Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ashleigh
05 May 18 10:31
| Topic/replies: 18,393 | Blogger: ashleigh's blog
showing the best evening meeting of the year at sandown on may the 24th.
on itv4.
don't ever recall this happening before?
Show More
Report Deltâ May 5, 2018 10:58 AM BST
Ed says he cant wait, it's gonna be amazing
Report posy May 5, 2018 11:25 AM BST
Certainly never been on terrestrial tv before. Whilst I often go to this meeting if the weather isn't great it's an excellent fallback.
Report Ibrahima Sonko May 5, 2018 11:50 AM BST
One of the very few great evening cards.
Report SlippyBlue May 5, 2018 11:55 AM BST
The Brigadier Gerard meeting is one of my favourite meetings of the year and I'll be there at sandown most definitely.
Report ashleigh May 24, 2018 7:17 AM BST
don't forget, sandown on itv4 6-15 to 8-30 pm tonight.

the last televised card in the evening was at ascot on april the 25th on bbc2, 3 jumps races on a special card honouring departing tote chairman woodrow wyatt.
Report kevo May 24, 2018 8:14 AM BST
I don't watch racing on ATR as I prefer the other 2 dedicated channels, but it is a good move by ATR and maybe it might some new viewers interested in the sport. Good luck to them and it would be interesting to see the viewing figures.
Report sparrow May 24, 2018 8:25 AM BST
Viewing figures on ATR?
Report sixtwosix May 24, 2018 8:25 AM BST
Great to see this on the box ,and that this quality evening card has not been shoehorned onto that ludicrous Saturday in July.

Remember Mtoto winning this at huge odds , as they had sorted out the problems with the horse .
Report kevo May 24, 2018 8:27 AM BST
Oops sparrow I meant ITV.
Report mouse muldoon May 24, 2018 10:26 AM BST
Good to see another shift available for Chapman.
Report differentdrum May 24, 2018 1:38 PM BST
Given the rain let's hope the meeting isn't ruined by a load of 'late' non-runners.
Report Eont May 24, 2018 2:03 PM BST
I expect they will be keeping their fingers crossed they can turn it into a pay per view mass brawl event half way through coverage.
Report sparrow May 24, 2018 2:04 PM BST
Shocked
Report screaming from beneaththewaves May 24, 2018 3:06 PM BST
This is ITV4 - Regan and Carter'll be there to sort it out.
Report onlooker May 24, 2018 3:08 PM BST
In years gone by - The BBC have shown races  from  both Ascot and Aintree Evening meetings
Report StillLearning May 24, 2018 3:25 PM BST
Screaming from beneaththewaves don't forget Ironside.
Report MJK May 24, 2018 3:32 PM BST

May 24, 2018 -- 3:06PM, screaming from beneaththewaves wrote:

This is ITV4 - Regan and Carter'll be there to sort it out.

Seeing as it's on later than usual will there be a bloke down the corner of the screen doing sign language?

Report screaming from beneaththewaves May 24, 2018 3:52 PM BST
Yes. Will be good to see McCririck back on our screens.
Report ashleigh May 24, 2018 6:20 PM BST
francesca looking hot in leather tonight.Love
Report The Leopard May 24, 2018 6:21 PM BST
Wow Wow Wow ! Love
Report The Leopard May 24, 2018 6:24 PM BST

May 24, 2018 -- 3:52PM, screaming from beneaththewaves wrote:

You're joking....tell me !

Report xmoneyx May 24, 2018 6:34 PM BST
a favs accum 35/1 Silly
Report The Leopard May 24, 2018 6:59 PM BST

May 24, 2018 -- 3:52PM, screaming from beneaththewaves wrote:

ahh....just read previous post...lol

Report Andrew in Sweden May 24, 2018 7:01 PM BST
Ed Walker saying Stephenson invented the steam engine Shocked
Report Cutter27 May 24, 2018 7:03 PM BST
I remember the ITV Seven, and I once had all six, and the first lost Scared
Report themightymac May 24, 2018 7:06 PM BST
BBC showed evening racing years ago, so it`s nothing new
Report ffccpp May 24, 2018 8:05 PM BST
Francesca outclasses Lydia - no contest. ITV gets the best interviews with jockeys and trainers. Thoroughly enjoying watching their presentation this evening .That boring bloke on Racing UK (would be a brilliant funeral director) presenting with Lydia is an instant turnoff (wife, who watches racing with me, totally agrees).
Report Ibrahima Sonko May 24, 2018 8:29 PM BST
Good all round show imo, good bits away from the horses. Clearly we would like more time spent on the horses but it was a good show.

