1965. Comedy. Director: Terence Young. Stars: Kim Novak, Richard Johnson, Angela Lansbury. Based on Daniel Defoe's bawdy tale of an 18th-century woman who uses her charms to break into high society.
Report sixtwosix August 8, 2021 10:29 AM BST
Great to watch Laurel and Hardy on here again.

I did enjoy Up The Junction last week, a great piece of 60's nostalgia with a terrific soundtrack .....and some top dolly birds......stop your moaning that's what they were called back then .Cool
Report sparrow August 8, 2021 10:32 AM BST
I don't remember Laurel and Hardy called "stop your moaning"
Report elisjohn August 10, 2021 4:20 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3i56mwMNI

the founders of tal pics
Report elisjohn August 10, 2021 4:25 PM BST
and dont be late to join Caroline munro at the cellar club 9.00pm 3rd septWink
Report elisjohn August 11, 2021 8:10 AM BST
wil hay and "ask a policeman " nowLaughLaughLaugh
Report sparrow August 16, 2021 7:38 PM BST
On the Talking Pictures Channel tonight at 9pm a controversial film from 1961.

Mon 16 Aug    21:00    Flame In The Streets    1961. Drama. Directed by Roy Ward Baker. Stars John Mills, Sylvia Syms, Brenda De Banzie. Racial tensions manifest during Bonfire Night in the West Indian community of post-war Britain.
Report snowynoon August 17, 2021 11:30 AM BST
might have been good ,but i just cant stomach any films dealing with race at the moment ,its an obsession with the media the last year or so ,need a break from it.
Report elisjohn September 19, 2021 9:00 PM BST
LOOK AT LIFE THE BALL AT ITS FEET, 1966 football stars , 20.50 to 21.00, sorry just fimished,   i,ll try and let you know if on again
Report sparrow September 20, 2021 12:12 PM BST
Good to see this thread still going and unfortunately I missed that football programme last night.
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 20, 2021 1:28 PM BST
Forgot how this works. I noticed that the thread appeared at the top & went to see what was on tonight at 9.00 ..... Doctor in Clover
Report Lee Ho Fooks September 20, 2021 1:40 PM BST
Will now have to watch Doctor in Clover now - if only to drool over "nurse at party" (Alexandra BastedoLove)
Report sparrow September 20, 2021 5:29 PM BST
8pm tonight is an episode from "The Main Chance" series shown in 1970 and might be worth a watch.

Settlement Day Gifts in solicitors' offices can have starting repercussions

The Main Chance is a British television series first aired on ITV in four series between 1969 and 1975. It is a drama series that depicts the sudden transformation in the life of a solicitor, David Main (played by John Stride), after he moves from London to Leeds. It was created by Edmund Ward and John Malcolm; the latter was a pseudonym for John Batt who was a practising solicitor. Batt also composed the theme music.
Report elisjohn September 20, 2021 6:00 PM BST
margaret lockwood in justice, and my word goggie withers in a film this morning was very nice indeed in her younger daysLove
Report elisjohn October 1, 2021 8:33 PM BST
as a kid the scariest film id ever seen, THE DEVIL RIDES OUT , starring christopher lee and charles grey who was superb. A black magic horror written by dennis wheatley. bit dated now but still gives me shivers.
tonight 9.00.
Report Lampus October 3, 2021 1:50 PM BST
2.30 Kathy Kirby   LoveLove my story Sunday
Report sparrow October 4, 2021 2:35 PM BST
For those who haven't seen it, on Talking Pictures tonight is the 60s classic "Up The Junction" at 9pm.

Up the Junction is a 1968 British "kitchen sink" drama film, directed by Peter Collinson and starring Dennis Waterman, Suzy Kendall, Adrienne Posta, Maureen Lipman and Liz Fraser.[

Addresses some of the major 60s social issues - a bored rich London-girl from Chelsea decides to go "slumming" in depressed Battersea, getting a flat and starts factory-work and makes friends... of which one has to get an illegal abortion.
Report SlippyBlue October 4, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Sparrow, go to somewhere like Prince Of Wales drive for example in Battersea and your looking at upto and above a million for a 2 bedroom apartment. Not really slumming it in those parts of London now. Shocked
Report sixtwosix October 4, 2021 4:46 PM BST
Watched Up The Junction recently , it was an 8/10 for me .....loved the soundtrack .....and as for Suzy Kendall Love
Report sparrow October 4, 2021 4:50 PM BST
Slippy, I was brought up in Hackney where old council flats that I remember being built in the mid 50s are now like gold dust.
Report skiptoomaloumacari October 4, 2021 7:02 PM BST
6-30pm Wednesday.........LOOK AT LIFE........looks at the build up to the 1961 Grand National.........
Report sparrow October 4, 2021 7:07 PM BST
Nicolaus Silver for me in the National Grin
Report sparrow October 10, 2021 5:45 PM BST
For those who haven't seen it an excellent film on the channel tonight.