Hopefully we will see a shift to more group races being shown towards the evening in the summer.
Report xmoneyx May 24, 2018 8:31 PM BST
3/4 favs Whoops
Report li May 24, 2018 9:47 PM BST
More details please The Mighty Mac?
Report onlooker May 24, 2018 10:04 PM BST
I have already posted that - li - much earlier iin the thread ...

onlooker    24 May 18 15:08 

In years gone by - The BBC have shown races  from  both Ascot and Aintree Evening meetings
-----------

- and not decades ago, either ... in fact, Aintree  and Ascot did not have May Evening meetings until more recent years.
Report Cherrykino May 24, 2018 10:10 PM BST
I'd be surprised if BBC showed an Aintree evening meeting in the last 25 years -not nationally anyway.
Report ashleigh May 26, 2018 9:53 AM BST
itv 4 coverage reached a peak of 407,000 viewers on thursday.
possibility of them doing it again with the gosforth park cup meeting on june 29th at newcastle.
Report ronnie rails May 26, 2018 10:00 AM BST
Ashleigh
do you remember when look north used to show 1 race on the Friday evening

mike Neville was the presenter.
have a good day
regards
Ronnie.
Report chavman May 26, 2018 10:05 AM BST
i remember when terry biddlecombe used to give tips on the itv/central 6 oclock news on a friday night,now thats going back some years
Report ashleigh May 26, 2018 10:14 AM BST
ronnie, can just about remember that,along with the bbc2 coverage with julian wilson.
what was the programme that used to show 1 race on a weekday lunchtime. was it the old racing channel or some other?
Report lead on May 26, 2018 10:24 AM BST
Channel 4?...with LydiaLove
Report Facts May 26, 2018 10:26 AM BST

Reported in October 2002

'.........Channel 4 is shaking up the staid world of lunchtime TV by launching a daily horseracing show that aims to give an 'adrenaline rush' to daytime viewers

It hopes to grab audiences turned off by normal lunchtime fare such as Neighbours and Home And Away with a daily half-hour flutter, starting with with live coverage of The Lords Taverners Handicap Hurdle from Bangor at the end of this month.

The show initially will be up against one Australian soap and Sophie Raworth's new quiz show, Judgemental, on BBC1 and a business magazine show, Working Lunch, on BBC2.

Live coverage of the sport is usually confined to BBC2 and Channel 4 in the afternoon during major horseracing events such as the Cheltenham festival and Royal Ascot.

"The regular terrestrial exposure is a major asset to horseracing, which most sports would die for," said the Channel 4 head of sport, David Kerr.

"The show's format is designed to offer viewers an early afternoon adrenaline rush through the thrill of live racing and at the same time provide racing with a terrific platform for promoting and maximising this exciting sport."

The station came up with the novel lunchtime racing slot as part of its new Attheraces pay TV venture.

Channel 4 is currently broadcasting Ally McBeal repeats in the slot the new racing show will occupy.

Up to 5 million viewers are available at that time of day and BBC1 and ITV1 currently dominate the slot, with audiences of around 1.5 million each.

Channel 4's Ally McBeal repeats average only around 400,000 viewers at that time, so there will be plenty of room for Lunchtime Attheraces to increase the network's audience.

But the programme will also be used as a showcase for Attheraces, the joint venture between Channel 4, BSkyB and racecourse owner Arena Leisure that operates the horseracing pay TV channel of the same name.

A Channel 4 spokeswoman said the broadcaster was still finalising the presenting line-up for the new show, but wanted to introduce some new faces.

Read more
However, regular presenters from Channel 4's Saturday racing show, The Morning Line, will also feature in the new slot.

These include betting expert John McCririck and former champion jockey John Francome.

Channel 4 recently lured BBC Radio 5 Live breakfast presenter Victoria Derbyshire to front new Saturday morning show Sport Talk, which launched last weekend.

Lunchtime Attheraces is to be made by independent production company Highflyer. The show has been commissioned for an initial five-month run.

Racecourses that will feature in the show during October and November include Cheltenham, Wetherby, Lingfield Park, Warwick, Chepstow and Carlisle.......'
Report Trusty May 26, 2018 10:33 AM BST
ITV Racing's first venture into evening racing proved a hit with television viewers and punters alike, with Sandown's Matchbook-sponsored Brigadier Gerard card on Thursday doing good business for both the network and bookmakers.

An estimated 393,000 people were already watching ITV4 when Frankie Dettori booted home favourite Without Parole in the Heron Stakes at 7.05pm, a figure that had risen to 407,000 when the field for the Henry II Stakes set off half an hour later.

The audience had dipped to 367,000 when the feature race got under way at 8.10pm, by which time ITV4 were up against such midweek staples as Emmerdale, Britain's Best Home Cook and the Chelsea Flower Show.
Report ashleigh May 26, 2018 10:34 AM BST
thanks facts, thought it was earlier than that.
Report grayhawk May 26, 2018 10:52 AM BST
Ronnie rails...i think the Gosforth Park Cup was shown live on Tyne Tees

Mike Neville did work for the BBC and Tyne Tees...
Report morpteh mackem May 26, 2018 10:54 AM BST
remember doug miscrop and a presenter ( female ) getting into period costume to celebrate 100th year of plate, was on itv.
Report ashleigh June 5, 2018 7:29 PM BST
confirmed itv 4 to show the gosforth park evening meeting at newcastle on june 24th.
with a blank day during the world cup, itv hoping to increase viewing figures after the success of sandown, with coverage on a friday night.
Report mouse muldoon June 5, 2018 7:32 PM BST
Wonder what joe public will make of a card full of 2f sprints?
Report ashleigh June 5, 2018 7:35 PM BST
june 29th.Whoops
Report onlooker June 5, 2018 7:51 PM BST
This Gosforth Park Sprint Cup (Friday evening) meeting  - used to be shown on TYNE-TESS TV every year.

That was when, of course, The Gosforth Park Sprint Cup was a 0-110 Handicap  - and regularly targetted by the big Newmarket stables, aswell.

Although - I have very fond memories of reliable, star, Sprint Handicapper Lucedeo winning it for John Spearing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com