Film Dance with a Stranger (1985)

Fact-based drama about former prostitute Ruth Ellis, who embarks on a passionate affair with a racing driver. When he announces he's to marry someone else, she is driven to despair and resorts to murderous measures. But her actions make her the last woman to be hanged in Britain. Drama, starring Miranda Richardson, Rupert Everett, Stratford Johns and Ian Hol

Talking Pictures TV
10:05pm-12:00am (1 hour 55 minutes)   Sun 10 Oct
(Subtitles)
Report the.mad.dog.man October 10, 2021 6:18 PM BST
the bullet holes are still in the pub wall up hampstead
Report sparrow October 10, 2021 6:21 PM BST
Still a tourist attraction then?... mad dog?
Report 11kv October 10, 2021 8:39 PM BST
Headstone in Old Amersham churchyard.
Report LoyalHoncho October 10, 2021 10:25 PM BST
I wonder when the "MeToo" brigade are going to have Ellis deified and retrospectively pardoned.  Like they did "Sally" Challen.  She travelled to premeditatively kill her husband with a hammer but was deemed to be under "co-ersive control"!
Report elisjohn October 10, 2021 10:28 PM BST
very true loyal, thought that myself
Report sixtwosix October 11, 2021 8:31 AM BST
As good as it was .....very hard to watch Secret Army now without doing impressions from Allo Allo.
Report sparrow October 11, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Today on Talking Pictures.

A London taxi driver finds an abandoned greyhound puppy, which grows up to be a champion racer. Comedy drama, starring Wilfrid Lawson and Helena Pickard.

Talking Pictures TV
4:50pm-6:00pm (1 hour 10 minutes)   Mon 11 Oct
Report sparrow October 15, 2021 12:30 PM BST
For those who haven't seen it a very popular film from 1970 "Spring and Port Wine" is shown at 7pm on the channel tonight.

A tyrannically strict Lancashire father brings about the downfall of his family by forcing his daughter to eat a meal against her will. Drama, starring James Mason, Diana Coupland, Susan George and Rodney Bewes.
Report sixtwosix October 15, 2021 4:25 PM BST
Watched it a few weeks ago ....terrific film and tasty totty
Report stewarts rise October 15, 2021 7:04 PM BST
Cracking film of family life in Bolton in the 60s, rather different now I expect, gorgeous Susan George as well!
Report Percy Filth October 15, 2021 9:52 PM BST
Keep on Burning: The Story of Northern Soul (2012) 3.30pm Sunday.
Report sparrow October 16, 2021 8:26 PM BST
Tonight at 9pm on the Talking Pictures Channel........Mona Lisa.

Mona Lisa is a 1986 British neo-noir crime drama film about an ex-convict who becomes entangled in the dangerous life of a high-class call girl. The film was written by Neil Jordan and David Leland, and directed by Jordan. It was produced by HandMade Films and stars Bob Hoskins, Cathy Tyson, and Michael Caine.
The film was nominated for multiple awards, and Bob Hoskins was nominated for several awards for his performance (including the Academy Award for Best Actor), winning the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Drama and BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role.
Report sparrow October 17, 2021 11:17 AM BST
Northern Soul documentary "Keep on Burning" is at 2.10pm this afternoon.
Report elisjohn October 22, 2021 7:28 AM BST
12.55 today, grand national night, followed by a great  film, the boys.
Report snowynoon October 22, 2021 5:16 PM BST
Just watched "the boys" excellent ,really enjoyed it.
Report sparrow October 22, 2021 5:42 PM BST
For those who enjoy a bit of horror its the 1974 version of Dracula starring Jack Palance at 9.05pm tonight.

Horror starring Jack Palance, Simon Ward and Nigel Davenport. Count Dracula takes an interest in buying a house in England and invites solicitor Jonathan Harker to visit his home in Transylvania. However, unknown to Harker, his host is also a centuries-old vampire, who has nefarious plans to complete.
Report sparrow October 24, 2021 9:27 AM BST
On the channel tonight at 9.05pm.
A Private Function
Comedy
Malcolm Mowbray
92 mins
Summary
In post-war Yorkshire, with rationing still very much in force, a mild-mannered chiropodist tries to prove his worth to the snobbish locals by kidnapping a pig which is being fattened up for a local banquet. Alan Bennett's comedy, starring Michael Palin, Maggie Smith, Denholm Elliott, Alison Steadman and Liz Smith.
Report fred c dobs October 26, 2021 10:42 AM BST
One of the best British films ever,cast content superb,MaggieSmith Liz Smith magnificent,a film for all those who wish to return to a better England.Alan Bennet a comedy genius.I could watch it time and time again.
Report fred c dobs October 26, 2021 10:42 AM BST
One of the best British films ever,cast content superb,MaggieSmith Liz Smith magnificent,a film for all those who wish to return to a better England.Alan Bennet a comedy genius.I could watch it time and time again.
Report elisjohn October 28, 2021 10:38 PM BST
on now again, Laugh
Report Lee Ho Fooks November 2, 2021 4:58 PM GMT
6.00 this evening

Dial 999 - The big fish (1958) The success of a rank outsider at a race meeting nets certain people a small fortune to suspicion.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com